Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Capt_Lou is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Capt_Lou is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Capt_Lou is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Capt_Lou is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Capt_Lou is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Capt_Lou is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Capt_Lou is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Capt_Lou is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Capt_Lou is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Capt_Lou is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Capt_Lou is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by grace_ou View Post
    Only for this year.. I actually hate it hear. This place has some of the most emo lookin boys I have ever seen.
    *subliminal message*

Move to ohio
    Move to ohio
    Move to ohio
    Move to ohio
    Move to ohio
    Move to ohio
    Move to ohio
    Move to ohio
    Move to ohio
    Move to ohio
    Move to ohio
    Move to ohio
    Move to ohio
    Instagram @captloufitness

Get comfortable being uncomfortable

USMC 89-97

Itis1760 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Itis1760 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Itis1760 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Itis1760 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Itis1760 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Itis1760 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Itis1760 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Itis1760 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Itis1760 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Itis1760 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Itis1760 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Xtcme View Post

Most people come out of Prison with more Illegal knowledge then they go in with. Even if you are a good person going in , sometimes just being arround the scum of society (for the most part) will influence you and you will come out more messed up then when ya went in.
    i agree, knew a guy who went to Juvy...and everyone (adults) were telling him how well behaved and better he was afterwards..he told us that being in there just made him smarter and sneakier...

and to what exguitar player said...i belive the smaller guys with "something to prove" are more dangerous then the huge bodybuilders..but id rather fight someone smaller than me then a 250+lbs bodybuilder in prison..lol

bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    You're married! You don't count!

Damn I can never have any fun
    On the list for Bannukah

grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by bodyhard View Post
    Damn I can never have any fun

Ah.. wanna sammich?? X

boathead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) boathead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) boathead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) boathead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) boathead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) boathead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) boathead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) boathead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) boathead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) boathead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) boathead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    certainly there must be a statistic somewhere regarding recidivism of ex-cons who came from facilities that had decent fitness facilities and those that did not?

we've been through this, ad nauseum.....i was locked up in two different states, as well as the fed....there was no fitness equipment anywhere i've been. no library, no gym. nothing to do. a few decks of cards for the spades players, and that was all. THAT makes me not want to go back.

bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Ah.. wanna sammich?? X
    Whats a sammich
    On the list for Bannukah

boathead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) boathead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) boathead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) boathead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) boathead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) boathead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) boathead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) boathead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) boathead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) boathead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) boathead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    don't ask questions bh...just go with it. you wouldn't object. (a girl sandwich, me thinks she is referring to.)

grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Whats a sammich
    Originally Posted by boathead View Post
    don't ask questions bh...just go with it. you wouldn't object. (a girl sandwich, me thinks she is referring to.)
    hhmmm... I wonder... I thinks I'll let ya figure that one out.

Todd_A will become famous soon enough. (+50) Todd_A will become famous soon enough. (+50) Todd_A will become famous soon enough. (+50) Todd_A will become famous soon enough. (+50) Todd_A will become famous soon enough. (+50) Todd_A will become famous soon enough. (+50) Todd_A will become famous soon enough. (+50) Todd_A will become famous soon enough. (+50) Todd_A will become famous soon enough. (+50) Todd_A will become famous soon enough. (+50) Todd_A will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I think this might have been touched on previously, but I was trying to read through all the posts and might have missed it, but, I think that you are focusing more strictly on men in prison who are there for committing a physical crime against another person. In those cases I think restricting them from weightlifting might be a good idea.

In the many other cases where the convicted person is not in prison because of a crime against a person, but rather a theft or even something like hot check writing or something non-violent, then I see no reason to restrict them from weight lifting. Unless their temperment inside turns to violent and you might want to restrict weight lifting from anyone that acts that way for your previous resons.

Originally Posted by boathead View Post
    certainly there must be a statistic somewhere regarding recidivism of ex-cons who came from facilities that had decent fitness facilities and those that did not?

we've been through this, ad nauseum.....i was locked up in two different states, as well as the fed....there was no fitness equipment anywhere i've been. no library, no gym. nothing to do. a few decks of cards for the spades players, and that was all. THAT makes me not want to go back.
    I have found quite a few studies today.. form what I'm getting so far. The prison systems that not allow weightlifting but allow this to be carried over to comps. have good things to say about it uses.. primarily because inmates that compete are afraid of losing this privliage so they stay on pretty good behavior.

