Closed Thread
Page 36 of 36 FirstFirst ... 26 34 35 36
Results 1,051 to 1,075 of 1075
    DavyKOTWF has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DavyKOTWF has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DavyKOTWF has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DavyKOTWF has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DavyKOTWF has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DavyKOTWF has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DavyKOTWF has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DavyKOTWF has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DavyKOTWF has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DavyKOTWF has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DavyKOTWF has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Day 10 now. Looks like I'm the only one following the Warrior's way of life eating.
    I like the light feeling all thru the day. (many call it full of energy feeling, though I'm not having that yet, since I also feel weak)
    Will weigh again in 4 days. But I can see the benefit in this way of eating for sure. Today I've eaten wasabi almonds, blueberries, a grapefruit, just now a fresh salad with carrot, roma tomato, sprouts, sunflower seeds, spinach, Romaine lettuce a little green goddess dressing. 1 cup of coffee today. Tonight at 5pm will be grass fed sirloin, mashed potatoes, ear of corn, that's probably it.
    Got the book and reading it...much much better than just things you pick up on the net or the e book.
    I wonder when the energy and no weakness picks up. Soon I suppose.
    So, so nice not to have to count calories or 5 or 6 meals. I feel like I am becoming two with nature now.
    Last edited by DavyKOTWF; 08-11-2015 at 02:17 PM.
    “The successful WARRIOR is the average man, with laser-like focus.” Bruce Lee

"I wish God would give me some sort of a sign. Like a large money deposit in a Swiss bank." Woody Allen

DavyKOTWF has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DavyKOTWF has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DavyKOTWF has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DavyKOTWF has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DavyKOTWF has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DavyKOTWF has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DavyKOTWF has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DavyKOTWF has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DavyKOTWF has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DavyKOTWF has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DavyKOTWF has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Day 11, I couldn't wait and weighed. Down a lb.
    but my wife was immature, I was in the bath and she came in and sank my boats.

"I wish God would give me some sort of a sign. Like a large money deposit in a Swiss bank." Woody Allen

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by DavyKOTWF View Post
    Day 11, I couldn't wait and weighed. Down a lb.
    but my wife was immature, I was in the bath and she came in and sank my boats.
    This isn't a journal thread.

If you wish to log your daily meals, start a thread here:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/forumdisplay.php?f=553
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Where the mind goes, the body follows.

Ironwill Gym:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=629719403&postcount=3388

Ironwill2008 Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157459343&p=1145168733

That was a joke.
    Doesn't seem to be much of a thread any more. It's not a place to chastise other members either.
    Thread's dead.
    I'm gone.

EdenPrime is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EdenPrime is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EdenPrime is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EdenPrime is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EdenPrime is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EdenPrime is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EdenPrime is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EdenPrime is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EdenPrime is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EdenPrime is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EdenPrime is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    That was a joke.
    Doesn't seem to be much of a thread any more.
    Guess the fad has worn away....
    "A lot of people b*tch (a lot) about having to restrict their food intake. It's no fun but that's the price you pay: you can either suck it up or stay fat." - Lyle McDonald

"Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence." - Carl Sagan

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz
    That was a joke.
    Doesn't seem to be much of a thread any more. It's not a place to chastise other members either.
    Thread's dead.
    I'm gone.
    My intention was to alert you to the proper on-topic forum in which to post a nutrition journal.

I'm not an 'other member;' if I were to "chastise" you, you'd know it.
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Where the mind goes, the body follows.

Ironwill Gym:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=629719403&postcount=3388

Ironwill2008 Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157459343&p=1145168733

jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000) jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000) jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000) jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000) jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000) jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000) jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000) jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000) jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000) jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000) jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by ironwill2008 View Post
    This isn't a journal thread.

If you wish to log your daily meals, start a thread here:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/forumdisplay.php?f=553
    Hey, buddy!

