Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    nafianna has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) nafianna has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) nafianna has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) nafianna has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) nafianna has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) nafianna has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) nafianna has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) nafianna has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) nafianna has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) nafianna has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) nafianna has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Good thread!

MethodMuscle is on a distinguished road. (+10) MethodMuscle is on a distinguished road. (+10) MethodMuscle is on a distinguished road. (+10) MethodMuscle is on a distinguished road. (+10) MethodMuscle is on a distinguished road. (+10) MethodMuscle is on a distinguished road. (+10) MethodMuscle is on a distinguished road. (+10) MethodMuscle is on a distinguished road. (+10) MethodMuscle is on a distinguished road. (+10) MethodMuscle is on a distinguished road. (+10) MethodMuscle is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Good thread.

loumoli has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) loumoli has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) loumoli has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) loumoli has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) loumoli has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) loumoli has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) loumoli has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    how can I find out how many cal my body burns a day?

GoJackets89 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GoJackets89 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GoJackets89 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GoJackets89 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GoJackets89 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GoJackets89 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GoJackets89 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GoJackets89 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GoJackets89 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GoJackets89 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GoJackets89 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by loumoli View Post
    how can I find out how many cal my body burns a day?
    Google BMR, it should be like the second link.

Registered User benjifornothing's Avatar
    benjifornothing is on a distinguished road. (+10) benjifornothing is on a distinguished road. (+10) benjifornothing is on a distinguished road. (+10) benjifornothing is on a distinguished road. (+10) benjifornothing is on a distinguished road. (+10) benjifornothing is on a distinguished road. (+10) benjifornothing is on a distinguished road. (+10) benjifornothing is on a distinguished road. (+10) benjifornothing is on a distinguished road. (+10) benjifornothing is on a distinguished road. (+10) benjifornothing is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    the kind of calories you consume can somewhat lead to fat gain or fat loss. yes there are better sources than others (i.e. Quaker rice cake vs. small sweet potato) which do you think is the better option? if they both equal the same amount of calories whats the difference right? kind of. ur body will utilize the slow digesting carbs from the sweet potato better than the fast insulin spiking hi glycemic carbs in the rice cake. but at the end of the day, it really is calorie in vs. calorie out. i did so many rediculous diets to shed body fat. when i realized "damn, its a game of numbers." multiple winner Mr. Olympia Dorian Yates even said it. "if you expend more energy than you consume you'll lose fat." its the bold truth. i watched my father get diagnosed with a disease that had him on a high level of Prednisone(steroid) to help with his condition. he went from a lean 6'1" 190lbs to a hefty 240lbs from the increase water retention and increased appetite. im getting to the point. after he realised he was a total fatass he just quit eating junk and so much of it. he and i spend alot of time cooking together and i watched his weight drop from 240 back down to 190 and now 185 just from a calorie deficit. he eats a greasy taco for breakfast every now and then. he eats carbs for dinner. he eats gourmet style food for lunch. its just an amount. a total number at the end of the day. stop worrying so much about it. if you like eating WW bread, then eat it! just keep it within ur alotted calorie intake. im currently cutting and moved things around where i can have a little protein cookie with cottage cheese and peanut butter for dessert every night and getting shredded.
    theTruth

Lordlockhart has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    this info is very useful.
    im trying to lay off the juices, but having a hard time. my will to resist bounces around.
    and started with a small amount of wheat/9grain bread.

im assuming running is a factor to obtain abs? i've been doing treadmill every other day for about 25mins/I burn 250calories.

Are you saying that solely drinking cold water kills 30 calories? I'm a bit unsure what you mean by that.

mattiboi450 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Great thread, very informative
    one question;
    Is it ok to eat porridge (oats)? i eat 1 bowl every morning for breakfast.

