Closed Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Registered User nikeoneplatinum's Avatar
    nikeoneplatinum has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nikeoneplatinum has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nikeoneplatinum has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nikeoneplatinum has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nikeoneplatinum has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nikeoneplatinum has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nikeoneplatinum has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nikeoneplatinum has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nikeoneplatinum has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nikeoneplatinum has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nikeoneplatinum has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    believe it or not, bodybuilders tend to be very feminine, they wouldn't make for good fighters
    Bodybuilding is a lifetime journey, anytime spent not bulking or cutting is a waste of time.

tyricon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    hey, you've got a lot of good info, sounds like it can be really useful, i was just curious where did u find all of the information about they types of training you wrote about

TriangIeChoke has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Croaker View Post
    Some complexes I have discovered through nights of internet research:

Couture Complex
    Bent rows x8
    Upright rows x8
    Military press x8
    Good morning x8
    Lunges x8 (each leg)
    Squat push press x8
    Deadlift x8
    1 minute’s rest. Do 6 sets.

Bloody Complex
    Bloody Barbell Complex
    Overhead squat for 10 reps
    Hang clean for 10 reps
    Standing military press for 10 reps
    Bentover row for 10 reps
    Lunge for 10 reps on each leg
    Romanian deadlift for 20 reps
    Front squat for 10 reps
    Standing calf raise (barbell across upper back) for 30 reps
    Bloody Dumbbell Complex
    Standing hammer curl for 5 reps
    Standing alternating shoulder press for 10 reps with each arm
    Forward lunge for 10 reps with each leg
    Bentover alternating row for 10 reps with each arm
    Reverse lunge with overhead press (palms facing each other) for 10 reps with each leg
    Romanian deadlift for 20 reps
    Standing calf raise (arms hanging at sides) for 30 reps
    Bloody Barbell Complex
    Rest 2 minutes
    Bloody Dumbbell Complex
    Rest 2 minutes
    Bloody Barbell Complex
    Rest 3 minutes
    Bloody Dumbbell Complex
    You're Done
    Note: When you repeat the barbell and dumbbell complexes, you'll need to reduce the load by at least 20% to fulfill the rep requirements

Javorek
    Javorek's Barbell Complex 1:
    Barbell Upright Row x 6
    Barbell High Pull Snatch x 6
    Barbell Behind the Head Squat Push Press x 6
    Barbell Behind the Head Good Morning x 6
    Barbell Bent Over Row x 6

Javorek's Barbell Complex 2:
    Barbell Upright Row x 3
    Barbell High Pull Snatch x 3
    Barbell Behind the Head Squat Push Press x 3
    Barbell Behind the Head Good Morning x 3
    Barbell Bent Over Row x 3

Javorek's Barbell Complex 3:
    Barbell Regular (Supinated) Curls x 6
    Barbell Upright Row x 6
    Barbell High Pull Snatch Regular or From Hip x 6
    Barbell Bent Over Row x 8
    Barbell Behind The Head Press x 6
    Barbell Behind The Head Good Morning x 10
    Barbell Behind The Head Squat Push Press x 6
    Barbell Behind The Head Seated Press x 6
    Barbell Regular (Supinated) Curls or x 6
    Barbell Upright Row x 6

Javorek's Barbell Complex 4:
    Barbell Regular (Supinated) Curls x 3
    Barbell Upright Row x 3
    Barbell High Pull Snatch From Hip x 3
    Barbell Behind The Head Press x 3
    Barbell Behind The Head Squat Push Press x 3
    Barbell Regular (Supinated) Curls x 3

Javorek's Barbell Complex 5:
    Barbell Upright Row Medium Grip x 6
    Barbell High Pull Snatch Medium Grip x 4
    Barbell Bent Over Row Medium Grip x 4
    Barbell Alternate Leg Step Up On Box x16
    Barbell Good Morning x16
    Barbell Upright Row Medium Grip x 6
    Barbell High Pull Snatch Medium Grip x 4
    Barbell Back Squat Jump x 8

Bear Barbell
    5 circuits of 5 rounds w/ 1 minute rest
    Hang clean x1
    Front Squat x1
    Push Press x1
    Back Squat x1
    Push Press x1

The Chief
    5 rounds of 5 minutes w/ one minute rest
    Power Clean x3
    Push-ups x6
    Bodyweight Squat x9
    I don't understand Javorek... are we supposed to do all of them one after each other?

