Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    whiskeyboarder is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) whiskeyboarder is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) whiskeyboarder is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) whiskeyboarder is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) whiskeyboarder is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) whiskeyboarder is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) whiskeyboarder is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) whiskeyboarder is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) whiskeyboarder is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) whiskeyboarder is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) whiskeyboarder is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

WhiskeyBoarder's Journal

All:

I am copying this from my Bodyspace. I figured that I would start a thread here to encourage comments on my progress. I also, as always, open to and appreciative of all constructive advice.

Up until about a month and a half ago, I felt that I was meeting many of my weight-lifting goals. I had always worked out near daily, almost compulsively. Then, abruptly, at that point, I just stopped. I became very lethargic and lack motivation. In any case, this lasted for about a month and a half. Despite a terrible diet and a lack of physical exercise, I have maintained some size, but lost most definition. My goal now is to add mass. I want to come close to regaining my previous definition but I am more focused on size currently rather than regaining cut form.

I got back to the gym this morning. Here was my routine.

Thursday, February 19, 2009

I consumed one teaspoon of Creatine.

Bench (135): 8, (185) 6, 3, 2 (155) 5, 4, 3

Barbell Rows: (115) 10, (145) 7, 6 (135) 6, 6, 6

Deadlifts: (115) 8, 8, 8, 8

Leg Press: (270) 5 (380) 10, 10, 10, 10

Dips: 10, 6, 3, 3, 2

Despite being highly motivated to be in the gym, I was feeling lethargic throughout the workout. I contribute this to my sub-par diet over the past month in a half. I can not wait to start feeling like I used to!

Post workout, I had a small Almond Mocha High Protein Smoothie from Smoothie King. I am about to take another teaspoon of Creatine.

Thanks!

My BodySpace available here: http://bodyspace.bodybuilding.com/whiskeyboarder/

whiskeyboarder is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) whiskeyboarder is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) whiskeyboarder is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) whiskeyboarder is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) whiskeyboarder is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) whiskeyboarder is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) whiskeyboarder is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) whiskeyboarder is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) whiskeyboarder is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) whiskeyboarder is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) whiskeyboarder is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Feb 20, 2009 (Pre-Workout)

Although I had a fairly nutritionally poor dinner last night (we ate out at a local Mexican place), I had an incredible night of sleep. I think I was out from about 11 pm until 9 am with only minor interruption from the puppy moving around.

Just had a decent breakfast; toast with reduced fat crunchy peanut butter, oatmeal, a protein shake, all finished by a teaspoon of creatine in water.

As soon as I finish this creatine, I am going to go hit the gym. I intend to work abs only as I am feeling something very unfamiliar this morning - SORENESS!

I am interested in knowing if anyone else has this same habit as me. I always take a hot shower before the gym. My friends think it is odd that I shower after and before the gym, but I have found the hot water good for fully waking me up and warming up my muscles. Anyone else?

Thanks.

Feb 20, 2009 (Post - Workout)

Alright, I just got back from the gym. I didn't have a very long workout. I just wanted to hit up the abs a little bit. As I said, I am suffering from some soreness accumulated from yesterday's workout after a long hiatus. I have a ton of homework to do (I am in the last semester of my senior year of my undergraduate studies and am loaded down by twenty credit hours), so that very well may have been weighing on my mind and may have lessened the intensity (or, at least the length in time)of my workout.

I may still run or play basketball today.

In any case, here was today's routine:

After stretching, I began at 10:17 AM, weighing in at 200 lbs even.

Crunches: 50, 30, 30, 30, 30

Leg Lifts (on the incline sit-up board): 8, 8, 8, 8, 10

"Six Inches" (I do not know of a better name for this exercise. You lay on your back and hold your legs six inches off the ground. You keep your head and neck elevated and your hands under your lower back. I chose the name "Six Inches" because this phrase is repeatedly yelled at your while performing this exercise in the military - at least in my experience): (1 Minute Increments) 1, 1, 1, 1, 1

Crunches: 35, 30, 25, 25

Captain's Chair Knee Raises: 15, 15, 15, 15

I finished the workout at 10:55 and stretched to cool down.

This wasn't my most rigorous workout and I can not get over how much strength and stamina I have lost during my self-imposed hiatus. I feel like a slug and can?t wait to get back to feeling normal. It will be interesting to run again. At my best, I ran two miles in 10:47. I typically run two miles in 13 minutes. I can't imagine what abysmal time I would post now.

I definitely feel re-motivated to achieve new goals!
    Last edited by whiskeyboarder; 02-20-2009 at 08:47 AM. Reason: Formatting didn't transfer well from Word

Feb. 21, 2009

I ended up going for a short run yesterday afternoon. It was about two miles in length and my pace was pretty slow. I continue to be surprised my how sore I feel from Thursday?s workout and how low my fitness level has fallen after taking a bit of time off.

Speaking of taking time off; that is exactly what I did today. I drink once a week typically. We have a local bar that we like to hit up on Friday nights. So that?s what we did last night. It was two-for-one wells, which resulted in a decent little hangover today. So I am just taking it easy.

I look forward to a good night of sleep and getting something done tomorrow before I watch the race. Big Mark Martin fan.

