ProteinGram48 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ProteinGram48 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ProteinGram48 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ProteinGram48 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ProteinGram48 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ProteinGram48 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ProteinGram48 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ProteinGram48 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ProteinGram48 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ProteinGram48 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ProteinGram48 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

What do you say when someone tells you you can only use 30g of protein at a time?

discuss

-TC- is just really nice. (+1000) -TC- is just really nice. (+1000) -TC- is just really nice. (+1000) -TC- is just really nice. (+1000) -TC- is just really nice. (+1000) -TC- is just really nice. (+1000) -TC- is just really nice. (+1000) -TC- is just really nice. (+1000) -TC- is just really nice. (+1000) -TC- is just really nice. (+1000) -TC- is just really nice. (+1000)
    you tell them no

Simmo0508 is a name known to all. (+5000) Simmo0508 is a name known to all. (+5000) Simmo0508 is a name known to all. (+5000) Simmo0508 is a name known to all. (+5000) Simmo0508 is a name known to all. (+5000) Simmo0508 is a name known to all. (+5000) Simmo0508 is a name known to all. (+5000) Simmo0508 is a name known to all. (+5000) Simmo0508 is a name known to all. (+5000) Simmo0508 is a name known to all. (+5000) Simmo0508 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    You turn around, shake your head, and leave GNC immediately. That's what you do.

PopeGregorius is a name known to all. (+5000) PopeGregorius is a name known to all. (+5000) PopeGregorius is a name known to all. (+5000) PopeGregorius is a name known to all. (+5000) PopeGregorius is a name known to all. (+5000) PopeGregorius is a name known to all. (+5000) PopeGregorius is a name known to all. (+5000) PopeGregorius is a name known to all. (+5000) PopeGregorius is a name known to all. (+5000) PopeGregorius is a name known to all. (+5000) PopeGregorius is a name known to all. (+5000)
    What do you say when someone tells you you can only use 30g of protein at a time?

Michael Phelps.

magrini08 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) magrini08 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) magrini08 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    use 60 just so they shut up lol!! you should have at least 1 gram per pound of bodyweight, in case you havent heard that yet. i would recommend 1.5g/lb. i weigh around 167 right now and drink about the same in grams of whey protein alone, not to mention almost half a gallon of skim milk a day (about 100 grams of milk/casein protein). im sure i eat around 100 grams or more of whole food protein sources such as eggs, lean meat, a lot of chicken and turkey breast, and salmon on the occasion. im taking in about 2g/lb of bodyweight right now. point is, it doesnt matter how much you take in at a time, it just matters that you get at least your minimum amount every day. if you want to make three 50 gram whey protein shakes or take six 30 gram shakes (with my body weight as the g/lb of bodyweight example) either way its basically the same. the only thing better about taking more of them throughout the day is some form of carbs and protein shake should make up 2 of your 5 or 6 meals during the day to keep that metabolism firing on all cylinders!! so train hard and drink up
    Don't forget, you only get out of it what you put into it...so train like a FREAK!!!

ProteinGram48 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ProteinGram48 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ProteinGram48 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ProteinGram48 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ProteinGram48 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ProteinGram48 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ProteinGram48 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ProteinGram48 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ProteinGram48 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ProteinGram48 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ProteinGram48 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Simmo0508 View Post
    You turn around, shake your head, and leave GNC immediately. That's what you do.
    LMAO!!!!! so true!!! i fukin hate gnc

