GSXR_Chris is on a distinguished road. (+10) GSXR_Chris is on a distinguished road. (+10) GSXR_Chris is on a distinguished road. (+10) GSXR_Chris is on a distinguished road. (+10) GSXR_Chris is on a distinguished road. (+10) GSXR_Chris is on a distinguished road. (+10) GSXR_Chris is on a distinguished road. (+10) GSXR_Chris is on a distinguished road. (+10) GSXR_Chris is on a distinguished road. (+10) GSXR_Chris is on a distinguished road. (+10) GSXR_Chris is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Need some good chicken marinade ideas for my cutting diet

I'm doing a well structured cutting diet here to get leaner. I realize I could eat the chicken without any marinade but that seems a little to intense for me. I want it to taste somewhat good but still be healthy.

Most of the marinades that involve any sort of oil are extremely high in calories and sugar. I'm trying to find something that will make the chicken more tasty but at the same time be suitable for a cutting diet.

Anyone out there got any good chicken marinade recipes?

Also while we're on this subject I've noticed that a marinade my say it has a large amount of calories but is there some sort of math equation for actually figuring out how many of those calories/sugar/carbs/etc end up in the chicken.

Common sense tells me that not all of those calories, carbs, etc are going to end up in the chicken you're marinading...
    NASM & ACE Certified Personal Trainer

Personal Stats:

Height: 5'8
    Weight: 220lbs
    Bodyfat: 9.9%
    www.********.com/chrisjum

xPrISM has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xPrISM has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xPrISM has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xPrISM has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xPrISM has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xPrISM has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xPrISM has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Stubb's Marinade

Go. Buy it now. Seriously.
    The key to my exercise program is this one simple truth: I hate my body. Do you understand that the second you look in the mirror and you're happy with what you see, baby you've just lost the battle. - Perry Cox

Djin is just really nice. (+1000) Djin is just really nice. (+1000) Djin is just really nice. (+1000) Djin is just really nice. (+1000) Djin is just really nice. (+1000) Djin is just really nice. (+1000) Djin is just really nice. (+1000) Djin is just really nice. (+1000) Djin is just really nice. (+1000) Djin is just really nice. (+1000) Djin is just really nice. (+1000)
    I make my own.

Extra virgin olive oil, Chili powder, red pepper, onion, garlic, salt, apple cider vinegar, brown sugar, cinnamon... SO GOOD!

It's good on pork too. The sugar glazes the damn chicken... OH! I also put honey on it half way through to cook through the chicken. It's amazing.

Rodum has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rodum has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rodum has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rodum has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rodum has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rodum has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rodum has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rodum has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rodum has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Last edited by Rodum; 02-18-2009 at 12:35 PM.

GSXR_Chris is on a distinguished road. (+10) GSXR_Chris is on a distinguished road. (+10) GSXR_Chris is on a distinguished road. (+10) GSXR_Chris is on a distinguished road. (+10) GSXR_Chris is on a distinguished road. (+10) GSXR_Chris is on a distinguished road. (+10) GSXR_Chris is on a distinguished road. (+10) GSXR_Chris is on a distinguished road. (+10) GSXR_Chris is on a distinguished road. (+10) GSXR_Chris is on a distinguished road. (+10) GSXR_Chris is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Djin View Post
    I make my own.

Extra virgin olive oil, Chili powder, red pepper, onion, garlic, salt, apple cider vinegar, brown sugar, cinnamon... SO GOOD!

It's good on pork too. The sugar glazes the damn chicken... OH! I also put honey on it half way through to cook through the chicken. It's amazing.
    Wanna give me the recipe for that? =]

Personal Stats:

Originally Posted by xPrISM View Post
    Stubb's Marinade

Go. Buy it now. Seriously.
    Holy cow... Talk about some nice marinade. I'm SOOOO ordering some of this! Reps for you!

Personal Stats:

Djin is just really nice. (+1000) Djin is just really nice. (+1000) Djin is just really nice. (+1000) Djin is just really nice. (+1000) Djin is just really nice. (+1000) Djin is just really nice. (+1000) Djin is just really nice. (+1000) Djin is just really nice. (+1000) Djin is just really nice. (+1000) Djin is just really nice. (+1000) Djin is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by GSXR_Chris View Post
    Wanna give me the recipe for that? =]
    I don't use a time to cook my chicken in the oven, I use look.

