Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    Pass The Refridgerator kudostojen's Avatar
    kudostojen is just really nice. (+1000) kudostojen is just really nice. (+1000) kudostojen is just really nice. (+1000) kudostojen is just really nice. (+1000) kudostojen is just really nice. (+1000) kudostojen is just really nice. (+1000) kudostojen is just really nice. (+1000) kudostojen is just really nice. (+1000) kudostojen is just really nice. (+1000) kudostojen is just really nice. (+1000) kudostojen is just really nice. (+1000)

Great log

Thanks. it's a huge help for us newbies.

I'm on my second day of this diet.
    Thanks for posting the quotes from McDonald's book. They're a big help too.
    i'm in the process of reading one his books now.

"If we wait for the moment when everything, absolutely everything is ready, we shall never begin."
    Ivan Turgenev

If You Can't Stand Behind Our Troops, Feel Free To Stand in Front of Them ..

queloque will become famous soon enough. (+50) queloque will become famous soon enough. (+50) queloque will become famous soon enough. (+50) queloque will become famous soon enough. (+50) queloque will become famous soon enough. (+50) queloque will become famous soon enough. (+50) queloque will become famous soon enough. (+50) queloque will become famous soon enough. (+50) queloque will become famous soon enough. (+50) queloque will become famous soon enough. (+50) queloque will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by kudostojen View Post
    Thanks. it's a huge help for us newbies.

I'm on my second day of this diet.
    Thanks for posting the quotes from McDonald's book. They're a big help too.
    i'm in the process of reading one his books now.
    As long as you stick with your caloric deficit you should be ok. A lot of women in the keto log section have come and gone because of the frustration. Some were not happy they were not losing the fat like they thought and others were not happy they were gaining weight even though it was muscle weight they were gaining.

Mcdonald as you might have read mentioned that the effects on women are often different so the strategy has to be adjusted a little.

Did you read that?

Care to share with us your goal under the keto diet?

kudostojen is just really nice. (+1000) kudostojen is just really nice. (+1000) kudostojen is just really nice. (+1000) kudostojen is just really nice. (+1000) kudostojen is just really nice. (+1000) kudostojen is just really nice. (+1000) kudostojen is just really nice. (+1000) kudostojen is just really nice. (+1000) kudostojen is just really nice. (+1000) kudostojen is just really nice. (+1000) kudostojen is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by queloque View Post
    As long as you stick with your caloric deficit you should be ok. A lot of women in the keto log section have come and gone because of the frustration. Some were not happy they were not losing the fat like they thought and others were not happy they were gaining weight even though it was muscle weight they were gaining.

Mcdonald as you might have read mentioned that the effects on women are often different so the strategy has to be adjusted a little.

Did you read that?

Care to share with us your goal under the keto diet?
    I didn't read that part in the book yet. I've been trying to take in as much info as i can. His books are very technical and sometimes quite dry. lol
    I don't find this diet difficult at all, compared to my low carb, balanced diet. I like the fact that i can carb up on Friday nights and Saturdays. I don't think i'll carb up longer than that. It shouldn't be difficult for me to keep the fat low on those days either.

This is my keto log. Started it yesterday.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=117206431

I've also used this "layman's" approach to the diet.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/sclark91.htm

My goal? To lose body fat and at the same time not feel so damn lethargic and hungry all the time. I'm feeling a little foggy today and i have a slight headache, but i'm not hungry.

I would like to lose 10lbs by August 1st. I know that's asking a lot, but the higher my standards are the closer i'll get to them.

My training will have to be adjusted slightly, but my intensity will stay the same. My workouts have always been high intensity. I better need railing to get down stairs when i'm done my leg workout...haha...i usually do.

"If we wait for the moment when everything, absolutely everything is ready, we shall never begin."
    Ivan Turgenev

questions

About an hour or two before the depletion workout, i'm suppose to have approximately 50g of carbs, preferably from fruit. Correct?

...and after the workout (pwo) i'm suppose to have 1.5g of carb per BMlb, which is 97g of carbs with 25-50g of protein. Can this be done with sugary juice?

