Page 4 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast
    Robby Coker is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Robby Coker is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Robby Coker is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Robby Coker is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Robby Coker is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Robby Coker is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Robby Coker is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Robby Coker is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Robby Coker is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Robby Coker is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Robby Coker is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by daYDreAmErX View Post
    Hey,

Your program is giving me some insane and high numbers

I don't think that's possible, seriously.
    Quebec has a very cold climate.

So, with your climate being cold, that will put your numbers higher since extreme climates raise your metabolism.

If you didn't know, the Activity Level in the Occupation section is BEFORE any exercise is taken into account. So, if you exercise 3-5 days per week, for example, and you work a sedentary job, do not select Moderately Active. Select Sedentary as your activity level.

Also, did you enter your body fat percentage? If you didn't, make sure to do so if you know it.

Sometimes, if your body fat percentage is high enough for a given weight, your REE, based on body fat percentage, will be considerably lower than the REE based on your gender, age, height, and weight.

Robby Coker is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Robby Coker is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Robby Coker is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Robby Coker is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Robby Coker is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Robby Coker is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Robby Coker is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Robby Coker is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Robby Coker is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Robby Coker is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Robby Coker is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by njh287 View Post
    I just used your latest version of the program. I read the FAQ and readme text files and still having a little trouble interpreting things. First, which of the starvation mode caloric prescriptions is best, i.e. how should I go about choosing one?
    You should decide on which one based on what level of starvation mode you may expect to hit, based on what method of fat loss you are planning to use.

OR

If you are striving to lose at a given rate, and a given intake you're currently eating at isn't producing that desired rate of loss, then you drop to one of the levels of starvation mode, as your body may currently be in some level of starvation mode.

As far as which level of starvation mode you may expect to hit, there are certain main parameters which determine how much you enter starvation mode:
    Total Calorie intake
    Size of Calorie deficit
    Body Fat %

If you drop your Calories to low levels such as below REE, less than 1200, down to 800, etc., then you will often enter starvation mode.

If you have large Calorie deficits, usually above 1000, then you will more likely enter starvation mode. The greater the deficit, the higher the level of starvation mode.

If your body fat percentage is low, especially less than 10-12%, then your body more readily enters starvation mode in response to Calorie deficits.

What do the metrics at the top mean and how should they be interpreted differently from the table at the bottom
    They are different. The chart at the top shows the possible effects that different Calorie intakes and energy balances may have on your metabolism.

the daily calorie intake, calculated calorie deficit, calorie balance, and resulting calorie intake...what should I input in these and how should I interpret the results? Seems like it could be helpful though....thanks for all your hard work!
    For daily calorie intake, you just enter an intake, and the calculated energy balance will show up on the bottom.

For energy balance, you just enter an energy balance:
    -negative number for a deficit
    -positive number for a surplus

Once you enter a daily Calorie intake or an energy balance, the chart will show the possible effects that the final energy balance will have on your metabolism.

Since this is on next page now, here are the download links to the current version.

Total Metabolism Forecaster 1.202 (MS Excel)
    Total Metabolism Forecaster 1.202 (OO.org)
    Last edited by Robby99999; 04-07-2009 at 10:38 PM.

daYDreAmErX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daYDreAmErX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daYDreAmErX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daYDreAmErX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daYDreAmErX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daYDreAmErX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daYDreAmErX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daYDreAmErX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daYDreAmErX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daYDreAmErX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daYDreAmErX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Robby99999 View Post

So, with your climate being cold, that will put your numbers higher since extreme climates raise your metabolism.

If you didn't know, the Activity Level in the Occupation section is BEFORE any exercise is taken into account. So, if you exercise 3-5 days per week, for example, and you work a sedentary job, do not select Moderately Active. Select Sedentary as your activity level.

Also, did you enter your body fat percentage? If you didn't, make sure to do so if you know it.

