Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

My Kid's 1st Boxing Match

My youngest son, 18, just had his first "unofficial" boxing match last week. He wrestled all through middle and high school, and now he's in his 1st year of college and is interested in MMA & Boxing. This match was postponed since before x-mas and my son was anxious to get at least one match under his belt. His opponent has fought several times before, and my son watched him fight once before...where he KO'd the guy in the 1st round. Needless to say, my son was a bit apprehensive .

Anyway, total amateur stuff here, but I'm proud of him and thought I'd post it. My son, Kyle, is the one wearing a shirt. I was really impressed that my son didn't back off and kept bringing it. He gets knocked down once, but it's actually a "pull down"/slip. You will see that his shirtless opponent falls to his knees once, and is winded badly by round #3. He even looks like he's "out on his feet" at one point. You can't really see it, but the kid is bleeding pretty profusely from the nose from like, round 1.

"If a kid asks where rain comes from, I think a cute thing to tell him is "God is crying." And if he asks why God is crying, another cute thing to tell him is "Probably because of something you did."

SP1966 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SP1966 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SP1966 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SP1966 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SP1966 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SP1966 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SP1966 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SP1966 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SP1966 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SP1966 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SP1966 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    The kid is rather blunt when making his point, wonder who that reminds me of?

First fight, impressive aggression, you would certainly expect a little apprehension in a persons first fight!
    I'm a sad little man

BuckSpin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BuckSpin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BuckSpin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BuckSpin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BuckSpin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BuckSpin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BuckSpin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BuckSpin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BuckSpin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BuckSpin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BuckSpin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Nice. Its obvious he had a game plan & stuck to it. His opponent was roundhousing from the get go, and paid for it.

So, as a dad, what was it like watching your boy "fight"? Are you going to claim those 5 minutes as cardio due to your BPM? LOL
    "Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure"

dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by SP1966 View Post
    The kid is rather blunt when making his point, wonder who that reminds me of?

First fight, impressive aggression, you would certainly expect a little apprehension in a persons first fight!
    . But yeah, I was really impressed with his apparent lack of intimidation.

Originally Posted by BuckSpin View Post
    Nice. Its obvious he had a game plan & stuck to it. His opponent was roundhousing from the get go, and paid for it.

So, as a dad, what was it like watching your boy "fight"? Are you going to claim those 5 minutes as cardio due to your BPM? LOL
    He obviously had some good coaching, and I agree, my son looked more like the experienced boxer when you consider some of the telegraph punches that kid threw.

Oh, and I wasn't at the fight. He didn't want any family/friends to see him in his first fight. I respected his wishes. And beside, it was 2hrs away from his university...out in the middle of nowhere. There are only 2 people actually cheering for him; the camera guy-friend and a girl sitting next to him. When you listen to it, you get the impression that 1/2 the place was pulling for him. But in reality, he was in somebody else territory.
    "If a kid asks where rain comes from, I think a cute thing to tell him is "God is crying." And if he asks why God is crying, another cute thing to tell him is "Probably because of something you did."

woodlake has a spectacular aura about. (+250) woodlake has a spectacular aura about. (+250) woodlake has a spectacular aura about. (+250) woodlake has a spectacular aura about. (+250) woodlake has a spectacular aura about. (+250) woodlake has a spectacular aura about. (+250) woodlake has a spectacular aura about. (+250) woodlake has a spectacular aura about. (+250) woodlake has a spectacular aura about. (+250) woodlake has a spectacular aura about. (+250) woodlake has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Congrats to you and your son. It's a great feeling watching our children compete and do well.
    It may be a small world but I'd hate to have to paint it.

"The difference between failure and success is doing a thing nearly right and doing a thing exactly right." Edward Simmons ...

rpaul11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rpaul11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rpaul11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rpaul11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rpaul11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rpaul11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rpaul11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rpaul11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rpaul11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rpaul11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rpaul11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    That's pretty cool that he won his first match. Excuse my ignorance but what is the difference between an "unofficial" match and an "official" one
    "Some people are like Slinkies. They're not really good for anything but they sure bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs."

My Training Journal - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=145043261

Originally Posted by rpaul11 View Post
    That's pretty cool that he won his first match. Excuse my ignorance but what is the difference between an "unofficial" match and an "official" one
    Basically, not counting for or against the "record" you start building.