Thanks

Ivan Turgenev

queloque will become famous soon enough. (+50) queloque will become famous soon enough. (+50) queloque will become famous soon enough. (+50) queloque will become famous soon enough. (+50) queloque will become famous soon enough. (+50) queloque will become famous soon enough. (+50) queloque will become famous soon enough. (+50) queloque will become famous soon enough. (+50) queloque will become famous soon enough. (+50) queloque will become famous soon enough. (+50) queloque will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    About an hour or two before the depletion workout, i'm suppose to have approximately 50g of carbs, preferably from fruit. Correct?

...and after the workout (pwo) i'm suppose to have 1.5g of carb per BMlb, which is 97g of carbs with 25-50g of protein. Can this be done with sugary juice?

Thanks

I believe so becuse in a healthy adult, the liver glycogen store is usually between 50 and 100 grams. Yes, fruit is the preferred because the glucose/fructose from the fruit feeds the liver glycogens. Some people drink it, I chow down on a bunch of strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, etc. Honey and melons are good too.

The post workout is usually some type of powdery drink of some sort that matches those grams that you can drink right after you workout.

Body is depleted. Especially in my upper body. I really worked out pretty hard this past week.

Made my first protein bar.

I would have to say not bad at all. I think I found an office snack.

Tablespoon peanut butter
    Scoop of protein powder
    tablespoon of Almond Meal
    Mix with water.

Made my first protein bar.

I would have to say not bad at all. I think I found an office snack.

Tablespoon peanut butter
    Scoop of protein powder
    tablespoon of Almond Meal
    Mix with water.
    do you just mix it together and put it in the fridge? how many does it make? Just one?

Ivan Turgenev

Talking

do you just mix it together and put it in the fridge? how many does it make? Just one?
    yes, you can put it in the frig.

This is one serving. The main recipe uses 1/4 cup of everything to make four. I will be experimenting too with nuts or other things or peanut butter with nuts in it. The peanut butter is the binding ingredient it seems. Some people use hazzlenut butter or something similar. You can mold it in some foil like the Clif Bars. I actually molded it in my hand. Or roll them into balls if you like.

Made the best fruit drink for my liver glycogen

1 1/2 cup of raspberries
    1 cup of blueberries
    1/2 apple juice
    Tablespoon of splenda/sugar mix (same bag)
    4 tablespoons of hemp protein 14 grams of carbs/14 grams of fiber (net 0 carb but a clean colon)
    Tablespoon of olive oil

blended until liquid

A drink for the Gods.

I don't know maybe its me but a carb-up right after a depletion (had a banana and 3 servings of rice cakes waiting for me in the car after I left the gym) seems to leave my muscles a little pumped or hard. Usually it gets soft after a heavy workout. I have to note this for future reference.
    Last edited by queloque; 06-28-2009 at 07:07 PM.

maybesew has a spectacular aura about. (+250) maybesew has a spectacular aura about. (+250) maybesew has a spectacular aura about. (+250) maybesew has a spectacular aura about. (+250) maybesew has a spectacular aura about. (+250) maybesew has a spectacular aura about. (+250) maybesew has a spectacular aura about. (+250) maybesew has a spectacular aura about. (+250) maybesew has a spectacular aura about. (+250) maybesew has a spectacular aura about. (+250) maybesew has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    That drink sounds good. 2 questions, do you make your own almond meal and where do you buy your hemp protein?
    Aisle by Aisle Keto Shopping Guide ----> http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=117649931

Originally Posted by maybesew View Post
    That drink sounds good. 2 questions, do you make your own almond meal and where do you buy your hemp protein?
    I bought my almond meal at Shoppers. Do they have it in your area. Its in the flour section.