Doubled Bench Press weigh bradpm's Avatar
    bradpm is on a distinguished road. (+10) bradpm is on a distinguished road. (+10) bradpm is on a distinguished road. (+10) bradpm is on a distinguished road. (+10) bradpm is on a distinguished road. (+10) bradpm is on a distinguished road. (+10) bradpm is on a distinguished road. (+10) bradpm is on a distinguished road. (+10) bradpm is on a distinguished road. (+10) bradpm is on a distinguished road. (+10) bradpm is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by swfx View Post
    Here is an article from my new blog (in my sig):
    4. Start lifting weights
    The more muscle your body has, the higher the capacity it has to burn fat. Also, the more muscle mass you add to your body, the less fat you have to lose to see your six pack. For example, say a 200-lb man has 10% bodyfat. This means that he has 180lbs of lean mass and 20lbs of fat. If the man adds 20 lbs of lean muscle, he now weighs 220lbs, but still has 20 lbs of fat. 20/220 X 100% = 9.09% bodyfat. Without losing any actual fat, the man brought his body fat percentage down one percentage, which can mean the difference between visible abs or not.
    This is an excellent point and as a "newby" to all this despite being simple to understand has given me a very good understanding of the body, muscles and fat.

Thanks

TripleTrouble has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TripleTrouble has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TripleTrouble has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TripleTrouble has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TripleTrouble has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TripleTrouble has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TripleTrouble has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TripleTrouble has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TripleTrouble has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TripleTrouble has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TripleTrouble has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    No need to take out white bread, white pasta etc. If you eat them with protein and fats as most people do (you dont eat white bread by itself do you?) that will slow down absorption by your body. A snickers bar is low GI btw.

Registered User silverlightning's Avatar
    silverlightning is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) silverlightning is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) silverlightning is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) silverlightning is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) silverlightning is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) silverlightning is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) silverlightning is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) silverlightning is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) silverlightning is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) silverlightning is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) silverlightning is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by fiveten View Post
    use splenda in coffee ya brah

sucralose is 3.2kcal/gram and sugar is 3.8kcal/gram

just use non refined cane sugar and be happy that you're not polluting your body.
    are you referring to raw sugar? its the only sugar i have with my coffee.

Registered User silverlightning's Avatar
    silverlightning is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) silverlightning is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) silverlightning is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) silverlightning is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) silverlightning is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) silverlightning is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) silverlightning is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) silverlightning is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) silverlightning is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) silverlightning is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) silverlightning is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Lordlockhart View Post
    this info is very useful.
    im trying to lay off the juices, but having a hard time. my will to resist bounces around.
    and started with a small amount of wheat/9grain bread.

im assuming running is a factor to obtain abs? i've been doing treadmill every other day for about 25mins/I burn 250calories.

Are you saying that solely drinking cold water kills 30 calories? I'm a bit unsure what you mean by that.
    it takes time for the body to adjust. if you need juices, get a juicer so you know its all natural. food/sugar cravings come from elevated blood sugar, and/or having sugars/carbs by themselvess(someone correct me if i'm wrong). so if you drink juice, have it with protein and complex carbs and count it towards your daily caloric intake.

I used to have juice with my meals, but slowly cut them out.

echoenyx is on a distinguished road. (+10) echoenyx is on a distinguished road. (+10) echoenyx is on a distinguished road. (+10) echoenyx is on a distinguished road. (+10) echoenyx is on a distinguished road. (+10) echoenyx is on a distinguished road. (+10) echoenyx is on a distinguished road. (+10) echoenyx is on a distinguished road. (+10) echoenyx is on a distinguished road. (+10) echoenyx is on a distinguished road. (+10) echoenyx is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by mattiboi450 View Post
    Great thread, very informative
    one question;
    Is it ok to eat porridge (oats)? i eat 1 bowl every morning for breakfast.
    Um, the whole "oatmeal is good for you" thing etc... well, it's true.
    =P.

