gpak has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Small waist with gut - how to lose gut?

I have a dilemma. I'm trying to figure out how to recomposition my body. I am "skinny fat". I am not looking to be massive, but if I can be lean, toned to moderately muscular, and without a gut, I'd be happy.
    I have eliminated all red meat**, white flour**, uneeded refined sugar, high fructose corn syrup out of my diet since November. I do not drink alcohol, caffine soda, or smoke. I also try to limit my sodium intake as much as possible. I may eat something fried maybe once a month. I eliminated those things because they make me fat and they make me depressed mentally. I feel loads better when I don't consume those or highly restrict them.
    ** I eat these at most once a week.

Since late December the majority of my diet has been the same (Chicken Fajitas):
    John Soules Foods Chicken Fajita Strips:
    1g Fat, 20g Protein, 2g Carbs per serving - 5 Servings per bag

Mission Tortillas Plus! Whole Wheat Tortillas:
    2g Fat, 3g Protein, 12g Carbs (8g fiber) per serving - 10 Servings per bag

Pace Salsa:
    2g Carbs (sugar) - I need to find a replacement for this....

I eat this for breakfast, lunch, and dinner just about every day. Although I am getting sick of the same taste everyday, I can go through 2 bags of the chicken strips and a bag of the tortillas a day. If there is any other meal it is ground Turkey, chicken breast, or fish based. Occasionally, I'll eat a couple eggs for breakfast and some of the chicken strips cut up. I drink protein drinks and throw in BCAAs to add more periodically throughout the day too.

Problem is I have a gut that I can't seem to get rid of. I'm 5'11" and 185lbs. My waist measured is 32-33". A size 34" pants will literally fall off of me at the gut. I workout 3-4 times a week and have always had trouble putting on muscle mass so I have been consuming about 2800-3300 calories a day. My metobolism is pretty fast so it seems the more I eat/drink the more and more/faster it leaves my body (except for my stomach). When I try to bulk (and I bulk as clean as possible) it seems I can gain some muscle mass but my stomach grows at a higher rate so I end up with an even bigger gut that gets uncomfortable to sit down and be at ease. I have been doing strength training/weight lift and have been having some really good strength gains, but not as much in the mass department as I'd like. I have not been doing any cardio. Should I incorporate HIIT? I don't want to lose any muscle as it seems hard as hell to build, but I do want to lose this gut.

Any advice? Thanks.

http://i692.photobucket.com/albums/v.../Bitmap-7m.jpg
    http://i692.photobucket.com/albums/v...Bitmap-10m.jpg
    http://i692.photobucket.com/albums/v.../Bitmap-9m.jpg
    http://i692.photobucket.com/albums/v...Bitmap-13m.jpg
    Shorts are slightly below waist to show gut to hip ratio.

Sups taking:
    AST AP2 Whey Isolate Protein
    Vitargo S2
    SizeOn
    L-Carnitine with Alpha Lipoic Acid
    BCAA
    L-Glutamine
    Flameout Fish Oil

Workout:
    M - Back
    W - Chest / Biceps / Forearms
    F - Triceps / Abs
    S - Legs

wave_length has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wave_length has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wave_length has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wave_length has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wave_length has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wave_length has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wave_length has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wave_length has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wave_length has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wave_length has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wave_length has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    There is no magic formula. You gotta lose overall bodyfat. You do that by either restricting calories or increasing activity. For optimal body composition, workout with weights and eat enough protein (what you do already).

WeAreMarshall has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WeAreMarshall has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WeAreMarshall has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WeAreMarshall has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WeAreMarshall has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WeAreMarshall has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WeAreMarshall has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WeAreMarshall has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WeAreMarshall has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WeAreMarshall has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WeAreMarshall has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Man, i don't think you're "skinny fat". You seem to have a good amount of bulk in the arms already, i would just start focusing more on keeping your muscle mass and upping the cardio. I don't think you're skinny fat, i think you just need to start on a cardio routine (3 days a week to start?) and keep the calories the same at first. Then lower if you're still not getting results.
    - 5"10
    - 176lbs
    - Bench 225

Cutting:
    Jan 1 -- 192.5
    Jan 22 -- 184.8 terrible
    Feb 1 -- 183.8 also terrible
    Feb 7 -- 179.8 woohoo!.. but feeling a little weak
    Feb 13 -- 176.0 Not too shabby..
    Feb 20 -- 178.2 pissed off
    Feb 27 -- Got sick, didnt want to see
    another dissappointing weight
    Mar 6 -- 174.0
    Mar 13 -- 174.2
    ---------------
    Apr 10 -- 169.2

Total weight loss: 23.3lbs

gpak has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thanks for the feedback so far guys. I think I am going to increase the activity by incorporating some cardio on my non-strength training days. I just fear losing muscle in the process.....