This is what mine looks like.
    http://tinyurl.com/mdeb5l

I bought the hemp protein at the Vitamin Shoppe called Nutiva hemp Protein

Link below of what it looks like:
    http://tinyurl.com/lgd6bj

maybesew has a spectacular aura about. (+250) maybesew has a spectacular aura about. (+250) maybesew has a spectacular aura about. (+250) maybesew has a spectacular aura about. (+250) maybesew has a spectacular aura about. (+250) maybesew has a spectacular aura about. (+250) maybesew has a spectacular aura about. (+250) maybesew has a spectacular aura about. (+250) maybesew has a spectacular aura about. (+250) maybesew has a spectacular aura about. (+250) maybesew has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I will be looking for the almond meal at the store today. I had made protein bars with whey powder, PB and Oats before, but those obviously wont work for keto
    Aisle by Aisle Keto Shopping Guide ----> http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=117649931

Originally Posted by maybesew View Post
    I will be looking for the almond meal at the store today. I had made protein bars with whey powder, PB and Oats before, but those obviously wont work for keto
    Why not? You can replace the oats with Almond powder. PB and Whey powder is keto.

AWESOME ARTICLE ON A THIS GUY DOING HIS CARB-UP. This can give you a clear idea how important the carb-up and the writers expectation from a carb up and how you can adjust.

Days Out, First Day Of Carbing Up, Final Week
    Tom Venuto, CSCS, CPT

Today the carb up phase begins! I?ll continue carbing up Thursday and Friday, as well as Saturday morning before the prejudging. Today will also be my last weight training workout. More importantly to moi, yesterday was my last cardio workout, which means this will be the first day I have not done cardio in over 15 weeks ? that?s more than 100 days in a row of cardio without a miss. Yes, I?m very happy about having no cardio today? thanks for asking (contrary to some people spreading vicious rumors to the contrary, LOL, I am NO ?cardio bunny?? there are lots of other things I?d rather be doing? I simply do whatever I have to do to reach my goals? cardio, eat protein + ?rabbit food? all day long, whatever, I do it, but it doesn?t mean I have to like it!)

I trained chest and arms today and it was my very last weight training workout until after the show (no weight training on Thursday or Friday before a Saturday show). Most bodybuilders don?t train for two (and sometimes even three) days before the show (and we laugh at the bodybuilders who do, and hope that they will be competing against us LOL!). Actually, I do know bodybuilders who train right up to the day before the show, but the majority do not and here?s why: The whole purpose of the Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday carb up phase is to allow your muscles to fill back up with glycogen. Training would only deplete the muscle glycogen rather than allow the muscles to fill out. Plus, you don?t want to be sore or have any muscle fatigue whatsoever when you?re posing. You want to feel fresh, strong and energetic when you?re up there onstage.

I usually train chest with only biceps, but today I did biceps and triceps for one final complete arm pump. It took less than an hour, then I rushed home and slammed down almost 100 grams of carbs in the form of white potatoes (that?s two giant baking potatoes), along with a 6oz chicken breast. That was the start of the carb up phase.

White potatoes are one of the best carb up foods. I also use yams, sweet potatoes, brown rice, cream of rice hot cereal and oatmeal. Basically, natural (not man made) starches are ideal, although it?s common for many bodybuilders to introduce some simple carbs before going onstage Saturday morning. Some people use commercial carbohydrate drinks for the initial day of carb up, but I prefer real food. I drop my vegetables during the carb up phase because it allows me to remove some of the sodium from the diet and also because veggies are ?diet/fat loss? foods and essentially, the diet phase is over at this point. If you?re still fat on Wednesday before a show, sorry Charlie, you missed the boat (so the veggies serve no purpose at this point).

That reminds me, I also dropped out my egg whites for the duration of the carb up phase and eat nothing but meat - turkey breast, chicken breast and a little bit of red meat like top round steak, etc. Dropping the egg whites reduces helps reduce the sodium a bit. Each egg has about 60 grams of sodium (more for extra large and jumbo eggs). I usually eat 8-12 at a time. Compare that to a chicken breast with about 100 mgs and you can see the ?sodium savings.?

The carb target for this first day of carb loading is 350 grams and I plan to adjust (probably increase) Thursday and Friday based on how I look. The carb intake gets adjusted according to how full I look. If I look flat, I eat more carbs, If I?m totally full, I pull back just slightly or hold steady. The tentative plan is 350 grams today, 400 grams tomorrow and up to 500 grams Friday.

