Need Help? Customer Support 1-866-236-8417
    mithcol1234 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mithcol1234 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mithcol1234 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mithcol1234 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mithcol1234 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mithcol1234 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mithcol1234 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mithcol1234 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mithcol1234 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mithcol1234 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

lack of salt causes body temperature drop?

I never eat salt with any of my meals and someone told me recently that not having enough salt in the blood makes you cold all the time...Is this true or bs?

member67 will become famous soon enough. (+50) member67 will become famous soon enough. (+50) member67 will become famous soon enough. (+50) member67 will become famous soon enough. (+50) member67 will become famous soon enough. (+50) member67 will become famous soon enough. (+50) member67 will become famous soon enough. (+50) member67 will become famous soon enough. (+50) member67 will become famous soon enough. (+50) member67 will become famous soon enough. (+50) member67 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    if your salt intake is low enough to cause a decrease in blood volume and subsequently blood pressure, your body will likely compensate via a baroreceptor reflex to increase your blood pressure. This will draw blood away from the capillaries in skin, more noticeably in your extremities (hands,feet) into your major arteries and veins...leaving those extremities feeling cold.

hope that helps a bit

EDIT: also..if your purposely curbing your salt intake because you're worried about high BP, then try modifying your diet to increase your Potassium intake along with Salt, that should help your kidneys to continue filtering at a high rate and not send signals to increase your BP. maintain adequate water intake as well
    Last edited by member67; 03-23-2009 at 06:54 AM.

in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by mithcol1234 View Post
    I never eat salt with any of my meals and someone told me recently that not having enough salt in the blood makes you cold all the time...Is this true or bs?
    If an Iodine deficiency is a factor in hypothyroidism, then your body temperature would potentially be below normal.
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

mithcol1234 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mithcol1234 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mithcol1234 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mithcol1234 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mithcol1234 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mithcol1234 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mithcol1234 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mithcol1234 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mithcol1234 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mithcol1234 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    thanks for the reply...so how much salt is ok to eat then? I don't use salt for any of my food, ever.

terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Do you eat any processed foods (including whey powder)? Most dietary sodium is already in the food people eat, it isn't added.

You can have around 2000-3000 mg of sodium in your diet and be ok as long as you drink enough water and take in enough potassium.
    31-26-36.

Mother of 3

www.hotnfit.com - need help with fat loss, muscle gain, or having a healthy pregnancy? Visit my site! Yes safe for work and mobile friendly :)

www.facebook.com/hotnfitcom

ya i drink why twice a day, but what I mean is I never add table salt to any other food that I eat. For example chicken breast, eggs, rice?

GoogleFreak has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GoogleFreak has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GoogleFreak has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GoogleFreak has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GoogleFreak has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GoogleFreak has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GoogleFreak has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GoogleFreak has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GoogleFreak has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GoogleFreak has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GoogleFreak has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Here is a small list of sodum in foods.
    http://www.healthyeatingclub.com/inf...ta/data5a.html

I don't buy table salt it's crap. I use Himalayan salt few times a month, it has by far more nutrients than table salt. You shouldn't worry if you're eating plenty of meat.

Blindead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blindead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blindead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blindead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blindead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blindead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blindead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blindead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blindead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blindead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blindead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by GoogleFreak View Post
    Here is a small list of sodum in foods.
    http://www.healthyeatingclub.com/inf...ta/data5a.html

I don't buy table salt it's crap. I use Himalayan salt few times a month, it has by far more nutrients than table salt. You shouldn't worry if you're eating plenty of meat.
    awesome, some more bull**** dr. mercola is marketing as the holy grail of health supplements, except it's pretty much a load of bull. don't you know that guy got shot down by the FDA a few times already?

edit: rofls. i looked at the label to see all the awesome minerals and compounds that are in this amazing himalayan salt.... chloride. HOLY **** ON A STICK BATMAN, CHLORIDE IN SALT? CALL THE PRESIDENT!!!!
    I want to touch the butt.

ozzygold has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ozzygold has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ozzygold has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ozzygold has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ozzygold has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ozzygold has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ozzygold has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ozzygold has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ozzygold has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ozzygold has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ozzygold has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

personal experiences

I totally notice this all the time. I live in a very cold place and I notice all the time that when I eat a high salt meal, I feel warmer! I constantly do this so that I can turn the heat down in my apt. and save on our ridiculous bills.
    Careful on that sodium though. Oh and by the way, there is no reason whatsoever you should have to supplement your sodium, its in everything really! Chances are you probably already get more than enough.
    ~Carpe Diem!
    http://yoursuppsucks.blogspot.com/

GoogleFreak has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GoogleFreak has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GoogleFreak has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GoogleFreak has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GoogleFreak has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GoogleFreak has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GoogleFreak has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GoogleFreak has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GoogleFreak has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GoogleFreak has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GoogleFreak has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Seamless View Post
    awesome, some more bull**** dr. mercola is marketing as the holy grail of health supplements, except it's pretty much a load of bull. don't you know that guy got shot down by the FDA a few times already?

edit: rofls. i looked at the label to see all the awesome minerals and compounds that are in this amazing himalayan salt.... chloride. HOLY **** ON A STICK BATMAN, CHLORIDE IN SALT? CALL THE PRESIDENT!!!!
    Actually I don't even read his articles anymore for a long time. So you're wrong on that count. I have tried the salt it have good results with it. You can insult me all you want but the truth is you don't know anything, you're blinded by the FDA and the lobbists.