Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    bigbuc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by kelt_22 View Post
    His hard work got the results not the over priced gimmick. It is about cost vs results. and the bowflex is the worst second only to the ROM machine.
    hows it a gimmick if it works? I agree its overpriced. way too much 4 me... but it works. y ahe worked hard, but using the bowflex, which yall act like is impossible to get results with

Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by bigbuc View Post
    ......, which yall act like is impossible to get results with........

Hey. This comment is a blatant misrepresentation of pretty much everything anyone has said regarding their disdain for the bowflex. I know you won't get it, cause no one ever does, but I'll say it again. The bowflex is too expensive and many have had them break on them. Its overpriced and overhyped. That's why so many people hate it.

Very few people have claimed before or after Ruben came around that it didn't work. We wouldn't know because most of us would never have paid all that money for it.

If you like it fine, but don't make up your facts about what was said about this thing.
    ▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #4 ▪█─────█▪

Ivanko Crew #9
    York Barbell Crew #13

kelt_22 is just really nice. (+1000) kelt_22 is just really nice. (+1000) kelt_22 is just really nice. (+1000) kelt_22 is just really nice. (+1000) kelt_22 is just really nice. (+1000) kelt_22 is just really nice. (+1000) kelt_22 is just really nice. (+1000) kelt_22 is just really nice. (+1000) kelt_22 is just really nice. (+1000) kelt_22 is just really nice. (+1000) kelt_22 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by bigbuc View Post
    hows it a gimmick if it works? I agree its overpriced. way too much 4 me... but it works. y ahe worked hard, but using the bowflex, which yall act like is impossible to get results with
    I think you miss understand what gimmick means and as keet just said quit miss quoting what we say. I used to sell the POS and they suck. I did not say it did not work.

***In marketing language, a gimmick is a unique or quirky special feature that makes something "stand out" from its contemporaries. However, the special feature is typically thought to be of little relevance or use. Thus, a gimmick is a special feature for the sake of having a special feature.***
    I sell home and commercial fitness equipment, so if you have questions on equipment PM me and I will help.

“When the light comes down, and the earth shakes with the footsteps of a thousand battalions, when the air sings with the sound of clashing shields, and the ground is wet with the blood of men, that is when I am most alive. That is when my life is taken to the edge of the point, that is when I am invincible until the moment of death”

-Unknown Spartan Hoplite, 461 B.C.-

satirical4irus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) satirical4irus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) satirical4irus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) satirical4irus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) satirical4irus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) satirical4irus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) satirical4irus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Thumbs up

Nice..

marcoosh will become famous soon enough. (+50) marcoosh will become famous soon enough. (+50) marcoosh will become famous soon enough. (+50) marcoosh will become famous soon enough. (+50) marcoosh will become famous soon enough. (+50) marcoosh will become famous soon enough. (+50) marcoosh will become famous soon enough. (+50) marcoosh will become famous soon enough. (+50) marcoosh will become famous soon enough. (+50) marcoosh will become famous soon enough. (+50) marcoosh will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    lolol

Location: Cheltenham, Gloucestershire, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Alright, so I have a conversion on bowflex to real weight. My roomate owns a Bowflex Ultimate that goes up to 310 lbs of resistance. After doing a 70 rep set of squats using the squat station with the "310 lbs" I became slight suspecious that their claim of 60% of real weight (they claim 60-100% but even the 60% seems a bit off). Keep in mind this is after over a year of being housebound and zero training due to a medical condition on my part, and only doing bodyweight squats starting back in January again. There is simply no way it is humanly possible for me to do 70 reps with approximately 200 lbs on squats in the current shape I am in.

He is able to do 3 reps with the 310 on bench press (my chest stats to cramp at around 30). We grabbed a couple of oly curl bars and 110 lbs of plates from his parent's garage today and brought them home. I weighed the bar at 16 lbs on a scale and we loaded up 126 lbs. The collars on it were past shoulder width and suitable for him to bench press with. I had him lay on a bench after warming up and held the bar until he was able to get a good grip and was ready to press it. The weight is 40% of what he can do for 3 reps on the bowflex. He did a 2 second negative, and the bar stuck to his chest and did not move. We waited a minute and he wanted to try again. 2 second negative, and he was unable to break the bar off of his chest more than around 1". So, that being said I think the conversion rate of bowflex weight to real weight is approximately 30-35%. I'll check later and see if he can do 106 for a single or any reps and we can try to narrow this down more.

