Thread: RLP1986 Journal

RLP1986 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

RLP1986 Journal

I'm starting a journal!

I've been training regularly since October, but was relaxed on diet etc.

I'm now training for my first competition, March 21st. I haven't decided for sure which areas I'm going to compete in, but I don't have a ton of muscle yet so probably model, bikini, and maybe fitness. It's a Fitness America contest, for the Southwest region. I like the fitness competition because it doesn't require the muscle development and low body fat that figure does, and there isn't a routine either. Bikini and model divisions have even less stringent requirements, so pretty easy.

Current stats:
    5'9''
    135.4 lbs
    17% bodyfat
    shoulders 39''
    chest 34''
    waist 26.5''
    hips 34.5''

not sure on my other measurements, it has been awhile. My biggest goals right now are to make sure I'm eating enough, getting enough protein, and eating clean to lower my body fat. By March 21st I plan to be 12% body fat and hopefully will gain enough muscle to be roughly the same weight.
    Last edited by RLP1986; 01-05-2009 at 01:19 PM.

twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000) twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000) twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000) twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000) twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000) twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000) twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000) twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000) twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000) twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000) twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Good luck to you..that's roughly gaining 7# of muscle while losing 7# of fat...in 3 months...wow..good luck!!!
    "Faith is to believe what you do not yet see; the reward for this faith is to see what you believe. ": Saint Augustine

"So what exactly would you say you DO here??"

"Does this suit make me look fat??"
    "No, your face does."

pecan will become famous soon enough. (+50) pecan will become famous soon enough. (+50) pecan will become famous soon enough. (+50) pecan will become famous soon enough. (+50) pecan will become famous soon enough. (+50) pecan will become famous soon enough. (+50) pecan will become famous soon enough. (+50) pecan will become famous soon enough. (+50) pecan will become famous soon enough. (+50) pecan will become famous soon enough. (+50) pecan will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    yay, you did it!

i feel the same with the competition, but hey, maybe you will enjoy training for this so much that one day you will decide to go for figure? after all, sometimes, the things in life which are not easiest are best!

good luck to you, you seem to know how to reach your goals, now to do it!

Thanks for figuring that out Twinnett! 7lb loss and gain seems easy in 3 months.

Thanks for you support Pecan! I appreciate it. I have the knowledge I need, I just need to make everything happen.

Last night I did ball squats, leg extensions, leg curls, bicep curls, and dead lifts. I hope to be sore from it tomorrow, so far not feeling anything.

Last night after my shower I was doing my hair, and looking at the back of it in the mirror. All of a sudden I realized the muscle in my back, I've never seen/noticed it before! I'm really excited, I can really see the muscle devloping in my back, quads, hamstrings and shoulders. I need to work on balancing my biceps more (left is small) but my trainer is aware so she's making me do more biceps and heavier on legs. I love my trainer!

My current goal is to start logging all my food again, starting today! I use fitday.com, I like the analysis it gives and the macro breakdown. I'm doing cyclic ketogenic diet right now, so I need to keep an eye on the carbs.

anyway anyway... doing yoga today, training again tomorrow.

pecan will become famous soon enough. (+50) pecan will become famous soon enough. (+50) pecan will become famous soon enough. (+50) pecan will become famous soon enough. (+50) pecan will become famous soon enough. (+50) pecan will become famous soon enough. (+50) pecan will become famous soon enough. (+50) pecan will become famous soon enough. (+50) pecan will become famous soon enough. (+50) pecan will become famous soon enough. (+50) pecan will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    congrats on the muscle development! and yeah, fitday is fantastic. how is the ckd working for you and how are you cycling it? i've always thought that is the best approach to *really* get in shape, but it seems to have so much work and planning that must go into it..

"congrats on the muscle development! and yeah, fitday is fantastic. how is the ckd working for you and how are you cycling it? i've always thought that is the best approach to *really* get in shape, but it seems to have so much work and planning that must go into it.."

I wasn't big to begin with. Since I started working out (prior to my trainer) I lost about 4 lbs in 3 months and went from about 20% BF to 18%. In the last month using this diet and doing 4 days a week training, I've lost about 3-4 lbs and dropped another 1% body fat so I'm at about 17%. Pretty quick for a month plus holidays. CKD is good for quick results but shouldn't be used more than about 12 weeks. Switch to maintainence for a few weeks on a reg clean diet after a CKD cycle before starting it again.

I've been CRAZY busy since Wednesday! But I still trained Wed, Thurs and will tomorrow morning! Even with crazy work, writing a paper and going to class!

I logged my food for one day and then sucked yesterday. We don't have much for me to eat at home so I couldn't bring anything for lunch I know most people would end up eating cheat foods in that case, but I just don't eat if I don't have food. I'm never that hungry anyway. UGH I'll never lose fat and gain muscle if I don't get better about that!

Oh, I think I'm taking more recent pics this Saturday! Good thing cause my profile pic is from 2006 and my hair is short and blonde now lol. Plus I am about 10 lbs lighter and 4% less body fat, not that you can tell when fully clothed.
    Last edited by RLP1986; 01-09-2009 at 01:43 PM.

good prioritizing! getting to the gym with a busy schedule is quite difficult, but that date in march will creep up on you!

i also have that problem. i try to keep dried fruit and nuts on hand so it's at least something

So busy! This weekend was crazy but I trained on Saturday. Did dead lifts, jump rope, reverse lunges, crunches, criss-cross crunches, leg lifts... I don't remember it all which is funny. It seems so far away!

I didn't do anything Sunday or Monday Should've last night but got home late and took too long to get motivated to go, so by then it was too late. Tonight I'm training, so I'll try not to feel bad about 2 days off. It's weird how 2 days off feels like such a big deal after not having more than one in over a month.

My boyfriend saw a couple of pics of me from the beginning of November and said I look way skinnier now. I've only lost about 3-5 lbs since then but probably 1-2% body fat so that's exciting. I think everything is getting more tone and I'm looking leaner, and I do look thinner. I also photograph poorly though, and am super pale which always makes for a 'doughy' look. I was still excited, but at the same time a little offended cause it's not like I was fat then, or over. I guess my small frame just doesnt look good with any fat on it at all. So, new pictures... I need to take care of that!!!

Food has been ok the past 2 days. I tracked yesterday but haven't today. Oh well! I know I ate enough so I'm not worried about it.

That's pretty much it, maybe I'll take measurements and update my stats soon, but have to wait til next week cause I feel TOTM water weight and don't like it. I'm so boring today, my brain is burnt out!