Now the studies I've found aginst it all come back to drug use or the perception that Americans have about it.. mostly the idea of having to pay tax dollars for it (even though studies show this isn't where the money comes from) or the perception that were being to easy on prisoners.

Originally Posted by Todd_A View Post
    I think this might have been touched on previously, but I was trying to read through all the posts and might have missed it, but, I think that you are focusing more strictly on men in prison who are there for committing a physical crime against another person. In those cases I think restricting them from weightlifting might be a good idea.

In the many other cases where the convicted person is not in prison because of a crime against a person, but rather a theft or even something like hot check writing or something non-violent, then I see no reason to restrict them from weight lifting. Unless their temperment inside turns to violent and you might want to restrict weight lifting from anyone that acts that way for your previous resons.
    From what I'm reading nonviolent offenders, gang members, and women aren't really drawn to weightlifting in prison. In fact it's very uncommon for younger prisoners to take an interest in weightlifting atleast according to the study I'm reading.. it's the lifers and older generations that still fight for this right and want weightlifting equipment.

bluedo will become famous soon enough. (+50) bluedo will become famous soon enough. (+50) bluedo will become famous soon enough. (+50) bluedo will become famous soon enough. (+50) bluedo will become famous soon enough. (+50) bluedo will become famous soon enough. (+50) bluedo will become famous soon enough. (+50) bluedo will become famous soon enough. (+50) bluedo will become famous soon enough. (+50) bluedo will become famous soon enough. (+50) bluedo will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I think MARIUS MAY BE RETARDED. Your wife at under 100 lbs. has dropped many men larger than you? Even if this was some how true why the fu ck is your wife getting into fights with men you idiot. Or is she so incredibly hot men attempt to rape her alot. No maybe she is a pro fighter in an underground fight league that enjoys watching 100 lb. woman fight 200 lb men because they are rich evil men.

Just cause your wife said size doen't matter doesn't mean its true.

OK I just found this study interesting..

Annotation: The Ohio Department of Rehabilitation and Correction has sought to tailor its policies to reflect public opinion while staying true to programs it believes to be ultimately good for public protection and the positive socialization of inmates in prison and in the community after release.

Abstract: Reflecting public acceptance of community corrections for nonviolent offenders, Ohio has diverted over 31,000 offenders from State prison and into community corrections sanctions since 1991. This is an effort to divert nonviolent offenders from costly imprisonment while reserving prison space for violent offenders. On another issue occasioned by public antagonism toward perceived inmate "perks," including weightlifting, the department held its ground in support of such valuable inmate management tools. The department compromised, however, in not giving inmates in maximum-security institutions access to any bodybuilding equipment. Inmates in medium-security and minimum- security prisons have access to only fixed-weight equipment. In reaction to public opinion against using public funds to provide college degree programs for inmates while some citizens could not afford to send their children to college, the department eliminated degree programs for inmates while contracting with Ohio universities to provide "continuing education" to inmates. The program avoids the use of public grants slated for traditional students. In emphasizing vocational training programs for inmates, the depart facilitates the hiring of ex-offenders upon release. The reputation of prison programs is enhanced and society benefits from the establishment of linkages between Ohio's businesses and employable ex-offenders. The department has been proactive in revising its classification system, has developed a community service program, and has taken a number of actions to support victims' rights, including opening parole hearings to victims. 5 references

If I've learned anything in my research today it's that bodybuilders & powerlifters get no respect from the outside world!! Every study I have read considers us to some sorta subculture that is drug addled, narcissistic, insecure and/or damaged in some way! WTF! no respect I tell ya..

hhmmm... I wonder... I thinks I'll let ya figure that one out.
    Can you at least give me a hint?
    On the list for Bannukah

Can you at least give me a hint?
    OMG! It's a 3 some reference! Ya know... girl boy girl = sammich LOL

OMG! It's a 3 some reference! Ya know... girl boy girl = sammich LOL
    LMFAO!!!!