Later

Sunday, Feb 22, 2009

If it weren't so damn motivating, it would certainly be frustrating to realize how low my fitness level has fallen because of a mere month or so of inactivity. I am more sore from 50 minutes of lifting than I used to get after two hours. It sucks. But it's the price that a guy pays for his own momentarily lack of dedication.

ANYWAY, I had a late start in the gym today. Because I hate working out in packed gyms, I typically get to the Rec Center on campus real early; about 7 in the morning. On Sundays, however, the gym doesn't open until 1 pm. So I have to play by their rules.

I have been consistently taking two scoops or 10 total grams of Creatine a day but haven't got to my dosing yet today. I did have a large breakfast and a protein shake. I had another shake after my workout and another small meal. I am trying to eat as consistently as possible.

One note: I try to maintain high intensity between sets and, in doing so, I relegate my rest to the periods between different exercises, not between sets. This explains why my weight occasionally drops significantly between sets.

After stretching, I began lifting at 1:50 pm.

Incline Dumbbell Press: (55's) 8, (65's) 8, 5, 4 (55's) 4, (45's) 8, 6

Deadlifts: (135) 10, (155) 6, 6, 6, (135) 6, 6

Assisted Pull-ups: (60 lbs) 8, 6, 4, (80 lbs) 8, 6, 8

DB Lunges (35s) 20, 20, 15, 15, 15, 15

I finished at 2:40 and stretched to cool down.

I am considering picking up a new digital camera when my tax refund comes in as my old camera was unfortunately stolen. If so, I'll start posting progress pics to this log.

Thanks for sticking with me.

Go Flyers! Mark Martin FTW in Fontana.
    Last edited by whiskeyboarder; 02-22-2009 at 12:31 PM. Reason: It's FEB, not September apparently lol

Monday, Feb. 23, 2009

Alright, ALL:

As I slowly get my body prepared to get back to my previous level of fitness and beyond, I had promised myself to limit the cardio in an effort to build some mass this time around. This probably isn't much of a problem for most, but running as a habit is a character flaw of mine. Seriously. Prior to my break, I had a resting heartbeat in the high forties and was running daily. Obviously, I really enjoy running.

However, the break did cause me to accumulate a bit of body fat that I am simply not comfortable with. So, in an effort to get rid of that without sacrificing too much gain in muscle, I am going to restrict my cardio to short-distances at high intensity. Meanwhile, I am eating small meals nearly constantly throughout the day.

My run tonight:

I jogged out to a local parking garage, about 3/4 of a mile away. In the parking garage, I ran sprints (all out) from one level to the next. I would sprint up a level, jog back down, and repeat. I did this ten times and jogged the 3/4 of a mile back to my apartment. No big deal.

Alright, I am going to try to get a better night of sleep than I got last night and hit up the gym early tomorrow morning. I have some lifts I am really excited to tackle.

Later!
    Run. Rave. Repeat.

Shattered leg Misc'n: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=121142611
    Celeb Misc'n: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=143424943

I have a blog, if you care to read it: autobiographyofsteve.blogspot.com

Wednesday, Feb 25, 2009

Yesterday, I didn?t lift but I did play an intramural basketball game.

This morning, however, I got back at it. I also added some supplements to my routine. I have been taking Iron-Tek Whey Protein and ON Creatine. I eliminated the creatine from my diet, because I have decided to cycle Epistane, an idea I have been toying with for a while. Because of the Epistane, I also added PrimaForce ProLiver to my dosing. I am going to run 30 MG of Epistane throughout the cycle and PCT with Reveristol and Post Cycle Support. About forty minutes prior to this morning?s workout, I took my first 20 MG of Epi. I?ll take the final 10 MG later in the afternoon. My diet consists of small meals throughout the day. I eat like a horse (if, indeed, horses eat a ****-ton).

Also, I have some experience with DS/PH, albeit limited. I had previously completed a cycle of Superdrol; probably a little over two years ago and experienced excellent results.

Alright, here is this morning?s workout:

After stretching, I begin lifting at 7:56 am.

Bench: (135) 10, (185) 8, (195) 3, (185) 4, 3 (155) 8

Deadlift: (135) 10, (155) 6, 6, 6, 6

Seated Dumbbell Shrug: (65?s) 10, (70?s) 10, 10, 10, 10 -Couldn?t increase weight because the 75 and 80 pound Dbs were in use

Leg Press: (360) 10, (450) 8, 8, 8

Barbell Rows: (115) 10, (135) 8, (155) 4, (135) 6, 6

I finished at 8:54 am and stretched to cool down.

I may not be lifting as much weight as I had prior to taking my self-imposed hiatus, nor do I lift as much as others in the gym, but I really felt awesome this morning. I was just happy to be in the gym, finished with a deep sweat, and ended feeling pretty thoroughly abused. Good times.

Go Flyers.
    Run. Rave. Repeat.

Thursday, Feb 26, 2009

I am posting this a day late, but oh well. For those paying close attention, throughout this post when I say "today" I am referring to Thursday.

I anticipated today being a light day. I wanted to get in the gym early and just hit the abs and let the upper body recover a bit. I had a feeling that I might want to throw in a couple of sets of curls and, ultimately, I did. I had to complete my workout pretty quick because I had to get back home and study for a mid-term.

