Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast
    queloque will become famous soon enough. (+50) queloque will become famous soon enough. (+50) queloque will become famous soon enough. (+50) queloque will become famous soon enough. (+50) queloque will become famous soon enough. (+50) queloque will become famous soon enough. (+50) queloque will become famous soon enough. (+50) queloque will become famous soon enough. (+50) queloque will become famous soon enough. (+50) queloque will become famous soon enough. (+50) queloque will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Sideways17 View Post
    A little bit of both, Im just going through the motions it seems at the gym and I need to make a new keto breakdown. My daily meals end up around 2000. I need to bring it down a little. Im racing a motocross race July 12th so I wanna be a few lbs lighter. I thought about only doing an hour of cardio a day for a week, no weights. But I don't want to lose any muscle. I don't know, Im just in a slump I guess.
    Yeah, whats interesting is that a guy at my job is doing Atkins version of keto which cuts out carb-up and just sticks to the low carbs 7 days a week and its not indeal for bodybuilders or those who want muscle growth. We argued about this in January. The difference between him and I are night and day. He is so much smaller in terms of muscle mass now. He lost a lot a weight but muscle size is decreasing.

He did not want to believe me that Muscle Glycogen replentishement with carb-up is essential for muscle growth. He is very stubborn too. I call him skinny now because he wants to be a bodybuilder so bad but he didn't want to listen to me. He believed the Atkins way was what he needed to do.

Carb-up is so important for muscle growth.

Sideways17 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sideways17 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sideways17 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sideways17 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sideways17 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sideways17 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sideways17 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sideways17 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sideways17 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sideways17 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sideways17 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    195.5lbs this morning. Im 1.5 lbs away from 40lbs lost since February.

I haven't stepped on the scale in a while so it was good to see a number I haven't seen yet, and its only tuesday. Hopefully by friday ill be a pound or so lower. Im gonna concentrate on a cleaner carb load this Saturday. I typically eat raisin bran, oatmeal, raisins and fruit, and some sort of pasta on carb days. I also like to indulge in some ice cream of some sort, lol. Im gonna get some more potatoes in and whole wheat pasta.

Note: Even though Im down quite a few pounds, Im still chubby on my chest and stomach. Its very discouraging! I would be so happy if my chest and stomach were more tone. I thought by the time I was 195 Id be a little more tone, but I guess I just need to keep chipping away. I think I need more ab work and possibly a different chest routine.

I guess its true when people say its not about what the scale says. I must say I haven't lost any strength throughout my 4 months on keto but it has stayed the same.
    ''The greatest wealth, is health.''

''Sacrifice what you are, for what you can become.''

My XBox live gamertag is ''Sideways717''

Sideways17 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sideways17 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sideways17 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sideways17 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sideways17 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sideways17 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sideways17 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sideways17 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sideways17 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sideways17 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sideways17 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Alright! 194.5lbs this morning! I guess lowering the calories a little really helped me! That's the lowest I've seen in 7 years. The lowest I saw my senior year in high school was 193...that's the next milestone.

I feel a lot better this week. Last week I had a rough week and had to fight through my unmotivated streak. I made it and lost more this week. I feel recharged.

Pass The Refridgerator kudostojen's Avatar
    kudostojen is just really nice. (+1000) kudostojen is just really nice. (+1000) kudostojen is just really nice. (+1000) kudostojen is just really nice. (+1000) kudostojen is just really nice. (+1000) kudostojen is just really nice. (+1000) kudostojen is just really nice. (+1000) kudostojen is just really nice. (+1000) kudostojen is just really nice. (+1000) kudostojen is just really nice. (+1000) kudostojen is just really nice. (+1000)
    195.5lbs this morning. Im 1.5 lbs away from 40lbs lost since February.
    40lbs since February....WOW! Congrats.

"If we wait for the moment when everything, absolutely everything is ready, we shall never begin."
    Ivan Turgenev

If You Can't Stand Behind Our Troops, Feel Free To Stand in Front of Them ..

