ko_kidd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ko_kidd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ko_kidd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ko_kidd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ko_kidd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ko_kidd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ko_kidd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question Shoes with good LATERAL support and maybe good ankle support

So I never really noticed how much shoes move laterally until a rolled my foot a little (I think) while doing a few hundred pounds with bent-leg deadlifts.

Anyone have suggestions on good shoes for doing deadlifts or squats?

I've heard some people use really flat shoes like Chuck Taylor's for squats and whatnot but aren't those very thin on the sides?

HATETANK is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HATETANK is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HATETANK is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HATETANK is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HATETANK is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HATETANK is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HATETANK is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HATETANK is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HATETANK is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HATETANK is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HATETANK is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Yes they are very thin but they are very good shoes. I prefer either chucks or old school lightweight wrestling shoes, like asics, etc.
    Last edited by HATETANK; 03-14-2009 at 12:03 PM.
    AAS/TRT Forums @ www.muscle-labs.com

"Scottish by birth, American by law - a Highlander by the grace of God."

ko_kidd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ko_kidd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ko_kidd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ko_kidd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ko_kidd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ko_kidd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ko_kidd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    So you think you're getting good support from these shoes then?

(Cause you didn't mention what I was asking about)

EDIT:

And I guess that would depend on whether or not you go high-top or low.

HATETANK is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HATETANK is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HATETANK is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HATETANK is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HATETANK is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HATETANK is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HATETANK is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HATETANK is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HATETANK is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HATETANK is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HATETANK is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Support is debatable.

I feel that I have the right shoes for me. I feel that building strength throughout my body also includes having stable ankles. I dont want to be locked into a shoe that doesnt give me some room to move. This to me could cause balance problems which is not something you want when you have 400+ pounds on your back.

You could look at wraps for either your ankles (or knees) but I would stay away from them unless your squatting 2 times your body weight.

I go hightop.
    AAS/TRT Forums @ www.muscle-labs.com

"Scottish by birth, American by law - a Highlander by the grace of God."

Lol what I'm saying is not coming across 100%.

Yes I was asking about ankle support but I'm talking about LATERAL support for your foot also--aka the muscles at the outside and inside of the top of your feet.

Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz
    Chucks seem to have pretty good ankle support even in the low top version. They are what I use. You don't need a lot of padding for support, proper fit and structure are what make the difference.
    []---[] Equipment Crew Member No. 11

"As iron sharpens iron so one man sharpens another" Proverbs 27:17

Okay I see what you're saying. I know padding isn't as important as structure.

I guess the lacing helps out for this a lot on those shoes. Interesting.