BlackRat is on a distinguished road. (+10) BlackRat is on a distinguished road. (+10) BlackRat is on a distinguished road. (+10) BlackRat is on a distinguished road. (+10) BlackRat is on a distinguished road. (+10) BlackRat is on a distinguished road. (+10) BlackRat is on a distinguished road. (+10) BlackRat is on a distinguished road. (+10) BlackRat is on a distinguished road. (+10) BlackRat is on a distinguished road. (+10) BlackRat is on a distinguished road. (+10)

The right eating started today. Thanks all for the grocery cart suggestions!!

7:30 AM feeding I had a bowl of special K, no sugar, half cup blueberries and a whole wheat bagel with low fat cream chease and coffee.

10 am feeding I am planing some cottage cheese, bannana and a Muscle milk Shake.

12 Noon I go to the gym.

1:30pm bowl of vegtable soup with ground turkey and a glass of water.

3pm Light Yogurt, apple, almond.

5 or 6 cooked a roast in the crock pot. Blackeyed peas, brown rice, mixed verries, water.

8pm Not sure?????

How does this look so far and what would you add or subtract? Also where would be best to add protein shakes???

Thanks
    Wade

crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Thats a great starts. You will do fine with this.

Be sure to measure that cereal and rice and those sort of things so you dont inadvertently sabotage yourself.
    "To be a warrior is not a simple matter of wishing to be one. It is rather an endless struggle that will go on to the very last moment of our lives. Nobody is born a warrior, in exactly the same way that nobody is born an average man. We make ourselves into one or the other."-- Carlos Castaneda

BuckSpin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BuckSpin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BuckSpin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BuckSpin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BuckSpin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BuckSpin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BuckSpin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BuckSpin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BuckSpin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BuckSpin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BuckSpin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Its a good start. My only 2 cents - if you like oatmeal give it a shot at breakfast. All day carbs. Just don't use instant oatmeal - rolled or steel cut. And agreed, measure portions so you know.
    "Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure"

newbie40 is on a distinguished road. (+10) newbie40 is on a distinguished road. (+10) newbie40 is on a distinguished road. (+10) newbie40 is on a distinguished road. (+10) newbie40 is on a distinguished road. (+10) newbie40 is on a distinguished road. (+10) newbie40 is on a distinguished road. (+10) newbie40 is on a distinguished road. (+10) newbie40 is on a distinguished road. (+10) newbie40 is on a distinguished road. (+10) newbie40 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by BuckSpin View Post
    Its a good start. My only 2 cents - if you like oatmeal give it a shot at breakfast. All day carbs. Just don't use instant oatmeal - rolled or steel cut. And agreed, measure portions so you know.
    I am a newbie and have been using instant oatmeal since Oct. What is the difference between instant, rolled and cut? Am I sabotaging my diet already?
    "You're closer than you think."

BuckSpin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BuckSpin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BuckSpin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BuckSpin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BuckSpin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BuckSpin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BuckSpin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BuckSpin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BuckSpin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BuckSpin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BuckSpin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by newbie40 View Post
    I am a newbie and have been using instant oatmeal since Oct. What is the difference between instant, rolled and cut? Am I sabotaging my diet already?
    Instant oatmeal has a VERY high GI rating. If time is an issue, use rolled oats. If not, I highly recommend steel cut oats.
    "Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure"

mavrick77 is just really nice. (+1000) mavrick77 is just really nice. (+1000) mavrick77 is just really nice. (+1000) mavrick77 is just really nice. (+1000) mavrick77 is just really nice. (+1000) mavrick77 is just really nice. (+1000) mavrick77 is just really nice. (+1000) mavrick77 is just really nice. (+1000) mavrick77 is just really nice. (+1000) mavrick77 is just really nice. (+1000) mavrick77 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by BlackRat View Post
    7:30 AM feeding I had a bowl of special K, no sugar, half cup blueberries and a whole wheat bagel with low fat cream chease and coffee.

10 am feeding I am planing some cottage cheese, bannana and a Muscle milk Shake.

12 Noon I go to the gym.

1:30pm bowl of vegtable soup with ground turkey and a glass of water.

3pm Light Yogurt, apple, almond.

5 or 6 cooked a roast in the crock pot. Blackeyed peas, brown rice, mixed verries, water.

8pm Not sure?????

How does this look so far and what would you add or subtract? Also where would be best to add protein shakes???

Thanks
    Wade
    looks ok wade...some minor changes I would make, but fairly ok. I also suggest weighing out all your foods, and getting exact caloric intake. this will give you a better idea. do not try to loose more then 2-3lbs a week, as even in that range it will be dificult to keep most of your muscle.