This will be an ?experiment? as I have never taken in this many carbs before, usually staying at 400 on Friday, or even pulling back to 300-350 on Friday to play it safe and be conservative. Although it would be almost impossible to lay down body fat at this point from eating any reasonable quantity of clean food, if you take in too many carbs, you can get a ?spillover effect? and can retain water under your skin and smooth out. However, I predict that my body will ?soak up? every bit of them, especially because I have been training so intensely and for so long.

When you?re successfully carbed up, your muscles literally inflate and look bigger, while also looking harder and leaner at the same time. Another sign of a successful carb up is a high amount of vascularity. As your muscles fill with glycogen, your veins become more prominent and even ?pop out,? especially when you pose. (hold your breath temporarily and hit a pose and the veins can look downright SCARY in a ripped and fully carbed up body - but don?t try that at home ? I was just making a point!)

The other part of this carb up phase is water management. I am not ?dehydrating? today, per se, only creating a differential between yesterday (three gallons) and today (which will be one and a quarter to one and a half gallons). On Thursday I decrease water just slightly (about a gallon) and then Friday I decrease the water sharply. This water intake protocol combined with the carb up and reduced sodium / increased potassium will push water from the extracellular space beneath the skin into the muscle cell, which, along with all the carbs, will add to the fullness and hardness of the muscle.

Although almost all bodybuilders do cut water back dramatically for at least 18-24 hours before the contest, dehydrating yourself is not really the goal. Severe dehydration is not only unhealthy, but will also make you look flatter (your body is 70% water, your muscle is mostly water, and glycogen cannot be stored without enough water). The goal is to get the water out from under your skin and inside the muscle cell. Water inside the muscle cell is good. Water under your skin, blurring your definition is not good.

After three days of ?water loading?, today I cut back to normal water intake. My normal water intake while dieting, and also off season when training for mass, is 1.0 ? 1.5 gallons per day. Taking in the ?normal? amount today will Not send my body a ?you are dehydrated, so retain water? signal. Instead it will keep flushing water out rapidly and by tomorrow morning when I wake up, if all goes according to plan, I will surely look sharper with more muscle definition. I will reduce slightly on Thursday, then on Friday, that is the day when I cut back my water and literally stop drinking by late in the afternoon or early evening (only sips until prejudging Saturday).

The final piece of the water puzzle is to add potassium supplements during the entire carb up phase, while keeping sodium as low as possible. I put absolutely NOTHING on my food that contains any sodium from now through contest day.

I weighed 175.5 lbs today - the first day I?m under my weight clas limit. As of today (Wednesday) at 9pm, I could already see myself getting a little fuller, but was definitely still flat. One day of high carbs isn?t nearly enough to do much. It?s gonna take every bit of that 1250 grams of carbs over the next three days to do the trick, I think? plus a little more Saturday morning!

Tomorrow, I?ll let you know how the carb up is coming along and also I?ll tell you about the natural herbal diuretics I add into the carb up phase to help get rid of even more of the water below the skin that can blur muscle definition?. These are herbal and all natural diuretics I?m talking about, which you can get at any health food store? (no drugs!)

Why not? You can replace the oats with Almond powder. PB and Whey powder is keto.
    Yeah thats exactly what I meant.

AWESOME ARTICLE ON A THIS GUY DOING HIS CARB-UP. This can give you a clear idea how important the carb-up and the writers expectation from a carb up and how you can adjust.

Days Out, First Day Of Carbing Up, Final Week
    Tom Venuto, CSCS, CPT

Today the carb up phase begins! I?ll continue carbing up Thursday and Friday, as well as Saturday morning before the prejudging. Today will also be my last weight training workout. More importantly to moi, yesterday was my last cardio workout, which means this will be the first day I have not done cardio in over 15 weeks ? that?s more than 100 days in a row of cardio without a miss. Yes, I?m very happy about having no cardio today? thanks for asking (contrary to some people spreading vicious rumors to the contrary, LOL, I am NO ?cardio bunny?? there are lots of other things I?d rather be doing? I simply do whatever I have to do to reach my goals? cardio, eat protein + ?rabbit food? all day long, whatever, I do it, but it doesn?t mean I have to like it!)

