MickyWard is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MickyWard is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MickyWard is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MickyWard is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MickyWard is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MickyWard is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MickyWard is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MickyWard is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MickyWard is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MickyWard is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MickyWard is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Question Dibencozide Vs Methylcobalamin (Vitamin B12)

what is the difference between these two forms of B12, and which is superior? I am fairly familiar with the benefits of Methylcobalamin, but Dibencozide is definitely hard to find detailed information on....

Thanks for the help

‏‏‏‏‏‏‏‏‏‏‏‏‏‏‏‏‏‏‏‏ ‏‏‏‏ factotum's Avatar
    factotum has the mod powerz factotum has the mod powerz factotum has the mod powerz factotum has the mod powerz factotum has the mod powerz factotum has the mod powerz factotum has the mod powerz factotum has the mod powerz factotum has the mod powerz factotum has the mod powerz factotum has the mod powerz
    The more common name is adenosylcobalamin. Presumably you could find which processes are driven or dependent on 5-deoxy-5-adenosyl to see what benefits it may convey, but I may be mistaken in this assertion. I know there were some Italian studies conducted in children that apparently claimed that this co-enzyme form was compared to an anabolic steroid and elicited a greater growth response.
    Yes, there is indeed a deeper component to it all.

MickyWard is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MickyWard is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MickyWard is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MickyWard is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MickyWard is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MickyWard is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MickyWard is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MickyWard is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MickyWard is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MickyWard is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MickyWard is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by wanderlei View Post
    The more common name is adenosylcobalamin. Presumably you could find which processes are driven or dependent on 5-deoxy-5-adenosyl to see what benefits it may convey, but I may be mistaken in this assertion. I know there were some Italian studies conducted in children that apparently claimed that this co-enzyme form was compared to an anabolic steroid and elicited a greater growth response.
    cool thanks for the info, i will look up info on adenosylcobalamin. i am looking to suggest a vitamin for some one and its the form of B12 it uses so I am want to make sure its a good source..

‏‏‏‏‏‏‏‏‏‏‏‏‏‏‏‏‏‏‏‏ ‏‏‏‏ factotum's Avatar
    factotum has the mod powerz factotum has the mod powerz factotum has the mod powerz factotum has the mod powerz factotum has the mod powerz factotum has the mod powerz factotum has the mod powerz factotum has the mod powerz factotum has the mod powerz factotum has the mod powerz factotum has the mod powerz
    I think methylcobalamin is a better form primarily because it acts as a methyl donor. But either can form cyanocobalamin and thereby supposed help remove cyanide from the system.
    Yes, there is indeed a deeper component to it all.

variance193 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Exclamation Advantages to Both

Strictly for bodybuilding, I would go with Dibencocide (sublingual). However, it's advertised as the coenzymated form of B12. While technically true, the body makes multiple cofactors from B12 and the methyl form, and the methyl group is extremely important (with B9, it converts homocysteine into methionine which is beneficial because that goes on to naturally form SAM-E) the many cofactors use the Cobalt to more important things like neuroprotectivety, and break down of some fatty acids, energy and oxidative endurance. It tends to pass through the blood brain barrier fairly quickly and exert it's effects there, muscles don't tend to be as much of a priority and this is where Dibencozide comes in and works it's magic (sort of like creatine, you get some naturally, but you get the max through Supplimentation). Dibencocide supposedly more specific to helping the body process protein & certain fatty acids - there is also a claim of strength gain, is supposed to target and reduce stress/anxiety better (reducing cortisol levels), and help regulate hormones (methyl-c does all of this if deficient, the only difference being the claim of strength gains and helping even when not deficient). In theory this could be possible but by not using methyl-c you lose most of the energy benefits.
    MOST IMPORTANTLY, Dibencocide breaks down extremely quickly in oxygen, the structure is very unstable, it's possible light might even effect it (whereas Methyl-C is extremely stable both in and out of the body), this is worth noting because the study used something like 3 & 5mg (50k+ the normal dose) so when buying a Suppliment you have to factor that in and opt for an even HIGHER amount (10mg) which is more likely to net you the proper amount of useable coenzyme (just to be safe you might want to refrigerate it as well despite the fact it doesn't come that way).
    CONCLUSION: Get BOTH forms if you don't mind spending a little extra (it's fairly cheap but go with the methyl-c otherwise - even if you only eat meat, somewhere around 60% of the population is lacking in the enzyme to convert "natural" B12, get sublingual only, if using methyl-c the formula must contain folate (aka folic acid B9) and should have B6 as well or add some yourself (at least 50% of the DRV), no real evidence on extra vitamins with Bencocide and finally it should be taken 30 or so minutes prior to workout or food if not working out.
    [Sry, I tried to simplify this as much as possible]

*Notes: The study was funded by the same people who own the patent (nothing independent in humans that I found). Common B12 is water soluble, thus you cannot overdose, methyl-C has to donate it's methyl group so toxicity is near impossible, Dibencocide is fat soluble, already converted and can cross the BBB, and thus has the possibility to have side effects at high doses.
    Last edited by variance193; 10-23-2019 at 12:33 PM. Reason: Found another study, updated post