Well damn why didn't you just say that! Lets go for it!
    On the list for Bannukah

EnigmaPower will become famous soon enough. (+50) EnigmaPower will become famous soon enough. (+50) EnigmaPower will become famous soon enough. (+50) EnigmaPower will become famous soon enough. (+50) EnigmaPower will become famous soon enough. (+50) EnigmaPower will become famous soon enough. (+50) EnigmaPower will become famous soon enough. (+50) EnigmaPower will become famous soon enough. (+50) EnigmaPower will become famous soon enough. (+50) EnigmaPower will become famous soon enough. (+50) EnigmaPower will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Like some guy got on my nerves I guess and we had a few words and I threw a weighted ball at his head.
    ROFLMAO!!!!

Remind me never to piss you off in the gym.
    Squat heavy or go home

Myspace: http://www.myspace.com/enigmapower

Originally Posted by EnigmaPower View Post
    ROFLMAO!!!!

Remind me never to piss you off in the gym.
    He should have ducked.

LMFAO!!!!

Well damn why didn't you just say that! Lets go for it!
    OH Now ya understand!! LMAO!!

psst.. pick me up at the airport! I'll be on the next flight!

partsRheavy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) partsRheavy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) partsRheavy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) partsRheavy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) partsRheavy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) partsRheavy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) partsRheavy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) partsRheavy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) partsRheavy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) partsRheavy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) partsRheavy has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

inmate management

...weightlifting, the department held its ground in support of such valuable inmate management tools.
    I think that part of the "inmate management" involved with weightlifting is where the inmates require more sleep because of lifting and are also sometimes sore during the day. If inmates sleep for 8-9 hours rather than, say, 6, I'd say that makes the guards' jobs easier.

How many folks here get "squirrely" after missing 4 or 5 days from lifting? Now, imagine the difference between a prison inmate the day after leg day vs. an inmate who can't lift and is pacing around in his cell with pent-up energy, anger, and boredom. The first might be "bigger," but he's also generally more easy to manage, simply because he's tired and sleeps more.

There's also a lot of discipline and emotional control involved with proper diet, which I would think would help set inmates on the "straight and narrow." It's also something where the failures of society can start to create some sort of concept of success, which is necessary for their socialization.
    investigating mechanics of pulleys, levers, and mass.

Originally Posted by partsRheavy View Post
    I think that part of the "inmate management" involved with weightlifting is where the inmates require more sleep because of lifting and are also sometimes sore during the day. If inmates sleep for 8-9 hours rather than, say, 6, I'd say that makes the guards' jobs easier.

How many folks here get "squirrely" after missing 4 or 5 days from lifting? Now, imagine the difference between a prison inmate the day after leg day vs. an inmate who can't lift and is pacing around in his cell with pent-up energy, anger, and boredom. The first might be "bigger," but he's also generally more easy to manage, simply because he's tired and sleeps more.

There's also a lot of discipline and emotional control involved with proper diet, which I would think would help set inmates on the "straight and narrow." It's also something where the failures of society can start to create some sort of concept of success, which is necessary for their socialization.
    I thought it was somewhat that the perception of the general population considers weightlifting an collage education equal in prison.... At best I think it shows people have or see no possiable redemption or rehabilitation from prisoners.

djflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    this may be slightly off topic, but I have seen some shows where they have decent gym facilities in prison and I thought to myself I have to pay for my gym membership!! These people are in jail and my taxes are going towards their gym facility, that pissed me off

partsRheavy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) partsRheavy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) partsRheavy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) partsRheavy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) partsRheavy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) partsRheavy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) partsRheavy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) partsRheavy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) partsRheavy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) partsRheavy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) partsRheavy has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Well, I didn't want to get into the whole debate about rehabilitation and parole, especially concerning the non-violent criminals. Suffice it to say that the U.S. has the world's highest incarceration rate, except for perhaps China or North Korea.

It hasn't always been this way. The U.S. incarceration rate was much lower 25 or 30 years ago, when it was more comparable to imprisonment rates in Europe. 25 or 30 years ago is when the War on Drugs really got going in the U.S.

Americans tend to look at things in simplistic, all-or-nothing terms. This leads to stuff like mandatory sentencing for non-violent crimes and situations where non-violent criminals get thrown in with violent offenders and come out of jail worse than they went in.

Of course, violent criminals need to be locked up, but in some cases with the smaller non-violent offenses, we're spending billions of dollars that might better be returned to the taxpayers. This is literally the case in California where the prison system is part of what's causing that state to go broke and not give people their tax refunds. Thirty years or so ago, more rehabilitation was done, and it was effective for certain types of first-time non-violent offenders though it doesn't work with habitual hardened criminals.