Originally Posted by kudostojen View Post
    40lbs since February....WOW! Congrats.
    Yes maam! Thank you.

At the beginning of February I was 234lbs in the a.m. naked.

This whole thing started over a bet with a friend I race with. I was a little intoxicated on new years eve and bet him Id be 205 by our first race (April 18th). I won that bet...204lbs the morning of the race!!

After January my workouts were awesome so I looked at this site to see if I was missing something. I was missing a huge part of the weight loss picture, Diet...clean, consistant diet. I was ''watching what ate'' but not tracking macros. Feb22 I was 228lbs, and this was the day I started tracking my diet closely. I lost 5 lbs on a 50%pro, 30% carb, 20%fat diet in a week. Then I found KETO!! March 2nd was the beginning of my keto journey and I weighed 223lbs that Monday morning. Its been a huge eye opener and learning experience over these 4 months.

To anyone new reading this, this diet has changed me completely. I am pursueing things I gave up on for fear of being laughed at. I am competing on the 12th at a local motocross track for the first time. Its something I've wanted to do since I was a little guy. Im excited and look forward to it every day! So get out there and surprise yourself!

I saw a new quote I really liked...

''Sacrifice what you are for what you can become.''

queloque will become famous soon enough. (+50) queloque will become famous soon enough. (+50) queloque will become famous soon enough. (+50) queloque will become famous soon enough. (+50) queloque will become famous soon enough. (+50) queloque will become famous soon enough. (+50) queloque will become famous soon enough. (+50) queloque will become famous soon enough. (+50) queloque will become famous soon enough. (+50) queloque will become famous soon enough. (+50) queloque will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Alright! 194.5lbs this morning! I guess lowering the calories a little really helped me! That's the lowest I've seen in 7 years. The lowest I saw my senior year in high school was 193...that's the next milestone.

I feel a lot better this week. Last week I had a rough week and had to fight through my unmotivated streak. I made it and lost more this week. I feel recharged.
    In one word, "impressive".

Originally Posted by queloque View Post
    In one word, "impressive".
    queloque, thanks man. That's really good to read. I appreciate you and your log. You've been very helpful to me!

swimmer32 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) swimmer32 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) swimmer32 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) swimmer32 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) swimmer32 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) swimmer32 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) swimmer32 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) swimmer32 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) swimmer32 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) swimmer32 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) swimmer32 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    AWESOME job OP!! Your weight is falling faster than the stock market!
    STAND TALL AND SHAKE THE HEAVENS!!

"Do you not know that your bodies are temples of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own." - 1 Corinthians 6:19

▪█─-─█▪ Equipment Crew #71 ▪█─-─█▪
    []---[] York Barbell Club #32 []---[]
    []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #66 []---[]
    ||---|| Rogue Barbell Club #6 ||---||

Originally Posted by swimmer32 View Post
    AWESOME job OP!! Your weight is falling faster than the stock market!
    Lol! That's funny.

I forgot to mention I changed my workouts this week back to a 4 day split. I like the split much better than the multiple bodypart workouts. It fits my style much better. As always I follow my weights with at least a 20 min LISS cardio session.

So after waiting anxiously all week for Sunday's race I got the shaft from my job. No I didnt get fired, I got mandated to work the day of my race. Im pissed. I rode out there a lot and was starting to get the hang of the flow of the track but...Ill be working Sunday instead of racing.

Diet and training are still going well. Weighing in tomorrow morning.

Hello everyone,
    Man im at a holding point in my keto journey! Ever since I got back from Mexico at the beginning of may I've dropped 12lbs and stopped at 195lbs. I've broke 195 once when I hit 194.5. My diets good but I suppose I need to up my cardio or something. I usually do 30 mins after workouts 4 days a week.

I have carbed up every week since the beginning of May as well. It just seems like after my carb ups I weigh in 199, then do keto all week and weigh 195 friday...every week since!! Im asking for some help.

I've recently dropped my cals from 2000 to 1800 to see what happens. no dice...