I trained chest and arms today and it was my very last weight training workout until after the show (no weight training on Thursday or Friday before a Saturday show). Most bodybuilders don?t train for two (and sometimes even three) days before the show (and we laugh at the bodybuilders who do, and hope that they will be competing against us LOL!). Actually, I do know bodybuilders who train right up to the day before the show, but the majority do not and here?s why: The whole purpose of the Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday carb up phase is to allow your muscles to fill back up with glycogen. Training would only deplete the muscle glycogen rather than allow the muscles to fill out. Plus, you don?t want to be sore or have any muscle fatigue whatsoever when you?re posing. You want to feel fresh, strong and energetic when you?re up there onstage.

I usually train chest with only biceps, but today I did biceps and triceps for one final complete arm pump. It took less than an hour, then I rushed home and slammed down almost 100 grams of carbs in the form of white potatoes (that?s two giant baking potatoes), along with a 6oz chicken breast. That was the start of the carb up phase.

White potatoes are one of the best carb up foods. I also use yams, sweet potatoes, brown rice, cream of rice hot cereal and oatmeal. Basically, natural (not man made) starches are ideal, although it?s common for many bodybuilders to introduce some simple carbs before going onstage Saturday morning. Some people use commercial carbohydrate drinks for the initial day of carb up, but I prefer real food. I drop my vegetables during the carb up phase because it allows me to remove some of the sodium from the diet and also because veggies are ?diet/fat loss? foods and essentially, the diet phase is over at this point. If you?re still fat on Wednesday before a show, sorry Charlie, you missed the boat (so the veggies serve no purpose at this point).

That reminds me, I also dropped out my egg whites for the duration of the carb up phase and eat nothing but meat - turkey breast, chicken breast and a little bit of red meat like top round steak, etc. Dropping the egg whites reduces helps reduce the sodium a bit. Each egg has about 60 grams of sodium (more for extra large and jumbo eggs). I usually eat 8-12 at a time. Compare that to a chicken breast with about 100 mgs and you can see the ?sodium savings.?

The carb target for this first day of carb loading is 350 grams and I plan to adjust (probably increase) Thursday and Friday based on how I look. The carb intake gets adjusted according to how full I look. If I look flat, I eat more carbs, If I?m totally full, I pull back just slightly or hold steady. The tentative plan is 350 grams today, 400 grams tomorrow and up to 500 grams Friday.

This will be an ?experiment? as I have never taken in this many carbs before, usually staying at 400 on Friday, or even pulling back to 300-350 on Friday to play it safe and be conservative. Although it would be almost impossible to lay down body fat at this point from eating any reasonable quantity of clean food, if you take in too many carbs, you can get a ?spillover effect? and can retain water under your skin and smooth out. However, I predict that my body will ?soak up? every bit of them, especially because I have been training so intensely and for so long.

When you?re successfully carbed up, your muscles literally inflate and look bigger, while also looking harder and leaner at the same time. Another sign of a successful carb up is a high amount of vascularity. As your muscles fill with glycogen, your veins become more prominent and even ?pop out,? especially when you pose. (hold your breath temporarily and hit a pose and the veins can look downright SCARY in a ripped and fully carbed up body - but don?t try that at home ? I was just making a point!)

The other part of this carb up phase is water management. I am not ?dehydrating? today, per se, only creating a differential between yesterday (three gallons) and today (which will be one and a quarter to one and a half gallons). On Thursday I decrease water just slightly (about a gallon) and then Friday I decrease the water sharply. This water intake protocol combined with the carb up and reduced sodium / increased potassium will push water from the extracellular space beneath the skin into the muscle cell, which, along with all the carbs, will add to the fullness and hardness of the muscle.