Would you believe I am taking Hebrew?

Anyway:

After stretching, I started my workout at 7:11 AM.

Crunches: 50, 45, 40, 35

Decline Leg Lifts: 10, 10, 10, 10, 12

Bicycles 2 Count: 25, 25, 25, 25

Captain's Chair Knee Lifts: 15, 15, 15, 15

"Six Inches" Reference earlier workout above for exercise description: (1:30) 1, (1:15) 1, (1 min) 2

Barbell Preacher Curls: (75lbs) 8, (105lbs) 3, (95) 5, 3, (85lbs) 7

I finished my workout at 8:05 AM and stretched to cool down.
    Last edited by whiskeyboarder; 02-27-2009 at 08:10 AM. Reason: Bad formatting
    Run. Rave. Repeat.

Friday, Feb 27, 2009

Alright, I just finished my workout. I was excited to be in the gym and I felt pretty torn up when I left, but its really difficult to spend a lot of time in the gym with this ****ty semester weighing down on me. I have another mindterm today for an online class and have to spend the majority of the day making up for the material I've fallen behind on.

Oh well.

To some good news: I think I can make my first comment on the effect of Epistane. It's too early in the cycle to say anything too definitive. Also my observations are a bit skewed because I am also benefiting from positive muscle memory. I am quickly regaining much of the definition and size that I lost because of my self-imposed (and inexplicable) month of inactivity.

All of that aside, I can say that I believe that the Episteme is positively contributing to my increased vascularity. Even at my lowest body fat, I never demonstrated strong vascularity. And, during this cycle, I have consciously lowed the amount of cardio in order to maintain bulk. Consequently, my body fat shouldn?t fall as low as it had been previously. Despite all this my veins seem to be popping. This is a good thing.

One thing that I will be very cognitive of as I continue through the cycle; I fell victim to extremely painful backpumps during my Superdrol cycle. If I begin to feel these pains begin to spike up during this cycle, I will note that observation here.

Anyway. Prior to working out this morning, I took 20 MG Epistane.

Here is my workout:

After stretching, I began at 9:45 AM.

Squats: (135) 10, (185) 10, 10, 10

Bench: (135) 10, (185) 6, (195) 3, 3, 2, (155) 9, 6

DB Pullovers: (45lbs) 10, (55lbs) 7, (60lbs) 5, 5, 5

Lat Pulldowns: (105lbs) 10, (150lbs) 6, 6, 6, (142.5lbs) 6

Pushups: 20, 15, 10, 7, 5

I completed my workout at 10:33 AM and stretched to cool down.
    Run. Rave. Repeat.

Sunday, March 01, 2009

Just a quick update. For the most part, I am taking it easy for the weekend. Trying to catch up on some homework, etc. For motivational purposes, however, I will be forever more watching Youtube tribute videos to Brian Dawkins prior to my workouts while continually repeating., "F U Eagles Front Office!"

Yesterday, I did some light cardio. Reference an earlier workout to see why and how I am limiting my cardio. I jogged out to the parking garage and, as before, did 10 all-out sprints from one level of the garage to the level above.

Today is a dedicated rest day. Tomorrow morning, I anticipate going all out. Once I get paid circa the 5th, I might pick up a digital camera. I am making some progress, but not yet back to where I was prior to taking my month and a half off. I look forward to be able to add some pictures to flesh out this log a bit.

Thanks for keeping up.

Later
    Run. Rave. Repeat.

Monday, March 02, 2009

New Personal Records!

This morning's workout was phenomenal. Other than enjoying an unusually full night of sleep, I had no expectation upon entering the gym that this workout would be any more successful than any in the past. My first exercise, pullups, gave no such indication as I was only able to eek out an uninspiring small amount of reps.

However, when I transitioned to deadlifts, I was able to push myself well past prior weight limitations. When I started with the weight that I had previously thought to be my max, I felt myself hardly exerted. So I continually increased weight.

I tend to feel that I lift less weight than I should be able given my size and relatively athletic build. But after deadlifts today, I felt full of confidence. I have yet to reach anywhere near the levels that I believe I will be ultimately capable and, by all means, should be capable already. But I am making significant personal improvement and that is a hell of a feeling.

For those following along, I am cycling Epistane, of which I am dosing 30mg a day. I take 20mg prior to my workouts and the final 10mg in the afternoon. I have also improved my diet. I eat cleanly and continuously throughout the day. I actually contribute my gains this morning more to my current diet than to my supplementation. Based purely on conjecture, I would say that the Epistane contributed more to my euphoric feeling of confidence than it did to my actual progress in increasing weight.

ALSO: I did watch a very emotional Philadelphia Eagles tribute to Brian Dawking prior to working out. It is available here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CO-EekXOZC4.

That definitely had me stirred up before hitting the weights.

Here is this morning?s workout:

After stretching, I began lifting at 7:08 AM.

Pullups: 10, 6, 4, 4, 2

Incline DB Press: (50's) 10, (65's) 8, (70's) 5, 5, 3

Deadlifts (155) 10, (185) 8, (195) 6, 6, (215) 6 Personal record

Shoulder Press (Machine): (90lbs) 10, (160bs) 8, (180lbs) 4, (160lbs) 2

Leg Press: (410lbs) 10, (470lbs) 8, (490lbs) 6, 6, 8 Personal record

Pushups: 22, 18, 12, 8, 5

I completed lifting at 8:17 and stretched to cool down.
    Run. Rave. Repeat.