Help me. I still have quite a bit of fat to lose. Thanks!

swimmer32 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) swimmer32 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) swimmer32 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) swimmer32 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) swimmer32 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) swimmer32 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) swimmer32 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) swimmer32 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) swimmer32 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) swimmer32 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) swimmer32 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Hello everyone,
    Man im at a holding point in my keto journey! Ever since I got back from Mexico at the beginning of may I've dropped 12lbs and stopped at 195lbs. I've broke 195 once when I hit 194.5. My diets good but I suppose I need to up my cardio or something. I usually do 30 mins after workouts 4 days a week.

I have carbed up every week since the beginning of May as well. It just seems like after my carb ups I weigh in 199, then do keto all week and weigh 195 friday...every week since!! Im asking for some help.

I've recently dropped my cals from 2000 to 1800 to see what happens. no dice...

Help me. I still have quite a bit of fat to lose. Thanks!
    Dropping the cals should have helped, but maybe you still need to drop lower or increase your cardio. Either of those should help. It's all about calories in vs calories out.

"Do you not know that your bodies are temples of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own." - 1 Corinthians 6:19

Ugh...another stagnant week. 195.5lbs again this morning...Today is my birthday and I wanted to be 185lbs today. Damn, I need to change something...

peteyyytran is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) peteyyytran is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) peteyyytran is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) peteyyytran is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) peteyyytran is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) peteyyytran is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) peteyyytran is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) peteyyytran is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) peteyyytran is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) peteyyytran is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) peteyyytran is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    But do you look and feel thinner. I have read numerous of times that people haven't lost weight but defintely looked different in the mirror. Maybe you are packing on some muscle and losing fat and your genetics are AMAZING. That would be cool; but yeah. Is your calorie intake still low? You can eat all you want and keep your macro within the ratio but if you are eating more calories then you should be eating then you will either stay the same weight or gain 1-2 pounds depending on your metabolism.

Originally Posted by peteyyytran View Post
    But do you look and feel thinner. I have read numerous of times that people haven't lost weight but defintely looked different in the mirror. Maybe you are packing on some muscle and losing fat and your genetics are AMAZING. That would be cool; but yeah. Is your calorie intake still low? You can eat all you want and keep your macro within the ratio but if you are eating more calories then you should be eating then you will either stay the same weight or gain 1-2 pounds depending on your metabolism.
    No I don't look thinner. Last week my calories fluctuated between 1800 and 2000. The only 2 things different I've done different since I've begun keto is Im drinking diet soda and haven't done as much LISS. I have been riding motocross more and I've been counting that as my cardio. Maybe I just need to do more LISS...

Ugh...another stagnant week. 195.5lbs again this morning...Today is my birthday and I wanted to be 185lbs today. Damn, I need to change something...
    Same boat. I've been at 204 for 3 weeks now.

Originally Posted by queloque View Post
    Same boat. I've been at 204 for 3 weeks now.
    It sucks! I think my culprit is the cardio...I haven't done a hour of LISS for awhile. I either do 20 or 30 mins after my workouts. And with the diet pop. I know its not the greatest but I have a slight addiction I think. I sometimes have 3 to 4 20oz bottles a day...I admitted it.

I was consistantly losing 2 to 3 lbs a week for the 1st 3 months.

jrzcut has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    It sucks! I think my culprit is the cardio...I haven't done a hour of LISS for awhile. I either do 20 or 30 mins after my workouts. And with the diet pop. I know its not the greatest but I have a slight addiction I think. I sometimes have 3 to 4 20oz bottles a day...I admitted it.

I was consistantly losing 2 to 3 lbs a week for the 1st 3 months.

I'm only at the end of my 3rd week of KETO but on a 16 week cut. This last week of KETO i've gained weight. However my body fat % has dropped consistently. I guess its not all about the weight. You might be dropping body fat but gaining heavier muscle mass.
    I can, I will, I must!....So I will sacrifice who I am for who I will become.