Registered User biggerthanyou83's Avatar
    biggerthanyou83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) biggerthanyou83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) biggerthanyou83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) biggerthanyou83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) biggerthanyou83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) biggerthanyou83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) biggerthanyou83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) biggerthanyou83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) biggerthanyou83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) biggerthanyou83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) biggerthanyou83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by magrini08 View Post
    use 60 just so they shut up lol!! you should have at least 1 gram per pound of bodyweight, in case you havent heard that yet. i would recommend 1.5g/lb. i weigh around 167 right now and drink about the same in grams of whey protein alone, not to mention almost half a gallon of skim milk a day (about 100 grams of milk/casein protein). im sure i eat around 100 grams or more of whole food protein sources such as eggs, lean meat, a lot of chicken and turkey breast, and salmon on the occasion. im taking in about 2g/lb of bodyweight right now. point is, it doesnt matter how much you take in at a time, it just matters that you get at least your minimum amount every day. if you want to make three 50 gram whey protein shakes or take six 30 gram shakes (with my body weight as the g/lb of bodyweight example) either way its basically the same. the only thing better about taking more of them throughout the day is some form of carbs and protein shake should make up 2 of your 5 or 6 meals during the day to keep that metabolism firing on all cylinders!! so train hard and drink up
    When u hand out information like this u need to be very careful. A majority of anyone?s clients will NOT be for bodybuilding and if u read your books for any of your certifications they all talk about a balanced diet and every time they give protein recommendations its in Kg not Lbs. For all trainers u need to know what the hell your talking about or else your be looked as a ?Credit Card Trainer?. How ever for the 30 grams at a time, for some people more protein at one time will cause an upset stomach. And for most people 30grams per meal broken up into small meals would be enough. And I do believe I read something about that in one of my text books?. Ill look into it for you

FlexGC has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FlexGC has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FlexGC has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FlexGC has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FlexGC has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FlexGC has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FlexGC has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FlexGC has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FlexGC has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FlexGC has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FlexGC has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by biggerthanyou83 View Post
    When u hand out information like this u need to be very careful. A majority of anyone?s clients will NOT be for bodybuilding and if u read your books for any of your certifications they all talk about a balanced diet and every time they give protein recommendations its in Kg not Lbs. For all trainers u need to know what the hell your talking about or else your be looked as a ?Credit Card Trainer?. How ever for the 30 grams at a time, for some people more protein at one time will cause an upset stomach. And for most people 30grams per meal broken up into small meals would be enough. And I do believe I read something about that in one of my text books?. Ill look into it for you
    there is a limit to how much protien you're body can ingest in one sitting

nickmanzoni is not very well liked. (-100) nickmanzoni is not very well liked. (-100) nickmanzoni is not very well liked. (-100) nickmanzoni is not very well liked. (-100) nickmanzoni is not very well liked. (-100) nickmanzoni is not very well liked. (-100) nickmanzoni is not very well liked. (-100) nickmanzoni is not very well liked. (-100) nickmanzoni is not very well liked. (-100) nickmanzoni is not very well liked. (-100) nickmanzoni is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by FlexGC View Post
    there is a limit to how much protien you're body can ingest in one sitting
    But the POINT is to NOT set an exact number.
    I would've lied if I told you this was easy.

Check out my tumblr: http://nickmanzoni.tumblr.com/

jules_d1 is a name known to all. (+5000) jules_d1 is a name known to all. (+5000) jules_d1 is a name known to all. (+5000) jules_d1 is a name known to all. (+5000) jules_d1 is a name known to all. (+5000) jules_d1 is a name known to all. (+5000) jules_d1 is a name known to all. (+5000) jules_d1 is a name known to all. (+5000) jules_d1 is a name known to all. (+5000) jules_d1 is a name known to all. (+5000) jules_d1 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by biggerthanyou83 View Post

well said.

Thats kinda out dated info and its a big generalisation. I just find it funny that 30g is the magic number for all. A petite woman can only use 30g just like a 250lb guy can only use 30g

I always question this and ask what time period this is over etc etc

FlexGC has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FlexGC has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FlexGC has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FlexGC has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FlexGC has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FlexGC has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FlexGC has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FlexGC has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FlexGC has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FlexGC has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FlexGC has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by nickmanzoni View Post
    But the POINT is to NOT set an exact number.
    I don't know if the the limit for all people across the board or it varies depending to your size etc.

flexapeal is on a distinguished road. (+10) flexapeal is on a distinguished road. (+10) flexapeal is on a distinguished road. (+10) flexapeal is on a distinguished road. (+10) flexapeal is on a distinguished road. (+10) flexapeal is on a distinguished road. (+10) flexapeal is on a distinguished road. (+10) flexapeal is on a distinguished road. (+10) flexapeal is on a distinguished road. (+10) flexapeal is on a distinguished road. (+10) flexapeal is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    GNC blows

