redbeard66 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

>* Becoming A Fitness Trainer!?

Hi, I've been a gym rat for quite some time now, and I've always had on mind being a fitness trainer. But I really want to do it. I checked out this website www.nptifitness.com, and I was wondering if it was legit? Also if you did it, how was it....ups and downs?

And Im also curious about the lifestyle, like your scheduling...is it tough scheduling clients around your own schedule and/or other clients schedules?

Is getting clients tough?

Does it provide enough money to live off of without another job?

A lot of quitters?

You're favorite thing about it?

>>If anybody could answers these questions truthfully that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

PumaKrieg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PumaKrieg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PumaKrieg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PumaKrieg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PumaKrieg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PumaKrieg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PumaKrieg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PumaKrieg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PumaKrieg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PumaKrieg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PumaKrieg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    im interested in some of this myself

NDMarts has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NDMarts has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NDMarts has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NDMarts has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NDMarts has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NDMarts has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NDMarts has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NDMarts has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NDMarts has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NDMarts has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NDMarts has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by redbeard66 View Post
    Hi, I've been a gym rat for quite some time now, and I've always had on mind being a fitness trainer. But I really want to do it. I checked out this website www.nptifitness.com, and I was wondering if it was legit? Also if you did it, how was it....ups and downs?

And Im also curious about the lifestyle, like your scheduling...is it tough scheduling clients around your own schedule and/or other clients schedules?

A lot of quitters?

>>If anybody could answers these questions truthfully that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you
    Being a student my clients needs to work with my schedule also. It's really rough but worth it, big time.

Money wise, I couldn't live off of it. But I only have two clients right now.

At first the one guy wanted to quit but you just have to find their mode of exercise and they start to love it. He loves the gym now. As for my other one, he's crazy so he pushes and pushes and pushes.

Favorite thing? Being a student I feel the experience is amazing. I have a heads up on 90% of the people in my major. Plus it helps build a network through word of mouth from your clients (if your good). Also watching their bodies change is a favorite of mine.

My one client went from 155 to 181 and only went up 2% body fat in 6-8 months. It was wild, all natural too. Seeing a change like that is sweet.
    "Fear is the mother of failure. You only live once act like it.."

"The only fear you have is that with-in your mind"

"I have gone way to far to ever give up..... Either keep up or watch me grow"

bellasmommy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I work in a smaller service oriented facility. Getting clients is work... you have to do tons of networking, marketing, prospecting and building relationships. In this economy, we've come up with lots of more affordable options as well (like tandem training). I also am constantly learning and improving myself as a trianer. You have to try to make yourself stand out, or you will have a harder time as well.

I work about 25 hours a week. My salary is dependent on clients. Its commission only, so if I don't see people, I don't get paid. This can be stressful. When business is good, its really good. I make as much working 25 hours a week as I did working full time in a corporate position, but it DOES vary. When I came back from maternity leave for example, I didn't make any money in the month of December. I had to plan ahead for this.

Lots of quitters? Absolutely.

Bset thing? I LOVE my job. I don't dread going to work. There is nothing better than helping someone change their life.

josephinedalton is just really nice. (+1000) josephinedalton is just really nice. (+1000) josephinedalton is just really nice. (+1000) josephinedalton is just really nice. (+1000) josephinedalton is just really nice. (+1000) josephinedalton is just really nice. (+1000) josephinedalton is just really nice. (+1000) josephinedalton is just really nice. (+1000) josephinedalton is just really nice. (+1000) josephinedalton is just really nice. (+1000) josephinedalton is just really nice. (+1000)
    I am almost 100% positive that is the gym an old friend of mine graduated from when I first started training. She actually lived on the campus. She was amazing. AND she learned to sell ! So I looked into it and saw the curriculum and was impressed. Anything that makes you apply your knowledge immediately while you are still learning, earns my respect.

Your schedule is flexible as a trainer, especially if you are independent. Gym employee trainers usually start off as floor personnel (cleaning machines, sweeping, keeping smaller apparatii in order, helping clients if necessary). This is their time to get acquainted with the gym members and get leads or orientations. As you pick up sessions, these floor hours will diminish, and the gym will eventually hire another new trainer to replace you for those floor hours. And typically these floor hours you'll be paid minimum wage, if you get paid at all

As for scheduling clients... that depends on your own availability. Remember that most Americans work 9-5 like schedules and you'll find that most want to train before 9 or after 5. If you have a primary job during the day, training in the late afternoons and early eve is great !!!!!! But sometimes finding clients during normal business hours can be difficult. But then again, those are perfect hours for housewives, business owners, retirees, and whoever that doesn't conform to a normal work day. That's when you want to ask yourself, who is your target client?