Also which one gives the best results to be able to last real rounds in a MMA fight?

Hemilz is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hemilz is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hemilz is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hemilz is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hemilz is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hemilz is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hemilz is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hemilz is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hemilz is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hemilz is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hemilz is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    very cool

Registered User SantiagoPanduri's Avatar
    SantiagoPanduri has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SantiagoPanduri has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

bumpster

hey, for the 2.3 PERIPHEAL HEART ACTION SYSTEM :

An example of one of my versions would be

1 min non stop punching on a heavy bag
    1 min 75 lb heavy bag slams
    1 min 25 lb DB hammer curls
    1 min 35 lb kettle bell one hand clean and press
    1 min burpees
    1 min 100lb squats
    1 min 45 lb power thrust
    X3

you would do one minute of all these exercises one after the other and then rest or do it all non-stop? meaning 1min punch,1min heavybag......etc, all 7 exercises one after the other non stop then start again and so on for 3 times? so it would be 3 rounds of 7 minutes?

Registered User SantiagoPanduri's Avatar
    SantiagoPanduri has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SantiagoPanduri has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    anything?

MisterBrian06 is on a distinguished road. (+10) MisterBrian06 is on a distinguished road. (+10) MisterBrian06 is on a distinguished road. (+10) MisterBrian06 is on a distinguished road. (+10) MisterBrian06 is on a distinguished road. (+10) MisterBrian06 is on a distinguished road. (+10) MisterBrian06 is on a distinguished road. (+10) MisterBrian06 is on a distinguished road. (+10) MisterBrian06 is on a distinguished road. (+10) MisterBrian06 is on a distinguished road. (+10) MisterBrian06 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    "*circuit training SHOULD NEVER BE USED IN PLACE OF CARDIO TRAINING"

Above. Why is that? The Peripheral system that you favor sounds much like a circuit style system. It also sounds similar to a crossfit workout.
    -King Six-

a-dog is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) a-dog is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) a-dog is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) a-dog is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) a-dog is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) a-dog is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) a-dog is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) a-dog is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) a-dog is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) a-dog is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) a-dog is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I don't usually post here but figured I'd throw it out there and see if any of you guys could help. I recently saw a video of a guy doing some training with some "battling ropes" and thought it looked pretty cool. I looked more into it and the ones being sold online are pretty damn expensive. any tips or tricks on how to get a 50 foot battling rope for a price that won't put me out of house and home? A buddy of mine suggested looking into a marina which I'm gonna do....any other suggestions?

RobbiePalmer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Nice post(s)

I read over post from page 1 all the way to page 3, my head hurts and I kind of know now what I missed out on in High School when the baseball team invited me to hang out in the back of the buss with them.
    Interesting first write up very well put together. (don't know if it was a copy and paste) Non the less good info. I was a little shocked at the lift numbers you posted for bench, or Dumbbell press. I know you have more in you than that.

I did like the word battle about people being fat or not, wasn't the nicest way to talk trash? But hit me funny for some reason.

Registered User Horny Goat Weed's Avatar
    Horny Goat Weed is on a distinguished road. (+10) Horny Goat Weed is on a distinguished road. (+10) Horny Goat Weed is on a distinguished road. (+10) Horny Goat Weed is on a distinguished road. (+10) Horny Goat Weed is on a distinguished road. (+10) Horny Goat Weed is on a distinguished road. (+10) Horny Goat Weed is on a distinguished road. (+10) Horny Goat Weed is on a distinguished road. (+10) Horny Goat Weed is on a distinguished road. (+10) Horny Goat Weed is on a distinguished road. (+10) Horny Goat Weed is on a distinguished road. (+10)

ka_of_fire has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Training

Hmmm... I found that using weighted leg weights are pretty good when doing other workouts that do not require you to jump just because your body will adapt to the leg weights and when you take them off you'll feel light as a feather but you'll be able to hit like a freight train. Also if you are able to go to a pool practice training in the water for the added resistance that will help.

