lpager has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Exclamation Possible posterior shoulder labrum tear HELP!

About 4 months ago I injured my shoulder while doing a barbell incline press.My shoulder then began to pop and click alot.I went to the doctor and got an arthrogram MRI.When i recieved the report back it said that there was fraying and tendonitis in the supraspinatus tendon located at the top of the rotator cuff.But,when i went to see the doctor for a follow up,he did some physical tests on me and said that he thinks there is labral tear a.k.a SLAP tear (even though it didnt show up on the MRI).He said that i have two options,do some rehab and see how it goes or go through arthroscopic surgery and recover from it six months later with rehab.
    Has anyone ever been in the same position as me with a labral tear and either gotten surgery,or just strengthened the muscles in the shoulder?How effective was the rehab or surgery?
    Thanks
    Last edited by lpager; 01-12-2009 at 12:13 PM.

eclipse2004 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i was doing shrugs and the same thing happened to me but the MRI showed a slap 2 lesion. i am waiting to see a surgen but it will be a long time. Have you got anywhere with your injury, and besides the clicking do you get pain in the back of you neck?

500 Internal Server Error trek_6k's Avatar
    trek_6k is a name known to all. (+5000) trek_6k is a name known to all. (+5000) trek_6k is a name known to all. (+5000) trek_6k is a name known to all. (+5000) trek_6k is a name known to all. (+5000) trek_6k is a name known to all. (+5000) trek_6k is a name known to all. (+5000) trek_6k is a name known to all. (+5000) trek_6k is a name known to all. (+5000) trek_6k is a name known to all. (+5000) trek_6k is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Check out my thread: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=113558631

I just had surgery on my shoulder on 1/23/09. I had originally went in to get the posterior labral tear fixed, but while doing the arthroscopy, my ortho found that my biceps tendon and rotator cuff were also torn.

Prior to the surgery, I had tried PT and it didn't help. Over time the injury progressively seemed to worsen to where it bothered me in daily activities. Doing the rehab first is the conservative route and if it works well, then wonderful. I'm looking at a pretty long road before I can start hitting any sort of weights again.
    "The wise know too well their weakness to assume infallibility; he who knows most, knows best how little he knows."

-Thomas Jefferson