Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    DJSTARER is just really nice. (+1000) DJSTARER is just really nice. (+1000) DJSTARER is just really nice. (+1000) DJSTARER is just really nice. (+1000) DJSTARER is just really nice. (+1000) DJSTARER is just really nice. (+1000) DJSTARER is just really nice. (+1000) DJSTARER is just really nice. (+1000) DJSTARER is just really nice. (+1000) DJSTARER is just really nice. (+1000) DJSTARER is just really nice. (+1000)
    to me, it seems your core strength and lower back is solid. If it was weak, you would not be able to maintain that posture through your entire lift. The real problem you are facing is your upper back strength. Either a) you need to find a higher bar position, or b) you need to get your shoulders, traps, lats and middle back MUCH stronger so you can actually maintain that bar position while standing upright. You are only hunched over because the bar would slide right off your back when you stand up straight. This is a common occurrence when people lower their bar positions. You just happen to have a VERY low bar position.

To think your lower back and core is weak is preposterous. You manage to keep a constant posture with 500 lbs and a velco belt.

Lifeman89 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Lifeman89 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Lifeman89 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Lifeman89 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Lifeman89 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Lifeman89 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Lifeman89 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Lifeman89 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Lifeman89 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Lifeman89 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Lifeman89 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by isaku900 View Post
    agree with everything someonefat, the cannibal and cjdelaney said..

you still haven't squatted 500.

red lights for:
    not starting with your legs locked, depth, not recovering to lockout.
    prob would have been called for bar position and he wasn't upright enough either to even start the lift.

edit: in addition to everything you already said!
    Currently Prepping for APF Nationals

isaku900 has the mod powerz isaku900 has the mod powerz isaku900 has the mod powerz isaku900 has the mod powerz isaku900 has the mod powerz isaku900 has the mod powerz isaku900 has the mod powerz isaku900 has the mod powerz isaku900 has the mod powerz isaku900 has the mod powerz isaku900 has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by Lifeman89 View Post
    prob would have been called for bar position and he wasn't upright enough either to even start the lift.

edit: in addition to everything you already said!
    that too.
    *Mods/CS will not, nor can they change your username, so don't ask*
    *Mods/CS will not, nor can they mass delete your post history, so don't ask*

Juic3 is just really nice. (+1000) Juic3 is just really nice. (+1000) Juic3 is just really nice. (+1000) Juic3 is just really nice. (+1000) Juic3 is just really nice. (+1000) Juic3 is just really nice. (+1000) Juic3 is just really nice. (+1000) Juic3 is just really nice. (+1000) Juic3 is just really nice. (+1000) Juic3 is just really nice. (+1000) Juic3 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by DJSTARER View Post
    to me, it seems your core strength and lower back is solid. If it was weak, you would not be able to maintain that posture through your entire lift. The real problem you are facing is your upper back strength. Either a) you need to find a higher bar position, or b) you need to get your shoulders, traps, lats and middle back MUCH stronger so you can actually maintain that bar position while standing upright. You are only hunched over because the bar would slide right off your back when you stand up straight. This is a common occurrence when people lower their bar positions. You just happen to have a VERY low bar position.

To think your lower back and core is weak is preposterous. You manage to keep a constant posture with 500 lbs and a velco belt.
    Thanks for the critique, I like this bar position and I'm definitely not going to change it. (although I will try putting it an inch higher).

If I can go to the proper depth with the bar positioned like that, then why would it be dis-allowed? Anthony Clark benched with a reverse grip and that was allowed, so why wouldn't this be?

someonefat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) someonefat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) someonefat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) someonefat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) someonefat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) someonefat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) someonefat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) someonefat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) someonefat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) someonefat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) someonefat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Edo View Post
    Thanks for the critique, I like this bar position and I'm definitely not going to change it. (although I will try putting it an inch higher).

If I can go to the proper depth with the bar positioned like that, then why would it be dis-allowed? Anthony Clark benched with a reverse grip and that was allowed, so why wouldn't this be?
    With a higher bar position you hit an easy 425 which looked like you could have repped it, you went lower, and it was a YEAR ago. So how is this better position for you when its doing nothing but giving you lots of form issues, making you squat high ext?

isaku900 has the mod powerz isaku900 has the mod powerz isaku900 has the mod powerz isaku900 has the mod powerz isaku900 has the mod powerz isaku900 has the mod powerz isaku900 has the mod powerz isaku900 has the mod powerz isaku900 has the mod powerz isaku900 has the mod powerz isaku900 has the mod powerz

If I can go to the proper depth with the bar positioned like that, then why would it be dis-allowed?

well...for all the things soaringswine, myself and lifeman said...

if u leave the bar in the same spot you'll get red lighted in almost any fed. but u won't be able to get depth with a maximal weight and that form, not consistently.

so yeah, stay low bar...but move it up to a legal position.