Although almost all bodybuilders do cut water back dramatically for at least 18-24 hours before the contest, dehydrating yourself is not really the goal. Severe dehydration is not only unhealthy, but will also make you look flatter (your body is 70% water, your muscle is mostly water, and glycogen cannot be stored without enough water). The goal is to get the water out from under your skin and inside the muscle cell. Water inside the muscle cell is good. Water under your skin, blurring your definition is not good.

After three days of ?water loading?, today I cut back to normal water intake. My normal water intake while dieting, and also off season when training for mass, is 1.0 ? 1.5 gallons per day. Taking in the ?normal? amount today will Not send my body a ?you are dehydrated, so retain water? signal. Instead it will keep flushing water out rapidly and by tomorrow morning when I wake up, if all goes according to plan, I will surely look sharper with more muscle definition. I will reduce slightly on Thursday, then on Friday, that is the day when I cut back my water and literally stop drinking by late in the afternoon or early evening (only sips until prejudging Saturday).

The final piece of the water puzzle is to add potassium supplements during the entire carb up phase, while keeping sodium as low as possible. I put absolutely NOTHING on my food that contains any sodium from now through contest day.

I weighed 175.5 lbs today - the first day I?m under my weight clas limit. As of today (Wednesday) at 9pm, I could already see myself getting a little fuller, but was definitely still flat. One day of high carbs isn?t nearly enough to do much. It?s gonna take every bit of that 1250 grams of carbs over the next three days to do the trick, I think? plus a little more Saturday morning!

Tomorrow, I?ll let you know how the carb up is coming along and also I?ll tell you about the natural herbal diuretics I add into the carb up phase to help get rid of even more of the water below the skin that can blur muscle definition?. These are herbal and all natural diuretics I?m talking about, which you can get at any health food store? (no drugs!)

Good post. I learned a lot about how we store water and where.

Ivan Turgenev

I'm going to get into a cutting phase now. Here is a post from a pro-bodybuilder on the site.

Someone asked him a question about cutting and creatine. I guess he has been asked this question several times. It seems to make sense though:

"O my god how many times do I have to explain this. Ok here we go. When you cut you reduce your glycogen stores. when you reduce your glycogen stores you also lose water (you lose 2.7g of water for ever 1g of glycogen you lose). This causes your cells to be in somewhat of a dehydrated state. When your cells are dehydrated your muscle protein synthesis can be greatly reduced (this is also one of the reasons why it is bad to drink alcohol since it dehydrates you). And If I need to tell you why a fall in protein synthesis is bad for muscle then you need more help than I have time for. Creatine helps restore protein synthesis to normal levels by bringing more water inside the cells and helping to hydrate them. THAT is why it is good to take creatine while cutting and that is how it spares muscle."

took a two day break on Monday and Tuesday and focused on cardio alone. 45 minutes each. Surprisingly it wasn't enough to shed the water weight I gained after my carb-up of 4 pounds. So today was my first day of weightlifting. WOW!!!! I was amazed at how much I could lift for my benching. It was well beyond my workout weight from last week. Too bad my shoulder was hurting or I could have done more weight or just more reps. I was pretty shocked but very happy and pumped.

I'm sure I depleted a good deal of glycogen in my upper body today which should shed some water.

I also decided to go to bed earlier based on a random youtube video I saw about sleep. And to my surprise this guy was right. I was going to bed at midnight still getting 7 to 8 hours sleep but I would wake up drained and tired. So I started to go to sleep about 10 pm to 10:30 with the same amount of sleep but I wake up more refreshed.

Another revelation.

up late today though....this sucks.
    Last edited by queloque; 07-02-2009 at 05:07 AM.

Stepped on the scale this morning and shedded 3 of the 4 pounds of water weight. I suppose the 2.7 g of water lost for every 1 g of glycogen loss is what happened. I depleted a good deal of glycogen from my upper body. A bit sore this morning but it was a good workout surpassing some personal bests on chest.

Also I read that 1 pound of glycogen can store up to 3 to 4 pounds of water or a better way of saying it, 3 to 4 parts water. Glycogen is a serious sponge.
    Last edited by queloque; 07-02-2009 at 05:20 AM.