If you were like me when I was a gym employee trainer, and you live at the gym from dusk til dawn... scheduling isn't an issue... unless all your clients want that 5pm slot !

Depends on how the economy, if you are working at a gym that has alot of members with money to spend, and how well YOU sell yourself.

This depends on the cost of living, whether or not you work for a gym or independently, how many people you train during the week.

Example; if you live in OC and your rent is $1200/m and you are working for a gym that pays you only $25 per session, and you are just starting out (like training only 3 clients at 3 times per week)... hell no ! That's less than $1k a month BEFORE taxes.

Figure out how much you want to make..let's say $50,000/yr (roughly $4200 a month or $1000 a week). Determine how many clients you need to train a week. Let's say your average rate is $50 a session, you'd have to train 20 sessions per week... easy , right?) Well, let's say the economy is slow and you can only sell half hour sessions at $30 per session... that's about 33 half hour sessions per week)... not bad part time job, right?

Now, let's say you want to make $120,000 a year !
    /12 = $10,000 a month ! ! !
    /4 = roughly $2500/week

at $50 a session, you'd have to get 50 sessions per week. That's 10 sessions a day M-F
    at $75 a session, you'd have to get 34 sessions per week. That's 7 sessions a day M-F
    at $30 a session, you'd have to get 83 sessions per week. That's 17 sessions a day M-F

Those numbers sound easy... until you realize you have to sell sessions and maintain client adherence. ANd now you got to start planning out how many leads you need to get depending on your sell to no-sell ratio

Gosh, there is alot more to it than this ! ! !

A lot of quitters?
    YOU BET ! ! !

Helping people out and helping them achieve better health and happiness

Do keep in mind that training can also be miserable. Sometimes you get clients that complain the entire session. You have to motivate them and some will try to weasle their way out of showing up. Sometimes you won't see some clients for weeks. Other times, they get depressed because they aren't seeing results and it isn't your fault. in my professional opinion, the worse thing about training is having to sell... i hate sales ! !

GOOD LUCK
    Josie "TRAINER JO" Dalton

Site: http://www.TrainerJo.com
    Talk Show: coming back soon
    FB: http://www.********.com/lasvegastrainerjo
    IG: @Ms.Trainer.Jo
    Google Plus: COMING SOON
    Pinterest: http://www.pinterest.com/trainerjo
    Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/mstrainerjo

redbeard66 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thank you for your answers, i really appreciate it.

So it sounds like the biggest pain in the ass are the clients, I pretty much figured that, but the whole thing in genereal seems challenging, which sort of makes me more interested for a bigger challenge, because the harder something is, the more I want to accomplish it.

I think I'm going to go for it soon enough, and hopefully I do good, but you'll see me on these threads and I'll probably be asking a bunch of newb questions. But thank you for your help, I really apreciate it
    You predict you're own future

Make a goal

Aim high, get high.
    Aim low, go low.

YOU'RE PUNY

NDMarts has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NDMarts has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NDMarts has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NDMarts has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NDMarts has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NDMarts has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NDMarts has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NDMarts has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NDMarts has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NDMarts has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NDMarts has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thank you for your answers, i really appreciate it.

So it sounds like the biggest pain in the ass are the clients, I pretty much figured that, but the whole thing in genereal seems challenging, which sort of makes me more interested for a bigger challenge, because the harder something is, the more I want to accomplish it.

I think I'm going to go for it soon enough, and hopefully I do good, but you'll see me on these threads and I'll probably be asking a bunch of newb questions. But thank you for your help, I really apreciate it
    Clients/Customers/Other people will always be the pain in the ass lol
    "Fear is the mother of failure. You only live once act like it.."

"The only fear you have is that with-in your mind"

"I have gone way to far to ever give up..... Either keep up or watch me grow"

subieshane will become famous soon enough. (+50) subieshane will become famous soon enough. (+50) subieshane will become famous soon enough. (+50) subieshane will become famous soon enough. (+50) subieshane will become famous soon enough. (+50) subieshane will become famous soon enough. (+50) subieshane will become famous soon enough. (+50) subieshane will become famous soon enough. (+50) subieshane will become famous soon enough. (+50) subieshane will become famous soon enough. (+50) subieshane will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    you could always just work for urban active, their trainers and training director and district manager arent even certified!
    The Dream Aint Ova

SubieShane is Big Nasty

powerlifting is an excuse to be fat.

james299 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) james299 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) james299 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) james299 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) james299 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) james299 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) james299 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) james299 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) james299 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) james299 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) james299 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by PumaKrieg View Post
    im interested in some of this myself
    Me to : )