BigBstrongman is just really nice. (+1000) BigBstrongman is just really nice. (+1000) BigBstrongman is just really nice. (+1000) BigBstrongman is just really nice. (+1000) BigBstrongman is just really nice. (+1000) BigBstrongman is just really nice. (+1000) BigBstrongman is just really nice. (+1000) BigBstrongman is just really nice. (+1000) BigBstrongman is just really nice. (+1000) BigBstrongman is just really nice. (+1000) BigBstrongman is just really nice. (+1000)
    I would say thats wrong and explain to them what the 30g a sitting means. The average amount fully absorbed by participants in studies was 30g Over a period of about 45-70min after then anything not digested was on the road to the toilet, but it was all over the board with anywhere form 15-80g. Everyone is different and you can actually train the body to digest more over time, Because it will expect to get large amounts of protein thus having more of the enzymes needed to break it down.

They get some facts right, they just have no IDEA What any of it means LOL. I sure hope he didnt think it meant 30g a day!!!

BlitzEclipse has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BlitzEclipse has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BlitzEclipse has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BlitzEclipse has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BlitzEclipse has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BlitzEclipse has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BlitzEclipse has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BlitzEclipse has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BlitzEclipse has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BlitzEclipse has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BlitzEclipse has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Simmo0508 View Post
    haha very true! I went to GNC to grab some protein and a counter rep randomly informed me that I should be drinking 24 glasses of water a day...

B.S. Kinesiology CSCS Vipersg123's Avatar
    Vipersg123 is just really nice. (+1000) Vipersg123 is just really nice. (+1000) Vipersg123 is just really nice. (+1000) Vipersg123 is just really nice. (+1000) Vipersg123 is just really nice. (+1000) Vipersg123 is just really nice. (+1000) Vipersg123 is just really nice. (+1000) Vipersg123 is just really nice. (+1000) Vipersg123 is just really nice. (+1000) Vipersg123 is just really nice. (+1000) Vipersg123 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by BigBstrongman View Post
    I would say thats wrong and explain to them what the 30g a sitting means. The average amount fully absorbed by participants in studies was 30g Over a period of about 45-70min after then anything not digested was on the road to the toilet, but it was all over the board with anywhere form 15-80g. Everyone is different and you can actually train the body to digest more over time, Because it will expect to get large amounts of protein thus having more of the enzymes needed to break it down.

They get some facts right, they just have no IDEA What any of it means LOL. I sure hope he didnt think it meant 30g a day!!!
    woh woh woh... post those studies for me RIGHT NOW PLEASE.

dshinton is on a distinguished road. (+10) dshinton is on a distinguished road. (+10) dshinton is on a distinguished road. (+10) dshinton is on a distinguished road. (+10) dshinton is on a distinguished road. (+10) dshinton is on a distinguished road. (+10) dshinton is on a distinguished road. (+10) dshinton is on a distinguished road. (+10) dshinton is on a distinguished road. (+10) dshinton is on a distinguished road. (+10) dshinton is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by FlexGC View Post
    I don't know if the the limit for all people across the board or it varies depending to your size etc.
    There was a study (sorry I can't find it right now) that showed that the human body will adapt to the amount of protein intake. For example, if you ingest 50g of protein, the body may only absorb 20g at first. If you keep taking 50g, your body will eventually adapt and absorb all 50 in one sitting.
    Professional Fitness Trainer
    MS, NASM, NFPT

CSmit724 is on a distinguished road. (+10) CSmit724 is on a distinguished road. (+10) CSmit724 is on a distinguished road. (+10) CSmit724 is on a distinguished road. (+10) CSmit724 is on a distinguished road. (+10) CSmit724 is on a distinguished road. (+10) CSmit724 is on a distinguished road. (+10) CSmit724 is on a distinguished road. (+10) CSmit724 is on a distinguished road. (+10) CSmit724 is on a distinguished road. (+10) CSmit724 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by GregT View Post

Michael Phelps.
    Haha...Awesome

Simmo0508 is a name known to all. (+5000) Simmo0508 is a name known to all. (+5000) Simmo0508 is a name known to all. (+5000) Simmo0508 is a name known to all. (+5000) Simmo0508 is a name known to all. (+5000) Simmo0508 is a name known to all. (+5000) Simmo0508 is a name known to all. (+5000) Simmo0508 is a name known to all. (+5000) Simmo0508 is a name known to all. (+5000) Simmo0508 is a name known to all. (+5000) Simmo0508 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by dshinton View Post
    There was a study (sorry I can't find it right now) that showed that the human body will adapt to the amount of protein intake. For example, if you ingest 50g of protein, the body may only absorb 20g at first. If you keep taking 50g, your body will eventually adapt and absorb all 50 in one sitting.
    That's exactly how i see it.

