1SIKALTI will become famous soon enough. (+50) 1SIKALTI will become famous soon enough. (+50) 1SIKALTI will become famous soon enough. (+50) 1SIKALTI will become famous soon enough. (+50) 1SIKALTI will become famous soon enough. (+50) 1SIKALTI will become famous soon enough. (+50) 1SIKALTI will become famous soon enough. (+50) 1SIKALTI will become famous soon enough. (+50) 1SIKALTI will become famous soon enough. (+50) 1SIKALTI will become famous soon enough. (+50) 1SIKALTI will become famous soon enough. (+50)

22 weeks out i cant wait

just started my contest prep @ 22 weeks out
    starting states

249lbs
    23.5% bf
    max bench 415
    max sqaut 650

Starting with the ketogenic diet(dave palumbo diet)

in order to reach 5% BF i would have to lose 18.5% bf which equal approx 46.05 lbs not including any muscle loss so the real # is going to be around 52lbs/22= 2.3 lbs a week

which is easily doable

anyone have anyquestions or comments please comment
    MAR 05 320 LBS

AUG 05 226.5 LBS

GOAL DEC 05 200LBS

1 week away
    currently 175.5 lbs

will-work4ANDRO is a name known to all. (+5000) will-work4ANDRO is a name known to all. (+5000) will-work4ANDRO is a name known to all. (+5000) will-work4ANDRO is a name known to all. (+5000) will-work4ANDRO is a name known to all. (+5000) will-work4ANDRO is a name known to all. (+5000) will-work4ANDRO is a name known to all. (+5000) will-work4ANDRO is a name known to all. (+5000) will-work4ANDRO is a name known to all. (+5000) will-work4ANDRO is a name known to all. (+5000) will-work4ANDRO is a name known to all. (+5000)
    any pics....and honestly bro...that's a lot of weight to lose in 22 weeks
    TEAM NORTON
    The"Outwork" mindset changed my entire life, perhaps it can help you as well

Muscle Hypertrophy occurs independent of exercise intensity

MoonWalker0 is just really nice. (+1000) MoonWalker0 is just really nice. (+1000) MoonWalker0 is just really nice. (+1000) MoonWalker0 is just really nice. (+1000) MoonWalker0 is just really nice. (+1000) MoonWalker0 is just really nice. (+1000) MoonWalker0 is just really nice. (+1000) MoonWalker0 is just really nice. (+1000) MoonWalker0 is just really nice. (+1000) MoonWalker0 is just really nice. (+1000) MoonWalker0 is just really nice. (+1000)
    yah you're going to be really cutting it close. supposedly the most you can lose is around 3lbs of fat per week without losing too much muscle.

i would have waited for another contest at a later date, but good luck man! the experience alone will be worth it whether you come in at 5% or not.

1SIKALTI will become famous soon enough. (+50) 1SIKALTI will become famous soon enough. (+50) 1SIKALTI will become famous soon enough. (+50) 1SIKALTI will become famous soon enough. (+50) 1SIKALTI will become famous soon enough. (+50) 1SIKALTI will become famous soon enough. (+50) 1SIKALTI will become famous soon enough. (+50) 1SIKALTI will become famous soon enough. (+50) 1SIKALTI will become famous soon enough. (+50) 1SIKALTI will become famous soon enough. (+50) 1SIKALTI will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    yeaaaa i seem to do this every year because i only do on show a year so i really dont stay in shape but i am planning to do 3 show this year so i wont let my self pork up again
    MAR 05 320 LBS

AUG 05 226.5 LBS

GOAL DEC 05 200LBS

1 week away
    currently 175.5 lbs

scoobysnacks is just really nice. (+1000) scoobysnacks is just really nice. (+1000) scoobysnacks is just really nice. (+1000) scoobysnacks is just really nice. (+1000) scoobysnacks is just really nice. (+1000) scoobysnacks is just really nice. (+1000) scoobysnacks is just really nice. (+1000) scoobysnacks is just really nice. (+1000) scoobysnacks is just really nice. (+1000) scoobysnacks is just really nice. (+1000) scoobysnacks is just really nice. (+1000)
    that is not easily doable. Science suggest anything over time over 1.5 lbs lost per week you will tap muscle. So if you did 22 weeks losing 1.5 lbs of fat youd lose 33 lbs. So you are going to have to hustle. Im not being an ass I just read you thought that was easily doable.