Registered User xxxDAxBEASTxxxX's Avatar
    xxxDAxBEASTxxxX is not very helpful. (-500) xxxDAxBEASTxxxX is not very helpful. (-500) xxxDAxBEASTxxxX is not very helpful. (-500) xxxDAxBEASTxxxX is not very helpful. (-500) xxxDAxBEASTxxxX is not very helpful. (-500) xxxDAxBEASTxxxX is not very helpful. (-500) xxxDAxBEASTxxxX is not very helpful. (-500) xxxDAxBEASTxxxX is not very helpful. (-500) xxxDAxBEASTxxxX is not very helpful. (-500) xxxDAxBEASTxxxX is not very helpful. (-500) xxxDAxBEASTxxxX is not very helpful. (-500)
    "Under normal situations 40% of your 1-rm is about 75-145 reps until fatigue!!!!!! 60% is about 35-57 reps!!!!! "

no. absolutely ridiculous.

Sexual Tyrannosaurus ftwrestler's Avatar
    ftwrestler has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ftwrestler has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ftwrestler has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ftwrestler has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ftwrestler has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ftwrestler has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ftwrestler has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ftwrestler has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ftwrestler has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ftwrestler has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ftwrestler has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by xxxDAxBEASTxxxX View Post
    "Under normal situations 40% of your 1-rm is about 75-145 reps until fatigue!!!!!! 60% is about 35-57 reps!!!!! "

no. absolutely ridiculous.
    how would it not be?

Garrett6 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Garrett6 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Garrett6 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Garrett6 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Garrett6 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Garrett6 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Garrett6 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Garrett6 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Garrett6 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Garrett6 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Garrett6 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Thanks for sharing, you really took the time and broke this down into something thats easy to understand. You make some valid points.

wanaBsedated is a name known to all. (+5000) wanaBsedated is a name known to all. (+5000) wanaBsedated is a name known to all. (+5000) wanaBsedated is a name known to all. (+5000) wanaBsedated is a name known to all. (+5000) wanaBsedated is a name known to all. (+5000) wanaBsedated is a name known to all. (+5000) wanaBsedated is a name known to all. (+5000) wanaBsedated is a name known to all. (+5000) wanaBsedated is a name known to all. (+5000) wanaBsedated is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by MisterBrian06 View Post
    "*circuit training SHOULD NEVER BE USED IN PLACE OF CARDIO TRAINING"

Above. Why is that? The Peripheral system that you favor sounds much like a circuit style system. It also sounds similar to a crossfit workout.
    timed circuits and complexes are one of the best ways to do cardio lol
    Mirin'triceps peak? Thanks westside barbell.

Gettin'older, studying MMA in Brazil gonna fight soon, on my own crew.

EmbarassYou has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EmbarassYou has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EmbarassYou has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EmbarassYou has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EmbarassYou has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EmbarassYou has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EmbarassYou has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EmbarassYou has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EmbarassYou has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EmbarassYou has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EmbarassYou has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by nikeoneplatinum View Post
    believe it or not, bodybuilders tend to be very feminine, they wouldn't make for good fighters
    dem short limbs, dem narrow waist bad for wrestling

wanaBsedated is a name known to all. (+5000) wanaBsedated is a name known to all. (+5000) wanaBsedated is a name known to all. (+5000) wanaBsedated is a name known to all. (+5000) wanaBsedated is a name known to all. (+5000) wanaBsedated is a name known to all. (+5000) wanaBsedated is a name known to all. (+5000) wanaBsedated is a name known to all. (+5000) wanaBsedated is a name known to all. (+5000) wanaBsedated is a name known to all. (+5000) wanaBsedated is a name known to all. (+5000)
    How does one condition to be an mma fighter?