Tuesday, March 03, 2009

After yesterday's successful workout, I wanted to do something a bit more tame today. Before I took my hiatus (as I have found myself referring to my month and a half off from working out), I was lifting about two hours/day and running daily. As I love to run so much, I often ran more than once a day and for considerable distances each time.

The point in noting all of this: I am making a conscious effort during this workout cycle to rest my body. I don't necessarily feel that I overtrained before. But I did suffer from a poor diet and a less than adequate sleep cycle. While any of one of those influences may have affected my physical development, I am going to trying to eliminate all non-positive influencing factors so as to maximize this period of working out.

So, BLUF, I'm sleeping more fully, eating much more cleanly and more often, and also training less. I have never tried the latter of these, so I have never experienced the results of working out less. Everything so far is so good. So we shall see; time will tell.

All of that being said, I just did abs (generally) this morning. Here was my workout.

After stretching, I began to lift at 8:09 AM.

Crunches: 60, 50, 40, 30, 20

Incline Leg Raises: 8, 8, 8, 10, 12

Bicycles: (2 count) 25, 25, 25, 25

Cpt's Chair Knee Raises: 20, 20, 20, 20

Alright, I have no idea what this exercise is called, but I held a barbell behind my back with my fingertips and rolled it up into my palms to exercise my forearms: (70lbs) 20, (90lbs) 12, 10, 10, 10

Standing Calf Raisers (Machine): (140lbs) 10, (200lbs) 10, (230lbs) 8, 8, 8

I finished lifting at 9:03 AM and stretched to cool down.
    Run. Rave. Repeat.

Wednesday, March 04, 2009

Another solid workout this morning; nothing too special to note, other than I continue to feel a confidence level that is nearly euphoric in nature. I don't know if I can strictly contribute this phenomenon to the Epistane, but whatever is causing this general and constant feeling, it is definitely welcomed.

Here was this morning's routine.

After stretching, I began to lift at 8:13 AM.

Pullups: 11, 3, transitioned to the assisted pullup machine (60lbs) 6, 6, 6

Squats: (185lbs) 10, (215lbs) 8, 6, 6, 6

Seated Cable Rows: (140lbs) 10, (170lbs) 8, (180lbs) 7, 6, 6

Dips: 12, 8, 6, 6, 4

Barbell Upright Rows: (80lbs) 10, (100lbs) 6, 6, (90lbs) 6, 8

Finished at 8:57 AM and stretched to cool down.
    Run. Rave. Repeat.

Thursday, March 05, 2009

I had another good workout this morning. I made gains in regards to increasing weight. However, it wasn't the same as the other day when I set personal records. During that workout, I made no conscious effort to set personal records; it just happened. This morning, however, I made a conscious effort to increase weights throughout my workout, which is something I am going to continue to attempt to do from now on.

Here is this morning's workout:

After stretching, I began lifting at 8:05 AM.

Bench: (135) 10, (205) 6, 3, 3, (185) 5, (1750 6, 5

Deadlift: (215) 6, (225) 6, (235) 6, 6, 5 I have to admit that this final set KILLED me

Seated DB Shrugs: (65s) 10, (80s) 10, (90s) 10, 10, 10

Cable One-Arm Lateral Raises: (30lbs) 10ea, (50lbs) 6ea, (40lbs) 8ea, 8ea, 8ea

Pushups: 25, 18, 13, 10

I completed my workout at 9:03 AM.

Over the weekend, I intend to write a fuller, more reflective report describing gains that I have made and analyzing my early experience with Epistane. Thanks for following!
    Run. Rave. Repeat.

Sunday, March 08, 2009

I am sorry I slacked the past few days with this log. Presently, that doesn't seem to matter as I have no subscribers. LOL. But, for the convenience of those folks that should decide to read this in retrospect, I'll go ahead and explain my absence.

I had a friend from Pittsburgh come down for the weekend. He's a cool kid. But did I mention I hate Pittsburgh? Because I should. I am originally from Philly and, because I am a diehard Flyers fan, I hate the city that is home to Sydney Crosby and company. Furthermore, I go to the University of South Florida now and am crazy passionate about college football. Weinstadt's crew has been a thorn in the Bulls' side, at least last year. So screw them. LOL.

But we had a good time. I skipped working out yesterday (Saturday) because of my friend's visit, but got back at it today. The last day I was in the gym was Thursday. I finished that day with a marathon hoops session. And then on Friday, I hoped a girlfriend move. So I don't feel completely behind the power curve.

In any case, I continue to make gains. I am increasing my weights at nearly every exercise. I am also putting on size quicker than I have ever before. I attribute much of this to muscle memory. However, I think I am having greater success than normal. This is probably caused by some combination of my Epistane cycle (30mg a day), a more balanced diet, better rest patterns, and the fact that I am really focusing on big, compound lifts.

Here is what I did today:

After stretching, I began lifting at 1:29 PM.