I'm still using Warrior Diet techniques if not fully following the diet. I'm 41 now and have gained mass, maitained BF% and kept strength constant.
    I tend to miss lunch due to work schedule anyway, so I'm eating a little before 7am and more after 7pm. Recently, I went through a stricter phase and dropped 7lbs of BF in 2 months without losing strength or changing any other variable in my routine.
    "Suffer the pain of discipline or suffer the pain of regret."

Training regularly but no progress?
    You need one or more of these: more food, more weight, more reps or more rest.

Check out: www.muscleandbrawn.com

oldmanVic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

This really works...

So I looked into Paleo and Warrior diets about 8 years ago. I'm a software analyst by profession, and as such, I have a tendency to review tons of material before starting any venture. I did my due diligence on both 'diets' and came to the following conclusion: humans are a product of tens of thousands of years of evolution. Our bodies have been tweaked by mother nature to survive and procreate by a very defined protocol if we are to remain healthy and productive.

I do this every day:

Wake up about 7 am. I drink a glass of water as I feel dehydrated from sleep. Then I go for my morning 'brisk' walk of 3 miles, eating a carrot or celery stick and some nuts or apple or orange along the way. Think of it like this: our ancestors would wake up, and start their daily hunt for food. Along the way, they would eat the occasional fruit/nut/root etc that they would happen to find along the way. After my morning walk, I shower and proceed to go to work. I eat NOTHING all day, only drinking coffee twice throughout the day. I do add non-dairy creamer and Stevia as a sweetener.

Upon returning home, I take another 'brisk' 5 mile walk. Again I eat a cucumber, raisins, whatever along the way. When I return home, I do about 3 sets of pushups consisting of between 12-15 pushups. I vary the hand placement of each set of pushups all the time: wide, above/below, staggered using books, etc. Then I spend a few minutes doing planks, just standard planks to get the gut tight. I then go ahead and make myself a healthy dinner consisting of good protein (chicken, steak, fish, etc.), veggies and fruit for dessert. I serve myself really good portions of each. I do include a diet beverage or tea at this time as well. I do not eat: bread, pasta, rice, corn, potatoes, tortillas, crackers, cakes, cookies, or dairy products, etc. I do not eat grains of any type if I can help it, although I occasionally cheat! Grains are what we feed our livestock to fatten them up, and milk is for calves to fatten them up as well, so why would we consume those? But I digress....I usually go to sleep about 11-12.

I am 5'10" and started this weighing 265 lbs. I am now 190 lbs and not muscular but toned and hard. I no longer have trouble sleeping, I no longer snore, I sleep profoundly and wake up refreshed and well rested. My mental capacity is sharper than ever and I never feel hungry, EVER. I do occasionally 'cheat' but that is only on special occasions and is limited to really good pizza or really good whole wheat bread. I also do consume alcohol: a glass or two of wine or a few beers here and there. My doctor is amazed at my numbers when I get my annual physical. By the way, I am 55 years old, feel great and take no medications of any kind. It's a lifestyle. One that makes common sense and incorporates all the things that made our species the dominant species on the planet.

EmperorRyker is a name known to all. (+5000) EmperorRyker is a name known to all. (+5000) EmperorRyker is a name known to all. (+5000) EmperorRyker is a name known to all. (+5000) EmperorRyker is a name known to all. (+5000) EmperorRyker is a name known to all. (+5000) EmperorRyker is a name known to all. (+5000) EmperorRyker is a name known to all. (+5000) EmperorRyker is a name known to all. (+5000) EmperorRyker is a name known to all. (+5000) EmperorRyker is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by oldmanVic View Post
    So I looked into Paleo and Warrior diets about 8 years ago. I'm a software analyst by profession, and as such, I have a tendency to review tons of material before starting any venture. I did my due diligence on both 'diets' and came to the following conclusion: humans are a product of tens of thousands of years of evolution. Our bodies have been tweaked by mother nature to survive and procreate by a very defined protocol if we are to remain healthy and productive.

