Page 15 of 27 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 ... LastLast
    SonOfDoom has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SonOfDoom has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SonOfDoom has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SonOfDoom has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SonOfDoom has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SonOfDoom has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SonOfDoom has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SonOfDoom has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SonOfDoom has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SonOfDoom has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SonOfDoom has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Thurs, press

2 idiot friends pissed me off like crazy this morning and completely ruined my pre-workout mood, and I gripped too wide like an idiot on floor press and ****ed up my goal weight. All my warmups felt like crap and the spotter just yanked up 490 as it was going up and started to slow down. Swear to God...

So I dropped back down and did very close grip floor press, pinky on ring (rings 28.5" wide). Doing these from now on inside the power rack with safety pins set low and will unrack myself, so I won't have to depend on moron spotters anymore.
    315x1
    365x1
    405x1
    430x1
    455x0, but VERY close

Going to stay with this variation now for a few weeks, hitting a ME session every 2 weeks, and going to implement DE overhead work for extreme speed on opposite weeks.

Very deep bodyweight dips, 13, then 7 or 8, triceps wrecked

Pullups, 12, pissed off my R bicep doing these, I think I am forever done with pullups. Keep bothering my bicep.

Seated rows, seat low (hits upper back better and makes the weight much harder)
    Don't remember reps, went up to 3 plates per side then 2 down sets with 2 plates a side. Pretty fried after all this, whole upper body completely pumped and swollen like crazy, looking really good today.
    I love you Jesse Marunde

Jesse: you too! in a totally macho, swords and axes, round house kick, bloody forearms and max squat kind of way!

SonOfDoom has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SonOfDoom has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SonOfDoom has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SonOfDoom has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SonOfDoom has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SonOfDoom has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SonOfDoom has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SonOfDoom has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SonOfDoom has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SonOfDoom has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SonOfDoom has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Sun, Bar lunges

45x2 (all sets R leg first, then L leg on same weight)
    135x2
    225x2
    275x2
    Unlatchedbelt
    315x2
    365x2
    Latched belt
    405x2
    455x2
    495x2
    555x2 (pr) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-bCGVWgE2Gw
    600x1 (pr) Camera died during this vid, of course it would when it's needed most, as usual.

Seated leg curls, 3 sets

Lying ab work, 4 sets
    I love you Jesse Marunde

Jesse: you too! in a totally macho, swords and axes, round house kick, bloody forearms and max squat kind of way!

Wed, repetition upper

Dips, but maximum range of motion. I had been doing sort of half reps before, but this time I really got a huge stretch at bottom each rep and it TORE ME APART.

Warmup then, bodyweight only

Seated rows
    3 sets

Could not do one single deep dip after all this, didn't even need to do other smaller assistance work. Arms shoulders lats pecs, all destroyed completely.
    I love you Jesse Marunde

Sat, ME deads

Reverse band deadlift, takes 135 off bottom.

135x3
    225x1
    315x1
    405x1
    Add unlatched belt
    495x1
    585x1
    Latch belt
    725x1, felt heavy above knees but went up fine. Back muscles no longer feel "hurt", they just feel like they were straining against heavy weight, and I expect my strength to keep jumping back up to pre-injury levels. Great progress. No vid, forgot my camera.

Seated leg curls, 1 Yates set (thanks Ramon!)

Poor man's GHRs, 1 set

1 legged leg extensions, 230x15 each leg

Lying anti-ab work
    I love you Jesse Marunde

-Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by SonOfDoom View Post
    Good lord, that is impressive as hell. GJ.

Tue, ME upper

Close grip floor press. Index 2" away from smooth center. Did 435 last time and barely missed 455

Warmup then
    135x1
    225x1
    275x1
    315x1
    365x1
    405x1
    460x1 (PR), very solid
    475x0, missed but very very close.

Dips, maximum depth wth bodyweight

Seated rows, 4 or 5 heavy sets of 5

One last set of dips, 7 reps, hard (smoked by now) and couldn't even do one pullup after all the rows
    I love you Jesse Marunde

Thurs morning, Barbell lunges

Warmup then
    135x2 (each leg)
    225x2
    275x1
    Add unlatched belt
    315x2
    365x2
    405x2
    455x2
    Latched belt
    Was going to do 495x2 but I believed I only had enough oomph in me for one hard set, so I slapped on 6 plates a side
    585x2, (PR) http://youtu.be/Yp0ZdGEbg_w

R oblique killing me after this as well as a big knot in my upper back, so I did one set of ham raises and went home.
    I love you Jesse Marunde

Sun, repetition upper. BWT 333

Pullups

3 progressive warmups on lat pulldowns then 19.5 bodyweight pullups (you be the judge if #20 counts)
    http://youtu.be/cuRekIZCirg

Dips, as deep as possible
    3rd set just a few.