We train our bodies in the gym to perform a certain way, and after time the body adapts to the new demands in the form of growing new muscle etc. Likewise with one's diet, the body adapts after a while. If you give it reason to use x amount of something, it'll use a higher amount obviously. If you're body doesn't have a reason to use it, then of course one is just ****ting away their money.

Truth be told, you go to the gym and you'll hardly see anyone training their balls off. Most people are pussies. When you're doin hardcore **** and liftin heavy all the time, one needs to accomodate that in the kitchen.

Like for example, 30g of protein is just a small can of tuna. That's nothing. It's anorexic ****. Men typically have huge appetites, especially us bigger blokes. I usually go for 60-70g per meal x 5-6 meals daily. Could care less what anyone else says lol *hits a front double bi in yo face*

And when you're eating **** like steak and chicken all the time, it's easy protein. It adds up quick. Like 300g of steak is around 70g of protein right there. You eat that and you're still hungry :P
    Last edited by Simmo0508; 01-09-2009 at 09:08 PM.

DoItUp is on a distinguished road. (+10) DoItUp is on a distinguished road. (+10) DoItUp is on a distinguished road. (+10) DoItUp is on a distinguished road. (+10) DoItUp is on a distinguished road. (+10) DoItUp is on a distinguished road. (+10) DoItUp is on a distinguished road. (+10) DoItUp is on a distinguished road. (+10) DoItUp is on a distinguished road. (+10) DoItUp is on a distinguished road. (+10) DoItUp is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    this has been an ongoing argument for ever. I've been told 21g at a sitting and I have also been told 40g a sitting. I agree with the ^ your body will adapt and everyone is different. There is no set number for everyone but I also wouldn't start ingesting 50g of protein if you are just starting taking protein shakes, your stomach may not like you too much. Start at 20 and work up to what ever you are going to be taking.
    PTS, NCCP, going to be working on CSEP once I finish my undergrad

Working on my honours BASc in Kinesiology and health and fitness promotion

-education and application need to used together, without one the other is useless

carl.c is a jewel in the rough. (+500) carl.c is a jewel in the rough. (+500) carl.c is a jewel in the rough. (+500) carl.c is a jewel in the rough. (+500) carl.c is a jewel in the rough. (+500) carl.c is a jewel in the rough. (+500) carl.c is a jewel in the rough. (+500) carl.c is a jewel in the rough. (+500) carl.c is a jewel in the rough. (+500) carl.c is a jewel in the rough. (+500) carl.c is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Proteingram48: I don't mean to sound like a smart ass but you really need to learn how to use a search engine. I spend at least 10 hours a week reading research on fitness and nutrition. A good place to start is your certification web sight.
    You may have miss typed the question but I would never start someone off more then 24 grams of protien at ANY ONE TIME. The amount can be adjusted up once the clients tolarance is astablished.

SUSprinter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SUSprinter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SUSprinter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SUSprinter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SUSprinter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SUSprinter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SUSprinter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SUSprinter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SUSprinter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SUSprinter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SUSprinter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I get violent with them.

carl.c is a jewel in the rough. (+500) carl.c is a jewel in the rough. (+500) carl.c is a jewel in the rough. (+500) carl.c is a jewel in the rough. (+500) carl.c is a jewel in the rough. (+500) carl.c is a jewel in the rough. (+500) carl.c is a jewel in the rough. (+500) carl.c is a jewel in the rough. (+500) carl.c is a jewel in the rough. (+500) carl.c is a jewel in the rough. (+500) carl.c is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Vipersg123: You to need to start doing your own searching, to throw out the give me the research right now only indicates you do little to no reading on fitness topics.
    To show you how simple it is heres agood perreviewed article with sights took me allof 2 minutes to find. http://www.pubmedcentral.nih.gov/art...tool=pmcentrez.
    Last edited by carl.c; 01-10-2009 at 02:52 PM.