Yes, it's fine to have porridge for breakfast.
    Awesome Traderz List:

soundcheck129
    TheStiffmeister

MP's COMBAT Powder Review
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=117408321

Bodyforge/Cryoshock Review
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread .php?t=116681081

Herbal Incense Guide
    www.herbalincenseguide.com

juanandonlyyou has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I like this thread because there is a lot of truth in it. Doing a thousand crunches will not get you any closer to that six pack. Sure it will develop your muscles but there is no variety in that workout, therefore, you will eventually plateu and your results will be minimal. Believe me, this is exactly how I started out. Variety in any workout is the key to achieving your goals. I do, however, disagree with one aspect of this thread. Drinking ice cold water does not help you burn fat. That one is a complete myth my friend.

avio is on a distinguished road. (+10) avio is on a distinguished road. (+10) avio is on a distinguished road. (+10) avio is on a distinguished road. (+10) avio is on a distinguished road. (+10) avio is on a distinguished road. (+10) avio is on a distinguished road. (+10) avio is on a distinguished road. (+10) avio is on a distinguished road. (+10) avio is on a distinguished road. (+10) avio is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I use OJ for my protein shakes, along with strawberries and bananas in them... what about those? Should they be avoided during cutting?

jwa254 is just really nice. (+1000) jwa254 is just really nice. (+1000) jwa254 is just really nice. (+1000) jwa254 is just really nice. (+1000) jwa254 is just really nice. (+1000) jwa254 is just really nice. (+1000) jwa254 is just really nice. (+1000) jwa254 is just really nice. (+1000) jwa254 is just really nice. (+1000) jwa254 is just really nice. (+1000) jwa254 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Quick question and it may be ignorant of me to not know this but, where do the yams come into place?

jtkitche is on a distinguished road. (+10) jtkitche is on a distinguished road. (+10) jtkitche is on a distinguished road. (+10) jtkitche is on a distinguished road. (+10) jtkitche is on a distinguished road. (+10) jtkitche is on a distinguished road. (+10) jtkitche is on a distinguished road. (+10) jtkitche is on a distinguished road. (+10) jtkitche is on a distinguished road. (+10) jtkitche is on a distinguished road. (+10) jtkitche is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Lean Out

Use Lean out with a High Carb, High Protein, Low Fat Diet and increase low intensity cardio

I take 2 Lean outs with every meal. Eat 6 times a day. 12 hour interval. Start Eat at 7 last eat at 7. Get hungry? go to sleep. Casein Protein at night to prevent your body from a catabolic state. Increase water to 1 gallon per 100 pounds. Keeps your body out of homeostasis.

Do this for 3 weeks and you will see your abs... promise. We all have natural ab muscles, we just got to be able to see it

I weigh 193. Carbs - 248G; Prot - 198G; Fat - 40G

Hope this helps!
    Vince Lombardi once said, "Fatigue makes cowards of us all".

BuffedStuff will become famous soon enough. (+50) BuffedStuff will become famous soon enough. (+50) BuffedStuff will become famous soon enough. (+50) BuffedStuff will become famous soon enough. (+50) BuffedStuff will become famous soon enough. (+50) BuffedStuff will become famous soon enough. (+50) BuffedStuff will become famous soon enough. (+50) BuffedStuff will become famous soon enough. (+50) BuffedStuff will become famous soon enough. (+50) BuffedStuff will become famous soon enough. (+50) BuffedStuff will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I guess we all must be different simply lowering my bodyfat works for me. So for me it is all about not comsuming more calories than I burn. Good luck all in discovering what works best for you.
    where there is no vision, the people perish, proverbs 29:18 I can see what I want to become how about you?

Mnz123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mnz123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mnz123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mnz123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mnz123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mnz123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mnz123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mnz123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Good thread !