Increase absolute strength : max effort method
    Increase speed strength and endurance: Dynamic effort method and repetition effort method.

do sprints and complexes, working the energy systems involved in the sport... I guess you could run a little here and there for aerobic fitness or to cut weight

Its not a mystery AT ALL. It doesnt really matter what you do as long as youre hitting the energy systems and challenging your whole body to do so. You could do it through kettlebells, oldschool javoreks, uphill sprints, tire flips... I think in this case its best to do what you like to avoid boredom. Of course if you have any certain weakness, work it.

I personally think sled work, sprints and 1-2 complexes a week are plenty.

Keep in mind that the stronger you are, the less motor units your nervous system has to recruit for an action so that will on its own work to increase endurance.

www.westside-barbell.com
    Last edited by wanaBsedated; 02-23-2013 at 02:15 PM.

Registered User Horny Goat Weed's Avatar
    Horny Goat Weed is on a distinguished road. (+10) Horny Goat Weed is on a distinguished road. (+10) Horny Goat Weed is on a distinguished road. (+10) Horny Goat Weed is on a distinguished road. (+10) Horny Goat Weed is on a distinguished road. (+10) Horny Goat Weed is on a distinguished road. (+10) Horny Goat Weed is on a distinguished road. (+10) Horny Goat Weed is on a distinguished road. (+10) Horny Goat Weed is on a distinguished road. (+10) Horny Goat Weed is on a distinguished road. (+10) Horny Goat Weed is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by wanaBsedated View Post

Keep in mind that the stronger you are, the less motor units your nervous system has to recruit for an action so that will on its own work to increase endurance.
    That sounds good in theory but there aren't many real life examples. Guys like Karlos Vemola and Mariusz Pudzianowski were always the strongest guys in the cage when they fought yet they gassed within minutes of the opening bell. Wrestlers are usually the bigger and stronger athletes when they fight yet have some of worst cardio in the sport. I would of thought that the principle of specificity still reigns true, if you want to improve your cardio then you need to work your cardio.

Originally Posted by Horny Goat Weed View Post
    That sounds good in theory but there aren't many real life examples. Guys like Karlos Vemola and Mariusz Pudzianowski were always the strongest guys in the cage when they fought yet they gassed within minutes of the opening bell. Wrestlers are usually the bigger and stronger athletes when they fight yet have some of worst cardio in the sport. I would of thought that the principle of specificity still reigns true, if you want to improve your cardio then you need to work your cardio.
    They are poor examples and i never said to not do cardio. I just said that developing strength to a relative maximum was the best way to train for strength followed by doing cardio within your sport's energy requirements.

Prometheusboy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

I wrestled

In high school

I weight trained, bulked up, but unfortunately felt terrible. I had an internal health problem. I msintain my ability to fight. I demolished my older brother when I was 10. He was 16. I read Ted Manuscos kung fu for young people.

I really dont know if Ill live to 50. Im 40 next year.

But Ive been fearless with scum bags. Stand up to their face. Its 75% psyche and timing. So I am not super fit, but I like to be able to fight hard

I thought itd be good if people saw a physically washed up crip like me still able to life and do ****. Im hoping you have a good day man. I just joined this

Prometheusboy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Illness

My phyical illness is plantar fibroma, l & r foot (non cancerous), hereditary angio edema 1:50, 000, low immunity IgG > 1in 100, 000, hyper LDLp from liver not diet, 1600 (crisco in arteries) so I take meds, cant do many excercises.

It really sucks. Im not afraid of much. I dont like conflicts in public, just ready for community policing. I put a guy out this month. I could die this year. I just want to bs with some people

Sexual Tyrannosaurus ftwrestler's Avatar
    ftwrestler has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ftwrestler has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ftwrestler has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ftwrestler has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ftwrestler has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ftwrestler has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ftwrestler has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ftwrestler has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ftwrestler has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ftwrestler has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ftwrestler has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by wanaBsedated View Post
    How does one condition to be an mma fighter?

