rageahol has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) rageahol has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) rageahol has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) rageahol has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) rageahol has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Pig bits. Better than it sounds... NOMNOMNOM!

How's this for a first attempt at keto cooking?
    ================================

Pig Bits:
    Ingredients:
    1/2 lb of bacon
    1 large beet (with greens)
    400ml of pineapple chunks packed in juice
    1 cup swiss chard.

-remove the greens from the beet, and wash them with the swiss chard, then stem the beet greens and swiss chard together until the rest of the recipe is done.
    -wash the beet (root), and cut off any gross spots
    -dice up the beet, put in a pot with the entire contents of the pineapple can(juice and bits), bring to a boil then leave it simmering on very low heat with a lid on while you fry up the bacon.
    -fry up the bacon until it's almost crispy, then when the beets are soft, add the beet and pineapple to the bacon, and simmer it all together with a lid over it, it will thicken a little, but not much. This ends up looking like a bloody mess.
    -when the greens are done steaming, lay them out on a plate, and serve the "bloody mess" from the simmering frying pan over them.

This recipe was inspired by the keto forums and watching the TV show Dexter. But anywho, what do you keto buffs think of it?
    Last edited by rageahol; 03-01-2009 at 04:26 PM. Reason: image tag!!!
    We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act but a habit. -- Aristotle
    I guess I'm a situp then? --Me

sniper_01 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sniper_01 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sniper_01 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sniper_01 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sniper_01 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sniper_01 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sniper_01 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sniper_01 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sniper_01 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sniper_01 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sniper_01 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    lose the pineapple, too much sugar unless your making each serving fit your macros

rageahol has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) rageahol has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) rageahol has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) rageahol has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) rageahol has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Oh, really? that might be where I have been bombing on my previous diet... I thought that fructose from fruit was ok as long as the carbs fit your macros.
    We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act but a habit. -- Aristotle

GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Exclamation

Originally Posted by rageahol View Post
    Oh, really? that might be where I have been bombing on my previous diet... I thought that fructose from fruit was ok as long as the carbs fit your macros.
    Fructose is probably the worst sugar if you're doing a ketogenic diet.

Originally Posted by GREENFEATHER View Post
    Fructose is probably the worst sugar if you're doing a ketogenic diet.
    Why? I don't understand... I've been having an apple as a midmorning snack... is that going to push me out of ketosis?

GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Why? I don't understand... I've been having an apple as a midmorning snack... is that going to push me out of ketosis?
    Apples are NOT a keto food, lose the apple and I bet your diet will do much better.

Originally Posted by GREENFEATHER View Post
    Apples are NOT a keto food, lose the apple and I bet your diet will do much better.
    I'm confused. I thought that as long as i kept the macros it didn't matter...
    What should i do for non-precooked midmorning and afternoon snacks then? My main (breakfast, lunch, dinner) meals are my main caloric intakes, and i have enough trouble cooking my lunches the night before without having to worry about snacks too... are carrots and celery out too?

hercules71185 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) hercules71185 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) hercules71185 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) hercules71185 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) hercules71185 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) hercules71185 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) hercules71185 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) hercules71185 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) hercules71185 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) hercules71185 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) hercules71185 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Dude if fruit,ramen noodles, coke, and tortillas were carb friendly I'd be set.

sniper_01 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sniper_01 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sniper_01 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sniper_01 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sniper_01 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sniper_01 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sniper_01 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sniper_01 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sniper_01 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sniper_01 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sniper_01 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I'm confused. I thought that as long as i kept the macros it didn't matter...
    What should i do for non-precooked midmorning and afternoon snacks then? My main (breakfast, lunch, dinner) meals are my main caloric intakes, and i have enough trouble cooking my lunches the night before without having to worry about snacks too... are carrots and celery out too?
    show us your average daily food intake and their macros. you have around 30g of carbs per day to play with. if you eat zero carbs all day then eat one meal such as the above with about 20-40g of carbs then you should be ok. otherwise do some more research and ditch the un-needed carbs from your diet, it shouldnt be all that difficult...

EDIT: eat celery until the cows come home, carrots have a lot of sugar so eat them within your macros

EDIT NO.2: i eat 1/4 avocado with approx 25 almonds, a squeeze of lemon and green tea for a mid-morning snack. * hope this helps, good luck!
    Last edited by sniper_01; 03-10-2009 at 04:32 AM.

AIM9x is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AIM9x is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AIM9x is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AIM9x is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AIM9x is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AIM9x is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AIM9x is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AIM9x is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AIM9x is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AIM9x is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AIM9x is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    FIBER from fruit aren't counted towards the daily total. Do you honestly think people on keto would complain as much as they do if they could just drink OJ and eat pineapple or potatoes anytime they want just because it's from a fruit/veggie?

as for carrots and celery... carrots have sugar but can be eaten in moderation. Celery is pretty much free-reign.
    bodybuilding.com chat room moderator
    All of the banning, none of the discounts or free stuff
    іяс сязш -- http://chat.bodybuilding.com/

sl4vik is just really nice. (+1000) sl4vik is just really nice. (+1000) sl4vik is just really nice. (+1000) sl4vik is just really nice. (+1000) sl4vik is just really nice. (+1000) sl4vik is just really nice. (+1000) sl4vik is just really nice. (+1000) sl4vik is just really nice. (+1000) sl4vik is just really nice. (+1000) sl4vik is just really nice. (+1000) sl4vik is just really nice. (+1000)
    You can eat fruits, just choose a better fruit like grapefruit.