Gazi is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gazi is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gazi is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gazi is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gazi is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gazi is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gazi is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gazi is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gazi is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gazi is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gazi is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Possible allergy to ON Gold 100% Whey? Hives?

Anyone ever experience hives when taking this protein? I've been getting them lately and having trouble getting rid of them. At first I thought it was due to wearing under-armour at the gym since the hives were along my abdomen and back, but I'm thinking now that it might partially related to that and the protein.

When looking at the bottle I noticed the the ON 100% Whey has Histidine listed as one of it's supplemental Aminos. Histidine is a precursor to Histamine which is what causes a lot of allergic sympotoms.

blong has a spectacular aura about. (+250) blong has a spectacular aura about. (+250) blong has a spectacular aura about. (+250) blong has a spectacular aura about. (+250) blong has a spectacular aura about. (+250) blong has a spectacular aura about. (+250) blong has a spectacular aura about. (+250) blong has a spectacular aura about. (+250) blong has a spectacular aura about. (+250) blong has a spectacular aura about. (+250) blong has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Possibly allergies yea.
    I got that with CellTech :/

Amino89 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Amino89 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Amino89 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Amino89 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Amino89 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Amino89 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Amino89 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Amino89 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Amino89 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Amino89 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Amino89 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Are you allergic to dairy, nuts, or lecithin?

Memorial93 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Memorial93 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Memorial93 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Memorial93 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Memorial93 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Memorial93 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Memorial93 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Memorial93 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Memorial93 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Memorial93 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Memorial93 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    more than likely it is the dairy or maybe you have an allergy to sucralose if that is possible

Gazi is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gazi is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gazi is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gazi is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gazi is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gazi is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gazi is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gazi is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gazi is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gazi is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gazi is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I've never had any problems with dairy, nuts or lecitithin. I'll consider it though.

Maybe taking the supplemental Histidine caused my body to be more sensitive to things that may cause an allergic reaction..?

Haven't taken any supplements (ON Whey protein, Ortho-core multi), stopped eating eggs, and cut back on milk for almost 2 weeks now. The red hive like marks were still present on my abdomen and back but were not spreading as they were before.

Hyrdrocortisone cream pretty much cleared the red marks up and I'm back to normal.

I'm going to slowly introduce the protein + multi into my diet again as I'm not convinced it's what caused the reaction. I think the additional Histidine from the protein in my body may have made me more prone to a reaction, and the compression of the Underarmour during a strenous workout irritated my skin and caused the reaction.

I'm bumping this thread to see if anyone else has heard or experienced an allergic reaction from a protein supplement with Histidine, or ON 100% Gold Standard Whey in general.

harrysny has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Gazi View Post
    Haven't taken any supplements (ON Whey protein, Ortho-core multi), stopped eating eggs, and cut back on milk for almost 2 weeks now. The red hive like marks were still present on my abdomen and back but were not spreading as they were before.

Hyrdrocortisone cream pretty much cleared the red marks up and I'm back to normal.

I'm going to slowly introduce the protein + multi into my diet again as I'm not convinced it's what caused the reaction. I think the additional Histidine from the protein in my body may have made me more prone to a reaction, and the compression of the Underarmour during a strenous workout irritated my skin and caused the reaction.

I'm bumping this thread to see if anyone else has heard or experienced an allergic reaction from a protein supplement with Histidine, or ON 100% Gold Standard Whey in general.
    I'm covered with hives today (and last night) and have been racking my brain trying to figure out what I did differently yesterday. Thanks for this post because yesterday I had my first scoop of ON Gold Standard Whey after working out. A few hours later I had itching and then last night I was full of hives all over including swelling around my eyes. I took a benedryl this morning and the itching has been reduced. I have taken other protein powders in the past with no adverse effects and wanted to switch to Gold Standard Whey because it doesn't have any artificial sweeteners.

d_st_rb_d has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) d_st_rb_d has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Everybody's slightly lactose-intolerant. Some more than others.
    A wolf without a pack. Wolf among dogs. A sprinter in a marathon where everybody jogs.

deeep13 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by harrysny View Post
    I'm covered with hives today (and last night) and have been racking my brain trying to figure out what I did differently yesterday. Thanks for this post because yesterday I had my first scoop of ON Gold Standard Whey after working out. A few hours later I had itching and then last night I was full of hives all over including swelling around my eyes. I took a benedryl this morning and the itching has been reduced. I have taken other protein powders in the past with no adverse effects and wanted to switch to Gold Standard Whey because it doesn't have any artificial sweeteners.

Hey Buddy

i got the same problem. Have you taken any other protein supplement after having this problem? Are you using other proteins normally without any allergy after this issue. Please reply me because i also got this problem and now i want to start protein again from different brand.

bigtyler18 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Unhappy 100% allergic to ON Gold 100% whey

5 years ago I used this product all the time with no problems - different packaging. Now I break out in hives on my lips, my back and so bad on my wrist my skin was falling off!

violet2047 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Post Same reaction..

I have been back on ON Gold 100% Whey for 6 weeks.. after the first week April 21, 2014 I started noticing small areas of hives on my arms and legs.. Now they are all over my body, I am constantly taking anti histamines to reduce the itchiness..