Seated DB laterals with 1 second hold at top
    30s x15, x10.
    I love you Jesse Marunde

Tue, DE squats

Blue bands choked at bottom of rack

135x2 multiple sets
    185x2 "
    225x2 "
    275x2 "
    315x2 " http://youtu.be/TBOEnvrQCeA
    335x2 " http://youtu.be/ulvgynJqZkE

Found a small, round sided dumbbell and I rolled on it for 20 min, digging it deep into my erectors. This is exactly what I have needed. Probably why I got hurt in the first place, too much junk built up in my erectors. This deep tissue therapy is digging out all the knots and tightness.
    I love you Jesse Marunde

Really good day today.

Thurs, ME deads, reverse band

135x1
    225x1
    315x1
    405x1
    Add unlatched belt
    495x1
    585x1
    Latched belt, and added straps
    765x1 http://youtu.be/nvx-OWYDLvo
    Great since last time I did 725 and it was a real strain, and I was achy afterward. This time I felt great afterward.

2 sets of ham work and some abs to finish off, plus some self-ART on erectors
    I love you Jesse Marunde

anonymous
    really strong pull with no grinding when the bands let out.. nice work, good to see some impressive lifts in this section.

how is your back feeling?

Thanks. Back is getting a lot better the last few weeks, thankfully.

Mon, DE squats. Went AMAZING. Zero erector stiffness and speed/technique were impeccable. Used blue bands choked at bottom. Not sure how much it added at the top. 200+? 250+? Whatever. All sets with high bar position.

135x2
    135x1
    185x2
    225x2
    Add unlatched belt
    275x2
    Latched belt
    315x2
    365x2 for 5 sets, here is vid of the 4th set: http://youtu.be/TPyX2lFdMis

20 minutes of deep active release stuff on erectors and glutes to dig crap out and loosen them up.
    I love you Jesse Marunde

Wed, ME deads, Louie deads (wide stance, very strict stiff leg arched back sumo, bar starts past toes, very far in front of me. Horribly hard to start.

135x1
    135x1
    225x1
    225x1
    275x1
    Add unlatched belt
    315x1
    365x1
    405x1
    425x1
    445x1, super hard to get moving

Seated leg curls, full stack x 20 with butt against seat to get maximum stretch (pr)

Poor man's GHRs, x 10

Lying ab work and very deep tissue digging with smooth chrome dumbbell on glutes hips and erectors.
    I love you Jesse Marunde

Thurs, terrible benching

Close grip flat bench, index 1" away from smooth center. Never went this close before, not sure what to expect.

135x10 for 4 or 5 sets
    225x10 for 2 sets
    315x1
    405x4, almost 5. This felt much harder than the slightly wider grip I have used for the last few weeks on floor press. Could get zero lats into this. Thought I would be good for at least 7 or 8 though. Very long range of motion on these too. We'll see how much my power increases on this in the next few weeks. I will probably alternate weekly a fixed lighter weight (365 maybe) and 405-420 or so.

Dips, bodyweight, 13 or 14, very hard last rep

Pressdowns, 2 sets, 8-10 reps

Seated rows, 3 sets of 15

Seated laterals
    I love you Jesse Marunde

anonymous
    405 for almost 5 close grip isn't bad at all, Id be happy to take that from you if you don't want it.

actually seems better translation than I'd expect from a mid 400's floor press.. do them more regularly and it'll come up.

when I do close grip I usually drop the weight to a fixed 315 and do 10x10, don't like treating it like a regular bench workout

Went back in the gym to fix my upper body work. Decided to keep my flat benching lighter for explosiveness and reserve my heavy max work for overhead work.

Seated bottom start military press, no back support, with doubled monster mini bands

45x1
    95x1
    135x1
    185x1
    205x1
    225x1 hard
    245x0 Wow! These are awesome. Tired from yesterday's pressing, so next time I hit these, I expect a big number.