Sometimes, if your body fat percentage is high enough for a given weight, your REE, based on body fat percentage, will be considerably lower than the REE based on your gender, age, height, and weight.
    It's not cold 12 months of the year LOL

22 y/o female, training sports 5-6 days a week (2 hours each time), sedentary job (student), 140 lbs, 5'6", about 18% bf
    Government is for slaves
    Free men govern themselves

BJJ + Navy log:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=164870361

toiletmoose is on a distinguished road. (+10) toiletmoose is on a distinguished road. (+10) toiletmoose is on a distinguished road. (+10) toiletmoose is on a distinguished road. (+10) toiletmoose is on a distinguished road. (+10) toiletmoose is on a distinguished road. (+10) toiletmoose is on a distinguished road. (+10) toiletmoose is on a distinguished road. (+10) toiletmoose is on a distinguished road. (+10) toiletmoose is on a distinguished road. (+10) toiletmoose is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Thats all and good. But i still suspect that its abit high. I think i should share my inputs:

Height: 1.89m
    Weight: 163lbs
    Bf: i used 10%
    Macros: 20 p, 60 c, 20 f

Activity: Sedentary + 10mile weekly cardio + 4 x mod-high weight lifting/week

Lot of water (160oz), dairy and 2 cups coffee. I even added morning temp which supposedly adjusted my metabolism down 8.4% (i put in 36.5deg though im not really sure)

I got 3054cal/day. DAMN!

---

Basically, the usual recommendation is for 14-16cal/lbs BW. Just came out of a diet and have maintained at 2600cal/day for 2 weeks. Now onto a bulk, and with the numbers from the calc, i gotta be consuming 3541cal/day to gain 1lbs/wk.

I looked at those numbers and couldn't believe it Lol. So i guess i had better experiment. I know that i will need to see if that is truly the case for me by comparison with actual results. My current daily average is at 3000-3100cal in attempt to bulk. (the usual 18-20x BW in lbs recommendation)

I will update after 2 weeks on the result of the current caloric intake. Basically i thought the numbers were seriously high, and i've gotta test it.

Could anyone else do some simultaneous tests? I suspect the calc is wrong, but if it is correct, then i will be one happy man. (MOAR FOOD!)

Originally Posted by daYDreAmErX View Post
    It's not cold 12 months of the year LOL

22 y/o female, training sports 5-6 days a week (2 hours each time), sedentary job (student), 140 lbs, 5'6", about 18% bf
    At 140 lbs, 18% body fat, your REE is 1497. With just your job activity level (Sedentary) and thermogenic effect of food (11.1%, don't know your macros) factored in, your maintenance level is only 1996.

What kind of sports do you do, and how are you calculating the Calories burned from it? I assume you're putting the total number of Calories burned over the week from sports in the Other Exercise section.

What parameters did you enter in the extended parameters area?

daYDreAmErX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daYDreAmErX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daYDreAmErX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daYDreAmErX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daYDreAmErX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daYDreAmErX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daYDreAmErX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daYDreAmErX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daYDreAmErX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daYDreAmErX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daYDreAmErX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    At 140 lbs, 18% body fat, your REE is 1497. With just your job activity level (Sedentary) and thermogenic effect of food (11.1%, don't know your macros) factored in, your maintenance level is only 1996.

What kind of sports do you do, and how are you calculating the Calories burned from it? I assume you're putting the total number of Calories burned over the week from sports in the Other Exercise section.

What parameters did you enter in the extended parameters area?
    I train Muay Thai and according to a bodybugg that I used 3 times it gives me about 1100 calories burned per session.
    Government is for slaves
    Free men govern themselves

BJJ + Navy log:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=164870361

So Fly My Ash is Lined Up rainieravesouth's Avatar
    rainieravesouth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rainieravesouth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rainieravesouth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rainieravesouth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rainieravesouth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rainieravesouth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rainieravesouth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rainieravesouth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rainieravesouth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rainieravesouth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rainieravesouth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    It doesn't mean maintenance at all.

For the Total Metabolism area:
    -for Total Daily Calorie Expenditure, it's what your TDEE would be when you're running a deficit, and your body is not in starvation mode.
    -for Metabolic Rating, it's what your metabolic rating would be in a deficit, and your body is not in starvation mode.
    -for Actual Calorie Deficit, it's what your Calorie deficit would be if your body is not in starvation mode.