I do this every day:

Wake up about 7 am. I drink a glass of water as I feel dehydrated from sleep. Then I go for my morning 'brisk' walk of 3 miles, eating a carrot or celery stick and some nuts or apple or orange along the way. Think of it like this: our ancestors would wake up, and start their daily hunt for food. Along the way, they would eat the occasional fruit/nut/root etc that they would happen to find along the way. After my morning walk, I shower and proceed to go to work. I eat NOTHING all day, only drinking coffee twice throughout the day. I do add non-dairy creamer and Stevia as a sweetener.

Upon returning home, I take another 'brisk' 5 mile walk. Again I eat a cucumber, raisins, whatever along the way. When I return home, I do about 3 sets of pushups consisting of between 12-15 pushups. I vary the hand placement of each set of pushups all the time: wide, above/below, staggered using books, etc. Then I spend a few minutes doing planks, just standard planks to get the gut tight. I then go ahead and make myself a healthy dinner consisting of good protein (chicken, steak, fish, etc.), veggies and fruit for dessert. I serve myself really good portions of each. I do include a diet beverage or tea at this time as well. I do not eat: bread, pasta, rice, corn, potatoes, tortillas, crackers, cakes, cookies, or dairy products, etc. I do not eat grains of any type if I can help it, although I occasionally cheat! Grains are what we feed our livestock to fatten them up, and milk is for calves to fatten them up as well, so why would we consume those? But I digress....I usually go to sleep about 11-12.

I am 5'10" and started this weighing 265 lbs. I am now 190 lbs and not muscular but toned and hard. I no longer have trouble sleeping, I no longer snore, I sleep profoundly and wake up refreshed and well rested. My mental capacity is sharper than ever and I never feel hungry, EVER. I do occasionally 'cheat' but that is only on special occasions and is limited to really good pizza or really good whole wheat bread. I also do consume alcohol: a glass or two of wine or a few beers here and there. My doctor is amazed at my numbers when I get my annual physical. By the way, I am 55 years old, feel great and take no medications of any kind. It's a lifestyle. One that makes common sense and incorporates all the things that made our species the dominant species on the planet.
    Oh boy
    "In all things there is a poison and there is nothing without a poison. It depends only upon the dose whether a poison is a poison or not." ~ Paracelsus

larcat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I'm 34 and naturally eat this way -- I have since I was about 13. I've gone through phases of regularly eating lunch -- never have regularly eaten breakfast -- and I always go back to one big meal in the evening only.

I've gone through periods of very clean eating and intense exercise and looonnng stretches of being somewhat sedentary and literally eating like a pig. I'm 5'9 and the fattest I've ever gotten was ~ 163 @~20%. That was at the end of a 5 year stretch of extreme stress and pretty sedentary days. Fittest I've ever been was 145 @~12%. Take all that fwiw.

Originally Posted by fatdaddy67 View Post
    Your parents have been fasting during the day for their entire adult life?

And define "fat"...are they 10 pounds overweight, or do they weigh 400 pounds each?

If they've been fasting their entire adult life, and they eat relatively clean...and they are fat, they either have poor genetics and/or they never exercise.

An adult has had 20 years to pack on excess weight. Even if they only gained 5 pounds a year, that's 100 pounds over 20 years. 5 pounds a year is only an extra 47-48 calories per day. If they cut out their junk wood, white poison carbs, soda, sugar in their coffee, etc., they would be lean machines.

If you do this...just cut out most junk and white poisons, you will probably not gain that 5 pounds a year.

Another issue that could cause this weight gain each year is the lack of exercises. Your parents hormonal levels and metabloisms are dropping each year, thus making it easier for them to keep the same habits and still gain weight.

Life is pretty easy...

