callmegumby has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) callmegumby has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) callmegumby has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) callmegumby has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) callmegumby has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) callmegumby has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

While you're standing around laughing, I'm working my butt off...

I'm finally serious enough to warrant a journal...

I've been at it for a couple of months, but I haven't seen anything until the last couple of weeks. Problem is, I had a back injury, so I was too chicken-sh!t to use free weights. I used machines and ruined my shoulders. I started all over and I'm finally starting to get somewhere.

I'm doing all pro's "simple beginner's routine" (http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=4195843)
    I finished my first cycle today, and I'm happy (and a bit surprised) to say that I PR'd all of my exercises, so I can up my 10rm for next week.

This cycle's 10RMs:
    Bench: 110 lbs
    Leg Press: 140 lbs (plus weight of sled)
    calf raises: 90 lbs (plus weight of sled)
    Hamstring curls: 100 lbs
    Overhead Presses: 55 lbs
    Back hyperextensions: 10 lbs
    bent-over rows: 60 lbs
    Barbell curls: 45 lbs

Supps:
    IDS multi-pro whey isolate
    superpump 250 (2 scoops pre and 1/2 scoop on non training days)
    creatine mono powder (to fill out my 5g on non-workout days)
    melaleuca proflex (great protein blend, sometimes I take it before bed with milk)

Diet:
    shooting for 4000 cals a day, but I usually get 3000-3500. It will be easier when classes start again and my day is a little more structured. I eat between 10 and 20% fat, about 230g protein and fill the rest in with carbs, mostly from oats and whole grain breads, and a couple pieces of fruit. I also have a homemade weight gainer that I use to try to hit my cals. It has the two protein powders I listed, PB, flax oil, oats, and skim milk.

Attitude:
    I'm absolutely pumped. I'm finally getting somewhere and it's just making me more motivated.

Goals:
    I want to complete every cycle of my routine, and bulk until it's warm enough to ride my bicycle again ( I live in Iowa, should be mid-april or so). Then I'm going to do a cut to see what I got. I plan on maintaining my lifts over the summer, and in the fall I'll bulk until spring. I figure it should take me 3 or 4 years to get where I want to be, which is around 175lbs or so and lean. This will probably be the upper limit of my ability (genetics).

Today:
    egg and toast for breakfast with a scoop of whey isolate, then 2 scoops of superpump 250, then the gym. Had another scoop of whey postwkt...

callmegumby has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) callmegumby has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) callmegumby has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) callmegumby has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) callmegumby has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) callmegumby has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Back at school, and had a whole dilemma with my room being destroyed and stuff, so I finally got to lift today. I did my heavy day of the first week of my new cycle, and it went pretty well. The lifts felt really heavy, but I got through them alright. My diet has been together pretty well the past couple of days, and I weighed in at 164 today. Wonder how much of that was water...

This cycle's 10rm
    Bench: 120 lbs
    Leg Press: 160 lbs (plus weight of sled)
    calf raises: 100 lbs (plus weight of sled)
    Hamstring curls: 110 lbs - (forgot to do today, not sure how to fit it in)
    Overhead Presses: 60 lbs
    Back hyperextensions: 12 lbs
    bent-over rows: 65 lbs
    Barbell curls: 50 lbs

Curls really rocked my forearms today.

Started 9-rep week today. I didn't feel all that good about it (ate like crap this weekend), but it went pretty well. Next week I'll start hitting PRs again, and I can't wait. I stopped taking creatine on off days, and my weight was 160 on an empty stomach and after two trips to the can. My cals were a little low today, but I was really busy so I'm okay with where I ended up.

First day of 11 rep week went well, but my back is hurting me. Bent over rows are the culprit. I'm going to stretch the **** out of it and sleep on the heating pad. I measured today, and found that I've gotten another 1/4" on my arms. The stomach is getting bigger too, it's not just in my head. I'm excited to finish my next cycle so I can start cutting. I might start doing off-day cardio to help stem the fat gain a little.

I'm really pumped up, I'm making a lot of progress. It's going faster than I imagined.

Day one of 12 rep week is a success. I PRed all my lifts, except bent over rows, because I'm not doing them for a few weeks. I'm going to skip them, and pick back up where I left off on this cycle. I was sick wed-fri, and I had a chem exam, so I wasn't eating well. Friday's workout made me feel like I was going to throw up and die, and today's was strange too. I would finish my set, then I'd get a lactic-acid like burn that would last for ten minutes or so. It was brutal, but I got through it. I'm going to start doing cardio tomorrow and cut my cals by 300 or so to reverse this fat gain bull****. If it make it through my next cycle, great; if not, that's okay too if the gut shrinks. We'll see, a little at a time.

Kraftee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kraftee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kraftee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kraftee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kraftee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kraftee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kraftee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kraftee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kraftee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kraftee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kraftee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Sounds like you and I are in the same boat.

Though you seem to have a structured diet and I don't how did you sort yourself out?

I was going to ask my gyms personal trainer about it but she seemed a little confused about what I was trying to ask her. :/

I'll follow this.

Haven't posted for a while, but I'm still at it. I'm almost through the 10 rep week. It's getting harder, but I'm also not eating as much. I'm tracking everything on fitday and maintaining a 500 calorie deficit and I added a little cardio. Still waiting for results.

I took a week off for spring break, and my lifts all nose-dived. I haven't lost any more size though, except for 1" on my gut. It looks like things will work out, but I'm going to have to accept a decline in my lifts for a while. I want so badly to succeed, but I just need to refocus and realize that it's going to take a while. Maybe even longer than for most people. I went off creatine for a couple of weeks, and I think that may have also hurt my lifts. I lost about 6 pounds in water, so now I have an idea how much water weight I actually hold from creatine. I bought more, and also reordered sp250. I tried the myo-shock samples today, and I hated it. It just made me a little dizzy and upset my stomach. I got through my 10-rep heavy day, with the exception of the bench press. I got the first set, but not the second. I've learned that intensity and persistence are key for me; if I take time off, I get into trouble.

Originally Posted by Kraftee View Post
    Sounds like you and I are in the same boat.

Though you seem to have a structured diet and I don't how did you sort yourself out?

I was going to ask my gyms personal trainer about it but she seemed a little confused about what I was trying to ask her. :/

I'll follow this.
    Sorry, didn't see you had a question in there. It's probably too late, but I was using an excel spreadsheet, but I found it easier to put everything on fitday.com. It rules.