What ive found is that during a diet phase most peoples body can drop 8-10% points, after that, metabolism is wrecked and it gets REALLY hard at that point lots of cardio and low carbs/or cals becomes necessary which doesnt lend itself to a great looking stage physique. So to drop 18.5% is pushing it. If it were me Id take my time get down to a comfortable bodyfat (10%), take 2 weeks to reset metabolism by eating carbs etc, then begin your true keto diet again for the show. But, thats just me.

the close up of your hamis in your profile looks pretty good, but from the front you could have been much harder, but judging from your before pics you were more out of shape then, so maybe you can make it this time, good luck...
    Last edited by scoobysnacks; 01-05-2009 at 01:15 PM.
    Scivation Sponsored Athlete: http://scivation.com/teamscivation/jasontheobald.htm
    www.nattynutrition.com
    www.physiquetalk.com

MoonWalker0 is just really nice. (+1000) MoonWalker0 is just really nice. (+1000) MoonWalker0 is just really nice. (+1000) MoonWalker0 is just really nice. (+1000) MoonWalker0 is just really nice. (+1000) MoonWalker0 is just really nice. (+1000) MoonWalker0 is just really nice. (+1000) MoonWalker0 is just really nice. (+1000) MoonWalker0 is just really nice. (+1000) MoonWalker0 is just really nice. (+1000) MoonWalker0 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by scoobysnacks View Post
    that is not easily doable. Science suggest anything over time over 1.5 lbs lost per week you will tap muscle. So if you did 22 weeks losing 1.5 lbs of fat youd lose 33 lbs. So you are going to have to hustle. Im not being an ass I just read you thought that was easily doable.

What ive found is that during a diet phase most peoples body can drop 8-10% points, after that, metabolism is wrecked and it gets REALLY hard at that point lots of cardio and low carbs/or cals becomes necessary which doesnt lend itself to a great looking stage physique. So to drop 18.5% is pushing it. If it were me Id take my time get down to a comfortable bodyfat (10%), take 2 weeks to reset metabolism by eating carbs etc, then begin your true keto diet again for the show. But, thats just me.

the close up of your hamis in your profile looks pretty good, but from the front you could have been much harder, but judging from your before pics you were more out of shape then, so maybe you can make it this time, good luck...
    i agree that it's better to do it slowly and consistently, but who says 1.5lbs is the magic number before you start losing muscle?

scoobysnacks is just really nice. (+1000) scoobysnacks is just really nice. (+1000) scoobysnacks is just really nice. (+1000) scoobysnacks is just really nice. (+1000) scoobysnacks is just really nice. (+1000) scoobysnacks is just really nice. (+1000) scoobysnacks is just really nice. (+1000) scoobysnacks is just really nice. (+1000) scoobysnacks is just really nice. (+1000) scoobysnacks is just really nice. (+1000) scoobysnacks is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by MoonWalker0 View Post
    i agree that it's better to do it slowly and consistently, but who says 1.5lbs is the magic number before you start losing muscle?
    Ive found this to be the case with myself, and with clients Ive worked with, if we have to speed things up beyond 1.5 inevitably there will be some muscle wasting.

Is it 100% definite for everyone? I dont know or think so, but why risk it? Diet slow and pick another date or better yet dont get sloppy in the offseason.

I do think there might have been a study on this too. You could pubmed it. But, Ive seen enough in real world examples to know it.
    Scivation Sponsored Athlete: http://scivation.com/teamscivation/jasontheobald.htm
    www.nattynutrition.com
    www.physiquetalk.com

will-work4ANDRO is a name known to all. (+5000) will-work4ANDRO is a name known to all. (+5000) will-work4ANDRO is a name known to all. (+5000) will-work4ANDRO is a name known to all. (+5000) will-work4ANDRO is a name known to all. (+5000) will-work4ANDRO is a name known to all. (+5000) will-work4ANDRO is a name known to all. (+5000) will-work4ANDRO is a name known to all. (+5000) will-work4ANDRO is a name known to all. (+5000) will-work4ANDRO is a name known to all. (+5000) will-work4ANDRO is a name known to all. (+5000)
    what are your current macros?
    TEAM NORTON
    The"Outwork" mindset changed my entire life, perhaps it can help you as well

Muscle Hypertrophy occurs independent of exercise intensity

Watch out for that dust Blane/Cope's Avatar
    Blane/Cope will become famous soon enough. (+50) Blane/Cope will become famous soon enough. (+50) Blane/Cope will become famous soon enough. (+50) Blane/Cope will become famous soon enough. (+50) Blane/Cope will become famous soon enough. (+50) Blane/Cope will become famous soon enough. (+50) Blane/Cope will become famous soon enough. (+50) Blane/Cope will become famous soon enough. (+50) Blane/Cope will become famous soon enough. (+50) Blane/Cope will become famous soon enough. (+50) Blane/Cope will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    im going pretty slow this year, going to focus on dialing my diet in 110%