Pullups: 12, 5 (Because I am unreasonably weak at pullups, I transitioned to the weight assisted pullup machine and did the rest with sixty pounds help): 10, 8, 8, 6

Barbell Rows: (155lbs) 8, (165lbs) 6, 5, (145lbs) 6, 6, 8

Squats: (215lbs) 10, (225lbs) 8, 8, 6, 8

Shoulder press (Machine) (160lbs) 10, (190lbs) 6, 5, 4, (160lbs) 4

Pushups: 25, 15, 13, 10, 10, 10

I finished at 2:35 PM.

I would recommend anyone interested to check out my BodySpace. The graphs there depict my increases in lifting ability pretty well. I really intend to get pics up soon.

Thanks for following!
    Run. Rave. Repeat.

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

I couldn't find time to post yesterday. I did not go to the gym yesterday as planned. I, instead, did some cardio. If you have followed this log, you should be familiar with my cardio routine. I jog out to a local paking garage and then do ten wind sprints between garage levels. I then jog back. Notable yesterday is how sore my entire body was. Before my hiatus, I was working out and running daily with no problem. Yesterday, however, running was a chore. I think the squats from the day before had taken their toll.

I should also note that I visited the local wing joint for their "All You Can Eat" night and pigged out.

I woke up this morning still fairly sore. Because of it, I decided to forego the typical compound lifts that I normally do, for a more isolation-lift orientated routine. Once I got going, I was getting some real strong pumps. I definitely did not want to leave the gym.

I want to say that my initial reaction to the Epistane is that it is working. However, it is MUCH less powerful than Superdrol. During my Superdrol cycle a couple of years back, I was really hitting it hard in the gym, but I was also experiencing an array of sides that I find absent on the Epistane. In fact, I suffered from nearly debilitating backpumps on Superdrol. They were actually a bitch; but in some weird way, they provided reassurance that the supplement was working. I also developed bad back acne during my Superdrol cycle. Neither of those sides are present during this Epistane cycle.

Here is this morning's workout.

After stretching, I begin to lift at 8:11 AM.

Dumbbell Incline Press: (50s) 10, (75s) 6, 6, 6, 5

Dumbbell Pullovers: (50lbs) 8, (70lbs) 6, (75lbs) 6, 6, (80lbs) 5

Calf Raisers (Machine): (180lbs) 10, (230lbs) 10, (250lbs) 10, (270lbs) 8, 8, (290lbs) 6

Dips: 15, 8, 6, 5, 5

Barbell Preacher Curls: (75lbs) 8, (105lbs) 5, 3, 3, (85lbs) 6, 6

I finished at 9:07 AM and stretched to cool down.

Thanks for following!
    Run. Rave. Repeat.

Tuesday, March 24, 2009

I apologize for some interruption in this log. Although, I'll forsake that apology for the experiences I had in return. I just spent the week in Daytona, enjoying Spring Break. I go to school in Florida so some of this is not new to me. But Daytona was crazy. What a wild time.

In any case, during the break, I was only able to use to resort's ?fitness? center intermittently. And then, upon returning, I immediately caught a cold which couldn't have had anything to do with the late nights and mass amounts of alcohol consumed during the previous week.

It's cool. I'm getting over it. I hit the gym this morning and, to my surprise, hadn't lost too much strength. Here are my results.

I began lifting at 8:03 AM.

Pullups: 10, 6, 5, 5

Bench: (145) 10, (205) 5, (215) 3, 3, (195) 6, 5, 3

Barbell Rows: (135) 10, (175) 6, (185) 5, (165) 6, 6, 6

Leg Press: (450) 10, (520) 6, 6, 6, 6

DB Shoulder Shrugs (seated): (90s) 10, (105s) 8, 8, 8, 6

I finished lifting at 8:59.

Despite a lingering cold, I was AMPED to be in the gym. Unfortunately, I couldn't do deadlifts nor squats as their areas were being used and I simply don't have time to wait on equipment because of a hectic class-load this semester. I will probably add deadlifts and, perhaps, curls to my ab workout tomorrow morning.

Thanks for following along.
    Run. Rave. Repeat.

Wednesday, March 4, 2009

This morning's workout was efficient. I had to get back and finish up some homework before class. It was really scheduled to be a rest day, but I wanted to hit abs quick and do the set of deadlifts that I was unable to do yesterday because the equipment was being used.

Here's how it went.

Crunches: 70, 65, 60, 55

Deadlifts: (205lbs) 8, (255lbs) 6, (265lbs) 4, (255lbs) 4, (225lbs) 8, 6

Bicycle situps (2 count): 50, 25, 25, 25, 40

Barbell Preacher Curls: (95lbs) 6, (105lbs) 4, (95lbs) 6, 6

And that's it. If my day remains fairly free, I?ll post an extensive review of my Epistane cycle with thoughts, results, etc. I have an abridged version posted on my BodySpace under "Supplement Review".
    Run. Rave. Repeat.

Thursday March 26, 2009

I was so amped to go to the gym today. I don?t know why, but I was just ready to go. Here's my workout:

I started 2:43 PM.