Alright folks, I've picked up the cardio this week! Monday my wife and I walked around the Milwaukee Zoo for 2.5 hrs, Tuesday I walked the treadmill @ 3.3mph at 7.5% incline after my chest/tricep workout. Wednesday I walked 40 mins around the upper level at work, carrying 32lbs worth of ammo and equipment. Today I've already walked 45 mins on the same elevation here at work, same equipment. Tonight I have shoulders and abs, maybe follow it up with another short session of cardio for fun! Hopefully this jumpstarts a significant loss...diet is spot on.

Alright folks, I've picked up the cardio this week! Monday my wife and I walked around the Milwaukee Zoo for 2.5 hrs, Tuesday I walked the treadmill @ 3.3mph at 7.5% incline after my chest/tricep workout. Wednesday I walked 40 mins around the upper level at work, carrying 32lbs worth of ammo and equipment. Today I've already walked 45 mins on the same elevation here at work, same equipment. Tonight I have shoulders and abs, maybe follow it up with another short session of cardio for fun! Hopefully this jumpstarts a significant loss...diet is spot on.

I bumped up my cardio too. I also added more rest time. I took a break from the gym today.

joewiggs32 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Great Inspiration Guys!

Man I just want to tell you, I have reading these threads for the last hour and you guys are very inspirational. I am just starting Keto (3 days) and I have posting like crazy on here but have not gotten a lot of feedback. There have been a few guys but not like guys are going. Reading the post keeps me active and motivated. I am nowhere near you guys but I think I got what it takes. lol! If you guys could , I would appreciate if you could take a look at my newbie post(lol!) and make give a little feedback. I feel like I am on the right track but I have to be sure. I know this a lot but I dont know how to condense stuff yet. lol! Once again great job guys, keep it up.
    LABRADA Efa Lean Gold 2.00 60cal, 7f x
    ^ Servings consumed: Serving size: 3 Softgels

Filippo Berio Extra Virgin Olive Oil 2.00 240cal, 28f x
    ^ Total consumed: Serving size: 1 Tbsp

Eggland's Best Large Egg 2.00 140cal 8gf 350mg cholestrol, 140mg sodium, 1gcarb, 0g 13gp x
    ^ Servings consumed: Serving size: 1 Egg (50g)

USDA Choice Beef Top Round Steak 2.00 480cal, 18f ,120mg sodium, 120mg, 46p x
    ^ Servings consumed: Serving size: 4oz

Hormel Pepperoni Slices 2.00 280cal, 26f, 70mg, 980mg sodium, 5p x
    ^ Servings consumed: Serving size: 14 slices (28g)

Aurora Products, Inc. Raw Almonds 1.00 170cal, 15f,5carbs, 1s, 4fiber, 7p x
    ^ Servings consumed: Serving size: 20 pieces

Crowley Heavy Cream 3.00 150cal, 15f, 60mg cholestrol, 3carbs, x
    ^ Servings consumed: Serving size: 1 Tbsp

Low Carb Isopure 0.50 110cal, 1f, 3mg 160mg sodium, 2carbs, 1sugar, 25p x
    ^ Servings consumed: Serving size: 2 scoops

Ground Beef Bround Beef 90/10 1.00 270cal, 16f, 90mg cholestrol, 90mg sodium,30p x
    ^ Servings consumed: Serving size: 1 pattie(5.36oz)

Birdseye Steamfresh Broccoli 1.00 30cal 20mg sodium, 4carbs, 2s, 2fiber, 2p x
    ^ Servings consumed: Serving size: 1 cup

Mckenzine's Chopped Collard Greens 1.00 30cal, 0g 0mg, 30mg sodium, 3carbs, 2p x
    ^ Servings consumed: Serving size: 1 cup

Oscar Bacon 3.00 210cal, 18f,0mg, 870mg sodium, 0g 0g 0g 12px
    ^ Servings consumed: Serving size: 2 serving slices(14)

Kraft Cheese Single 1.00 60cal, 5f, 20mg cholestrol, 250mg sodium, 1s,1 carb,3p x
    ^ Servings consumed: Serving size: 19g

