Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6
    kickchickbecca has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kickchickbecca has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kickchickbecca has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kickchickbecca has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kickchickbecca has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kickchickbecca has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kickchickbecca has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kickchickbecca has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kickchickbecca has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kickchickbecca has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kickchickbecca has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by jack12345 View Post
    I dont think they realise what we do is probably 100times harder than any of their priorities and takes a lot more determination and drive than any other sport i know of! And they are two key things you need in everyday life to go further , something we already have! SO STFU HATERS (doubt they anybody that hates will read that though )
    I wouldn't go around saying that bodybuilding takes a lot more determination and drive than any other sport.
    To be good at anything it takes a lot of determination and drive.

People just overlook bodybuilding, saying that is easy because everyone is on steroids anyways.
    I have had tons of friends ask me for advice on their workout plans but I can't tell me how many times I've heard them say 'Okay, but I don't want to turn into Frank McGrath or anything!'
    Like come on?! You think that because you start lifting weights you're going to gain EXTREME amounts of muscle?!
    **Never look down on someone, unless you're helping them up**

Cyre has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Cyre has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Cyre has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Cyre has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Cyre has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Cyre has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Cyre has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Cyre has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Cyre has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Cyre has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Cyre has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    good job on digging up an old thread =/

heres my opinion.

I personally think bodybuilding is alot more taxing, intense and mature than most sports.

Location: Liverpool, Merseyside, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    jack12345 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jack12345 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jack12345 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jack12345 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jack12345 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jack12345 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jack12345 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jack12345 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jack12345 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jack12345 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jack12345 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by kickchickbecca View Post
    I wouldn't go around saying that bodybuilding takes a lot more determination and drive than any other sport.
    To be good at anything it takes a lot of determination and drive.

People just overlook bodybuilding, saying that is easy because everyone is on steroids anyways.
    I have had tons of friends ask me for advice on their workout plans but I can't tell me how many times I've heard them say 'Okay, but I don't want to turn into Frank McGrath or anything!'
    Like come on?! You think that because you start lifting weights you're going to gain EXTREME amounts of muscle?!
    LOL! i though stuff like that before i started lifting though! i think everybody does until they actually start lifting and realise what are realistic and unrealistic goals, when they realise what realistic goals are they normally give up, but then there is those (like 90% of us on this site) that carry on an strive to achieve those goals!

RyanM04 is on a distinguished road. (+10) RyanM04 is on a distinguished road. (+10) RyanM04 is on a distinguished road. (+10) RyanM04 is on a distinguished road. (+10) RyanM04 is on a distinguished road. (+10) RyanM04 is on a distinguished road. (+10) RyanM04 is on a distinguished road. (+10) RyanM04 is on a distinguished road. (+10) RyanM04 is on a distinguished road. (+10) RyanM04 is on a distinguished road. (+10) RyanM04 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by WesTee View Post
    Not sure who said it but it's quite fitting for this section; "Bodybuilding is not a sport, it's a lifestyle".
    The majority of people that speak up against bodybuilding are the exact same people who can't even begin to comprehend the amount of work that goes into bodybuilding, they are the people that could never dream of developing their bodies in the same way that bodybuilders do. Jealousy is one word that springs to mind.
    agreed. its more of a lifestyle. its harder than a sport in fact

kickchickbecca has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kickchickbecca has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kickchickbecca has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kickchickbecca has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kickchickbecca has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kickchickbecca has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kickchickbecca has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kickchickbecca has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kickchickbecca has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kickchickbecca has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kickchickbecca has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    LOL! i though stuff like that before i started lifting though! i think everybody does until they actually start lifting and realise what are realistic and unrealistic goals, when they realise what realistic goals are they normally give up, but then there is those (like 90% of us on this site) that carry on an strive to achieve those goals!
    I do lift regularily.

And of course it takes a lot of commitment, but to really improve at any sport does. You're not just going to go to practise 3x a week and become a star.
    You need to eat accordingly, you need to train regularily, you need to cross-train, you need to stretch regularily, you need to be mentally ready..

Originally Posted by RyanM04 View Post
    agreed. its more of a lifestyle. its harder than a sport in fact
    I see a lot of people's arguements here, and it totally makes sense!

But then again, I kind of think that 'bodybuilding' and just 'lifting' is different.
    By bodybuilding, I mean you're lifting to compete. That takes a whole other kind of commitment than just lifting (the kind of lifting 98% of the people here do).