B.S. Kinesiology CSCS Vipersg123's Avatar
    Vipersg123 is just really nice. (+1000) Vipersg123 is just really nice. (+1000) Vipersg123 is just really nice. (+1000) Vipersg123 is just really nice. (+1000) Vipersg123 is just really nice. (+1000) Vipersg123 is just really nice. (+1000) Vipersg123 is just really nice. (+1000) Vipersg123 is just really nice. (+1000) Vipersg123 is just really nice. (+1000) Vipersg123 is just really nice. (+1000) Vipersg123 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by carl.c View Post
    Vipersg123: You to need to start doing your own searching, to throw out the give me the research right now only indicates you do little to no reading on fitness topics.
    To show you how simple it is heres agood perreviewed article with sights took me allof 2 minutes to find. http://www.pubmedcentral.nih.gov/art...tool=pmcentrez.
    I have searched for a long time for anything to do with this topic... i even went to my professor, one of the leading scientists on bioenergetics in the entire united states and he said he didn't even think there was research regarding it.

Not to mention, the study you linked didn't even answer the question about how much protein you can have in 1 serving that will be absorbed without excess going ot waste... the guy i quoted said it was ~30g from what he read in a study, and I have yet to see one on the matter. Go find that for me in 2 minutes, because I have never come across it.

Thanks for trying.
    Last edited by Vipersg123; 01-10-2009 at 08:39 PM.

flexapeal is on a distinguished road. (+10) flexapeal is on a distinguished road. (+10) flexapeal is on a distinguished road. (+10) flexapeal is on a distinguished road. (+10) flexapeal is on a distinguished road. (+10) flexapeal is on a distinguished road. (+10) flexapeal is on a distinguished road. (+10) flexapeal is on a distinguished road. (+10) flexapeal is on a distinguished road. (+10) flexapeal is on a distinguished road. (+10) flexapeal is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    You definitely need protein after a workout. 30g is alot and enough at one time. It also depends on what you are trying to accomplish. If you want to add size and weight you will need more protein throughout the day. 30g at one setting is good enough.

Originally Posted by dshinton View Post
    cool
    how long does it take your body to adapt?
    so could I just keep pumping 200g of protein until I adapt so I can just do it in one sitting and not have to carry 10 shaker cups with me

DoItUp is on a distinguished road. (+10) DoItUp is on a distinguished road. (+10) DoItUp is on a distinguished road. (+10) DoItUp is on a distinguished road. (+10) DoItUp is on a distinguished road. (+10) DoItUp is on a distinguished road. (+10) DoItUp is on a distinguished road. (+10) DoItUp is on a distinguished road. (+10) DoItUp is on a distinguished road. (+10) DoItUp is on a distinguished road. (+10) DoItUp is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I read the study from pubmed ( carl.c -great site btw- use it alot) I only through it once but from what I understand it stated that the average person takes can digest about 30g in a serving. I didn't find how much a resistance trained athlete can digest, I'm not even sure if its in the study, but it stated that it was substantially higher for the reistance trained athletes. So who ever said before in this post that your body will adapt to how much protein you can digest was correct according to this study

I think protein digestion has to do with two things. Your body adapting to the increased amount of protein you ingest, and the amount your body requires after resistance training. No matter how many studies are done I don't think there will ever be a magic number, everyones different.
    PTS, NCCP, going to be working on CSEP once I finish my undergrad

Working on my honours BASc in Kinesiology and health and fitness promotion

-education and application need to used together, without one the other is useless

ThatArmyKid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ThatArmyKid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ThatArmyKid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ThatArmyKid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ThatArmyKid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ThatArmyKid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ThatArmyKid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ThatArmyKid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ThatArmyKid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ThatArmyKid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ThatArmyKid is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    i get 375g of protein/day but i'm not a average person trying to lose weight who might have some kind of health condition

to a client that i do not know very well or just average person 1g/lb will be fine to start off

Viper: I don't know our proffesor but I think he gave you to short of an answer. The problem with the question you ask is there is no answer.
    Protien needs to be in excess for the body to maximes its usage.
    For exsample only if you take in 10 grams of protien the body will use 7 grams for muscle growth, if you take in 20 grams your body will use 16 grams for muscle growth. (Numbers are made up). that is why you see protien in studies expressed as grams per body weight.