For Regimen Forecaster:
    It means that this is how many Calories you would need to lose at a given rate if your body is not in starvation mode.

That's not quite what it means.

In the Regimen Forecaster area, it means that's how many Calories you would need to lose at a given rate if your body is not in starvation mode.
    thanks for the reply.

so basically, if i'm cutting, i should only worry about the cutting regimen forecaster and the numbers that it gives me?

for example, my "no starvation" # is 2859 and "14%" is 2319. So as low as i stay between those numbers i should be able to minimize muscle loss or starvation mode?
    - Rep "super stupid jeans" pics on sight

٩(•̮̮̃•̃)۶ ٩(•̮̮̃•̃)۶ JDkeystone's Avatar
    JDkeystone has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JDkeystone has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JDkeystone has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JDkeystone has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JDkeystone has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JDkeystone has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JDkeystone has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JDkeystone has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JDkeystone has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JDkeystone has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JDkeystone has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Ok, I'm getting "ready-only mode" no matter what the hell I click on. Looks like a good calc, but if it's that complicated to use, I'll pass

Originally Posted by toiletmoose View Post
    Thats all and good. But i still suspect that its abit high. I think i should share my inputs:

Height: 1.89m
    Weight: 163lbs
    Bf: i used 10%
    Macros: 20 p, 60 c, 20 f

Activity: Sedentary + 10mile weekly cardio + 4 x mod-high weight lifting/week

Lot of water (160oz), dairy and 2 cups coffee. I even added morning temp which supposedly adjusted my metabolism down 8.4% (i put in 36.5deg though im not really sure)

I got 3054cal/day. DAMN!

---

Basically, the usual recommendation is for 14-16cal/lbs BW. Just came out of a diet and have maintained at 2600cal/day for 2 weeks. Now onto a bulk, and with the numbers from the calc, i gotta be consuming 3541cal/day to gain 1lbs/wk.

I looked at those numbers and couldn't believe it Lol. So i guess i had better experiment. I know that i will need to see if that is truly the case for me by comparison with actual results. My current daily average is at 3000-3100cal in attempt to bulk. (the usual 18-20x BW in lbs recommendation)

I will update after 2 weeks on the result of the current caloric intake. Basically i thought the numbers were seriously high, and i've gotta test it.

Could anyone else do some simultaneous tests? I suspect the calc is wrong, but if it is correct, then i will be one happy man. (MOAR FOOD!)
    With your age, height, weight, and body fat %, and level of exercise, 3100 Calories/day is actually a pretty reasonable maintenance level.

You gotta remember also that tall people typically burn more Calories per day, and teens generally have higher metabolisms as well.

Originally Posted by pumped4life82 View Post
    Ok, I'm getting "ready-only mode" no matter what the hell I click on. Looks like a good calc, but if it's that complicated to use, I'll pass
    Only the labels and functions are protected.

You shouldn't be getting that message on the light aqua fields where you enter data as those fields are not protected. Edit: also, make sure to press enter after you enter the data. For some reason, in some MS Excel versions, you have to do this.

Have you read the FAQ?
    Last edited by Robby99999; 04-07-2009 at 08:51 PM.

Originally Posted by rainieravesouth View Post
    thanks for the reply.

so basically, if i'm cutting, i should only worry about the cutting regimen forecaster and the numbers that it gives me?
    Focus on that one for now.

for example, my "no starvation" # is 2859 and "14%" is 2319. So as low as i stay between those numbers i should be able to minimize muscle loss or starvation mode?
    To minimize muscle loss, your max deficit should be 31 Calories per pound of body fat.

For your Calorie intake to lose fat at a given rate, you should always start at the level for no starvation mode. If you don't lose at your desired rate at that intake, then adjust downward until you do.

JDkeystone has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JDkeystone has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JDkeystone has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JDkeystone has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JDkeystone has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JDkeystone has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JDkeystone has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JDkeystone has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JDkeystone has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JDkeystone has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JDkeystone has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Only the labels and functions are protected.

