Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    henmaniac87 is not very well liked. (-100) henmaniac87 is not very well liked. (-100) henmaniac87 is not very well liked. (-100) henmaniac87 is not very well liked. (-100) henmaniac87 is not very well liked. (-100) henmaniac87 is not very well liked. (-100) henmaniac87 is not very well liked. (-100) henmaniac87 is not very well liked. (-100) henmaniac87 is not very well liked. (-100) henmaniac87 is not very well liked. (-100) henmaniac87 is not very well liked. (-100)
    Im naturally skinny, and Ive got an 8 pack. Screw 6

Definetly do weighted cruches, w/ cable machine, lever machine. 6-10 reps (always done to failure) work best, around 6 sets done once a week did it for me, now i just do 4 sets once a week to maintain what ive got.

garycrawford has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by hoffa View Post
    ok, how do you get the lower abdominals? i have the top four looking great, but the lower half isnt really all that noticeable at all. i do a equal amount of upper and lower ab workouts also.
    To gain more in your lower abs your better to do knee-ups (i do 3x12), double crunches (til it burns) and I squats help the core area too (3x10)

sflogic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sflogic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sflogic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sflogic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sflogic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sflogic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sflogic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sflogic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sflogic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sflogic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sflogic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    great article thanks for sharing!
    -=[$]MISC. FINANCE CREW[$]=-

birdman2 is just really nice. (+1000) birdman2 is just really nice. (+1000) birdman2 is just really nice. (+1000) birdman2 is just really nice. (+1000) birdman2 is just really nice. (+1000) birdman2 is just really nice. (+1000) birdman2 is just really nice. (+1000) birdman2 is just really nice. (+1000) birdman2 is just really nice. (+1000) birdman2 is just really nice. (+1000) birdman2 is just really nice. (+1000)
    dont eat.. do some type of ab exercises. pretty simple to attain and obtain.

/thread
    i rape back (_|_)

4_4

Hy00ge has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Hy00ge has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Hy00ge has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Hy00ge has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Hy00ge has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Hy00ge has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Hy00ge has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    A solid, muscle six pack is a lot more satisfying then a skinny, malnourished 6 pack. Just sayin'
    Train hard, diet harder.

SportyShorty89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SportyShorty89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SportyShorty89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SportyShorty89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SportyShorty89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SportyShorty89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SportyShorty89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SportyShorty89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SportyShorty89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SportyShorty89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SportyShorty89 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Hy00ge View Post
    A solid, muscle six pack is a lot more satisfying then a skinny, malnourished 6 pack. Just sayin'
    ^ yup one is "ohh you look good" and the other is "eww you need to eat." Example 'henmaniac87' would fall into the second category.
    Last edited by SportyShorty89; 10-19-2009 at 04:01 PM.
    *Mirror on the wall, here we are again, through my rise and fall, you've been my only friend* -lil wayne

Popcorn_fart is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Popcorn_fart is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Popcorn_fart is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Popcorn_fart is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Popcorn_fart is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Popcorn_fart is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Popcorn_fart is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Popcorn_fart is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Popcorn_fart is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Popcorn_fart is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Popcorn_fart is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by birdman2 View Post
    dont eat.. do some type of ab exercises. pretty simple to attain and obtain.

/thread
    stupid advice.

eat healthy, train, do a 20-30 minutes of running at a slow-medium pace 3 times a week hit the sauna or pool once a week or two do some weighted ab exercises 3 days a week and it will pop out in no time. Main thing is obviously what youre eating

Zinder has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Zinder has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Zinder has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Zinder has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Zinder has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Zinder has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Zinder has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Zinder has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Zinder has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Zinder has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Zinder has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by SportyShorty89 View Post
    ^ yup one is "ohh you look good" and the other is "eww you need to eat." Example 'henmaniac87' would fall into the second category.
    I lolled, but your right
    ▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄

sleep_tactic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sleep_tactic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sleep_tactic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sleep_tactic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sleep_tactic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    awesome thread. time for me to get to work!

