Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by StressMonkey View Post
    I recently watched "True Life: I'm an MMA fighter". The followed Frankie Edgar around and one of the stories was how his wife was planning their wedding around his training for a big fight. Maybe it's something of that nature.
    I hope to find out by next week.

Originally Posted by Tifflex View Post
    Congratulations
    Thanks Tiff

Originally Posted by micro wave View Post
    He shows good patience, picks his strikes well. Was fun to watch.
    Thanks! Glad you enjoyed it.
    "If a kid asks where rain comes from, I think a cute thing to tell him is "God is crying." And if he asks why God is crying, another cute thing to tell him is "Probably because of something you did."

Muscle_Sliver will become famous soon enough. (+50) Muscle_Sliver will become famous soon enough. (+50) Muscle_Sliver will become famous soon enough. (+50) Muscle_Sliver will become famous soon enough. (+50) Muscle_Sliver will become famous soon enough. (+50) Muscle_Sliver will become famous soon enough. (+50) Muscle_Sliver will become famous soon enough. (+50) Muscle_Sliver will become famous soon enough. (+50) Muscle_Sliver will become famous soon enough. (+50) Muscle_Sliver will become famous soon enough. (+50) Muscle_Sliver will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Congratulations to you and your son on the win. He really came alive in the 2nd round.
    Space is disease and danger wrapped in darkness and silence. -Dr. Leonard 'Bones' McCoy

EAT like you are at an NFL training table
    TRAIN like you are the smallest (and cutest) guy in prison
    SLEEP like you are a baby -Baldiewonkanobi

Be Consistent! Be Intense! Become your Goal!
    Consistency with intensity brings DENSITY!! -oldsuperman

Location: burnley, lancashire, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    a68claret will become famous soon enough. (+50) a68claret will become famous soon enough. (+50) a68claret will become famous soon enough. (+50) a68claret will become famous soon enough. (+50) a68claret will become famous soon enough. (+50) a68claret will become famous soon enough. (+50) a68claret will become famous soon enough. (+50) a68claret will become famous soon enough. (+50) a68claret will become famous soon enough. (+50) a68claret will become famous soon enough. (+50) a68claret will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Kyle showed some real skills but what impressed me the most is that obviously his head wasn,t right at first with all the crap with the trainer and backroom staff that stuff can really mess a fighter up! but when he got his act together he had too much for the other lad. I love amateur boxing not about money or fame just pride both fighters gave their best but Kyle was the better man look foward to his next bout when is it?
    its not the size of dog in the fight but the size of fight in the dog

Yes my body weight is high so is my bodyfat and yes my weight lifted is low but soon they will swop.This is my journey come along for the ride

tatdawg is just really nice. (+1000) tatdawg is just really nice. (+1000) tatdawg is just really nice. (+1000) tatdawg is just really nice. (+1000) tatdawg is just really nice. (+1000) tatdawg is just really nice. (+1000) tatdawg is just really nice. (+1000) tatdawg is just really nice. (+1000) tatdawg is just really nice. (+1000) tatdawg is just really nice. (+1000) tatdawg is just really nice. (+1000)
    congrats dbx. kyle cleaned up his punches in the second round and has some good power. he took the other boys heart in the second round and finished strong. does he watch the tape and see the difference between the 2 rounds? when he uses proper form and footwork his power increases and he is much more accurate.
    Loved by some
    Hated by others
    Forgiven by the grace of God.

dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Muscle_Sliver View Post
    Congratulations to you and your son on the win. He really came alive in the 2nd round.
    Thanks.

Originally Posted by a68claret View Post
    Kyle showed some real skills but what impressed me the most is that obviously his head wasn,t right at first with all the crap with the trainer and backroom staff that stuff can really mess a fighter up! but when he got his act together he had too much for the other lad. I love amateur boxing not about money or fame just pride both fighters gave their best but Kyle was the better man look foward to his next bout when is it?
    Thanks. Don't yet know when his next fight will be.

Originally Posted by tatdawg View Post
    congrats dbx. kyle cleaned up his punches in the second round and has some good power. he took the other boys heart in the second round and finished strong. does he watch the tape and see the difference between the 2 rounds? when he uses proper form and footwork his power increases and he is much more accurate.
    Thanks tat. Yeah, he's watched and can see the difference. When we got home that night, I transferred the video from cassette to DVD, and then I showed him a lot of sections in 1/6, 1/8 & 1/2 speed frames to better show him positive and negative aspects. The upper cut he gives his opponent at the end looks can truly be appreciated in slo-mo. That punch is what really finished the kid.
    "If a kid asks where rain comes from, I think a cute thing to tell him is "God is crying." And if he asks why God is crying, another cute thing to tell him is "Probably because of something you did."

wulf88 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) wulf88 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) wulf88 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) wulf88 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) wulf88 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) wulf88 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) wulf88 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) wulf88 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) wulf88 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) wulf88 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) wulf88 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Nice work to you and your son!!!!! Now he needs to work on that vicious Mike Tyson combo of upper cut followed by hook. Great stuff DBX!!!
    From the body cast of an injured working dog (finding IEDs) in Afghanistan: TALIBAN TASTES LIKE CHICKEN!