Juic3 is just really nice. (+1000) Juic3 is just really nice. (+1000) Juic3 is just really nice. (+1000) Juic3 is just really nice. (+1000) Juic3 is just really nice. (+1000) Juic3 is just really nice. (+1000) Juic3 is just really nice. (+1000) Juic3 is just really nice. (+1000) Juic3 is just really nice. (+1000) Juic3 is just really nice. (+1000) Juic3 is just really nice. (+1000)
    well...for all the things soaringswine, myself and lifeman said...

if u leave the bar in the same spot you'll get red lighted in almost any fed. but u won't be able to get depth with a maximal weight and that form, not consistently.

so yeah, stay low bar...but move it up to a legal position.
    Whats the lowest legal bar position? :S

Originally Posted by someonefat View Post
    With a higher bar position you hit an easy 425 which looked like you could have repped it, you went lower, and it was a YEAR ago. So how is this better position for you when its doing nothing but giving you lots of form issues, making you squat high ext?
    I tried the higher bar position. I did 405 easy but when I went for 455 I failed...

^^Is that the form you guys are talking about?

Originally Posted by DJSTARER View Post

What belt do you suggest?

umm...still bad.

knee break first...gah.

cjdelaney is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cjdelaney is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cjdelaney is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cjdelaney is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cjdelaney is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cjdelaney is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cjdelaney is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cjdelaney is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cjdelaney is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cjdelaney is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cjdelaney is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

a reverse grip bench and a mid-back bar position have nothing to do with each other.

There is a unanimous consensus here that your bar position sucks and would not be legal in competition. You are not doing "squats" by anybody's definition. I cant see why you insist on continuing to do them that way.

You obviously have a solid level of strength established, if you took some time to actually learn the lift it would be 10x better for you in the long term.

and you aren't hitting proper depth.

Lifeman89 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Lifeman89 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Lifeman89 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Lifeman89 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Lifeman89 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Lifeman89 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Lifeman89 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Lifeman89 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Lifeman89 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Lifeman89 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Lifeman89 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    hey kid you're the one that can't squat
    i agree... your form is terrible.. break at the hips first... sit back.. ur knees travel more then a wealthy retired jewish couple.... u lack core strength... your form shows you actually have none... try training ur core... get used to the bar up there there is no reason to have it much lower unless ur multi out of a mono... u also are way to bent over... and stay on ur heels....

i still give the new vid 3 reds... actually i would have never given the squat command...

hercules71185 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) hercules71185 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) hercules71185 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) hercules71185 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) hercules71185 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) hercules71185 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) hercules71185 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) hercules71185 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) hercules71185 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) hercules71185 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) hercules71185 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Just because you can why do it the hard way? Look at power lifters. You CAN snatch clean, or you can clean and jerk, just because you can use sh*tty form doesn't mean you should. Is there a reason you don't want to change your form and not only save your back and get stronger faster. But lift more.
    is not a powerlifter :-D

hercules71185 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) hercules71185 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) hercules71185 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) hercules71185 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) hercules71185 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) hercules71185 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) hercules71185 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) hercules71185 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) hercules71185 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) hercules71185 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) hercules71185 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    To is that the form we are looking for. Try to puff your chest out when you are standing up instead of arching forward. The bar slid down your back like 4 inches on the way down, that's why you can't get too heavy. Do a vid @315 (light weight) and put it across your shoulders like the last vid, and puff your chest out. Act like you are trying to hold a bucket of water on your lower back. I'd love to post a vid, but my gym only has smith machines instead of racks. So, showing someone on that is retarded. (notice how my squat number hasn't changed in 2 years since I can't really predict a max on the smith machine. 650lbs on that thing isn't 650 and the form doesn't matter with it.)

vascularing defination Newbtime's Avatar
    Newbtime has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Newbtime has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Newbtime has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Newbtime has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Newbtime has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Newbtime has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Newbtime has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Newbtime has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Newbtime has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Newbtime has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Newbtime has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Thanks for the critique, I like this bar position and I'm definitely not going to change it. [/youtube]
    .......wow...

you have two videos of you on youtube dumping the bar off your back after squatting the weight and going to rack it. its probably happened many times before aswell.

its clear as day this isn't working for you. you have a extreme muscle weakness that needs to be corrected. keep with the high bar position, pinch your shoulder blades together and put the bar ontop of your rear delts just under your traps. flex your glutes at lockout after walking the weight out and after locking it out. break with your hips instead of your knees.

youre staying too loose when you walk the bar out, keep your abs tight and your hips under the bar before starting the rep. you are already leaned over walking the bar out with just 405.

cjdelaney is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cjdelaney is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cjdelaney is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cjdelaney is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cjdelaney is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cjdelaney is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cjdelaney is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cjdelaney is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cjdelaney is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cjdelaney is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cjdelaney is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by hercules71185 View Post
    J Look at power lifters. You CAN snatch clean, or you can clean and jerk,

???

you should probably disregard anything this guy says.

Why? Because in lifting meets you are ALLOWED to snatch clean if you want. Or is that just too complicated for you to understand? It's obviously not worth doing. Same as ridiculous bar placement. You CAN do it but why would you?
    do you know the difference between powerlifting and weightlifting?

do you know the difference between a snatch and a clean?