Watch out for that dust Blane/Cope's Avatar
    Blane/Cope will become famous soon enough. (+50) Blane/Cope will become famous soon enough. (+50) Blane/Cope will become famous soon enough. (+50) Blane/Cope will become famous soon enough. (+50) Blane/Cope will become famous soon enough. (+50) Blane/Cope will become famous soon enough. (+50) Blane/Cope will become famous soon enough. (+50) Blane/Cope will become famous soon enough. (+50) Blane/Cope will become famous soon enough. (+50) Blane/Cope will become famous soon enough. (+50) Blane/Cope will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    good luck bro, keep us updated

1.5 week update

weight 230 yea thats right you read it right have no clue how i got down this fast i know alot of it is water and glycogen but i think it is just my body adapting after a 8 months off with out any dieting or cardio

i also changed the work out to a modified FST-7 with 30 seconds rest between sets strengt is still up.... havent gotten the BF% check yet will do that next week
    MAR 05 320 LBS

AUG 05 226.5 LBS

GOAL DEC 05 200LBS

1 week away
    currently 175.5 lbs

Pro Natural Bodybuilder AustrianOakJr's Avatar
    AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by MoonWalker0 View Post
    but who says 1.5lbs is the magic number before you start losing muscle?
    When I first began to cut way back in January of last year for a transformation contest I was at the same BF% you are at now. I noticed I could lose 3 lbs a week and my strength never suffered. (Dont know if I was losing muscle, but venture to say probably not). However, after dropping the first 30 lbs, I couldnt keep up with the same weight loss. When I cut for my show, I was down to dropping 1-1.5 lbs a week at the end and I was sacrificing strength at that. So.....perhaps you could probably lose rapidly at first without muscle loss, but once you get lean, the body doesnt want to spare the fat anymore and will turn to chewing on some muscle.
    "Who the Son sets free is free indeed....."

WNBF Pro Natural Bodybuilder

Check out my CELLUCOR Supplement log:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=148746693&pagenumber=

3DMJ Athlete

imccarthy is a name known to all. (+5000) imccarthy is a name known to all. (+5000) imccarthy is a name known to all. (+5000) imccarthy is a name known to all. (+5000) imccarthy is a name known to all. (+5000) imccarthy is a name known to all. (+5000) imccarthy is a name known to all. (+5000) imccarthy is a name known to all. (+5000) imccarthy is a name known to all. (+5000) imccarthy is a name known to all. (+5000) imccarthy is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by AustrianOakJr View Post
    When I first began to cut way back in January of last year for a transformation contest I was at the same BF% you are at now. I noticed I could lose 3 lbs a week and my strength never suffered. (Dont know if I was losing muscle, but venture to say probably not). However, after dropping the first 30 lbs, I couldnt keep up with the same weight loss. When I cut for my show, I was down to dropping 1-1.5 lbs a week at the end and I was sacrificing strength at that. So.....perhaps you could probably lose rapidly at first without muscle loss, but once you get lean, the body doesnt want to spare the fat anymore and will turn to chewing on some muscle.
    This is due to the fact each pound of fat can oxidize approximately 30-33 calories of adipose per day. So someone with at 250 pounds with 20% bodyfat could, in theory, maintain a deficit of 1500+ calories daily, or 3 pounds of fat per week.

On the opposite end of the spectrum, someone at 180 pounds at 5% bodyfat could only maintain a deficit of about 270 calories daily without muscle loss... thus, less than one pound per week.

Lyle McDonald wrote an article about this a few years ago but it's not on his site anymore. A google search found it though...
    http://www.google.com/search?sourcei...alorie+deficit
    Food quality does not change the laws of thermodynamics. Provided you consume adequate protein, EFAs, fiber, and vitamins and minerals you can eat whatever you want.

The only difference between a 'clean' and a 'dirty' food is how much of it you eat.

The Glycemic Index is meaningless unless you eat carbs alone in a fasted state. As soon as you add fat, protein, or fiber to a meal or have eaten in the previous 4-6 hours the GI is irrelevant.