I also suggest trying to learn when you are truly hungry, or your just having cravings..people sometimes have a hard time to differentiate.

some other good ideas are 2% milk string cheese, and make sure your yogurt is LOW sugar, 8 grams or less...

open face ham and cheese sandwiches under the broiler are good too...
    wheat bread.. 70 calories
    2% kraft cheese..50 calories
    lean ham...50 calories...

only 170 calories per open face sandwich, with close to 20 grams of protein
    I do not sugar coat things, but you got in the condition you're in by "sugar coating."

I'm one determined female StrongWilld's Avatar
    StrongWilld is just really nice. (+1000) StrongWilld is just really nice. (+1000) StrongWilld is just really nice. (+1000) StrongWilld is just really nice. (+1000) StrongWilld is just really nice. (+1000) StrongWilld is just really nice. (+1000) StrongWilld is just really nice. (+1000) StrongWilld is just really nice. (+1000) StrongWilld is just really nice. (+1000) StrongWilld is just really nice. (+1000) StrongWilld is just really nice. (+1000)
    Steel cut oats are much, much higher in fiber than both rolled oats or instant - much more nutritious than regular oat meal, too. I cook a weeks worth of steel cut oats in my crock pot. They come out much creamier if you slow cook them. I believe that the fiber content is higher in rolled oats (the type you have to cook) rather than instant. Also, if you like it sweet and don't want to add calories/carbs, use Stevia when you cook your oatmeal. It's a plant-based natural sweetener. And I always add cinnamon and even pumkin pie spice. Yum
    "If you only look at what is, you might never attain what could be"
    -Anonymous

Originally Posted by StrongWilld View Post
    Steel cut oats are much, much higher in fiber than both rolled oats or instant - much more nutritious than regular oat meal, too. I cook a weeks worth of steel cut oats in my crock pot. They come out much creamier if you slow cook them. I believe that the fiber content is higher in rolled oats (the type you have to cook) rather than instant. Also, if you like it sweet and don't want to add calories/carbs, use Stevia when you cook your oatmeal. It's a plant-based natural sweetener. And I always add cinnamon and even pumkin pie spice. Yum
    x2 and eerie.....I also use stevia, cinnamon (which is a great insulin response supplement), nutmeg to flavor mine! Reps!

newbie40 is on a distinguished road. (+10) newbie40 is on a distinguished road. (+10) newbie40 is on a distinguished road. (+10) newbie40 is on a distinguished road. (+10) newbie40 is on a distinguished road. (+10) newbie40 is on a distinguished road. (+10) newbie40 is on a distinguished road. (+10) newbie40 is on a distinguished road. (+10) newbie40 is on a distinguished road. (+10) newbie40 is on a distinguished road. (+10) newbie40 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I have been using the cinammon and pumpkin pie spice as well so this helps. I have even created my own "pudding" out of cottage cheese and this stuff.
    I will definitely be changing my oats it seems. Stevia is new to me. I have heard many positive things but is it better than Splenda?
    "You're closer than you think."

Stevia is new to me. I have heard many positive things but is it better than Splenda?
    Stevia = 100% natural, Splenda = 100% artificial

Your choice

StrongWilld is just really nice. (+1000) StrongWilld is just really nice. (+1000) StrongWilld is just really nice. (+1000) StrongWilld is just really nice. (+1000) StrongWilld is just really nice. (+1000) StrongWilld is just really nice. (+1000) StrongWilld is just really nice. (+1000) StrongWilld is just really nice. (+1000) StrongWilld is just really nice. (+1000) StrongWilld is just really nice. (+1000) StrongWilld is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by BuckSpin View Post
    x2 and eerie.....I also use stevia, cinnamon (which is a great insulin response supplement), nutmeg to flavor mine! Reps!

See? I knew there was a reason I liked you Yes, stevia rocks and I just love the whole cinnamon/nutmeg thing in oatmeal. Good stuff! I enjoy steel cut oats much better because they are so much more filling than even rolled oats. How do you cook yours?
    -Anonymous

I have been using the cinammon and pumpkin pie spice as well so this helps. I have even created my own "pudding" out of cottage cheese and this stuff.
    I will definitely be changing my oats it seems. Stevia is new to me. I have heard many positive things but is it better than Splenda?
    I love cottage cheese with a couple of sprinkles of onion powder (not salt). Stevia isn't even in the same catagory as Splenda. It's more expensive than Splenda, but it's so worth the cost.
    -Anonymous