Shoulder Press (machine): (160lbs) 10, (210) 6, 4, 3, (180) 6

Squats: (205) 10, (245) 6, 6, 6, 6

Dumbbell Pullovers: (70) 10, (80) 6, 5, 5, 5

Dumbbell Wrist Curls (Behind the Back): (30lbs) 20ea, (35lbs) 15ea, 15ea, 15ea

Cable Rows: (120) 10, (160) 6, (190) 6, (200) 6, 6

Pushups: 25, 18, 15, 12, 10

Sorry I am not adding more effort to this log tonight, I am busy watching Duke / Villanova.
    Run. Rave. Repeat.

Sunday, March 29, 2009

It was a busy weekend and, because of it, I was unable to update my log until now. It was also an incredible weekend; I will never regret moving to Florida, that's for sure. I lived in North Dakota of all places during high school and while I enjoyed a grill out at the pool behind my place yesterday, my friends back in the homeland were struggling were floods and blizzards. I have it so good down here.

In any case, despite most of my weekend being dedicated to vices not so nourishing (and despite my absence from this log), I did find time to get some physical activity in. On Friday, I played full court basketball which was plenty of cardio for the week since I am trying to gain mass after all.

On Saturday, I went to the gym and had all the energy in the world, given that I was going to be able to display my gains at the pool party directly after. Sunday was a rest day.

Here is Saturday's workout.

I began lifting at 1:20 PM.

Barbell Rows: (135lbs) 10, (195) 6, 5, 5, (165) 8, 6

Incline Dumbbell Press: (60s) 10, (80s) 8, 7, 6, 6

Barbell Liftups: (80lbs) 10, (100) 6, (110) 6, 6, 8

Weighted Bear Crawls (I bear crawl with my toes locked into a 35lb weight that I drag on the floor behind me. I count making it down the length of a twenty-five foot hallway as one repetition) A set of 6

Lat Pulldowns: (150lbs) 10, (190) 5, 5, 5

I finished at 2:17.

Despite coming off Epistene (I now sup with Reveristol), I have continually increased weight in every exercise I perform. I am making some real positive gains.
    Run. Rave. Repeat.

Monday, March 30, 2009

Kinda like my workout this morning, I have to make this quick. I have to make it to class and, afterward, the end of semester blues are going to have me down. You would think graduation in May would be a reward, but why in hell would I want to leave college?

I began lifting at 8:10 AM

Bench: (185) 10, (225) 4, 3, 3 (185) 8, 8

Squats: (185) 10, (255) 6, 6, (235) 6, 8

Behind the Back Barbbell Shrugs: (80lbs) 10, (110lbs) 10, (125lbs) 10, (165lbs) 6, 8, 6 I hadn't done this lift in a while and was unsure of how much I could lift consistently, so I had to do some adjusting

Pushups: 30, 22, 18, 14, 12, 10

I finished at 9:05 AM

I am satisfied that I am still increasing weights, especially in all my compound lifts.
    Run. Rave. Repeat.

Wednesday, April 01, 2009

I took yesterday as a rest day. I just felt like my body needed it. Although I felt like an ass all day because I didn?t work out on a day that I had originally intended to do so, I think I was actually better off for the rest.

I got back into the gym today. Before I describe this morning's routine, I just want to point out for whatever it's worth that I have switched from IronTek Whey to Optimum Nutrition (my preferred choice). I usually order from either here or another online retailer, but the local Vitamin shop had a killer deal. 38 bucks for the big tub plus 10% off with my college discount. And no shipping, obviously. I went with the cookies and cream flavor which I hadn't tried before. The taste is pretty solid. My only complaint is that the powder is grainy like sugar and, for whatever reason, I prefer my protein powders more powdery like flour. This is the only flavor of ON protein that I have noticed to be more grainy like this.

In any case, here is this morning's workout. BTW, I woke up incredibly tired despite getting a solid night of sleep. This didn't seem to affect my work out though. I am still supp'ing Reversitol as part of my PCT after an Epistane cycle.

Began at 8:07 AM

Deadlifts: (225lbs) 6, (275) 5, 4, 4, 4 This is an increase in weight which I try to do whenever possible. However, I think I might plateau here for a while until I can lift this amount of weight more consistently

Cable Rows: (165) 10, (210) 6, (217.5) 6, 6, 6

Assisted Pullups (machine - 60lbs assistance): 10, 8, 8, 6, 6

Lunges with two 40lb DBs: 15 down / 15 back, 12 down / 12 back, 15 down / 15 back

Dips: 15, 8, 6, 8, 6

Finished at 9:07 AM
    Last edited by whiskeyboarder; 04-01-2009 at 06:58 AM. Reason: I guess you can't name other online supplement retailers
    Run. Rave. Repeat.

Thursday, April 02, 2009

Today was abs day and I feel like I hit them pretty hard. I actually feel like I worked my hip flexors the most, but in any case, it was a good workout. The only non-abdominal workout that I added was some calf-raisers as I feel that body part of mine is often neglected.

Here's this morning?s routine.

I began at 8:04 AM.

Crunches: 75, 65, 55, 45

Decline Bench Leg Raises: 10, 10, 10, 10, 12

Weight Bear Crawl described in a previous workout: (35lbs) 30 steps down / 30 back X 3

Captain's Chair Leg Lifts: 22, 18, 15, 15, 15

Bicycles: (2 count) 25, 25, 25

Standing Calf Raisers (Machine): (180lbs) 10, (230) 8, 8, 8, 6

Finished at 9:06 AM
    Run. Rave. Repeat.