You shouldn't be getting that message on the light aqua fields where you enter data as those fields are not protected.

Have you read the FAQ?
    Heh well I'm reading it now...but I don't actually see anything that pertains to the "read-only mode" message (unless I'm just extremely tired and skimmed over it or something)

But yeah, I just tried opening it again, and no matter where I click and no matter what I type, it keeps giving me the same message.

Heh well I'm reading it now...but I don't actually see anything that pertains to the "read-only mode" message (unless I'm just extremely tired and skimmed over it or something)

But yeah, I just tried opening it again, and no matter where I click and no matter what I type, it keeps giving me the same message.
    Does it say anything about it being "protected" as well?

What version of Windows are you running? What version of MS Excel?

I will go and ask about this problem on the MS Excel help forum and try to find a solution. Others here have had similar problems with the read-only message popping up when entering data into the data entry fields even when those cells are specifically not protected!

Does it say anything about it being "protected" as well?

What version of Windows are you running? What version of MS Excel?

I will go and ask about this problem on the MS Excel help forum and try to find a solution. Others here have had similar problems with the read-only message popping up when entering data into the data entry fields even when those cells are specifically not protected!
    Using Windows XP and OpenOffice.org 3.0.

Being "protected" is not mentioned anywhere, though. But anything I click on (gender field, weight field, etc) just keeps producing the same little box that says "Document opened in read-only mode".

Anyways, if you can get this fixed, that would be awesome! I'll keep checking in for updates, thanks!

Using Windows XP and OpenOffice.org 3.0.

Being "protected" is not mentioned anywhere, though. But anything I click on (gender field, weight field, etc) just keeps producing the same little box that says "Document opened in read-only mode".

Anyways, if you can get this fixed, that would be awesome! I'll keep checking in for updates, thanks!
    There's both an MS Excel and an OpenOffice.org version.

Did you accidentally get the MS Excel one?

If you did, here's a link to the OpenOffice.org version.
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/attach...1&d=1238871051

There's both an MS Excel and an OpenOffice.org version.

Did you accidentally get the MS Excel one?

If you did, here's a link to the OpenOffice.org version.
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/attach...1&d=1238871051
    Nope, using the OO one. I thought that mighta been the problem too, but I downloaded both and kept getting the same thing...

Nope, using the OO one. I thought that mighta been the problem too, but I downloaded both and kept getting the same thing...
    On some of these fields, you cannot just enter text or a number.

You can only make a selection from a menu.

In the user information entry area, all of the unit fields are like this, and the Gender field is like this as well.

So, if you are, for example, trying to enter your gender by spelling it out or entering the first letter of it, it won't work. You have to click on the icon to the right of the field and make your selection from the menu.

On some of these fields, you cannot just enter text or a number.

You can only make a selection from a menu.

In the user information entry area, all of the unit fields are like this, and the Gender field is like this as well.

So, if you are, for example, trying to enter your gender by spelling it out or entering the first letter of it, it won't work. You have to click on the icon to the right of the field and make your selection from the menu.
    Yeah, I saw. I clicked on the dropdown list for the gender field, highlighted "female", and as soon as I did that, I got the "read-only mode" message.

Lol I'm telling you- come hell or high water, the thing will not let me enter my info, period

I have released a patched/bug fix version of Total Metabolism Forecaster as version 1.202.

I labeled the folder of the program as shared and put Everyone as having Full Control. So, in the zip file, the program comes in a shared folder labeled as "v1.202".

I hope this fixes the read-only error problems that some of you have been getting.

I also found a bug in the speed entry field of the bicycling section. This was only in the MS Excel version. I fixed it.

Anyway, here is a list of all the changes that were made, taken from the History file:

04/08/09 - Version 1.201 to Version 1.202
    ================================

* This is a bug fix version.

-I did a modification where I added Everyone to Authorized Users list with Full Control. I hope this fixes the issues where others were getting the "read-only" errors popping up when entering data into data entry fields.

