I'm off to FLORIDA! theyearofthedoer's Avatar
    theyearofthedoer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

high alkaline diet

Has anyone heard much about the high alkaline diet? It's to make the body less acidic and detoxifying. I did it for 3 day's and was skeptical at first. I felt great as far as energy and some other issues. Problem is it's pretty much vegan only stricter. I don't see it long term being a good thing if you are body building as the protein is very limited. I'm thinking maybe doing it a few days out of the week for detox purposes and just eat right for a body builder the rest of the week. Any thoughts on this as I am new to body building although I've read about it for years, just haven't made it off the couch yet until yesterday

in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Your blood and plasma will not be acidic to begin with since your body will do what it can to maintain a plasma pH of 7.35 - 7.45. Granted uninary pH can be altered via diet. What the body is doing to maintain pH is what matters if anything. But these are generally non-issues unless your diet is unbalanced and deficient in things like K+ [potassium].

So I don't see much value in it given an overall well balanced diet. You're not going to be eating massive amounts of protein to begin with and you would optimally be consuming a copious tally of vegetables and fruits which would mitigate much of the issue.
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

I'm off to FLORIDA! theyearofthedoer's Avatar
    theyearofthedoer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Even more restrictive

The diet doesn't even allow fruit, the vegies have to be raw, no wheat, nothing sweet at all, no dairy, you can eat certain nuts and grains that have a high PH and the protein you consume can't be with a carb except raw vegies. It's not so much your blood Ph it's for the stomach, intestines, and kidneys. As I mentioned a few day's of it felt pretty good. but I think long term it would be unhealthy for extended periods and instead of the energy and clear headedness you feel the first few day's I would assume your energy would be zapped. Also the body always try's to reach homeostasis so it would end up being couter productive. I look at it more as an easier form of modified fasting and clensing short term.