I had been busy this weekend finishing my thesis. By finishing, I mean writing about fifty pages of it. Somehow that didn't prevent me from working out. Nor did it stop by from going out on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday nights. But that's a different story.

Here were my routines. I am still increasing weights. I feel awesome!

Friday, April 03, 2009

Bench: (185) 10, (225) 7, (235) 4, (225) 5, 4

Barbell Rows: (155) 10, (205) 4, 4, (185) 6, 6

Lateral Shoulder Raises (Cable): (30lbs) 10ea, (65lbs) 8ea, 6ea, (60lbs) 5ea, (40lbs) 10ea

Dumbbell Pullovers: (60lbs) 10, (85lbs) 6, 6, 4, 5

Behind the Back Barbbell Shrugs: (100lbs) 10, (155) 8, 8, 6, 6

Pushups: 30, 20, 15, 12, 10

And here is Saturday's workout

Shoulder Press (Machine): (160lbs) 10, (220) 6, 5, 3 (200) 4

Preacher Barbbell Curls: (85lbs) 8, (105) 5, 4, 3, (95) 5

Cable Rows: (150lbs) 10, (210) 6, 6, 6, 6

Dumbbell Shrugs: (80s) 10, (105s) 8, 8, 8, 8

Behind the Back Forearm Curls (Dumbbell): (35lbs) 30ea, (40lbs) 15ea, 12ea, 11ea

Tricep Pushdown (Rope): (60lbs) 10, (70lbs) 6, 6, 5, 5

Alright, I am about to the hit the gym now. I'll update today's routine tonight after completing some homework; it never ends.
    Last edited by whiskeyboarder; 04-06-2009 at 09:54 AM. Reason: formatting
    Run. Rave. Repeat.

Monday, April 06, 2009

I took a break from the gym today, but hit it pretty hard yesterday. Actually, it wasn't the lifting that got me, but the hour of basketball afterwards coupled with the Deadlifts and Leg Presses that left my legs feeling pretty shot.

I had ample motivation. Instead of pregaming for the gym with my typical play list, I just listened to Braveheart's motivational monologue.

And chugged an espresso.

Here's the routine.

I began lifting at 1:22 PM.

Incline Dumbbell Press: (70s) 8, (80s) 7, 7, 4, 4 I was really disappointed that I couldn't increase weight on this lift from my previous best. I curled on Saturday. As I hardly ever do isolation lifts of that sort, I think it contributed to me not increasing my Incline Press this time around.

Deadlifts: (225lbs) 8, (285) 6, 5, 4, 5

Leg Press: (360lbs) 10, (540) 8, 7, 6, 6

Barbbell Liftups: (80lbs) 10, (110) 10, 8, 6, 6, I probably could have increased weight on this lift and will next time. However, 110 is the maximum weight of the barbbells my gym has that come preset. I guess I lacked the motivation to actually stack plates on a regular barbbell.

I finished lifting at 2:10 because my lifting partner really wanted to shoot hoops. So I played basketball from that point until 3 PM.

Funny, disappointing, and somewhat embarrassing story. As I was dead lifting, I was totally being eyed by an incredibly attractive girl who was doing lunges behind me. She had the sexy ass-grabbing volleyball shorts on and a body to fill everything out. My friend commented to me about her glances. She even came over and briefly talked to me while I was leg pressing, but because I feared that I might ask her something stupid, like if she comes her often or something else ridiculous, I was totally unable to seal the deal.

My bad.
    Run. Rave. Repeat.

All:

Sorry for my absence from posting to my workout log during the past week. There has been several contributing factors to this: most notably, my roommate's 21st that lasted about half a week involved limos, MacDinton's and Prana in south Tampa, girls, and general craziness. Combine that with the fact that I have had to complete my thesis and finish up the rest of 20 credits of course work in order to graduate this semester, and I am sure you can understand why I have had less than adequate time to post updates here.

But I have been in the gym. I am maintaining strength for the most part, leveling out actually. I ended my PCT for my Epistane cycle a week or so ago and am only currently supp'ing with Creatine and Protein now. My lifestyle has not been conducive to maintaining good health, that's for sure. But I am doing my best.

But I have been in the gym. So here the last few workouts that I have failed to post.