Now, if I could only teach him how to take care of a car

eomrat has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eomrat has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eomrat has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eomrat has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eomrat has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eomrat has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eomrat has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eomrat has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eomrat has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eomrat has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eomrat has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    The kid took some nice punches and kept moving forward. His conditioning was also superior. I would be very proud.
    RWGFY

"I'd rather go down the river with seven studs than with a hundred shytheads"
    - COL Charles Beckwith

tatdawg is just really nice. (+1000) tatdawg is just really nice. (+1000) tatdawg is just really nice. (+1000) tatdawg is just really nice. (+1000) tatdawg is just really nice. (+1000) tatdawg is just really nice. (+1000) tatdawg is just really nice. (+1000) tatdawg is just really nice. (+1000) tatdawg is just really nice. (+1000) tatdawg is just really nice. (+1000) tatdawg is just really nice. (+1000)
    congratulations and respects to your son. i know he was nervous and anxious to step in the ring the first time but he did well. his superior cardio really showed. boxing is much harder than it looks. when you get winded and someone is throwing punches at you it is hard to stay focused and throw straight punches but he hung in there and did well and won. good for him my friend.
    Loved by some
    Hated by others
    Forgiven by the grace of God.

Originally Posted by tatdawg View Post
    boxing is much harder than it looks.
    QFT! He and his older and stronger brother used to go at it in the back yard with gloves, and the older brother would be winded in 1/4th the time it took Kyle to start breathing hard. His wrestling conditioning pays off a lot here.

Originally Posted by tatdawg View Post
    good for him my friend.
    Thanks Tat.

...Kennedy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ...Kennedy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ...Kennedy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ...Kennedy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ...Kennedy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ...Kennedy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ...Kennedy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ...Kennedy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ...Kennedy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ...Kennedy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ...Kennedy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Thanks for sharing that, dbx. It's pretty supportive of you to video it, doubtless it makes a great training tool as well as good memories.

The Cake Is A Lie! StressMonkey's Avatar
    StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Good for him! Respect for anyone who gets in the ring. That's gotta be tough.
    There will come a day when I tire of listening to 80's music. That day is not today.

I Really Miss The Old BodySpace

-O35 5'8" Crew- -Karl_Hungus Crew-

bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Thumbs up

Kevin be proud man, very proud your son look good in there! Nice movement, great rebound and he kept his composer, was watching his right leg, very impressive.

Mad props to him and congrats on getting to see it first hand. Seeing your son in the ring, or competing in any sport for that matter is the best feeling in the world man. Once again Big-Ups!
    On the list for Bannukah

Originally Posted by ...Kennedy View Post
    Thanks for sharing that, dbx. It's pretty supportive of you to video it, doubtless it makes a great training tool as well as good memories.
    Originally Posted by StressMonkey View Post
    Good for him! Respect for anyone who gets in the ring. That's gotta be tough.
    Originally Posted by bodyhard View Post
    Kevin be proud man, very proud your son look good in there! Nice movement, great rebound and he kept his composer, was watching his right leg, very impressive.

Mad props to him and congrats on getting to see it first hand. Seeing your son in the ring, or competing in any sport for that matter is the best feeling in the world man. Once again Big-Ups!
    Thanks guys. Yeah, you can damn sure learn from watching yourself on a recording like this. I filmed a ton of his HS wrestling matches.

Yeah, I'm proud of both sons for the same and different reasons

chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by dbx View Post
    Basically, not counting for or against the "record" you start building.

Now, if I could only teach him how to take care of a car
    eh cars come and go, but learning to fight lasts forever

I thought he looked very good especially for a first fight, his conditioning was visibly superior, his form/technique was a level better than his opponents.
    He will learn the benefits of keeping those hands higher and those elbows in as time goes on.

DarinK is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DarinK is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DarinK is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DarinK is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DarinK is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DarinK is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DarinK is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DarinK is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DarinK is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DarinK is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DarinK is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    He did a great job. Good technique too. Boxing and MMA build serious discipline and you stay in great shape. Plus these skills might come in handy one day as far as owning some scumbag who might make a move. My son is 13 he just started MMA training with me in the gym.

Originally Posted by chodan9 View Post
    eh cars come and go, but learning to fight lasts forever
    I've bought him two cars now (both cheap), and he still has no clue or inclination to want to learn how to even do basic maint. .

Originally Posted by chodan9 View Post
    I thought he looked very good especially for a first fight, his conditioning was visibly superior, his form/technique was a level better than his opponents.
    Yeah, I posted it with those thoughts especially forefront. Again, nothing amazing there, but just very impressive from my point of view because he's never been in a ring in front of a crowd before, and because it was against a kid who has much more experience. And of course, because I'm his father .

Originally Posted by DarinK View Post
    He did a great job. Good technique too. Boxing and MMA build serious discipline and you stay in great shape. Plus these skills might come in handy one day as far as owning some scumbag who might make a move. My son is 13 he just started MMA training with me in the gym.
    Hi Darin, and thanks. He's actually very level headed and would avoid a fight with someone in almost any situation, unless pushed over the edge. He's very unassuming. He's done weight training with my and his older brother before, but has always marched to his own drum. He prefers "Seal" training, endurance training kind of stuff, and always has. He only weighs 160, but he's pretty solid.