Numa856 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Advice on how to get a six pack

Anyone have any advice just post it on my profile or whateve. Kinda want to hear from people who got it not from magazines

Location: Newcastle, Tyne and Wear, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    Kirbz92 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Why do all tht swfx just buy some illegal thermogenics like clenbuterol or ethergine!
    "I Am The BluePrint Athletically Stacked Athletically Jacked!

hema456 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    thanks

~SiX PACK~ is just really nice. (+1000) ~SiX PACK~ is just really nice. (+1000) ~SiX PACK~ is just really nice. (+1000) ~SiX PACK~ is just really nice. (+1000) ~SiX PACK~ is just really nice. (+1000) ~SiX PACK~ is just really nice. (+1000) ~SiX PACK~ is just really nice. (+1000) ~SiX PACK~ is just really nice. (+1000) ~SiX PACK~ is just really nice. (+1000) ~SiX PACK~ is just really nice. (+1000) ~SiX PACK~ is just really nice. (+1000)
    My YouTube Lifting/Posing/Advicing Videos: alongabbay.com/youtube

BOOM!

★Dedication & Motivation★ RJT1534's Avatar
    RJT1534 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RJT1534 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RJT1534 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RJT1534 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RJT1534 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RJT1534 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RJT1534 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RJT1534 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RJT1534 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RJT1534 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RJT1534 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by ~SiX PACK~ View Post
    great read.
    Donate to the 2013 Tour de Cure:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=145468941

roybatty6 will become famous soon enough. (+50) roybatty6 will become famous soon enough. (+50) roybatty6 will become famous soon enough. (+50) roybatty6 will become famous soon enough. (+50) roybatty6 will become famous soon enough. (+50) roybatty6 will become famous soon enough. (+50) roybatty6 will become famous soon enough. (+50) roybatty6 will become famous soon enough. (+50) roybatty6 will become famous soon enough. (+50) roybatty6 will become famous soon enough. (+50) roybatty6 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by swfx View Post
    Here is an article from my new blog (in my sig):

2. Cut out simple sugars
    If you can't cut out simple sugars, you are going to have a very hard time getting a six-pack. The key to fat-loss is controlling insulin. Insulin is a storage hormone responsible for storing nutrients in fat cells. Eating a meal high in simple carbs (like sugar) causes your body to release a lot of insulin, spiking the levels of insulin in your blood stream.

3. Eat 4-6 small meals per day
    The idea behind eating 4-6 small meals per day instead of the traditional breakfast, lunch, and dinner?is all about insulin control. As we discussed earlier, insulin control is vital to fat loss. Three big insulin spikes throughout the day is very detrimental to fat loss. Eating four to six small meals creates four to six small insulin releases and keeps fat storage to a minimum.
    I like the post OP

But, if you mentioned the 2 above statements on the "Losing Fat" section, you would most likely be flamed by 90% of the users in Losing Fat.

I do prefer regular small meals Vs infrequent larger meals. It's all personal preference really.
    -80 kgs in 15 months.
    -100 kgs goal (75kgs bodyweight)

Abs on a skinny guy is like a fatgirl with big tits, it doesn't count.

DrivenBeaver has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DrivenBeaver has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DrivenBeaver has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DrivenBeaver has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DrivenBeaver has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DrivenBeaver has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DrivenBeaver has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DrivenBeaver has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DrivenBeaver has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DrivenBeaver has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DrivenBeaver has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    meh, i feel the whole 6 pack issue is becoming way too over analyzed.

natinder24 is on a distinguished road. (+10) natinder24 is on a distinguished road. (+10) natinder24 is on a distinguished road. (+10) natinder24 is on a distinguished road. (+10) natinder24 is on a distinguished road. (+10) natinder24 is on a distinguished road. (+10) natinder24 is on a distinguished road. (+10) natinder24 is on a distinguished road. (+10) natinder24 is on a distinguished road. (+10) natinder24 is on a distinguished road. (+10) natinder24 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    good post

qsar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Observations about posts:

a) For 20-25% of young males *anything* will work as long as they exercise. Used to be called "mesomorphs". I know one particular mesomorph that got huge, complete with an 8 pack, eating a ton of cheesy goldfish and just doing some pushups and squats. If you're in this category, please realize it's not as easy for the other 80% of the people. This is the genetics factor (though it's not as simple as that. a lot of what determines your body shape occurs after birth). If you're in this category, congratulations! If you're not, realize you have to work many times harder than this group to get the same results.
    b) Unless you're under 28 or so, calories-in / calories-out doesn't work as easily. The older you get, the harder it gets. Your body adjusts its metabolism to compensate. If you cut 500 calories, your body will lower its metabolism and you'll see very little fat loss. If you cut 500 more, your body might keep adjusting. It can also increase it's absorption rate to compensate (above the mean 40%), or dump as much muscle as it can. You'll feel really fatigued and weak if this is happening to you. If you keep lowering it, you might get to the point where it's too unhealthy for you. You can die of starvation not showing a 6 pak.
    c) There's no such thing as spot fat loss. Doing ab exercises will not help with losing belly fat.
    d) Artificial sweeteners don't have calories, but several of them still invoke an insulin response. This means you'll stay fat taking them. Insulin release triggers fat storage. The studies I've seen support this...at least on rodents.
    e) For the most part, there is no such thing as spot muscle gains. You can get a pump after working one muscle hard, but that is mostly fluid that gets re-absorbed into your body within 2-3 days. Prolonged exercise to one muscle group can pump it longer by growing more blood vessels, retaining more fluid, and the presence of repair cells; but an unchanged size/amount of muscle underneath. In the absence of steroids, this is why you don't see someone with a right arm looking like Arnold Schwarzenegger and the left arm looking like pee-wee Herman. Hypertrophy is mostly the result of GH and testosterone, hormones released through your whole bloodstream hitting all your muscles about equally. The reason deadlifts is the best exercise for abs is because that exercise activates the most muscles in your body and thus triggers the biggest release of hormones. It hits all of your muscles though. Another example: people don't normally exercise their necks or jaw muscles, yet the very huge body builders have those muscles in proportion with everything else. People would actually look really really weird if there was spot muscle gain: Slim necks with giant chests, right arms 100% bigger than the left arm, etc. Some people that take illegal supplementation, have to deal with those kinds of anomalies. In reality the biggest difference is about 10% between right and left side even if significantly exercise one over the other (due mostly to the fluid retention & vessels). There's also a genetic body shape for everyone: some people will have bigger arms, some others will have bigger thighs, others chests. These are only seen after achieving a certain amount of musculature. After achieving your ideal musculature, your body shape will be determined by how many muscle cells you were born with in each body part, as well as how many you gained through puberty. Someone might mistakenly assume their bigger chest (in proportion to arms or legs) is due to working that body part more; however, what they're seeing is their genetic bodyshape revealing itself.
    f) Calories are a bad measure. They still counts fiber which doesn't interact with your body and Protein; as 90% of protein doesn't affect fat gain/loss. Protein->glucose is rare and Protein->glucose->fat is extremely rare and Protein->glucose->fat->storage is even more rare. If you only count carbs (minus fiber) and fats you'll have a much more accurate number. Even fats are irrelevant if you don't get an insulin release. That's why in Atkins eating tons of fats still produces weight loss (unhealthily imho). Fats won't be stored unless you provoke a big enough insulin release. For losing weight, find out how many carbs a day affects weight loss. If that number is under 100, you're better off abandoning your quest for a 6 pak - it's too unhealthy for people in this category... I don't see that much difference between simple carbs vs complex carbs in insulin release. I know a lot of people believe simple carbs are worse for gaining fat, but I haven't seen any data to corroborate that. My glucose levels rise a lot higher from rice than from marshmallows, for example... However, it is very easy to eat too many carbs of simple sugars. You can drink a can of coke without thinking about it, or drink a bottle of gatorade, or a lemonade. They add up quickly. If you determine 120g of carbs causes you to lose weight, then drinking them is a poor way to use them. You get a lot fuller and greater satisfaction from solid foods.
    g) If you're over 30 and are already working out rigorously (including resistance training) and eating clean and you're not seeing progress, chances are you'll never see a 6 pak unless you take steroids. In reality, only about a third of people have the genetics and body chemistry to achieve such a thing. After the age of 30 that number drops considerably.
    Last edited by qsar; 09-12-2011 at 06:17 AM.