-I also found a bug in the speed entry field for the bicycling section in the Standard Parameters area that made it where you were not able to enter a speed. I fixed this, and it now works as it should.

-Additionally, for the Microsoft Excel version, I did a modification where you now cannot scroll over cells that are locked. This should prevent accidental entering of data into labels, which results in the protected data error message. I am going to see if you guys are ok with it and see if I should keep it or not.

You can get it from here.
    Last edited by Robby99999; 04-18-2009 at 07:19 PM.

toiletmoose is on a distinguished road. (+10) toiletmoose is on a distinguished road. (+10) toiletmoose is on a distinguished road. (+10) toiletmoose is on a distinguished road. (+10) toiletmoose is on a distinguished road. (+10) toiletmoose is on a distinguished road. (+10) toiletmoose is on a distinguished road. (+10) toiletmoose is on a distinguished road. (+10) toiletmoose is on a distinguished road. (+10) toiletmoose is on a distinguished road. (+10) toiletmoose is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Thanks for the reply robby. Will try it out and see how it works out over the next 2 weeks.

Great update once more, you're a really dedicated guy!

easye7 is just really nice. (+1000) easye7 is just really nice. (+1000) easye7 is just really nice. (+1000) easye7 is just really nice. (+1000) easye7 is just really nice. (+1000) easye7 is just really nice. (+1000) easye7 is just really nice. (+1000) easye7 is just really nice. (+1000) easye7 is just really nice. (+1000) easye7 is just really nice. (+1000) easye7 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Jesus I must have screwed something up, says I need 3600 calories to cut...must have left an extra 0 in somewhere.

But wow, pretty comprehensive calculator.

StillWorkin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) StillWorkin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) StillWorkin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) StillWorkin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) StillWorkin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) StillWorkin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) StillWorkin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) StillWorkin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) StillWorkin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) StillWorkin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) StillWorkin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Are you using body fat percentage?

edit: I looked up the climate for Michigan. According to the climate of Detroit, the climate is temperate. So, select temperate for your climate.
    http://www.fitday.com/fitness/Public...er=Stillworkin

I'd call you for real to go thru it.. lol. And I can be more specific.. I dont know. I knew nothing when I lost the weight before, however I didnt have aprox. 190 lbm/lbs... I would say im around 40% or so.... I wont post pic here, but here is link from most recent pics. This is a month old too-Mar 3rd, I have droped a few more lbs since.

http://bodyspace.bodybuilding.com/St...n=progresspics
    I am eating 2600 cals as I posted todays eating above, but the program is talking about eating 4000 daily.
    Certified Personal Trainer, A.C.E, N.A.S.M
    Senior BB.com Member

Current Supps
    BSN Hyper Shred | HMB | Fish Oil | Opti-Men | ProSupps: Dr Jekyll & Mr. Hyde

.:MiscMarioBrahs:.

StillWorkin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) StillWorkin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) StillWorkin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) StillWorkin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) StillWorkin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) StillWorkin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) StillWorkin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) StillWorkin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) StillWorkin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) StillWorkin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) StillWorkin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Male
    71 inch
    315 lbs
    40%

Moderade metab
    50/30/20- P/C/F

10 miles/ wk
    # days- 3
    avg mph- 3.6
    min session- 40
    inc% - 0

Weight lifting days week- 4 (somtimes 5, but i go 4)
    inten. level: mod-high (3-4 sets per ex/ 8-12 reps)
    35 min session

HIIT
    1 days
    4.65 avg (run@ 6.2mph for 1 min/walk for 2 min @3.1)
    22 min
    0% inc

3 fish oil caps
    I entered 500 om3 per cap (it also has 300mgEPA/+200mg DHA=1g each)
    2 servings fish (2 cans 6oz tuna)
    servings nuts- 0.5 (I will have a full serving when I do eat, but on average its every other day or so)
    200mg daily of caffeine

2 serv dairy
    120 oz water

Smoke- No
    Fat burner- Yes
    Daily-2(not sure what that means)

No beta blocker
    Temperate for temp(its 35 or so outside now)

I put 300 in the GOAL WEIGHT.. and it says "WAY TOO LOW"
    I want a regimine to get to 300 lbs by may 20th

Senior BB.com Member

Current Supps

Originally Posted by StillWorkin View Post
    10 miles/ wk
    # days- 3
    avg mph- 3.6
    min session- 40
    inc% - 0
    If you already know your weekly miles, do not enter anything into the other three fields. With the weekly miles entered in, the Calorie expenditure from cardio already gets calculated for you.