Now i have a headache today.

Now i have a headache today.
    That sucks.

Ivan Turgenev

5:30 am saturday morning I had my 5 hour prior before depletion carb meal of oatmeal.

9:00 am saturday morning I had my 2 hour prior before depletion carb of strawberries and raspberries mixed as a drink. Man I love this part. It came to 7 ounces of raspberries and 6 ounces of strawberries to about 36 grams of carbs.

Depletion workout in about an hour or so.

Body weight still at 204 but I lost a bunch of inches. So I know the fat is shedding, i'm just countering with muscle so I don't feel bad at all. Going by the book of Lyles i'm preserving muscle. I'm really in the muscle building zone right now.
    Last edited by queloque; 07-04-2009 at 08:43 AM.

Sideways17 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sideways17 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sideways17 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sideways17 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sideways17 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sideways17 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sideways17 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sideways17 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sideways17 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sideways17 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sideways17 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Wow man! Way to go! Looks like your following lyles book to a T!! How many cals do you hit on your carbup days? Im on a carb load today too. Ill hit about 2800 cals.
    ''The greatest wealth, is health.''

''Sacrifice what you are, for what you can become.''

My XBox live gamertag is ''Sideways717''

I have a question for you queloque, It's my understanding the the glycogen is what makes our muscles swell during and after weight training. On a depletion workout, there should be very little to no swelling of the muscles? Correct?

Ivan Turgenev

I have a question for you queloque, It's my understanding the the glycogen is what makes our muscles swell during and after weight training. On a depletion workout, there should be very little to no swelling of the muscles? Correct?
    Unless you are taking some creatine which is used to feed the muscle also during workout.

Unless you are taking some creatine which is used to feed the muscle also during workout.
    No, i'm not taking creatine. I had no swelling yesterday during my depletion workout and i'm not used to that. I had an idea why, just wanted to confirm it.

Thanks

Ivan Turgenev

No, i'm not taking creatine. I had no swelling yesterday during my depletion workout and i'm not used to that. I had an idea why, just wanted to confirm it.

Thanks
    yeah, Your muscle glycogens (The Sponge) are all squeezed out.

Headed to the gym. Will try to comment to my log from my IPhone.

4:30 PM Eastern Time. I'm at 1300 calories in my Carb-up. Currently full right now.
    First 24 hours will be my High Glycemic Carbs. (Fun food)
    I'm currently at 70% Carbs, 22% Fat and 7% Protein.

I reached my goal at about 9:30 pm in the evening with a protein drink with skim milk.

My goal for first 24 hour carb up was mostly
    high Glycemic carbs

exp:
    White bread
    ice cream
    mashed potatoes
    Rice Chips
    Brown Rice
    Jelly and honey sandwich (LOVED IT)
    Turkey with mustard sandwich

Along with yogart, milk, some fruits, protein drink, diet soda, low fat hot dog, low fat turkey slices,

My goal was 600 grams Carbs 70%.(2400 calories) + 128 grams protein 15% (512 calories) + 56 grams fat 15% (512 calories)
    Total = 3400 calories

I finished with Carbs 68% (2,174 calories) + Protein 15% (477 calories) + Fat 16% (505 calories)
    Total = 2996 calories

Note: 3500 calories to gain or lose 1 pound of fat. So unless this converts to fat and my depletion workout calories burned is completely ignored by my body. I expect nothing but water weight

Overall feeling:
    I"m very full. Too full. Was very hard to do today because I didn't start really eating until after 2pm. Next week I have to start much earlier to eat the bulk of the carbs or it gets really hard.

Difficulty:
    Trying to keep the fats low.

Easy part:
    Easy to finish your required protein intake with a protein drink. I had bought the hot dogs and turkey slices to do it.

Dislikes:
    Even though I liked my jelly and honey sandwich I have little desire for sliced bread even before the keto diet. I'm not a bread or bagel type of guy.
    Last edited by queloque; 07-04-2009 at 08:27 PM.