Originally Posted by cjdelaney View Post

Yes I was a powerlifter up until I stopped lifting in 07. I just started bodybuilding and cutting for the first time.
    And I never disrespected anyone on this forum, never have never will. Now why can't I question someone. Obviously he can speak for himself if he thinks I disrespected him. Take a look at every post I've ever made and tell me I directly disrespected anyone who wasn't a troll. I didn't.
    My lifts suck now since I've only been back in the gym for a month since I was out for 2 solid years.
    Last edited by hercules71185; 03-16-2009 at 03:00 PM.

Originally Posted by cjdelaney View Post

And again, I know the difference and when I was lifting we had a guy who used the snatch over the clean and jerk. He was 155 and his shoulders were weak as hell, he liked to pop it from the ground to his hands. I'm just saying why do it just because it's allowed.

Yes I was a powerlifter up until I stopped lifting in 07. I just started bodybuilding and cutting for the first time.
    And I never disrespected anyone on this forum, never have never will. Now why can't I question someone. Obviously he can speak for himself if he thinks I disrespected him. Take a look at every post I've ever made and tell me I directly disrespected anyone who wasn't a troll. I didn't.

the snatch and the clean and jerk are WEIGHTLIFTING MOVMENTS.

powerlifting is the SQUAT, BENCH, and DEADLIFT.

you don't know the basic difference between the two.

I'm starting to see why you were in the red until recently.

And again, I know the difference and when I was lifting we had a guy who used the snatch over the clean and jerk. He was 155 and his shoulders were weak as hell, he liked to pop it from the ground to his hands. I'm just saying why do it just because it's allowed.

no...you don't have a choice between the two.

in a weightlifting competition you have three attempts at the snatch and three attempts at the clean and jerk. the best attempt from each lift is combined to make your total.

in powerlifting you have three attempts each at the squat, bench and deadlift, the best attempt from each lift is combined to make your total.

in neither sport are you allowed to pick and choose which lift to perform...you have to do both in weightlifting or all three in a powerlifting meet.

weird maybe I'm in a f*cked up area? EVERY event I've EVER competed in was Pause press (bench), cleans, and d-lift. They all labeled themselves as powerlifting. I now see how so many people had such big totals.

weird maybe I'm in a f*cked up area? EVERY event I've EVER competed in was Pause press (bench), cleans, and d-lift. They all labeled themselves as powerlifting. I now see how so many people had such big totals.
    florida high school competitions are not powerlifting.

they are bench, clean and deadlift competitions.

unfortunately this makes you incorrect in your assertions throughout this thread and have caused you to be labeled forever in my mind as ignorant.

nice try but robert keller puts on about 10 meets a year in florida and that's just one federation...

nice try but robert keller puts on about 10 meets a year in florida and that's just one federation...
    As I said I have no idea what it was supposed to be then. It was about 10 of us on a team, about 10 teams and all ran local. I never made it big or anything. But, I just find it weird and yes I was ignorant to what it was. Either way I know how to squat(no homo) I know how to deadlift, and I know how to bench. I'll get my numbers back and post vids when I get back in shape.

There is really no need to get all butt hurt. I said he should disregard your advice. You aren't in a position to give advice regarding powerlifting since you don't even know what powerlifting is. That is a statement of fact and not an insult.

why do you keep saying you will post vids of your lifts when you get back in shape? Did anyone say anything about giving a **** what you lift?

Why? Because in lifting meets you are ALLOWED to snatch clean if you want. Or is that just too complicated for you to understand? It's obviously not worth doing. Same as ridiculous bar placement. You CAN do it but why would you?
    That part was hard for me to understand, given that "snatch clean" is not even an actual lift.

iLiRaM is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iLiRaM is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iLiRaM is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iLiRaM is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iLiRaM is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iLiRaM is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iLiRaM is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iLiRaM is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iLiRaM is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iLiRaM is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iLiRaM is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    puase at 11 seconds. why is the bar so low on the back? put it up higher, stand straighter
    squeeze your glutes and press

dude ur sig says u squat on a smith machine

/thread
    I would like to use a regular squat rack, but we don't have one. Being I'm not claiming I can tell you my current progress I won't. I'd rather keep updated with legit numbers for my benefit. My actual squat number was at a gym during a free day trail thing just to get my maxes. 1st day in the gym after 2 years.

Can't we all just get along? lol. I don't powerlift. I'm a Newbie. I suck, I am weaker than all of you, and hide my ugly face behind a more attractive chucky mask. Don't hate me because I'm a tard :-(. And OP didn't mean to thread jack, obviously.
    I can see why you don't put the bar on your traps damn things must get in the way. Can you scratch your ears without your hands?
    Last edited by hercules71185; 03-16-2009 at 05:16 PM.

Arlecchino has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Arlecchino has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Arlecchino has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Arlecchino has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Arlecchino has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Arlecchino has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Arlecchino has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Arlecchino has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Arlecchino has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Arlecchino has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Arlecchino has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    WTF?

When did this turn into the misc?

Some people will be receiving a visit in their CP in one form or another.

Stand by.