2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Does drinking 8 oz of water really burn 30 cals?
    David

Location: Accrington, Lancashire, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    PGouhar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Lordlockhart View Post

I do lots of running, and believe me it burns the fat away like crazy.
    Be careful to fuel up sufficianlty first or your body will use your muscle as fuel. As a novice to running early last year, I lost a lot of size until a gym instructor advised me to fuel up. Eating porridge 3 hours before hand is a good one and also have a carb shake 25mins before and protien shake straight afterwards, both with water works best for me.
    Went from 34 3/4" waist down to 31" in next to no time.

Hope that's useful to you.

Hi, I'm Paul by the way, this is my first post

LILJOCK is on a distinguished road. (+10) LILJOCK is on a distinguished road. (+10) LILJOCK is on a distinguished road. (+10) LILJOCK is on a distinguished road. (+10) LILJOCK is on a distinguished road. (+10) LILJOCK is on a distinguished road. (+10) LILJOCK is on a distinguished road. (+10) LILJOCK is on a distinguished road. (+10) LILJOCK is on a distinguished road. (+10) LILJOCK is on a distinguished road. (+10) LILJOCK is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Good advise for six pack.

baco_bacon is a name known to all. (+5000) baco_bacon is a name known to all. (+5000) baco_bacon is a name known to all. (+5000) baco_bacon is a name known to all. (+5000) baco_bacon is a name known to all. (+5000) baco_bacon is a name known to all. (+5000) baco_bacon is a name known to all. (+5000) baco_bacon is a name known to all. (+5000) baco_bacon is a name known to all. (+5000) baco_bacon is a name known to all. (+5000) baco_bacon is a name known to all. (+5000)
    nice use of details, I likey
    live.laugh.lift

filo01 will become famous soon enough. (+50) filo01 will become famous soon enough. (+50) filo01 will become famous soon enough. (+50) filo01 will become famous soon enough. (+50) filo01 will become famous soon enough. (+50) filo01 will become famous soon enough. (+50) filo01 will become famous soon enough. (+50) filo01 will become famous soon enough. (+50) filo01 will become famous soon enough. (+50) filo01 will become famous soon enough. (+50) filo01 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    sqauting gave me my abs, i ust to do 100's a day when i boxed & i never got as good abs as i do now after doing my riptoes routine & sqauting. (*back sqauts)
    THE JUICE IS WORTH THE SQUEEZE!!

I love supplements but my stomic seems to hate them, Always on the look out for the perfect set of products that will get me the results i want, without the pain i hate so much!!

Loving!!
    GNC - Megamen
    PVL Hydroflow
    Allmax Creatine

EMAW has a spectacular aura about. (+250) EMAW has a spectacular aura about. (+250) EMAW has a spectacular aura about. (+250) EMAW has a spectacular aura about. (+250) EMAW has a spectacular aura about. (+250) EMAW has a spectacular aura about. (+250) EMAW has a spectacular aura about. (+250) EMAW has a spectacular aura about. (+250) EMAW has a spectacular aura about. (+250) EMAW has a spectacular aura about. (+250) EMAW has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by thefast View Post
    Most of that "article" looks like bro science to me. Don't eat white bread or white rice? Come on man. It's all calories in vs calories out.
    I agree that cal in vs. cal out is important, but if that were truly all it was then I could consume all of my calories from mcdonalds and coca-cola, as long as I was still in a caloric deficit. I think the kind of calories are just as important as the deficit.

And if the coke and mcdonalds thing would work then I will start that freaking diet NOW! hah

glen666 is on a distinguished road. (+10) glen666 is on a distinguished road. (+10) glen666 is on a distinguished road. (+10) glen666 is on a distinguished road. (+10) glen666 is on a distinguished road. (+10) glen666 is on a distinguished road. (+10) glen666 is on a distinguished road. (+10) glen666 is on a distinguished road. (+10) glen666 is on a distinguished road. (+10) glen666 is on a distinguished road. (+10) glen666 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by rjoerger1291 View Post
    I agree that cal in vs. cal out is important, but if that were truly all it was then I could consume all of my calories from mcdonalds and coca-cola, as long as I was still in a caloric deficit. I think the kind of calories are just as important as the deficit.