Djin is just really nice. (+1000) Djin is just really nice. (+1000) Djin is just really nice. (+1000) Djin is just really nice. (+1000) Djin is just really nice. (+1000) Djin is just really nice. (+1000) Djin is just really nice. (+1000) Djin is just really nice. (+1000) Djin is just really nice. (+1000) Djin is just really nice. (+1000) Djin is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by gpak View Post
    Thanks for the feedback so far guys. I think I am going to increase the activity by incorporating some cardio on my non-strength training days. I just fear losing muscle in the process.....
    Keep your protein intake at a 1:1 ratio. If you are 180lbs, you would have 180g protein. This should help keep the muscle you've gained.

Also if you're cutting and still working out, and your protein is 1:1, you shouldn't really worry too much.

sxgt is not very well liked. (-100) sxgt is not very well liked. (-100) sxgt is not very well liked. (-100) sxgt is not very well liked. (-100) sxgt is not very well liked. (-100) sxgt is not very well liked. (-100) sxgt is not very well liked. (-100) sxgt is not very well liked. (-100) sxgt is not very well liked. (-100) sxgt is not very well liked. (-100) sxgt is not very well liked. (-100)
    I also have a skinny waist and a fat gut. It SUCKS. I got down to 155lbs and size 28 pants by lifting hard 3 days and doings cardio 3 days. Cut calories to like 1270. Best shape of my life and also strongest I had ever been.
    Pro7en Protein
    NOW Adam Multi Vit.
    zinc sups.

Djin is just really nice. (+1000) Djin is just really nice. (+1000) Djin is just really nice. (+1000) Djin is just really nice. (+1000) Djin is just really nice. (+1000) Djin is just really nice. (+1000) Djin is just really nice. (+1000) Djin is just really nice. (+1000) Djin is just really nice. (+1000) Djin is just really nice. (+1000) Djin is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by sxgt View Post
    I also have a skinny waist and a fat gut. It SUCKS. I got down to 155lbs and size 28 pants by lifting hard 3 days and doings cardio 3 days. Cut calories to like 1270. Best shape of my life and also strongest I had ever been.
    You aren't fainting? That's way low for calories. WAY LOW.

FARTMAN has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FARTMAN has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FARTMAN has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FARTMAN has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FARTMAN has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FARTMAN has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FARTMAN has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FARTMAN has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FARTMAN has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FARTMAN has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FARTMAN has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    To lose fat comes with overall body toning, which means eating a good diet, strength training, and cardio.

I'd start adding more protein to your menu with each meal.

With your strength training, I'd focus on compound exercises using heavy weights on your largest body parts.

Then, also do HIIT a few times a week. These steps will help you get rid of your gut and get lean and ripped.

There's more info here http://www.best-abs-exercises.com/be...exercises.html

Good luck.

Originally Posted by FARTMAN View Post
    To lose fat comes with overall body toning, which means eating a good diet, strength training, and cardio.

I'd start adding more protein to your menu with each meal.

With your strength training, I'd focus on compound exercises using heavy weights on your largest body parts.

Then, also do HIIT a few times a week. These steps will help you get rid of your gut and get lean and ripped.

There's more info here http://www.best-abs-exercises.com/be...exercises.html

Good luck.
    Forget doing HIIT. The majority of people here don't do HIIT the proper way, and believe they can do it on a treadmil. If you do HIIT the correct way, you will throw up, and wouldn't be able to walk and could only do it for 20 minutes and maybe a couple times a week.

Also heavy weights aren't always the answer. If your form is ****, there's no point in heavy, you could easily hurt yourself. With lighter to moderate weights, you can do more reps while holding form, which I believe is better then heavy weights and doing half ass form.

Also ABS aren't created in the gym, they are created in the kitchen. You can work your abs every day, but if you eat like ****, you'll never see them.

injured44 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) injured44 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) injured44 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) injured44 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) injured44 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) injured44 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) injured44 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) injured44 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) injured44 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) injured44 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) injured44 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    you look fine dude dont fret so much