3 fish oil caps
    I entered 500 om3 per cap (it also has 300mgEPA/+200mg DHA=1g each)
    2 servings fish (2 cans 6oz tuna)
    servings nuts- 0.5 (I will have a full serving when I do eat, but on average its every other day or so)
    Regularly is defined as at least 5 days per week (I need to note that in the text box in the next version. I apologize for not doing that; will do it in the next version). So, you need to be eating 2 servings of fish at least 5 days per week,
    and 0.5 servings of nuts at least 5 days per week.

Fat burner- Yes
    Daily-2(not sure what that means)
    Fat-burners increase your metabolism by a range of 2-5%. Examples would be the stimulant-based ones, ones that are thermogenics, and ones that enhance thyroid function.

There are certain fat-burners, however, that you cannot count. Some of them are ones that balance Cortisol (I have posted about this concerning Lean Xtreme) and regulate or increase hormones such as Testosterone.

For REDuction AM & PM, if you're taking one or the other, count it as only 0.5.

I will probably make a list of ones to count and not to count.

I put 300 in the GOAL WEIGHT.. and it says "WAY TOO LOW"
    300 is definitely not too low. You likely mis-input something.

Probably accidentally entered a number out of range (like an extra 0) or something that wasn't a number.

I want a regimine to get to 300 lbs by may 20th

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/photo/data/500/calc.JPG
    I ran your parameters through and got 4025 for your maintenance level, essentially what you got.

I entered 300 into the goal weight field, and it accepted it just fine.

You have to keep in mind that, at your current weight, you will burn more Calories per mile than somebody who is lighter as you have more weight to carry. So, given this, with the cardio you do, this will make your maintenance level higher.

That is, as you do more miles, the Calorie expenditure begins to add up quite a bit.

At your current weight, you burn 180 Calories per mile as compared to someone, at 160 lbs, who only burns 91 Calories per mile. So, compared to you, for the 160'lber, the miles would not add up very quickly for him.

Weight-lifting is the same way. The number of Calories you burn per hour also depends on your body weight, and given your weight, you will also be burning more Calories from this exercise as compared to someone who is 160. So, this will make your maintenance level higher, too.

At 2600, which is a 1425 Calorie cut-back from your maintenance level, which is large, your metabolism will adapt downward a bit. So your TDEE will be a bit below 4025 when in deficit. Your metabolism is always lower when in a Calorie deficit anyway.

Also, your protein intake is very high, and this gives you a higher thermogenic effect of food than if you had a lower protein diet (like 15% Calories from protein which is common in weight loss diets). Protein has a TEF of 20-30%.
    Last edited by Robby99999; 04-08-2009 at 11:24 AM.

There are certain fat-burners, however, that you cannot count. Some of them are ones that balance Cortisol (I have posted about this concerning Lean Xtreme) and regulate or increase hormones such as Testosterone.

For REDuction AM & PM, if you're taking one or the other, count it as only 0.5.

I will probably make a list of ones to count and not to count.
    Alright, I am going to be taking this...
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/thermo/di.html
    What should I enter?
    At 2600, which is a 1425 Calorie cut-back from your maintenance level, which is large, your metabolism will adapt downward a bit. So your TDEE will be a bit below 4025 when in deficit. Your metabolism is always lower when in a Calorie deficit anyway.
    So, does that mean I should be eating 4025 with the workout I have listed I do? Thats crazy to me. lol.. ill go broke, and feel bloated. I did a bulk at one time eating that many. And thats like 700 cals a meal. I feel full as hell when I eat 450 cals in a meal.