A) Exercise
    B) Eat good
    C) Sleep

JahSouljah is not very well liked. (-100) JahSouljah is not very well liked. (-100) JahSouljah is not very well liked. (-100) JahSouljah is not very well liked. (-100) JahSouljah is not very well liked. (-100) JahSouljah is not very well liked. (-100) JahSouljah is not very well liked. (-100) JahSouljah is not very well liked. (-100) JahSouljah is not very well liked. (-100) JahSouljah is not very well liked. (-100) JahSouljah is not very well liked. (-100)
    What are peoples results bulking with this method? I have begun bulking with this diet eating all my food pretty much in one sitting, i'm finding spreading it over 2 hours feels best for me.

I have been told that eating all your protein in one meal will give you 30% less gains that 3 meal's, However i love eating this way and actually being able to feel full every night is for me much better than eating multiple meals during the day and never feeling full.

I am bulking on 2600 calories ( only weight 145lbs )

Iv'e not heard from many people using this to bulk so ill update with my progress here is a starting pic of me

MrKirkie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hey guys, I'm new here and sorry if this question has already been asked.

My question is if I'm able to completely fast until dinner is that better then eating small amounts of fruit throughout the day?

ValiumMm has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by MrKirkie View Post
    Hey guys, I'm new here and sorry if this question has already been asked.

My question is if I'm able to completely fast until dinner is that better then eating small amounts of fruit throughout the day?
    If you follow the caveman diet, which pretty is the warrior diet in stage 2 for 6-8 weeks. After that they advise to graze on some fruit and unsalted nuts during the day then have the majority of calories at night.

jacksn7673 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jacksn7673 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jacksn7673 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jacksn7673 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jacksn7673 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jacksn7673 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jacksn7673 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jacksn7673 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jacksn7673 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jacksn7673 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jacksn7673 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Great to receive intelligent information. Just one thing. I have tried the bromocriptine and as suggested it made me feel lethargic and slightly disorientated. Is there anything else that you can suggest to replace.

darenw has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Disenfranchised View Post
    I have a question that may have been addressed in the other thread but I don't feel like going through the hundreds of replies to find it. What if you workout in the morning? To my understanding, one important point of the WD is that the one "meal" has to take place at night. Is it unacceptable or suggested against to workout in the morning if you choose to try this diet? Some people are just morning people and choose to workout in the morning before work.
    The meal from the night before will easily carry you through a workout the next morning. You will still be digesting the animal protein for up to 24 hours after a large meal. Any carbs you had will have filled out your muscle glycogen nicely. Plus, you will have an empty stomach which makes training much easier on the system.

After training you could just keep things "raw" so have some fruit and nuts. You will live until the evening!

jakem33 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    So I know this post seems to be old and dead, but I can't find another forum that discusses the WD in such detail. If anyone has a suggestion, please let me know. I've only started WD, ordered the book but haven't read it yet. My goal is to lose fat and sustain/build lean muscle (like everyone else). I've been eating 2 meals a day (lunch and dinner) for months and I love it and feel great. My question/concern is that when i eat one large meal at night I try to still eat healthy, whole foods (meat, vegetables, grains, nuts, fruit...) but more often than not, I just can't stomach enough food to reach 1800-2000 calories. I end up somewhere around 1600. Is it unhealthy for me to eat this few calories? I've been feeling fine but I'm worried it's going to hurt my gains.

ConciousCalis is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I have done 16 hours of fasting for around 5 months which has been so easy with great benefits.. I have for the last four days switched it to 20 hours of fasting and 4 hours of eating and its super easy as well but with greater benefits...

I have one issue though around 3-4pm i eat my first meal and i then train around 5pm.. i am still so full after training and i have no desire to eat before bed but i still do in fear i will lose muscle mass fasting for around 23 hours after my last meal..

Do i need to fear this or not? If not i will eat for just one hour a day and not eat that night after training.

PS i am currently 9.6% body fat with a high muscle mass.

16120BB is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Unhappy After 9 Days I Fall Off The Wagon

I find the Warrior Diet hard to sustain over a week. I feel better when I am on it, but when life deals me serious stress at work and/or school, I just can't maintain it. In the morning, I crave sugar--a cup of black coffee simply won't do. In the afternoon, I crave a meal--going on empty simply won't do. And in the night, I simply crave a moderate meal--sleeping deprived once more simply won't do. However I feel this way particularly when I am stressed; otherwise, I can handle the warrior diet.