Pro Natural Bodybuilder AustrianOakJr's Avatar
    AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000)
    ^^^^ That is really interesting. Learn something new every day. That is a great tool for calculating defecit. And it stands to reason, once youve gotten down to low single digit BF levels, your daily defecit must be very small or youre gonna chew on muscle tissue. Explains why at the end of your diet, you have to up the calories weekly to spare muscle tissue. Interesting. Thanks for that article.
    Last edited by AustrianOakJr; 01-10-2009 at 04:59 PM.
    "Who the Son sets free is free indeed....."

WNBF Pro Natural Bodybuilder

Check out my CELLUCOR Supplement log:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=148746693&pagenumber=

3DMJ Athlete

Revved is not very helpful. (-500) Revved is not very helpful. (-500) Revved is not very helpful. (-500) Revved is not very helpful. (-500) Revved is not very helpful. (-500) Revved is not very helpful. (-500) Revved is not very helpful. (-500) Revved is not very helpful. (-500) Revved is not very helpful. (-500) Revved is not very helpful. (-500) Revved is not very helpful. (-500)
    Originally Posted by imccarthy View Post
    This is due to the fact each pound of fat can oxidize approximately 30-33 calories of adipose per day. So someone with at 250 pounds with 20% bodyfat could, in theory, maintain a deficit of 1500+ calories daily, or 3 pounds of fat per week.

On the opposite end of the spectrum, someone at 180 pounds at 5% bodyfat could only maintain a deficit of about 270 calories daily without muscle loss... thus, less than one pound per week.

Lyle McDonald wrote an article about this a few years ago but it's not on his site anymore. A google search found it though...
    very informative . thank you

SamMatthew is on a distinguished road. (+10) SamMatthew is on a distinguished road. (+10) SamMatthew is on a distinguished road. (+10) SamMatthew is on a distinguished road. (+10) SamMatthew is on a distinguished road. (+10) SamMatthew is on a distinguished road. (+10) SamMatthew is on a distinguished road. (+10) SamMatthew is on a distinguished road. (+10) SamMatthew is on a distinguished road. (+10) SamMatthew is on a distinguished road. (+10) SamMatthew is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    good luck brah

Originally Posted by scoobysnacks View Post

Originally Posted by imccarthy View Post

Which waht is what i was trying to get to the whole time i know my body and i know that the first 30 will fly off without me sacrificing that much muscle.... so in reality i will have 25lbs of fat to loose without sacrificing any muscle and about 4 months to do it!!
    MAR 05 320 LBS

AUG 05 226.5 LBS

GOAL DEC 05 200LBS

1 week away
    currently 175.5 lbs

stayfit2008 is a name known to all. (+5000) stayfit2008 is a name known to all. (+5000) stayfit2008 is a name known to all. (+5000) stayfit2008 is a name known to all. (+5000) stayfit2008 is a name known to all. (+5000) stayfit2008 is a name known to all. (+5000) stayfit2008 is a name known to all. (+5000) stayfit2008 is a name known to all. (+5000) stayfit2008 is a name known to all. (+5000) stayfit2008 is a name known to all. (+5000) stayfit2008 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    ^^^BINGO^^^

Go for it man! this will be a fun thread to watch!

Just wanted to update everyone weight is fluctuating around 223-225 this week but strengh is still up and i am still in good spirits
    MAR 05 320 LBS

AUG 05 226.5 LBS

GOAL DEC 05 200LBS

1 week away
    currently 175.5 lbs

One Month Update

weight 223 down 26lbs strength is still up going to up cardio to 5x week 45 min sessions
    MAR 05 320 LBS

AUG 05 226.5 LBS

GOAL DEC 05 200LBS

1 week away
    currently 175.5 lbs

tvicemanXXL will become famous soon enough. (+50) tvicemanXXL will become famous soon enough. (+50) tvicemanXXL will become famous soon enough. (+50) tvicemanXXL will become famous soon enough. (+50) tvicemanXXL will become famous soon enough. (+50) tvicemanXXL will become famous soon enough. (+50) tvicemanXXL will become famous soon enough. (+50) tvicemanXXL will become famous soon enough. (+50) tvicemanXXL will become famous soon enough. (+50) tvicemanXXL will become famous soon enough. (+50) tvicemanXXL will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by 1SIKALTI View Post
    weight 223 down 26lbs strength is still up going to up cardio to 5x week 45 min sessions
    Wow that's great! I've lost 20 lbs. over the past 8 months or so and my strength is down accordingly.
    Proud to be fully sponsored by the best supplement company in the business. www.scivation.com

Contest prep log:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=113619521

It cannot possibly taste better than blue raspberry xtend!