Tricep pressdowns, 200 reps total with light weight

Lat pulldowns, 3 high rep sets

1 set of seated rear delt flyes
    I love you Jesse Marunde

Sun, DE squats

45x2 for 4 or 5 sets
    135x2
    135x2
    185x2
    Add unlatched belt
    225x2
    275x2
    Latched belt
    315x2
    315x2
    365x2 for 3 sets
    405x2 for 3 sets. Here is the 2nd set: http://youtu.be/U6EzrQ_jqKo
    I love you Jesse Marunde

Wed, ME deads, reverse band. 2 weeks ago I hit 765

Hook grip
    135x1 for a few singles
    225x1
    315x1
    Unlatched belt
    405x1
    405x1
    495x1
    495x1, hold at top both times with hook grip, felt great

Latched belt tight and add straps
    815x1, (post injury PR) very good. Pretty much max effort but no pain. Just letting the erectors build themselves back up. Progress has been phenomenal lately.

3 sets of high rep seated ham curls

3 sets of foam roller abs
    I love you Jesse Marunde

Fri, DE bench
    Blue bands choked at bottom of rack, all weights for 3 rep sets
    185, multiple sets at every weight

Pressdowns, 200 reps total with 100

Seated rows, 50 reps with 2 plates
    I love you Jesse Marunde

Sat, DE squats

Low back feeling achy again even with 225, so I belted up and tried to stay very upright. Just went up to 365 + blues for lots of sets until I felt back in the groove. Low back probably still fried from 815 pull. It was definitely a grinder.

Finished with some deep ART in glutes hips and erectors
    I love you Jesse Marunde

Tue, deadlift assistance

LA Fitness is my new gym.

Seated leg curls, up to full stack x 25, x15

Pulldown abs, 150x10, 165x3

Poor man's GHR x 9

Can't wait to start hitting it hard in my old gym here. Feeling great tonight.
    I love you Jesse Marunde

Thurs, ME overhead

Seated strict press, no back support, doubled monster minis

Unlatched belt
    135x1
    185x1
    Latched belt
    205x1
    225x1
    250x1 Hard
    260x0

Pressdowns on lat pulldown, 3 sets high reps

Lat pulldowns, 3 sets high reps

Rear delts on pec dec, 3 sets
    I love you Jesse Marunde

Thurs, DE squats
    135x2
    225x2
    315x2
    405x2
    405x2
    455x2 for 3 great sets
    495x http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a3aTncemSVE felt awesome but didn't wanna push it too much

Short rom hook grip work up to 635
    I love you Jesse Marunde

Sun, deadlift assistance

Seated leg curls, whole stack + one rubber weight x 30
    Added 2 other rubber weights x 15, x8

Standing one legged leg curls, 3x8-10 each leg with full stack

Pulldown abs
    90x10
    120x6
    165x5
    165x2
    150x5
    I love you Jesse Marunde

Wed, DE bench, + blues

135x3
    135x3
    185x3
    185x3
    205x3
    205x3
    225x3
    225x3
    245x3
    245x3
    275x3 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rMD1q...el_video_title
    275x3

Few sets of lying dumbbell triceps and hammer strength rows to blow up triceps and upper back
    I love you Jesse Marunde

Thurs, DE squats + blues

45x2
    45x2
    Unlatched belt
    135x2
    135x2
    225x2
    225x2
    315x2
    315x2
    Latched belt
    405x2
    405x2
    495x2
    495x2
    545x2
    605x2 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zAsh3...el_video_title
    605x2

3 sets of one legged leg extensions, 15 reps
    I love you Jesse Marunde

Sun, deads with quadded mini bands (alltime PR: 550)

Belt unlatched up to:
    405x1
    Latched belt
    455x1
    500x1 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qgC1c...g&feature=plcp

Seated ham curls and pulldown abs, up to 165x5, then 2 down sets with 150
    I love you Jesse Marunde

Seated military press with doubled mini bands, no back support (previois PR 250)

135x1
    185x1
    225x1
    260x1 (PR) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A8lHg...ature=youtu.be

Lying tricep dumbbells, 3 sets with 60s

Seated rows, 3 sets of 20
    I love you Jesse Marunde

Thurs

DE box squats with blues
    1 set per plate up to 635x2 for 2 sets. Didn't quite feel like myself today but hit a good two doubles with 635 for speed: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LN5rx...1&feature=plcp

Destroyed my R middle fingernail on the way up with 2nd rep, gotta be more careful next time. Hard to type right now.

3 sets one legged leg extensions

4 sets one legged standing leg curls
    I love you Jesse Marunde

Sunday

Seated ham curls, top set full stack + 20 lbs rubber weights, 30 reps. 1 drop set, full stack then 160ish up to 20 reps

Pulldown abs, 90x10
    125x5
    165x8
    180x3
    165x5
    I love you Jesse Marunde