Please, give me tips for staying on the warrior diet during times of extreme stress.

Common sense/moderation. gbullock32's Avatar
    gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by 16120BB View Post
    I find the Warrior Diet hard to sustain over a week. I feel better when I am on it, but when life deals me serious stress at work and/or school, I just can't maintain it. In the morning, I crave sugar--a cup of black coffee simply won't do. In the afternoon, I crave a meal--going on empty simply won't do. And in the night, I simply crave a moderate meal--sleeping deprived once more simply won't do. However I feel this way particularly when I am stressed; otherwise, I can handle the warrior diet.

Please, give me tips for staying on the warrior diet during times of extreme stress.
    So this diet, which yields no benefit at all, and is actually less optimal for muscle gain/retention does not suit your lifestyle?

So try just eating when you want and are hungry.
    Short cuts to success are often paved with lies.
    1/13/16: Massive hernia.
    5/10/16: Finally back to lifting, light but improving.

Why Teens shouldn't cut/Lack of progress thread- http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=169272763&p=1397509823#post1397509823

zb1203 is not very well liked. (-100) zb1203 is not very well liked. (-100) zb1203 is not very well liked. (-100) zb1203 is not very well liked. (-100) zb1203 is not very well liked. (-100) zb1203 is not very well liked. (-100) zb1203 is not very well liked. (-100) zb1203 is not very well liked. (-100) zb1203 is not very well liked. (-100) zb1203 is not very well liked. (-100) zb1203 is not very well liked. (-100)
    Quick question for those of you on the warrior diet... does it matter what time of the day I start my overeating phase?

I know it's supposed to start at night, but does it matter if it goes from 4-8pm opposed to 6-10pm? Or should it begin even later?

DeadlyFredly has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Pre-workout or no?

Hey guys,

I've been doing some research on the Warrior Diet and I've implemented it into my life. There still one thing I don't know for sure, I didn't read the book (forgive me), but should I be working out completely fasted or is a pre-workout supplement (BCAAs and caffeine) and/or a pre-workout protein shake part of the program? Please clarify the aspect of the diet immediately pre-workout.

Thanks guys...

JahSouljah is not very well liked. (-100) JahSouljah is not very well liked. (-100) JahSouljah is not very well liked. (-100) JahSouljah is not very well liked. (-100) JahSouljah is not very well liked. (-100) JahSouljah is not very well liked. (-100) JahSouljah is not very well liked. (-100) JahSouljah is not very well liked. (-100) JahSouljah is not very well liked. (-100) JahSouljah is not very well liked. (-100) JahSouljah is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by JahSouljah View Post
    What are peoples results bulking with this method? I have begun bulking with this diet eating all my food pretty much in one sitting, i'm finding spreading it over 2 hours feels best for me.

I have been told that eating all your protein in one meal will give you 30% less gains that 3 meal's, However i love eating this way and actually being able to feel full every night is for me much better than eating multiple meals during the day and never feeling full.

I am bulking on 2600 calories ( only weight 145lbs )
    2 year UPDATE for my old post to keep this diet alive, I gained just over 12lbs in total with very little body fat, Here are my results i found a picture of me from the start and the second picture is from last summer, ( haven't been hitting the gym for a few months but just getting back into it again and plan on continuing with the warrior diet from this point on.