Increase absolute strength : max effort method
    Increase speed strength and endurance: Dynamic effort method and repetition effort method.

do sprints and complexes, working the energy systems involved in the sport... I guess you could run a little here and there for aerobic fitness or to cut weight

Its not a mystery AT ALL. It doesnt really matter what you do as long as youre hitting the energy systems and challenging your whole body to do so. You could do it through kettlebells, oldschool javoreks, uphill sprints, tire flips... I think in this case its best to do what you like to avoid boredom. Of course if you have any certain weakness, work it.

I personally think sled work, sprints and 1-2 complexes a week are plenty.

www.westside-barbell.com
    aside from your west side barbell link

i agree 100%. it is all about specificity

Registered User strongmegapower's Avatar
    strongmegapower has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) strongmegapower has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) strongmegapower has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) strongmegapower has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) strongmegapower has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) strongmegapower has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) strongmegapower has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) strongmegapower has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) strongmegapower has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) strongmegapower has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) strongmegapower has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Interesting thread. For my MMA training I do mostly weight training (Bodybuilding diet plan, training plan) and HIIT. The HIIT part is critical. Run stairs vigorously for a minute, then a minute break and so forth till I can no longer walk. That mimics the bursts used while fighting along with my renewed muscle mass. You have to have both.

No need for long, drawn out cardio sessions like running marathons and the like. That is a total different goal targeting different muscles and leaves one unprepared for fighting. Though Nick Diaz does 42 KM Triathlons. I am amazed.

CaseyJamess is a name known to all. (+5000) CaseyJamess is a name known to all. (+5000) CaseyJamess is a name known to all. (+5000) CaseyJamess is a name known to all. (+5000) CaseyJamess is a name known to all. (+5000) CaseyJamess is a name known to all. (+5000) CaseyJamess is a name known to all. (+5000) CaseyJamess is a name known to all. (+5000) CaseyJamess is a name known to all. (+5000) CaseyJamess is a name known to all. (+5000) CaseyJamess is a name known to all. (+5000)
    3x5, 5x5, 3x3 on compounds,

couple of sprint sessios,
    couple of barbell complexes/circuits

Hitting pads and drilling combos/general practice is killer friggin cardio tho!
    ~Misc BJJ crew~
    ~Electronic Engineer master race~

acaveman will become famous soon enough. (+50) acaveman will become famous soon enough. (+50) acaveman will become famous soon enough. (+50) acaveman will become famous soon enough. (+50) acaveman will become famous soon enough. (+50) acaveman will become famous soon enough. (+50) acaveman will become famous soon enough. (+50) acaveman will become famous soon enough. (+50) acaveman will become famous soon enough. (+50) acaveman will become famous soon enough. (+50) acaveman will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Epic read! Cheers

bsmith780 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bsmith780 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bsmith780 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bsmith780 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bsmith780 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bsmith780 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bsmith780 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bsmith780 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bsmith780 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bsmith780 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bsmith780 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Nothing wrong with a little resistance training
    #STRIVE4GREATNESS
    # BEASTMODE

ATW90 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ATW90 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ATW90 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ATW90 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ATW90 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ATW90 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ATW90 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ATW90 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by ftwrestler View Post
    because of the many resistance training threads that have been made in the past couple months i decided to do a write up which will hopefully anser some questions. here ya go.

Great write up

DrHeckleMrLied has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DrHeckleMrLied has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DrHeckleMrLied has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DrHeckleMrLied has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DrHeckleMrLied has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DrHeckleMrLied has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DrHeckleMrLied has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DrHeckleMrLied has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DrHeckleMrLied has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DrHeckleMrLied has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DrHeckleMrLied has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Dope thread, thanks for all the great info.

Does it smell like updog?

tnway is not very well liked. (-100) tnway is not very well liked. (-100) tnway is not very well liked. (-100) tnway is not very well liked. (-100) tnway is not very well liked. (-100) tnway is not very well liked. (-100) tnway is not very well liked. (-100) tnway is not very well liked. (-100) tnway is not very well liked. (-100) tnway is not very well liked. (-100) tnway is not very well liked. (-100)
    nice