bobstew1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

P90X chin up bar

I just bought the P90x chin up bar- but found out that I only have 1 doorway that it actually fits on.
    I would really like to use it in my unfinished basement. Any suggestions as to how to rig something to make it work?

Thanks,
    Bob

Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz
    First if you paid full price send it back.

This should look familiar but at a much lower price point.

In an unfinished basement there is no purpose to a device like this. A simple pipe bolted to 2x4's and nailed to the ovehead joists is going to do everything but hammer chins and cost about $10.
    []---[] Equipment Crew Member No. 11

"As iron sharpens iron so one man sharpens another" Proverbs 27:17

bobstew1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thanks. I will probably return the bar.

I assume you the 2x4 are mounted vertically from the joists. I have I-beams in the basement- so I am not sure the 2x4's will be secure enough with out doing something else- the I-beams are a pressed material.

Thanks.

Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz
    You have the I-joist system with the solid wood top and bottom but the thin OSB center?

If you want to mount a 2x4 vertically in those you would have to bolt it through both the top and bottom strands of the I joist. This will give you a sturdy attachment. Thats what we did to hang stairs off those type of joists. If the top and bottom cords are a laminated material though you might be hosed, that wouldn't support a load in the direction we would need it to.
    []---[] Equipment Crew Member No. 11

"As iron sharpens iron so one man sharpens another" Proverbs 27:17

C5VetteLS1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) C5VetteLS1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) C5VetteLS1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) C5VetteLS1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) C5VetteLS1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) C5VetteLS1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) C5VetteLS1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) C5VetteLS1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) C5VetteLS1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) C5VetteLS1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) C5VetteLS1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    These folks have some real nice, and real cheap options: http://www.newyorkbarbells.com/chinning.html
    []---[] Equipment Crew Member No. 25