He's here with me watching this wild ass Super Bowl that AZ should by all rights lose, but looks like they're about to win. I wanted them to because they're underdogs, but they penalized the hell out of themselves. Who knows, we could see the first OT SB of all time here shortly if PIT ties it.

Guinness42 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Guinness42 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Guinness42 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Guinness42 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Guinness42 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Guinness42 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Guinness42 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Guinness42 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Guinness42 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Guinness42 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Guinness42 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Your son looked great Kevin. Congrats on his first win, unofficial or not
    "Peace doesnt accomplish as much as war does. I am born of revolution. We all are. Warriors get stuff done, like it or not." - Crupiea

" If you're in a war, instead of throwing a hand grenade at the enemy, throw one of those small pumpkins. Maybe it'll make everyone think how stupid war is, and while they are thinking, you can throw a real grenade at them." - Jack Handy via DBX

SixMillionDollarPostman buff_dad_dy's Avatar
    buff_dad_dy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) buff_dad_dy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) buff_dad_dy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) buff_dad_dy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) buff_dad_dy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) buff_dad_dy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) buff_dad_dy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) buff_dad_dy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) buff_dad_dy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) buff_dad_dy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) buff_dad_dy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    That was pretty entertaining! You must be one proud poppa!

I was somewhat expecting to see a "so you think you can fight" type of match and was pleasantly surprised that it was nowhere near that. They looked really good!

I would not have known that was your sons first fight.It looked liked he worked on his game pretty hard.
    Enjoying great genetics since 1969!

wanting the wife to give me that wink just like the Bowflex guys says ;)

My goal is to succeed on My Terms and not to fail on someone elses!

Erected 1969

Originally Posted by Guinness42 View Post
    Your son looked great Kevin. Congrats on his first win, unofficial or not
    Thanks Dave.

Originally Posted by buff_dad_dy View Post

I was somewhat expecting to see a "so you think you can fight" type of match and was pleasantly surprised that it was nowhere near that. They looked really good!

I would not have known that was your sons first fight.It looked liked he worked on his game pretty hard.
    Exactly, and this is why I was also so impressed. He gives 120% in any sport activity he's ever participated in. Someone posted something erroneous here recently about 2 wrestlers dying because of creatine whole trying to meet weigh-in requirements and I just silently laughed about the "creatine connection" they made. As mentioned earlier, this son wrestled all through middle & HS. I have known him to be 5lbs overweight before a weigh-in on a given day, and he'd go into school 2hrs early to work off (run, stairs, etc..) that 5lbs! They do some dangerous **** in HS, imo. Some of his teammates had suffered from dehydration and even malnutrition (one of the coach's sons! lofl). But one thing is for sure, he's always at the top when it comes to dedication for something he loves doing.

Capt_Lou is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Capt_Lou is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Capt_Lou is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Capt_Lou is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Capt_Lou is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Capt_Lou is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Capt_Lou is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Capt_Lou is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Capt_Lou is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Capt_Lou is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Capt_Lou is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by dbx View Post
    Thanks Dave.

Exactly, and this is why I was also so impressed. He gives 120% in any sport activity he's ever participated in. Someone posted something erroneous here recently about 2 wrestlers dying because of creatine whole trying to meet weigh-in requirements and I just silently laughed about the "creatine connection" they made. As mentioned earlier, this son wrestled all through middle & HS. I have known him to be 5lbs overweight before a weigh-in on a given day, and he'd go into school 2hrs early to work off (run, stairs, etc..) that 5lbs! They do some dangerous **** in HS, imo. Some of his teammates had suffered from dehydration and even malnutrition (one of the coach's sons! lofl). But one thing is for sure, he's always at the top when it comes to dedication for something he loves doing.
    Good for him for doing it smart! When I wresteld in H.S. there were many times that I saw guys 1-2 days before the match 10 pounds over. THey would not eat anything for 2 days, wear garbage bags when they ran, and when match time came they were too exhausted to be competitive.

I remember this one guy wanted to pay me to bump up to the next weight class (I was 145 lbs) to 152 cause he could not make weight.
    Instagram @captloufitness

Get comfortable being uncomfortable

USMC 89-97

MtnBikeMike is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MtnBikeMike is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MtnBikeMike is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MtnBikeMike is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MtnBikeMike is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MtnBikeMike is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MtnBikeMike is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MtnBikeMike is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MtnBikeMike is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MtnBikeMike is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MtnBikeMike is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by buff_dad_dy View Post

Fast, strong and disciplined. He will do well in his future matches. ^^^^^This on the first fight comment.
    Happily married father of four and grandfather of two and one on the way. Edit: Grandfather of 3 as of 02/28/2009.

http://workout.bodybuilding.com/MtnBikeMike/

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=113013061

"Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end!" Texas A&M University.