Pokarface has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Pokarface has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Pokarface has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Pokarface has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Pokarface has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Pokarface has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Pokarface has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Pokarface has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Pokarface has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Pokarface has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Pokarface has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by ruben.rodrigues View Post
    Are you sure that normal bread is bad for six pack?? Because I eat 4 to 6 per day. Should I stop?
    <<<

I eat honey wheat bread and whole wheat bread 4-6 slices per day
    Follow my juggernaut log @ http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=135280071

Vzn has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Vzn has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Vzn has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Vzn has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Vzn has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Vzn has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Vzn has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Vzn has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Vzn has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Vzn has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Vzn has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    solid article - repped

xboxing has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) xboxing has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) xboxing has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) xboxing has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) xboxing has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) xboxing has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) xboxing has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) xboxing has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) xboxing has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) xboxing has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) xboxing has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    How can ?

uwsboy is on a distinguished road. (+10) uwsboy is on a distinguished road. (+10) uwsboy is on a distinguished road. (+10) uwsboy is on a distinguished road. (+10) uwsboy is on a distinguished road. (+10) uwsboy is on a distinguished road. (+10) uwsboy is on a distinguished road. (+10) uwsboy is on a distinguished road. (+10) uwsboy is on a distinguished road. (+10) uwsboy is on a distinguished road. (+10) uwsboy is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by diamondcut89 View Post
    your insulin response can be your best friend...sometimes. it's best to stimulate insulin response with your post-workout meal, since your body will receive the energy it requires much faster. moderation is key...
    This is my understanding as well.

ghattanj is just really nice. (+1000) ghattanj is just really nice. (+1000) ghattanj is just really nice. (+1000) ghattanj is just really nice. (+1000) ghattanj is just really nice. (+1000) ghattanj is just really nice. (+1000) ghattanj is just really nice. (+1000) ghattanj is just really nice. (+1000) ghattanj is just really nice. (+1000) ghattanj is just really nice. (+1000) ghattanj is just really nice. (+1000)
    this article phucking sucks.

you need 2 things to get a nasty 6 pack:

1. big ab muscles (do weighted situps and weighted leg raises while bulking to build abdominal mass)
    2. low body fat

that's it.

yeshli2nuts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) yeshli2nuts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) yeshli2nuts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) yeshli2nuts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) yeshli2nuts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) yeshli2nuts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) yeshli2nuts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) yeshli2nuts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) yeshli2nuts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) yeshli2nuts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) yeshli2nuts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    lol @ people who work their ass off for a 6 pack. just use what i use...

Samy911 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Samy911 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Samy911 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Samy911 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Samy911 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Samy911 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Samy911 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Samy911 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Samy911 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Samy911 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Samy911 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by yeshli2nuts View Post
    lol @ people who work their ass off for a 6 pack. just use what i use...

hahhahahahhaha rofl
    repped :P
    \ \ In GoD I Trust \ \

THERE IS NO OFF-SEASON . IT'S NOT A COMPETITION ,, IT'S A LIFESTYLE ;)

******** : Removed BY ADMIN :)
    MSN : Removed By ADMIN :)

AndrewPReiss is on a distinguished road. (+10) AndrewPReiss is on a distinguished road. (+10) AndrewPReiss is on a distinguished road. (+10) AndrewPReiss is on a distinguished road. (+10) AndrewPReiss is on a distinguished road. (+10) AndrewPReiss is on a distinguished road. (+10) AndrewPReiss is on a distinguished road. (+10) AndrewPReiss is on a distinguished road. (+10) AndrewPReiss is on a distinguished road. (+10) AndrewPReiss is on a distinguished road. (+10) AndrewPReiss is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    THanks for this post,it helped me a bunch

Rockmade has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rockmade has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rockmade has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rockmade has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rockmade has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rockmade has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rockmade has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rockmade has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rockmade has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rockmade has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rockmade has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    intersting article , thank you !

acubed123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) acubed123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) acubed123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) acubed123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) acubed123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) acubed123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) acubed123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) acubed123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) acubed123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) acubed123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thank you for this.
    "The heights by great men reached and kept Were not attained by sudden flight, But they, while their companions slept, Were toiling upward in the night."

-- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

mikeycann has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Fat to six-pack?

Hey guys, quick question that I can't seem to find an answer to. Possibly because it's a stupid question. I'm unsure. Here goes, I used to weigh 21stone I'm now down to 15stone. I wondered if it is possible to still get a six pack with being so heavy before? I know I'm not going to magically get one, but just wanted to know is it possible? Im new to all this so trying to build up some knowledge so just registered to this site, see what I can learn. I was mainly about cardio but I wanna step up to weight training now. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

MNjay has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MNjay has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MNjay has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MNjay has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MNjay has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MNjay has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MNjay has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MNjay has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MNjay has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MNjay has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MNjay has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Nice work.