Thanks for entering that all in for me too.
    btw- 300lbs for desired weight at the bottom isnt way too low, im 315 now.. and want to drop by May 20th..
    Senior BB.com Member

Current Supps

Originally Posted by StillWorkin View Post
    Alright, I am going to be taking this...
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/thermo/di.html
    What should I enter?
    Go ahead and count that one as 1.

So, does that mean I should be eating 4025 with the workout I have listed I do? Thats crazy to me. lol.. ill go broke, and feel bloated.
    Yes. That's the amount needed to keep your weight steady, with your current level of exercise.

I did a bulk at one time eating that many. And thats like 700 cals a meal. I feel full as hell when I eat 450 cals in a meal.

Thanks for entering that all in for me too.
    You're welcome.
    btw- 300lbs for desired weight at the bottom isnt way too low, im 315 now.. and want to drop by May 20th..
    You likely had accidentally entered a value that wasn't a number, and that triggered the error message.

For you other guys, if you ever get that message, the above is most likely the case or you accidentally entered a fourth digit, because the highest you can enter is 999 (if unit is pounds), 454 (if unit is kilograms).

easye7 is just really nice. (+1000) easye7 is just really nice. (+1000) easye7 is just really nice. (+1000) easye7 is just really nice. (+1000) easye7 is just really nice. (+1000) easye7 is just really nice. (+1000) easye7 is just really nice. (+1000) easye7 is just really nice. (+1000) easye7 is just really nice. (+1000) easye7 is just really nice. (+1000) easye7 is just really nice. (+1000)

Thumbs up

Height: 72"
    Weight: 191 lbs
    BF: ~10%

Macro nutrient Ratio: 40/30/30

Occupation Activity Level: Sedentary

Weight Lifting: 5 days, 60 minutes, mod-high intensity
    (what are the parameters for this though?)

Omega-3 Intake: 4 Fish Oil Capsules, 300 mg each
    2 Servings of Nuts

Dairy Servings: 4 servings
    Water: 40 ounces
    Hot Foods: Yes
    Fat Burners: Yes, 2 a day (Ephedrine)
    Climate: Warm (Orlando, FL)

Total Daily Caloric Expenditure: 3846

How?

So Fly My Ash is Lined Up rainieravesouth's Avatar
    rainieravesouth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rainieravesouth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rainieravesouth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rainieravesouth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rainieravesouth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rainieravesouth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rainieravesouth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rainieravesouth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rainieravesouth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rainieravesouth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rainieravesouth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Hey, thanks for the new version.

it's giving me lower numbers than your previous version (a difference of about 800 cals)

would you say the newest version is more accurate
    - Rep "super stupid jeans" pics on sight

Originally Posted by easye7 View Post
    Height: 72"
    Weight: 191 lbs
    BF: ~10%

Macro nutrient Ratio: 40/30/30

Occupation Activity Level: Sedentary

Weight Lifting: 5 days, 60 minutes, mod-high intensity
    (what are the parameters for this though?)

Omega-3 Intake: 4 Fish Oil Capsules, 300 mg each
    2 Servings of Nuts

Dairy Servings: 4 servings
    Water: 40 ounces
    Hot Foods: Yes
    Fat Burners: Yes, 2 a day (Ephedrine)
    Climate: Warm (Orlando, FL)

Total Daily Caloric Expenditure: 3846

How?
    First of all, you have 172 lbs of lean body mass. Muscle burns more Calories than fat.

Someone who is your same weight & height but yet, has 22% body fat, would burn fewer Calories than that person (like you) who is 10% body fat at that same weight.

What is your other fat burner besides Ephedrine? If it's Caffeine, don't count it in the fat-burners section. Count it in the Caffeine intake section. If it's Lean Xtreme, don't count that either.

Your pretty high % of Calories from protein also gives you a higher thermogenic effect of food, resulting in a higher maintenance level. Protein has the highest TEF rating of the macronutrients.

For 2 servings of nuts in the Omega 3 section, regularly is defined as at least 5 times per week. If you don't have 2 servings of nuts per day for at least 5 days per week, then use a weekly average.