Plato: Only the dead have seen the end of war.

The only fool bigger than the person who knows it all is the person who argues with him.

Hikemike is just really nice. (+1000) Hikemike is just really nice. (+1000) Hikemike is just really nice. (+1000) Hikemike is just really nice. (+1000) Hikemike is just really nice. (+1000) Hikemike is just really nice. (+1000) Hikemike is just really nice. (+1000) Hikemike is just really nice. (+1000) Hikemike is just really nice. (+1000) Hikemike is just really nice. (+1000) Hikemike is just really nice. (+1000)
    Great fight! You must be super proud!! He definitely came alive in the second!

He rocked the other guy pretty good a few times.

Tell your son congrats from me!!!
    "Is it REALLY a passion if it gets abandoned the first time things get tough?

If it is then I suggest finding another passion because things will be tough MUCH more than they will be easy."

-Dave Tate

Originally Posted by wulf88 View Post
    Nice work to you and your son!!!!! Now he needs to work on that vicious Mike Tyson combo of upper cut followed by hook. Great stuff DBX!!!
    Originally Posted by Hikemike View Post

Thanks fellas. He went back to school a happy camper today.

MtnBikeMike is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MtnBikeMike is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MtnBikeMike is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MtnBikeMike is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MtnBikeMike is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MtnBikeMike is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MtnBikeMike is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MtnBikeMike is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MtnBikeMike is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MtnBikeMike is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MtnBikeMike is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Hikemike View Post

^^^^^^x2. I wouldn't expect anything less from YOUR son.
    Happily married father of four and grandfather of two and one on the way. Edit: Grandfather of 3 as of 02/28/2009.

http://workout.bodybuilding.com/MtnBikeMike/

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=113013061

"Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end!" Texas A&M University.

Capt_Lou is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Capt_Lou is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Capt_Lou is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Capt_Lou is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Capt_Lou is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Capt_Lou is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Capt_Lou is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Capt_Lou is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Capt_Lou is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Capt_Lou is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Capt_Lou is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Congrats to your Son!!!

That upper cut really shook the other guy up, and I loved the crowds reation to it
    Instagram @captloufitness

Get comfortable being uncomfortable

USMC 89-97

aneas
    Thanks for sharing fun to watch. They could have stopped it sooner your son was just measuring him up for quite awhile. He has alot of heart. He keeps on coming no matter what. He was able to battle back from adversity. Thats what makes a person a champ in my book.

Originally Posted by MtnBikeMike View Post
    ^^^^^^x2. I wouldn't expect anything less from YOUR son.
    Thanks Mike .

Originally Posted by Capt_Lou View Post
    Congrats to your Son!!!

That upper cut really shook the other guy up, and I loved the crowds reation to it
    Yeah, that upper cut really shows the damage in slo-mo. It's funny, but my son actually has "fans" at this place, and he's only fought twice (both times at this place) and he doesn't know anyone there.

Originally Posted by aneas View Post
    Thanks for sharing fun to watch. They could have stopped it sooner your son was just measuring him up for quite awhile. He has alot of heart. He keeps on coming no matter what. He was able to battle back from adversity. Thats what makes a person a champ in my book.
    I agree about stopping it sooner. Despite being a proud father, I also believe strongly in being fair. I think he should have stopped the fight a couple of minutes earlier. It was obvious to me that my son's opponent was shaken and wasn't "with it", way before it ended. On the other hand, I applaud the ref for keeping these kids safe, and he personally trained my son's opponent, so he knows what to look for in coherency. This kid still looked catatonic 15mins after the fight was over. It really worried me, but I think it was also just part of how the kid "acts", if that makes any sense?

fmartin685 is on a distinguished road. (+10) fmartin685 is on a distinguished road. (+10) fmartin685 is on a distinguished road. (+10) fmartin685 is on a distinguished road. (+10) fmartin685 is on a distinguished road. (+10) fmartin685 is on a distinguished road. (+10) fmartin685 is on a distinguished road. (+10) fmartin685 is on a distinguished road. (+10) fmartin685 is on a distinguished road. (+10) fmartin685 is on a distinguished road. (+10) fmartin685 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I love boxing, and that was actually a good fight. The opponent was unorthodox, and predictable. Your son laid a good left hook on him in the first round, but the kid answered back and caught your son with a pretty good shot. (I didn't think it required an standing 8, though. As a matter of fact I thought the ref used standing counts before he needed to, then didn't use it when he should have. When your son landed the upper cut in the 2nd, that other kid needed a standing 8). Once your son figured out the kids pattern (left jab, lunge in with looping right) he owned him. The two things that impressed me the most was watching him figure out his opponent, then countering correctly, and the killer instinct once he had him in trouble (hey, it's boxing, you need to have that killer instinct once you have your opponent in trouble. I have even seen pro's that don't have that). Awesome, I'm looking forward to his next fight. Thanks for posting the video, I enjoyed it.
    -If your workout doesn't include squats, then your workout doesn't do squat.