In a glass pan I coat the bottom with the extra virgin olive oil. Then it's just a matter of taste. I like cinnamon so I'll spinkle enough to cover the oil and then put a little brown sugar in, then add the chili pepper, red pepper, onion, salt and garlic to taste. I'll put a table spoon or two of the apple cider vinegar. I'll then take the chicken and just flop it around to get it covered.

Throw that bitch in the oven for 350 degrees untill cooked. Personally I have no IDEA how long it takes to cook. I'm always looking at it and I cut it open to see when it's not pink. Also through the cooking progress, about half way I'll fork the hell out of the breast and throw some of the juices on top of the chicken, and then in the cut you made from looking at the chicken, glob some honey in the middle, throw back in the oven.

It comes out SOOOO juicy and taste is amazing. The cinnamon and honey makes the house smell amazing too. Calories? Who knows. Who cares.

It's almost a sweet and spicy, but it works well with all the flavors. I got bored and started to fart around at the grocery store and bought a ton of herbs and spices.

onepoint is on a distinguished road. (+10) onepoint is on a distinguished road. (+10) onepoint is on a distinguished road. (+10) onepoint is on a distinguished road. (+10) onepoint is on a distinguished road. (+10) onepoint is on a distinguished road. (+10) onepoint is on a distinguished road. (+10) onepoint is on a distinguished road. (+10) onepoint is on a distinguished road. (+10) onepoint is on a distinguished road. (+10) onepoint is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Though not exactly a marinade, I recently picked up some House of Tsang 'Szechuan Spicy' Stir-fry Sauce. The nutritional breakdown isn't exactly outstanding, but dipping cooked plain chicken breast pieces into it was absolutely outstanding.

What I'm still wondering though is if anyone knows how much of the marinade the chicken absorbs when you marinade it.

Lets say your marinade has 300 calories in it... I'm assuming if you marinade a chicken breast in it for 2 hours it's obviously not going to soak up the entire 300 calories...

Having said that I am finding it almost impossible to count my calories and measure my nutrients when I don't know how to count the marinade. Anyone have any insight on this?

Personal Stats:

DJSTARER is just really nice. (+1000) DJSTARER is just really nice. (+1000) DJSTARER is just really nice. (+1000) DJSTARER is just really nice. (+1000) DJSTARER is just really nice. (+1000) DJSTARER is just really nice. (+1000) DJSTARER is just really nice. (+1000) DJSTARER is just really nice. (+1000) DJSTARER is just really nice. (+1000) DJSTARER is just really nice. (+1000) DJSTARER is just really nice. (+1000)
    it's tough to know man

the same problem exists when cooking ground meats. U never know how much fat is leaving the meat.

The best way to know what ur eating is to either drink the extra in the pan (or scrape it off to eat) or wipe it up with some ezekiel 4:9 (that's what I do with my extra coconut oil).

honestly though, the amount won't hurt or hinder your progress. Just eat smart and train hard.

BiggJohn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BiggJohn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BiggJohn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BiggJohn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BiggJohn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BiggJohn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BiggJohn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BiggJohn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BiggJohn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BiggJohn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BiggJohn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Korean-...de/Detail.aspx

I sub splenda for sugar. This stuff is kick azz.

Originally Posted by DJSTARER View Post
    it's tough to know man

the same problem exists when cooking ground meats. U never know how much fat is leaving the meat.

The best way to know what ur eating is to either drink the extra in the pan (or scrape it off to eat) or wipe it up with some ezekiel 4:9 (that's what I do with my extra coconut oil).

honestly though, the amount won't hurt or hinder your progress. Just eat smart and train hard.
    Gotcha... I just wanted to see if there was a way to know but it sounds like it's just a give or take thing. Thanks for the sound advice!