But, the public was against that. Now, there's a worse rate of recidivism.

Well, it would be a lot easier to see things in simplistic terms....looks like we might have to throw that pothead Michael Phelps in jail. (/sarcasm)

For the record, I think Phelps' advertisers are justified if they want to pull endorsements and I think the IOC should investigate his behavior and substance use. What Michael Phelps did was wrong and very unbecoming of him as an athlete.

I thought it was somewhat that the perception of the general population considers weightlifting an collage education equal in prison.... At best I think it shows people have or see no possiable redemption or rehabilitation from prisoners.
    Last edited by partsRheavy; 02-02-2009 at 04:48 PM.
    investigating mechanics of pulleys, levers, and mass.

tatdawg is just really nice. (+1000) tatdawg is just really nice. (+1000) tatdawg is just really nice. (+1000) tatdawg is just really nice. (+1000) tatdawg is just really nice. (+1000) tatdawg is just really nice. (+1000) tatdawg is just really nice. (+1000) tatdawg is just really nice. (+1000) tatdawg is just really nice. (+1000) tatdawg is just really nice. (+1000) tatdawg is just really nice. (+1000)
    its like beating a dead horse as this has been repeated over and over but in georgia prisons there are no weights and no supplements to be bought. there are no tv's in the cells only a tv mounted in the middle of the dorm. stuff like the tv and the basic cable for it are bought out of inmate funds from the store not taxpayer money. very little can be bought out of the stores as there are no microwaves. mostly raemon noodle soups and crackers and such. that goes for all levels. during my 8 year stay i was in max, close security discliplinary, medium and minium. in georgia most anything that could be viewed as a perk was removed years ago. even with no weights i stayed in excellent shape by doing massive amounts of pushups and squats and whatever i could find to do bodyweight exercises.
    Loved by some
    Hated by others
    Forgiven by the grace of God.

OH Now ya understand!! LMAO!!

psst.. pick me up at the airport! I'll be on the next flight!
    Yeah I like the bluntness, no beating around the bush here with me, tell me what ya like!

How do like to be picked up, arms-under- arms, legs wrapped around the waist (Daddy's little girl jumping into his arms) or your typical arm under back and legs? (honeymoon/hotel lift)
    On the list for Bannukah

jellodirt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jellodirt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jellodirt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jellodirt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jellodirt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jellodirt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jellodirt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jellodirt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jellodirt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jellodirt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jellodirt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    http://www.strengthtech.com/correct/...ng/listing.htm

A common list of concerns about allowing weight training in prison.

I have to say I've always been aginst this. It's one thing to allow them to exercise it's quite another to support them in getting bigger and stronger. I was pretty mad to learn that not only do the get weights but they can buy supplements like protein powders!!
    Men lift weights in prison because they are visually stimulated and a fit body is the best way to find a desirable mate.
    "Before my father died, he said the worst thing about growing old was that other men stopped seeing you as dangerous. I've always remembered that, how being dangerous was sacred, a badge of honor." - Act Of Valor

Originally Posted by djflex View Post
    this may be slightly off topic, but I have seen some shows where they have decent gym facilities in prison and I thought to myself I have to pay for my gym membership!! These people are in jail and my taxes are going towards their gym facility, that pissed me off
    Actually from what I read our tax dollars (in most case ) do not pay for this gym equipment. Most of it is paid by the inmates themselves.. they had to raise money for it. This is why they had to pass laws in order to get rid of the gyms in jails that wanted it banned. Had the prisons simply removed it .. then basically it would have been theft. What they did was pass a law saying that new stuff could not be brought into the jails this means the inmates keep what they have untill it breaks and the jails are permitted to throw it away.

Yeah I like the bluntness, no beating around the bush here with me, tell me what ya like!

How do like to be picked up, arms-under- arms, legs wrapped around the waist (Daddy's little girl jumping into his arms) or your typical arm under back and legs? (honeymoon/hotel lift)
    Actually I kinda like it rough.. I like aggressive men willing to pick a girl up and toss her around. It's more about attitude then tech.

Originally Posted by jellodirt View Post
    Men lift weights in prison because they are visually stimulated and a fit body is the best way to find a desirable mate.
    I would think men in prison would want to lift weights to avoid finding a desirable mate while they are there!!