Naturally More Peanut Butter 1.00 169cal, 11f, 130mg sodium, 8carbs, 2s,4fib,10p
    ^ Servings consumed: Serving size: 2 Tbsp (35g/1.23oz)

GNC Triple Strength Fish Oil Supplement 3.00 45cal, 5f
    ^ Servings consumed: Serving size: 1 softgel capsule

GNC Mega Men Energy 1.00
    ^ Servings consumed: Serving size: 1 pack

total=2,444 cal, 171f, 710 cholestrol, 2,790 sodium,26 carbs, 7sugars,11fiber ,160protein 67..56%f, 27.97%p,4.47%carbs
    no workout today but 1 walked for 50 minutes buring about 257 calories
    Last edited by joewiggs32; 07-24-2009 at 12:47 PM.

Keto Stix

I just took a sample and I believe I saw a little, very little trace. It has been three days. I am not sure how to feel about this. I lost I am down to 224lbs. For some reason that seems like a lot from 228-230lbs 3 days. My body fat has dropped,even though i know that scale aint correct. All i know is the number is lower then 3 days ago. So, is this normal? My energy levels feel ok. I do get light headed if i bend over for too long.

Originally Posted by joewiggs32 View Post
    I just took a sample and I believe I saw a little, very little trace. It has been three days. I am not sure how to feel about this. I lost I am down to 224lbs. For some reason that seems like a lot from 228-230lbs 3 days. My body fat has dropped,even though i know that scale aint correct. All i know is the number is lower then 3 days ago. So, is this normal? My energy levels feel ok. I do get light headed if i bend over for too long.
    Hey man! Congrats and welcome to keto!

You're on the right track! Perfectly normal. Its mostly water weight you're dropping at first. Just keep going with the diet and don't carbup for 2 weeks. Ill check your log later and let you know more if I can help.

Thanks!

Hey man! Congrats and welcome to keto!

You're on the right track! Perfectly normal. Its mostly water weight you're dropping at first. Just keep going with the diet and don't carbup for 2 weeks. Ill check your log later and let you know more if I can help.
    Thanks but too late. I really just went crazt for 3 days and ate everything I wanted. The funny thing is I was not even craving carbs or anything. I think it was more like frustration. I guess when you come on these sites, you read the posts and expect or hope people help you out. When I did not get any response , I jst bugged. I was looking at myslef in the mirror and saying,"i am losing the littel muscle I have" I dont know if that is true but anyways..... I am going to trry this again for 2weeks. Thanks though for gettnig back.

Welp, Im going off the diet for 2 weeks. I've been stalled for over a month and need to reset my body. Fingers crossed I can come back in 2 weeks and lose this last 10 to 15lbs! Im gonna continue working out and doing cardio but ill be eating maintenance calories with carbs. I hope I don't lay down any fat!!!!

morikk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) morikk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) morikk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hey Sideways, wish I had some advice for you to get over your slump. Hope the 2 weeks off will get you past it.

Your progress is great though. Big congrats. I just started Dave Palumbo's Keto like diet. So far so good, too early to tell whats water or not, but I have dropped 9 pounds in 7 days now. Going another 4.5 weeks cut before I come back to the states.

Good luck to ya getting down to your goal.

Im back!! God, and I feel soooooo much better eating keto! Im gonna get some pics up soon hopefully to track my progress finally!!

Keep us posted on the progress! It could be that shocking your body with a "normal" diet is what it needed to continue to make progress. It's amazing how much you can miss the keto diet after you add carbs back in. It took me a couple weeks to get use to eating carbs again when I started my bulk.

Hey everyone, Its been since february but I finally got a couple pics up! Not very good I know but hopefully in a couple weeks Ill be looking better. Im still bloated from the week off keto but I'm considering this a "start over". Lets see how it goes...

Hey everyone, Its been since february but I finally got a couple pics up! Not very good I know but hopefully in a couple weeks Ill be looking better. Im still bloated from the week off keto but I'm considering this a "start over". Lets see how it goes...
    So what is your new plan and how many calories are you going to take this go around?