Personal Stats:

This is my favorite recipe for chicken breast by far...

http://www.recipezaar.com/7682

Try it and you'll thank me ten times over, trust me =]

Personal Stats:

dimasso69 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dimasso69 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dimasso69 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dimasso69 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dimasso69 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dimasso69 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dimasso69 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dimasso69 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dimasso69 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dimasso69 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dimasso69 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    as for how much is use all i could think of is weigh the chicken before and weigh it after..see if it's heavier and how much then ull figure out how many grams of the marinade was soaked in..i think that's the closest way..do like an experiment have 3oz raw chicken weigh beforecook weigh after if there's a difference (no marinade) then do it with the marinade

as for good marinades i love olive oil tumeric vinegar garlic and oregano and when i cook it i throw diced onions and fresh salsa

also seasame oil lemon juice lime juice to give it a citrusy flavor as a marinade

or beer..it tastes good in some samuel adams boston lagar lol

check this site out http://bodybuilding.about.com/od/hea...kenrecipes.htm

hope that helps
    "Whether you think you can, or you think you can't, you're right!"-Henry Ford

LiftBig315 is a name known to all. (+5000) LiftBig315 is a name known to all. (+5000) LiftBig315 is a name known to all. (+5000) LiftBig315 is a name known to all. (+5000) LiftBig315 is a name known to all. (+5000) LiftBig315 is a name known to all. (+5000) LiftBig315 is a name known to all. (+5000) LiftBig315 is a name known to all. (+5000) LiftBig315 is a name known to all. (+5000) LiftBig315 is a name known to all. (+5000) LiftBig315 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I usually cook my chickin in a light olive oil with a splash of vinegar and soy sauce....turns out good
    315x4 (7/23/14) - Goal 365
    330x6 (7/24/14) - Goal 435
    485 (7/7/14) - Goal 505

beginnerbutold is not very well liked. (-100) beginnerbutold is not very well liked. (-100) beginnerbutold is not very well liked. (-100) beginnerbutold is not very well liked. (-100) beginnerbutold is not very well liked. (-100) beginnerbutold is not very well liked. (-100) beginnerbutold is not very well liked. (-100) beginnerbutold is not very well liked. (-100) beginnerbutold is not very well liked. (-100) beginnerbutold is not very well liked. (-100) beginnerbutold is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by URaDONKEY View Post
    I usually cook my chickin in a light olive oil with a splash of vinegar and soy sauce....turns out good
    what type of vinegar? apple cider/white/or?

LiftBig315 is a name known to all. (+5000) LiftBig315 is a name known to all. (+5000) LiftBig315 is a name known to all. (+5000) LiftBig315 is a name known to all. (+5000) LiftBig315 is a name known to all. (+5000) LiftBig315 is a name known to all. (+5000) LiftBig315 is a name known to all. (+5000) LiftBig315 is a name known to all. (+5000) LiftBig315 is a name known to all. (+5000) LiftBig315 is a name known to all. (+5000) LiftBig315 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by beginnerbutold View Post
    what type of vinegar? apple cider/white/or?
    just white
    315x4 (7/23/14) - Goal 365
    330x6 (7/24/14) - Goal 435
    485 (7/7/14) - Goal 505

Bronze Account Holder Whomper107's Avatar
    Whomper107 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Whomper107 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Whomper107 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Whomper107 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Whomper107 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Whomper107 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Whomper107 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Whomper107 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Whomper107 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Whomper107 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Whomper107 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by GSXR_Chris View Post
    What I'm still wondering though is if anyone knows how much of the marinade the chicken absorbs when you marinade it.

Lets say your marinade has 300 calories in it... I'm assuming if you marinade a chicken breast in it for 2 hours it's obviously not going to soak up the entire 300 calories...

Having said that I am finding it almost impossible to count my calories and measure my nutrients when I don't know how to count the marinade. Anyone have any insight on this?
    Measure how much marinade you add, and compare it to how much remains in the bag before cooking. You could also weigh the meat before and after, as someone else said - but water lost or gained in cooking could affect this measurement. It will be difficult to ever get more than a rough estimate, no method is 100% reliable.

Marinade Added - Marinade Remaining = Marinade Absorbed
    *No sets to failure crew*
    *germanyt crew*

beginnerbutold is not very well liked. (-100) beginnerbutold is not very well liked. (-100) beginnerbutold is not very well liked. (-100) beginnerbutold is not very well liked. (-100) beginnerbutold is not very well liked. (-100) beginnerbutold is not very well liked. (-100) beginnerbutold is not very well liked. (-100) beginnerbutold is not very well liked. (-100) beginnerbutold is not very well liked. (-100) beginnerbutold is not very well liked. (-100) beginnerbutold is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by URaDONKEY View Post
    just white
    Never heard anyone using white vinegar!