bjjbadboy will become famous soon enough. (+50) bjjbadboy will become famous soon enough. (+50) bjjbadboy will become famous soon enough. (+50) bjjbadboy will become famous soon enough. (+50) bjjbadboy will become famous soon enough. (+50) bjjbadboy will become famous soon enough. (+50) bjjbadboy will become famous soon enough. (+50) bjjbadboy will become famous soon enough. (+50) bjjbadboy will become famous soon enough. (+50) bjjbadboy will become famous soon enough. (+50) bjjbadboy will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Certification question please help asap

Hey so this is a bit of a story but ill post cliffs. please give me info I have been involved with strength and condition since the age of 9 from wrestling.. I have been a personal trainer for about 3 years getting paid.(voluntered for mma gyms and wrestling team from about 7 years. I know I am very good at what I do.. My last club i was one of the younger trainers but in the top 3 for the best (best went to college for sports medicine.)

so heres the thing 3 years ago I took a super long supposably great certification but never actually got certified. The test was two parts a five min practical and a 3 hour or so written. I should up two mins late for the practical and couldnt take it.... took written got a 90....b/c i never to practical never actually got certification however started working in a club..they asked if i had it said i need to get it from the place, never really asked me again worked here for a year. left due to a new job. about a year after taking the test i said let me find out what i have to do to get my cert, had to pay another 75$ and take practical..did that didnt study cause it was a joke when i took it. go to take test they changed it now practicle needs to no some nomiclature different positions etc, i know them but not with out looking before and reveiwing. still take sure i did fine but never heard anything b/c i never sent them my CPR.

Now that im looking to train again i need to get my cert, so finally get in touch with the people in charge and they said i failed this practical and i need to re-take it but they changed the exam its all one test now so i would have to re study everything and pay 299 plus 99 for the study guide..( alot of gyms dont even reconigze this cert so i found out)

My aunt is certified i was going to take hers and put my name in it. okay should be no problem for little gyms. go to big gym today they loved me and my resume but wanted a copy of the cert asap..is this to check like a database to see if i really am certified??

What should i tell new gym the truth and see if the will pay or let me start working to make the money to get recertified??

cliffs
    tooks pt test
    two parts practical and written, practical 5 min joke
    late to test missed practical
    never recieved cert but still worked for 3 years in club w/o
    new gym need my cert
    would have to take written and practical together costing $400
    totally broke dont have 400
    was going to forge somebody elses just to start working
    will gyms check up to see if really certified or is it just to have on hand incase??

Thank you all
    Bench: 295 lb (134.1 kg)
    Bicep Curl: 111 lb (50.5 kg)
    Squat: 320 lb (145.5 kg)
    Barbell Rows: 136 lb (61.8 kg)
    Deadlift: 209 lb (95.0 kg)
    Overhead Press: 196 lb (89.1 kg)

I kick and get kicked in the head for fun...

soccerpro6 will become famous soon enough. (+50) soccerpro6 will become famous soon enough. (+50) soccerpro6 will become famous soon enough. (+50) soccerpro6 will become famous soon enough. (+50) soccerpro6 will become famous soon enough. (+50) soccerpro6 will become famous soon enough. (+50) soccerpro6 will become famous soon enough. (+50) soccerpro6 will become famous soon enough. (+50) soccerpro6 will become famous soon enough. (+50) soccerpro6 will become famous soon enough. (+50) soccerpro6 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I think it would be a pretty bad idea to fake a certification. Even if you are knowledgable on the topic, you are not being ethical as a trainer in falsifying your certifications. If the gym ever found out, all your credibility would be lost as a trainer because people would question whether your portfolio was fake too. They would ask if all the client recommendations you gave were fake, ect.

In general just a bad move, I say just save up the money, get some crappy job and work there for 3 weeks, make the 400 or whatever you need and get the certification.

Part of being professional is being on time, acting with integrity, and overall representing personal trainers in a positive light. If this is really that important to you, take the time to do it right, it will only help you in the long run.

Good luck!
    Kyle
    www.kylelongfitness.com

ISSA-Certified Personal Trainer
    ACSM-Certified Personal Trainer (In progress!)

The most important wealth is your health!

Is it wrong to be strong?

Current personal bests:
    Deadlift- 425
    Bench- 300
    Squat- 465

bjjbadboy will become famous soon enough. (+50) bjjbadboy will become famous soon enough. (+50) bjjbadboy will become famous soon enough. (+50) bjjbadboy will become famous soon enough. (+50) bjjbadboy will become famous soon enough. (+50) bjjbadboy will become famous soon enough. (+50) bjjbadboy will become famous soon enough. (+50) bjjbadboy will become famous soon enough. (+50) bjjbadboy will become famous soon enough. (+50) bjjbadboy will become famous soon enough. (+50) bjjbadboy will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    yeah thats what i figured..thing about cert's though is its a joke...some certified trainers have no right training. there are online class etc...training is something thing that comes from studying and practicing, i have well over fifteen years experience that somebody that just took a test can not compete with plus i did take the coarse and maybe got 1 or 2 things that are actually benifical.

i was still going to take the test over just cant wait to do so..
    think im just going to be honest with the head trainer tell him what happened and that im in the process of getting a new cert and if i have to ill work the sales desk till then.
    thanks anyway

btw aren't you the kid who is going on his first interview tomorrow??
    Bench: 295 lb (134.1 kg)
    Bicep Curl: 111 lb (50.5 kg)
    Squat: 320 lb (145.5 kg)
    Barbell Rows: 136 lb (61.8 kg)
    Deadlift: 209 lb (95.0 kg)
    Overhead Press: 196 lb (89.1 kg)

I kick and get kicked in the head for fun...

soccerpro6 will become famous soon enough. (+50) soccerpro6 will become famous soon enough. (+50) soccerpro6 will become famous soon enough. (+50) soccerpro6 will become famous soon enough. (+50) soccerpro6 will become famous soon enough. (+50) soccerpro6 will become famous soon enough. (+50) soccerpro6 will become famous soon enough. (+50) soccerpro6 will become famous soon enough. (+50) soccerpro6 will become famous soon enough. (+50) soccerpro6 will become famous soon enough. (+50) soccerpro6 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I've got a few of my first interviews with commercial gyms coming up in the next few weeks actually!

I think what you said is your best bet, if you tell the head trainer what your situation is, and if he is really interested in hiring you, he'll work something out with you.

I agree with a lot of the certs being a joke of sorts, and a lot of people who have certifications just read the info and pass the test and think they run the world haha

Hope everything works out with you and your job!
    www.kylelongfitness.com

ISSA-Certified Personal Trainer
    ACSM-Certified Personal Trainer (In progress!)

The most important wealth is your health!

Is it wrong to be strong?

Current personal bests:
    Deadlift- 425
    Bench- 300
    Squat- 465