Originally Posted by Capt_Lou View Post
    When I wresteld in H.S. there were many times that I saw guys 1-2 days before the match 10 pounds over. THey would not eat anything for 2 days, wear garbage bags when they ran, and when match time came they were too exhausted to be competitive.
    Yep, his team did the exact same stuff, Lou! It's ridiculous. I always scratched my head when the coach would work them to death the very day before a big meet. Hello? Every hear of recovery?

aneas
    Great fight by your son. Took the best that kid had to offer and just kept coming at him. He has a good chin and fought a very well disciplined fight.

phikappa has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phikappa has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phikappa has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phikappa has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phikappa has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phikappa has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phikappa has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phikappa has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phikappa has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phikappa has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phikappa has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Man, it must be tough watching your kid in a fight. I have a hard enough time with the usual sports (soccer, basketball, baseball, etc).

Good luck to both of you!
    Jon Cole's Gym: '79 - '85
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=9275071&d=1603917754

ectoBgone has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ectoBgone has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ectoBgone has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ectoBgone has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ectoBgone has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ectoBgone has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ectoBgone has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ectoBgone has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ectoBgone has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ectoBgone has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ectoBgone has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    That was great. Your son has guts and a lot of heart. It seemed to me that the other kid came in with more confidence with his experience, but your boy turned the corner at one point and never looked back. Nice win!

Originally Posted by aneas View Post
    He has a good chin and fought a very well disciplined fight.
    Doing neck bridges for wrestling probably helped there too.

Originally Posted by phikappa View Post
    Man, it must be tough watching your kid in a fight. I have a hard enough time with the usual sports (soccer, basketball, baseball, etc).
    Not too bad, really. I was more worried about him breaking his neck when wrestling all those years. Seriously!

Originally Posted by ectoBgone View Post
    That was great. Your son has guts and a lot of heart. It seemed to me that the other kid came in with more confidence with his experience, but your boy turned the corner at one point and never looked back. Nice win!
    I was told that he's about the only kid who doesn't wear a shirt, as he thinks that intimidates his opponents. But beside my son knowing he was the same weight and general build, he's always enjoyed being the underdog, so it was inspiring to him, lol. He said this guy was always cocky, and that he left the arena immediately after the fight was over out of obvious embarrassment. I know he's only a kid too, so I kinda felt bad for him (but not real bad ) but sometimes folks need reality checks. I'm sure they both learned some things from that bout. My son said that the gym owner told them that his fight was the best of the evening. I don't know how many bouts there were and on what level, but I suspect he just meant they were a good match up and mixed it up pretty good.

Stevelegh is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Stevelegh is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Stevelegh is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Stevelegh is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Stevelegh is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Stevelegh is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Stevelegh is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Stevelegh is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Stevelegh is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Stevelegh is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Stevelegh is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    From my meagre experience of boxing:

Your boy looked tight and controlled with focus and good temperament compared to the other kid. On the other hand, the other kid seemed to like throwing the odd windmill and couldn't hold his ****.

I'd be well pleased. Boxing is an art I don't profess to know much about, but little DBX did look good, and that for me is as much an art as the winning.

Now you can tell me to STFU......

Hehe...........

Originally Posted by Stevelegh View Post
    From my meagre experience of boxing:

Your boy looked tight and controlled with focus and good temperament compared to the other kid. On the other hand, the other kid seemed to like throwing the odd windmill and couldn't hold his ****.

I'd be well pleased. Boxing is an art I don't profess to know much about, but little DBX did look good, and that for me is as much an art as the winning.

Now you can tell me to STFU......

Hehe...........
    Oh, hell yes....the supposed experienced opponent didn't look to me like he's been coached properly. To have experience and throw wide and windmill like that...a big no-no. But yeah, they're both just kids starting into it. My son has maybe 10 wks or so of actual training. My 73yr old uncle, who boxed quite a bit in his youth, loved watching it when I sent it to him. He was chomping at the bit to come up and train him (lives in Orlando) .

eddied27 is just really nice. (+1000) eddied27 is just really nice. (+1000) eddied27 is just really nice. (+1000) eddied27 is just really nice. (+1000) eddied27 is just really nice. (+1000) eddied27 is just really nice. (+1000) eddied27 is just really nice. (+1000) eddied27 is just really nice. (+1000) eddied27 is just really nice. (+1000) eddied27 is just really nice. (+1000) eddied27 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Good stuff Kev! I'm sure you're very proud!

Is he looking MMA or boxing in his future? These days, it looks to be MMA where boxing has kind of lost its luster.
    Thy will, not mine, be done.....

"Absolutely no reason to stop any routine you are making good progress on. The only magic bullet is progression over the LONG-TERM"
    Iron Addict (RIP)

"Hey! You can rest when you're dead!" ironwill2008