And if the coke and mcdonalds thing would work then I will start that freaking diet NOW! hah
    Kinda yes I sometimes use mc'ds 1/4 pounder cheese burger as my mid day meal and perhaps a diet coke. I think the key is getting enough protein and calories to stay in the deflict and then eat a variation of food to get in your desired macros.

I personal try to eat clean though too but my goal is to be healthier and fitter.

I still beleive you could eat sugar all day stay under your calories and still lose weight but you would look like crap and lose muscle too.

TrueToTheEnd is on a distinguished road. (+10) TrueToTheEnd is on a distinguished road. (+10) TrueToTheEnd is on a distinguished road. (+10) TrueToTheEnd is on a distinguished road. (+10) TrueToTheEnd is on a distinguished road. (+10) TrueToTheEnd is on a distinguished road. (+10) TrueToTheEnd is on a distinguished road. (+10) TrueToTheEnd is on a distinguished road. (+10) TrueToTheEnd is on a distinguished road. (+10) TrueToTheEnd is on a distinguished road. (+10) TrueToTheEnd is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Cool

here is an easy way, but it all depends on fighting your mental toughness, Dont eat 3 hrs before bed, Take a GH releaser 20minutes before bedtime and lots of water (gh from the pituitary is very strong). hope this helps
    Up the IRON!

charlie335 is on a distinguished road. (+10) charlie335 is on a distinguished road. (+10) charlie335 is on a distinguished road. (+10) charlie335 is on a distinguished road. (+10) charlie335 is on a distinguished road. (+10) charlie335 is on a distinguished road. (+10) charlie335 is on a distinguished road. (+10) charlie335 is on a distinguished road. (+10) charlie335 is on a distinguished road. (+10) charlie335 is on a distinguished road. (+10) charlie335 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by TrueToTheEnd View Post
    here is an easy way, but it all depends on fighting your mental toughness, Dont eat 3 hrs before bed, Take a GH releaser 20minutes before bedtime and lots of water (gh from the pituitary is very strong). hope this helps
    what GH releaser do you recommend?

Halothane has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Halothane has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Halothane has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Halothane has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Halothane has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Halothane has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Halothane has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Halothane has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Halothane has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Halothane has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Halothane has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by TrueToTheEnd View Post
    It doesn't matter when you eat, its how munch calories you takes it that count. Also, to take a GH releaser is complete idiocy. GH have many vairables; exercise, state of mind and sleep...to name a few.
    Garrett Hills, MS, CSCS, NSCA-CPT
    Exercise Physiologist/Strength Coach

TheLimit is not very helpful. (-500) TheLimit is not very helpful. (-500) TheLimit is not very helpful. (-500) TheLimit is not very helpful. (-500) TheLimit is not very helpful. (-500) TheLimit is not very helpful. (-500) TheLimit is not very helpful. (-500) TheLimit is not very helpful. (-500) TheLimit is not very helpful. (-500) TheLimit is not very helpful. (-500) TheLimit is not very helpful. (-500)
    this has nothing to do with this thread.. but damn your avatar is scary!

RealShaneGiese is on a distinguished road. (+10) RealShaneGiese is on a distinguished road. (+10) RealShaneGiese is on a distinguished road. (+10) RealShaneGiese is on a distinguished road. (+10) RealShaneGiese is on a distinguished road. (+10) RealShaneGiese is on a distinguished road. (+10) RealShaneGiese is on a distinguished road. (+10) RealShaneGiese is on a distinguished road. (+10) RealShaneGiese is on a distinguished road. (+10) RealShaneGiese is on a distinguished road. (+10) RealShaneGiese is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by ruben.rodrigues View Post
    Are you sure that normal bread is bad for six pack?? Because I eat 4 to 6 per day. Should I stop?
    Switch to sweet potatoes!

Shane