SteezyChr is just really nice. (+1000) SteezyChr is just really nice. (+1000) SteezyChr is just really nice. (+1000) SteezyChr is just really nice. (+1000) SteezyChr is just really nice. (+1000) SteezyChr is just really nice. (+1000) SteezyChr is just really nice. (+1000) SteezyChr is just really nice. (+1000) SteezyChr is just really nice. (+1000) SteezyChr is just really nice. (+1000) SteezyChr is just really nice. (+1000)
    im full of myself, so what. I look at myself everytime i pass any type of mirror or reflective piece.

and i dont see how u hear ppl call bodybuilders nassartics, i have never once heard this said irl
    "Hell is not a place you go if you're not a Christian, it's the failure of your life's greatest ambitions"
    "Is it progression if a cannibal uses a fork?"
    -------------
    <^Not into girls who are into B*BC cRew^>
    <^Politics & Religion are Dumb as FUUU cRew^>
    <^Don't care about girls, but still get approached by 8's cRew^>
    <^Ppl commenting on you taking a break from the gym, yet they've never picked up a weight cRew^>

jack12345 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jack12345 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jack12345 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jack12345 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jack12345 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jack12345 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jack12345 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jack12345 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jack12345 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jack12345 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jack12345 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I do lift regularily.

And of course it takes a lot of commitment, but to really improve at any sport does. You're not just going to go to practise 3x a week and become a star.
    You need to eat accordingly, you need to train regularily, you need to cross-train, you need to stretch regularily, you need to be mentally ready..
    I never said you didnt lol.

Fully agree on the mentally ready part, you cant go into the gym (or any other sports training session) and not be in the right mindset otherwise your workout/practice will suffer and you wont achieve the best results.

Pandoxmax is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pandoxmax is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pandoxmax is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pandoxmax is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pandoxmax is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pandoxmax is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pandoxmax is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pandoxmax is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pandoxmax is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pandoxmax is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pandoxmax is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I never said you didnt lol.

Fully agree on the mentally ready part, you cant go into the gym (or any other sports training session) and not be in the right mindset otherwise your workout/practice will suffer and you wont achieve the best results.
    Its.....ALIVE!!!

Proud Nissan GTR Owner K_O_M_A_E's Avatar
    Location: leeds, West yorkshire, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    K_O_M_A_E has a spectacular aura about. (+250) K_O_M_A_E has a spectacular aura about. (+250) K_O_M_A_E has a spectacular aura about. (+250) K_O_M_A_E has a spectacular aura about. (+250) K_O_M_A_E has a spectacular aura about. (+250) K_O_M_A_E has a spectacular aura about. (+250) K_O_M_A_E has a spectacular aura about. (+250) K_O_M_A_E has a spectacular aura about. (+250) K_O_M_A_E has a spectacular aura about. (+250) K_O_M_A_E has a spectacular aura about. (+250) K_O_M_A_E has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Amen to that.

Tony7128 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I don't know about you, but I'm sick and tired of hearing people call bodybuilders narcissistic, full or themselves, self obsessed, or that they don't have very good priorities and they won't go far in life.

Why is that people don't consider bodybuilding a sport? Basketball, soccer even 'table hockey' is considered a sport.. so why do people overlook bodybuilding!? Because we don't run around and kick a ball? Or because we don't 'slam dunk'? Well I'm sorry, but when are we ever going to use that in everyday life? But eating and lifting things are PART of everyday life.

Just because someone is into bodybuilding, it doesn't mean they're full of themselves, or love to stare at themselves in the mirror, it means that they like the SPORT of bodybuilding.. The CHALLENGE to eat properly, the THRILL they get while lifting a new weight, the CHANGES they see. Aren't those the properties of every other sport too? Challenge? Thrill? Change? and Competing! Bodybuilders may be competing with other people as to who has a better body, but that's because that's the GOAL of the sport. NOT to run faster than someone, but to have a better body appearance. That doesn't mean that that person is narcissistic, but that they work HARD at their chosen sport.

I think people should take a step back and THINK about things before they speak, because it just makes them look like rude, uneducated and closed minded people.

yeah!!!
    FU.C.K!!! bowling =(
    and Fu.c.k pooling

bodybuilding should be on ESPN....not no fu.c.king bowlikng tournament >=(
    Bench-205
    Deadlift-265
    BB Curl-80

Originally Posted by Pandoxmax View Post
    Its.....ALIVE!!!
    ?? lol i dont get it becuase im tired

kier15 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kier15 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kier15 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kier15 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kier15 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kier15 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kier15 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kier15 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kier15 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kier15 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kier15 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    bodybuilding to me is only a sport if you compete in it..if you do it out your own will..i dont class it as a sport