dridge607 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dridge607 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dridge607 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dridge607 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dridge607 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dridge607 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dridge607 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dridge607 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dridge607 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dridge607 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dridge607 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Next show weight

I am getting ready for my next show and it looks like I am going to be around 182-184. There are weight class cut offs at 175 and 190. I was thinking about going in at 175 through water/carb depletion the last week and then trying to carb load as musch as possible immediately after weigh in. I was wondering if anyone has had first hand experience with this.

ps. I don't want to hear about the proper way to carb load.

lilswollt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lilswollt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lilswollt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lilswollt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lilswollt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lilswollt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lilswollt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lilswollt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lilswollt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lilswollt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lilswollt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    my thoughts dail in were you look best if thats 182 be it
    yes i have experinced drying out and carb deplete
    to get to a lower class ended up stringy and bad looking carb loading in end did not take well i was to far gone if you dried at 182 you be hurt your body trying to get to 175
    this is what happened to me
    we may be differ but i will never try it again
    Attached Images
    And on the first day he said let there be light!
    And it was GOOD

dridge607 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dridge607 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dridge607 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dridge607 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dridge607 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dridge607 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dridge607 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dridge607 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dridge607 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dridge607 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dridge607 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Thanks bro. Anyone else.

Anyone else tried to get into a lower weight class?

Sporto1633 is a name known to all. (+5000) Sporto1633 is a name known to all. (+5000) Sporto1633 is a name known to all. (+5000) Sporto1633 is a name known to all. (+5000) Sporto1633 is a name known to all. (+5000) Sporto1633 is a name known to all. (+5000) Sporto1633 is a name known to all. (+5000) Sporto1633 is a name known to all. (+5000) Sporto1633 is a name known to all. (+5000) Sporto1633 is a name known to all. (+5000) Sporto1633 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    In my opinion, if it's more than a pound or two, you are better off at whatever weight you end up at. By trying to deplete for anything more than that, you are bringing too many more variables into the equation that can result in you looking worse on stage. Besides, you still have to win the overall no matter what weight class you are in If it were me, I would opt to look the best I could at whatever weight it puts me at. If I'm a pound or two shy, then maybe I might consider it...but ultimately, if I did my prep right and look my best, the weight class won't matter.

Sporto
    Core Nutritionals Sponsored Athlete
    IFPA Professional Natural Bodybuilder
    NASM Certified Personal Trainer

Pro Natural Bodybuilder AustrianOakJr's Avatar
    AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000)
    5-7 lbs is too much to cut. You want those carbs in the muscle.....if you deplete that much just prior, you'll look too flat, with little vascularity. Trying to carb up only a couple hours prior isnt gonna happen. You might look good for the night show.....but I wouldnt want to try and fill out in a couple hours.
    "Who the Son sets free is free indeed....."

WNBF Pro Natural Bodybuilder

Check out my CELLUCOR Supplement log:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=148746693&pagenumber=

3DMJ Athlete

crew5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) crew5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) crew5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) crew5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) crew5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) crew5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) crew5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) crew5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) crew5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) crew5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) crew5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I knew I was going to be in the lower side of the heavy weights so aimed to come in a bit lighter and ended up at 195 (light-heavy cut off at 198). It worked out for me as I won the light heavy and the over-all. I just feel that if I had to go against those monsters in heavy weight I would lose. Not saying I was right in doing it just that was my thought at the time.
    5'10"
    245lbs
    455lb bench
    635lb squats
    .....20 years at it and sore as hell

RooRooTJ is just really nice. (+1000) RooRooTJ is just really nice. (+1000) RooRooTJ is just really nice. (+1000) RooRooTJ is just really nice. (+1000) RooRooTJ is just really nice. (+1000) RooRooTJ is just really nice. (+1000) RooRooTJ is just really nice. (+1000) RooRooTJ is just really nice. (+1000) RooRooTJ is just really nice. (+1000) RooRooTJ is just really nice. (+1000) RooRooTJ is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by crew5 View Post
    I knew I was going to be in the lower side of the heavy weights so aimed to come in a bit lighter and ended up at 195 (light-heavy cut off at 198). It worked out for me as I won the light heavy and the over-all. I just feel that if I had to go against those monsters in heavy weight I would lose. Not saying I was right in doing it just that was my thought at the time.
    If you beat the Heavy weight winner for the overall why would you have lost to them in the class though
    New Coming Soon

crew5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) crew5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) crew5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) crew5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) crew5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) crew5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) crew5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) crew5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) crew5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) crew5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) crew5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I've been to this show in the past with a friend and the heavyweights always looked huge so I just had that thought in planning for the show. Hind sight is always 20/20 but during my prep I didn't really want to get on the stage with 220lbs guys. Like I said - I'm not saying I'm right - it was just my thought at the time. If you can keep your muscle thickness and carb up without spilling over I think you would have a better chance at the high-end of a weight class than at the lower end. Maybe I'm wrong......
    5'10"
    245lbs
    455lb bench
    635lb squats
    .....20 years at it and sore as hell

I guess I'll just wait and see how i look 2 weeks out. Last time i weighed 184 the week before and cut water weight down to 171 with a carb up starting 3 days prior to the show, I actually overshot it by 5 lbs and I think I still looked pretty good.

latimus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) latimus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) latimus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) latimus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) latimus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) latimus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) latimus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) latimus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) latimus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) latimus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) latimus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    yah its hard to say unless you are a week or two out.

I did a show I probably should have been in the heavies but cut down enough to make the LH. but I had to stop drinking water, and not carb load like I normally do. so I wasnt full onstage (could have filled out another couple lbs). I made LH then carb loaded and got back up to 202 the day of the show. won my class but lost overall to the heavie weight.

good luck to you bro. keep us posted