I would have my feast post work out in the evening around 7-8pm i eventually settled with literately just one huge meal of 2600 calories, Some time's pre work out i would eat some fruit or a handful of nuts etc, then my feast post workout however long that took me to cook the meal. I would start to feel super relaxed and sleepy withing an hour of my feast which i noticed a lot of other people also reported,I loved the feeling and i sleep like a log every night. I gained very little fat despite gaining 10-12lbs and actually think i started to get leaner towards the end which could be due to my maintenance increasing as i ate 2600 consistently the entire time.
    Attached Images

jhowe001 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Everyone should try and fast more

I've been doing intermittent fasting (IF) for years and swear by it; aiming typically for ~16 hours of fasting. I've also learned to structure exercise/eating to optimize both energy levels and fat burning/muscle building; i.e. if I want rapid results I'll do a double session, cardio in the am on an empty stomach except coffee (with a splash of milk; no sugar; keeping it below the 50 cal threshold to stay in a 'fast'); continue fasting until at least noon but sometimes later; eating a decent paleo/keto-friendly late lunch and giving at least two hours to digest before gym; then smashing some weights pre-dinner, and feasting for dinner. Build muscle and burn fat in the same day. This is particularly useful after a weekend where I (a) drink a bunch of alcohol and (b) eat more than I probably should!

I've recently injured myself (out for 2 months) and have switched to the warrior diet. Relatively easy if already doing IF... Have an extra cup of coffee in the pm to help but zero food at all.
    For the warrior diet, my POV is for best results eat nothing until dinner; except for coffee and water. For me, snacking is more IF than a full 20+ hour fast. Doing the WD us the surest way to getting lean, and has great health benefits (cell regeneration etc).

I don't typically eat great over the weekend and drink alcohol regularly (3-4 nights/week) but never to excess. I'm not too strict with my diet ever... I am a sucker for sauces and enjoy beer the most for booze on the w/e. Fasting mitigates any cheating, and the timing of food with exercise is my winning formula (that works well for me) and especially if I'm training hard and want rapid results. I don't want to be 'massive' but enjoy lifting weights; cardio fitness is also a focus for sports (biking).

I think everyone should try and fast; and if you want quick results, fast for longer!
    Attached Images

AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by jhowe001 View Post
    I've been doing intermittent fasting (IF) for years and swear by it; aiming typically for ~16 hours of fasting. I've also learned to structure exercise/eating to optimize both energy levels and fat burning/muscle building; i.e. if I want rapid results I'll do a double session, cardio in the am on an empty stomach except coffee (with a splash of milk; no sugar; keeping it below the 50 cal threshold to stay in a 'fast'); continue fasting until at least noon but sometimes later; eating a decent paleo/keto-friendly late lunch and giving at least two hours to digest before gym; then smashing some weights pre-dinner, and feasting for dinner. Build muscle and burn fat in the same day. This is particularly useful after a weekend where I (a) drink a bunch of alcohol and (b) eat more than I probably should!

I've recently injured myself (out for 2 months) and have switched to the warrior diet. Relatively easy if already doing IF... Have an extra cup of coffee in the pm to help but zero food at all.
    For the warrior diet, my POV is for best results eat nothing until dinner; except for coffee and water. For me, snacking is more IF than a full 20+ hour fast. Doing the WD us the surest way to getting lean, and has great health benefits (cell regeneration etc).

I don't typically eat great over the weekend and drink alcohol regularly (3-4 nights/week) but never to excess. I'm not too strict with my diet ever... I am a sucker for sauces and enjoy beer the most for booze on the w/e. Fasting mitigates any cheating, and the timing of food with exercise is my winning formula (that works well for me) and especially if I'm training hard and want rapid results. I don't want to be 'massive' but enjoy lifting weights; cardio fitness is also a focus for sports (biking).

I think everyone should try and fast; and if you want quick results, fast for longer!
    Everybody already fasts when they sleep and between their meals.

But thanks, i'll try and remind myself to not eat on a literally constant basis.

PS - Your methods 'work' because you're in a net caloric deficit; it aint the IF that's doing it.
    "When I die, I hope it's early in the morning so I don't have to go to work that day for no reason"

Vandeman17 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vandeman17 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vandeman17 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vandeman17 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vandeman17 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vandeman17 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vandeman17 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vandeman17 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vandeman17 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vandeman17 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vandeman17 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by jhowe001 View Post

Please disregard all of this rubbish.
    “Other gyms use machines… CrossFit builds them”