I had taken ON Whey a few years back and had no reaction..

My diet consisted of almonds and I removed them which helped a bit, but its now worse.

Current diet:
    ON Whey, chicken breast, beef steaks, broccoli, carrots, oats, soy milk, brown rice, and sunflower seeds..

Not sure what else could be causing it

ahmedraouf707 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Exclamation I think i have the same problem

Recently i started to use ON 100% Whey Gold Standard, after a while i noticed some ashes and red areas started to appear on my arm and leg but it appears on the left side of my body, i don't know why?!! i visited a doctor and she told me to make sure that the ingredients are ok and natural, i started to take anti histamine and the red areas and ashes started to disappear, but the next day of having a scope i feel that my heart beats goes faster, i don't know how to fix this?!!
    anyone has any experience to share?!!
    Thanks

Caaarlos is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Just bought gold standard today

I have been eating clean .. oats , eggs , chicken , beef , vegetables .. almonds , avocados for the past couple weeks . Today I bought a big bag of the gold standard protein ..

I worked out . Took it right after.. took a shower and went lay down to try and go to sleep .. it's been like 1.5 hours tossing turning and itchy as hell. I finally got fed up and turned on the light and looked at my self in the mirror I am covered in hives all over my stomach, back , my sides and even under my arm pits .. I've taken protein before and never has this problem .. I'm gonna try it one more time if it does the same thing .I'm gonna have to take it back .. any suggestions ? Or maybe anybody know what it might be ?

jointops1988 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Hi Guys,
    It's kinda archeology but I was searching around the web and gathering info about gold standard whey and possible allergic reactions, then I've finally found this topic .
    When It comes to my case I was using whey gold standard for a while and after the period of 1 month, I've experienced a strong skin allergic reaction- my lips , fingers, and knee bands were covered in itchy hives. It was kinda tricky to identify the problem because I thought that if I had an allergic reaction it should reveal imedietly after the first use , but in this case, it started after the one month of supplementation! I'm still looking for some alternative to the gold standard and I trying to identify what ingredient causes the allergy , I will let you know if I will find something worthy of attention.

DougyF7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DougyF7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DougyF7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DougyF7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DougyF7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DougyF7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DougyF7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DougyF7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DougyF7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DougyF7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DougyF7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Maybe acesulfame potassium? All of the ON gold standand flavors are not sweetened the same way I noticed. Would be interested to know what specific flavor was being used with these reactions.

Brankov88 is just really nice. (+1000) Brankov88 is just really nice. (+1000) Brankov88 is just really nice. (+1000) Brankov88 is just really nice. (+1000) Brankov88 is just really nice. (+1000) Brankov88 is just really nice. (+1000) Brankov88 is just really nice. (+1000) Brankov88 is just really nice. (+1000) Brankov88 is just really nice. (+1000) Brankov88 is just really nice. (+1000) Brankov88 is just really nice. (+1000)
    I had trouble with ON Gold 100% Whey many years ago, especially with skim milk combo. My stomach would bloat 30 min after along with horrible farts!!

Originally Posted by DougyF7 View Post
    Maybe acesulfame potassium? All of the ON gold standard flavors are not sweetened the same way I noticed. Would be interested to know what specific flavor was being used with these reactions.
    Yes, that's correct it has ingredients like : sucralose, acesulfame potassium, soy lecithin , xanthan gum. That's kinda awkward because when it comes to packaging lower capacity like 2270g it has other ingredients than mine which is 4545g and we are speaking about the same taste variant ! In this case 'delicious strawberry'...

BarnitoR10 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Guys
    Is anyone getting marks like these? I have them in my arms and on my thighs and side of my torso.

They become more noticeable when working out but they don’t itch.

Wait, how can I share images?

R10Barney has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by BarnitoR10 View Post
    Guys
    Is anyone getting marks like these? I have them in my arms and on my thighs and side of my torso.

https: //i.ibb.co/R47TdFB/E4-DA1-F73-E4-A9-4-D77-AF78-3576-A0-C80-A4-D .jpg

https: //i.ibb.co/GtGrCjd/96-DF03-B7-E242-4-C9-F-BFAF-4-D87-DA2086-EA .jpg

These are the images guys
    Please just remove the spaces since I’m not allowed to post images yet because of my post count

Originally Posted by BarnitoR10 View Post
    Guys

Yes, I Have the same marks on my hands and arms, I've checked out another supplement which was Whey Isolate with no artificial sweeteners, dyes, and different producer,( just pure isolate), I've also checked the amino acidic profile and I've noticed that I might suffer because of HISTAMINE INTOLERANCE because both products optimum nutrition and whey isolate has a strong amount of histidine, which may occur strong allergic reaction. Right now I'm at the stage of testing my intestinal flora and I'm searching for correct probiotics to give my intestines more chances to neutralize the histamine. I suspect that for some reason my bacterial flora was changed during the usage of whey or maybe my body didn't produce enough amount of DAO enzyme to neutralize the histamine which is in my case defined genetically?. hope this post will help somebody else, I'm still looking for a solution and I will let you know guys if somethings up.