Wednesday, April 06, 2009

Squats: (205) 10, (275) 8, (285) 6, 6, 6

Cable Rows: (160) 10, (180) 6, 6, 6, 5

Lat Pulldowns: (140) 10, (180) 6, 6, 6, 6

Hammer Curls: (30lbs) 10ea, (40lbs) 6ea, (45lbs) 6 ea, 5ea

Dips: 18, 11, 7, 7, 6

Pushups: 20, 15, 10, 10

April 13, 2009

Bench: (205) 8, (225) 4, 3, (205) 5, 5, 4

Barbbell Rows: (185) 8, (205) 6, 6, 5, 5

Lunges: (2- 45lb Dbs) 15 up / 15 back, 15u/15b, 15u/15b

Dumbbell Pullovers: (70lbs) 8, (85) 6, 5, 5, 4

Assisted Pullups - Machine- (60lbs assistance) 10, 10, 8, 6

April 16, 2009

Bench: (185) 10, (205) 6, (225) 3, 2, (205) 4, 4, (185) 5, 5

Deadlifts: (205) 8, (285) 6, 6, 3, (225) 8, 8

Seated DB Shrugs: (75s) 10, (105) 10, 8, 6, 6, 6

Lat Pulldowns: (150) 10, (180) 6, 6, 6, 6

Barbell Liftups: (80lbs) 10, (110) 7, 6, 6

I am so pumped to get back in the gym tomorrow. A new girl in my life has been occupying a lot of time, thus I have missed the last few days again. So, BRAHS, no pics. Lol. But she digs the body so I am crazy to work on it for her. Refrain from comments on my lame motivation source. haha.
    Run. Rave. Repeat.

Sunday, April 19, 2009

After missing a couple of days, I hit the gym up pretty hard today. I was highly pumped. I might be able to contribute that to the good night of sleep or maybe the Americano I drank on the way to the gym. Who knows? Actually, I think I know what it was: I keep watching that trailer to Terminator Salvation with NIN's "The Day the Whole World Went Away" in the background; fires me up.

Anyway.

I started lifting at 1:17 PM

Shoulder Press -machine-: (160lbs) 10, (230) 7, 5, 4, (200) 5, 4

Incline DB Press: (65s) 8, (75s) 6, 5 (65s) 6, 5

Squats: (205) 10, (270) 5, (245) 5, 8, 6, 8

Dumbbell Pullovers: (65lbs) 10, (85) 6, 5, (70) 6, 6

Weighted Bear Crawls I drag a 45 lb plate with my toes, while bear crawling in a carpeted hallway. Each step forward with a hand is a "rep". 30 up / 30 back, 30u/30b, 40u/40b

Preacher Barbell Curls: (75lbs) 10, (95) 5, (105) 4, (95) 6, 6, 5

I finished at 2:49.

I highly suggest incorporating those bear crawls into your workout. Great compound exercise and really tears up the abs!
    Run. Rave. Repeat.

Monday, April 20, 2009

I felt epic in the gym today. No good reason why. My sleep pattern, most notably, has been erratic at best. So I don't know what accounts for the motivation in the gym. But, of course, I like it.

Here was today?s routine:

I began lifting at 2:07 PM

Crunches: 80, 70, 60, 50

Lat Pulldowns: (150lbs) 10, (180) 6, (190) 6, (200) 5, 5, (160) 10

Leg Press: (360lbs) 10, (540) 6, 6, 6, (410) 10, 12

Cable Rows: (180lbs) 10, (225) 6, 6, 6, (190) 8

Decline Leg Lifts: 12, 12, 12, 12

Pushups: 30, 15, 15, 15

I finished at 3:17 PM
    Run. Rave. Repeat.

Wednesday, April 22, 2009

I have no idea how I managed a workout today. I seriously had three hours of sleep last night; great for the muscle development. Who cares? One more class and a few more assignments completed and I am a freaking college graduate!

I began lifting at 1:48 PM

Shoulder Lateral Raises - Cable - (45lbs) 10ea, (55) 6ea, 6ea, 6ea (45) 10ea, 10ea

Chinups: 10, 6, 6, 5, 5, 4

Deadlifts: (225lbs) 8, (275) 6, (245) 6, 6, 6, (225) 6

Weighted Bear Crawls See previous workout in this log for exercise description (45lbs) 40 up / 40 back, 40u/40b, 40u/40b

Hammer Curls: (30lbs) 10ea, (45) 6ea, 6ea, 6ea

Dips: 20, 10, 6, 6, 6

Finished lifting at 3:03 PM
    Run. Rave. Repeat.

Monday, April 27, 2009

I'm writing this in a bit of a rush. I have a ton to do today. This is the week of my collegiate graduation and I still have a final essay to write, a new girlfriend (sorta - I'll throw the story in the Misc sometime), and plenty of partying to do.

I haven't been slacking on my working out. I did, however, lose the note card that I recorded my workout on a few days ago. So that accounts for any lapse in this log. I have been so amazingly busy lately that I have been maintaining the world's worst diet. But, somehow, this has worked itself out into an ad-hoc cutting period. So my strength gains may be plateauing, but I am seeing serious increased definition.

Not a bad trade off given my hectic schedule. I am about to hit the gym now. Here is my workout from last night.

I began lifting at 7:04PM.

Crunches: 90, 80, 70

Squats: (205lbs) 10, (265) 8, (275) 8, (285) 6, 6, (245) 12

Lat Pulldowns: (150lbs) 10, (210) 6, 5, 6, (180) 8, 10

Behind the Back, Barbell Shrugs: (110lbs) 10, (145) 10, (205) 8, 8, 6, 7

Weighted Bear Craws: See past routines for a description of this exercise. It has seriously become my favorite core move, and I implement into nearly every workout. It's a killer. : 50up / 50 back, 50u/50b, 50u/50b

Dumbbell Pullovers: (60lbs) 8, (85) 6, 5, (70) 8, 8, 8

I finished lifting at 8:31 PM
    Run. Rave. Repeat.