dbik has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

My quest to weigh 300lbs with a six pack...

Alright guys, prepare for a long read.

I've been lurking on these boards for at least 10 years. I was a regular poster on elitefitness.com for a long time, although honestly I've been out of the researching grind for some time now. Before I ask my questions, I'll give you my stats...

I am 31 years old, 6'3", and depending on the time of year, 260-280lbs. I have been training for 15 years, albeit for different things throughout that time. I have been as big as 320 (plenty of fat, competing in strongman) in my early 20's, to as lean and ripped as this year with 255 with less than 10% bodyfat. I am not a beginner, nor a newb, nor a stranger to AAS. I have probably 20 cycles, of all types and durations under my belt.

Throughout the years, my weight has gone up and down, but my strength has constantly increased, I am 31 now, and stronger than I have ever been, seriously. I would get frustrated when I was younger because I didn't have "old man strength" when I was competing in the regional strongman circuit. 10 years later, come to find out, it really does exist! I am working out with 315 on bench, maxing around 450, DL and squat workouts are generally done with 495. (I am currently off cycle and have been for some time now.)

I have recently made up my mind, that for once and for all, I am going to reach my goal of 300lbs, with abs showing. I dont have any motivation to compete in bodybuilding, I do not have the willpower to follow the religious diet, nor the desire to completely wreck my body with the insane amounts of drugs those guys do. (not to include ancillaries, and the cost of GH) Although possibly getting back into strongman contests do have their appeal.

So, my main question is this...why is it common practice for us, as bodybuilders, to get fat as hell in the off season. yes, I realize that a caloric overload induces anabolism, but why, in all these years, have I never seen a picture of Arnold out of shape? Why wasn't Franco Columbo, or Frank Zane, or Dave Draper ever having their bellies hang over their belt in blue jeans like mine will when I start my "bulking phase"?

I can't totally avoid cardio, I have have blood pressure, and I'm in the army. the cardio keeps my BP in check, so its not something I can stop really, plus there is always the chance of a PT test. Cardio has to stay in my workouts. Also, I get depressed as hell when I lose sight of my abs, it seriously gets to me. There has to be a way guys...

My goals are fairly simple I think. I want to be built like a 1970's bodybuilder. GH wasn't an option back then, so it shouldn't have to be a required part of any program I come up with. I think they were more appealing to the eye, and certainly well within my reach with all the advances in the fields pertaining to our sport.

I dont need AAS help, I think I have that part covered, although I'd love to hear some new information on bridging. I am currently planning to run 8 weeks on/8 weeks off pretty much until I decide to retire from this...1000mgs of test prop along with 350mg winny and some anavar just for kicks. Most of my previous cycles were Test Enath with EQ and Deca. (yes I know they are very similar, deca really did help my joints, EQ was for appetite and pump) I did several 10-14 week cycles in the beginning of my training, the last I did was a year straight...I was not impressed with my year cycle. I am looking forward to the 8/8.

I do need help a little bit on my diet though. I have no problems getting the protein I need, 400 grams a day is what I shoot for with mixture of whey, casein, dairy and meat of all types. what I do need a little info and help on is what carbs to eat and when. I dont want to do the ups and downs of chicken breast and brocolli for 4 months to cut up while I load up on clen and T-3...a long term diet that I can maintain for years...

Also, and I think this is the biggest culprit to my stagnation and my inability to achieve my ultimate goals, my workouts. Its not that I do the same workout for months on end, not hardly. I ALWAYS squat, dead, and bench. Without fail. Other than that my workouts are pretty random, in weight, exercises, everything except maybe reps which will go something like this for each and every exercise...(weight increasing on every set of course)

1 set 10
    1 set 8
    2 sets 6
    1 set 4
    2 set 10 (slow reps usually, kinda like a TUT principle I guess, I also do some static reps, ie, bar sits on my chest and I explode upward as fast as I can, then set the bar back on my chest for a 2 count, depends on my mood that day)

And that has been what I've been doing for the last 10 years...I thought my workouts were random enough, but maybe not. there are 3 core lifts and then all the other stuff is different. I dont even curl the same way 2 weeks in a row....

So now, of course, I am in the army and crossfit is taking hold of everyone and its making me sick...lol...its a GREAT system, dont get me wrong. Its great if you like endurance, and a little strength to boot, but I want to try to figure out a way to incorporate those random principles into a WOD for a guys like us...there has to be a way, I just haven't figured it out yet.

I dont envision this thread being the answers to my prayers, but I think if I could open a dialog with a few of the more experienced guys here, and recharge my workouts, I could very well reach my goals before its too late and I'm bent over and ****ing gray. I am the guy everyone comes to for advice in the gyms I go to. The army pushes endurance like a crack dealer plying his wares, and so anybody in the gym over 200lbs is a 'guru', but I need some help here, from the REAL big boys....the guys who can't pass a PT test because their lats are too ****ing big!

You can see a picture of me in my profile I think, or just send me an email and I'll give you a link to my myspace page with plenty of pictures and more info. I hope to hear from some of you guys, Thanks to all who take the time to read this, and to respond.

Sincerely,

Dan B.

Al Swearengen has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Al Swearengen has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Al Swearengen has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Al Swearengen has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Al Swearengen has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Al Swearengen has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Al Swearengen has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Al Swearengen has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Al Swearengen has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Al Swearengen has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Al Swearengen has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    check your PM messages

Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery;
    none but ourselves can free our minds

Marcus Garvey

Registered User tastslikechickn's Avatar
    tastslikechickn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tastslikechickn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tastslikechickn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tastslikechickn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tastslikechickn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tastslikechickn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tastslikechickn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tastslikechickn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tastslikechickn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tastslikechickn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tastslikechickn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    u say u want to be 300lb with abs but ur goal is to look more like a 70's bodybuilder or arnoldish...that seems very contradicting being that 300 with abs is more along the lines of big ronnie and this decade

dbik has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Tasts,

I do understand it seems a bit contradictory, but I also know I most likely wont be able to keep my bodyfat as low as the 70's pro's, if I could though, 280 would cut it.