yitmy will become famous soon enough. (+50) yitmy will become famous soon enough. (+50) yitmy will become famous soon enough. (+50) yitmy will become famous soon enough. (+50) yitmy will become famous soon enough. (+50) yitmy will become famous soon enough. (+50) yitmy will become famous soon enough. (+50) yitmy will become famous soon enough. (+50) yitmy will become famous soon enough. (+50) yitmy will become famous soon enough. (+50) yitmy will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Here is a comparison with the BF powerpro:

Military press free weights 50/12, 80/10, 110/1 then ran to the attic and used BF military press 180/12, 200/8, 10, 2. The take away is that free weights are about double the resistance of the BF. The problem with my little study though is I did freeweights first then Bowflex so fatigue could be a factor.

JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by yitmy View Post
    Here is a comparison with the BF powerpro:

Military press free weights 50/12, 80/10, 110/1 then ran to the attic and used BF military press 180/12, 200/8, 10, 2. The take away is that free weights are about double the resistance of the BF. The problem with my little study though is I did freeweights first then Bowflex so fatigue could be a factor.
    Right I am sure your fatigue was a factor and limited your strength when you go to the BF. My roomate could not do 40% of his 3 rep bowflex max for a single (and he has only been using it for a month and also does full range of motion pushups so is used to handling some weight in the range the BF has none), so there is no way it is a 50% conversion.

yitmy will become famous soon enough. (+50) yitmy will become famous soon enough. (+50) yitmy will become famous soon enough. (+50) yitmy will become famous soon enough. (+50) yitmy will become famous soon enough. (+50) yitmy will become famous soon enough. (+50) yitmy will become famous soon enough. (+50) yitmy will become famous soon enough. (+50) yitmy will become famous soon enough. (+50) yitmy will become famous soon enough. (+50) yitmy will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    50% related to free weights? What does it matter. When using the bow we are not comparing ourselves to freeweights. We are comparing ourselves to other users of the machine using similar techniques.

Case in point, when you go to the gym and you do leg extension with a machine. Will it be the same weight for every machine that you use? Nope? Why not, its all freeweights right? Wrong the machines are all designed differently so it taxes your musculature differently. (Nautilus has cams, other machines the buttocks rise up too, foot/knee angle are also effected) Same with the BowFlex. Does it mean that one machine is more superior to another? Nope.

So why does it matter if your friend lifts with a bowflex?

Now if your friend chides you by saying he can lift more than you with his bowflex well than let him have it.

Fuelish is just really nice. (+1000) Fuelish is just really nice. (+1000) Fuelish is just really nice. (+1000) Fuelish is just really nice. (+1000) Fuelish is just really nice. (+1000) Fuelish is just really nice. (+1000) Fuelish is just really nice. (+1000) Fuelish is just really nice. (+1000) Fuelish is just really nice. (+1000) Fuelish is just really nice. (+1000) Fuelish is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Keetman View Post
    The only way a bowflex is cost efficient is if its purchased used, period.
    I dunno ...... mine was free .... not a bad deal, really (my brother gave me his Ultimate XTLU) - beings as I'm a mountainbiker, the Bowflex workout fits in fine with my idea of fitness/strength training - I prefer to stay lean and strong......different strokes, yadda yadda yadda

Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Fuelish View Post
    I dunno ...... mine was free .... not a bad deal, really (my brother gave me his Ultimate XTLU) - beings as I'm a mountainbiker, the Bowflex workout fits in fine with my idea of fitness/strength training - I prefer to stay lean and strong......different strokes, yadda yadda yadda

I have absolutely no issues with anything in your post. I said the 'flex was cost-efficient if purchased used and you one-up'd that so you win. I'm sure the thing will help you stay fit and lean if you use it regularly, throw in some cardio and eat properly.

Good luck.

Ivanko Crew #9
    York Barbell Crew #13

Army GI has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    People have a lot of bad things to saw about the bflex. My only issue with it is that it doesn't really mimic real weigh (I was arm curling 120lbs, yeah right..) and that you can't use it in hot weather. The hotter the power rods get the easier they are to bend. I remember doing 410 lbs on some exercise that i had no business doing 410 lbs on.

Originally Posted by yitmy View Post
    50% related to free weights? What does it matter. When using the bow we are not comparing ourselves to freeweights. We are comparing ourselves to other users of the machine using similar techniques.

Case in point, when you go to the gym and you do leg extension with a machine. Will it be the same weight for every machine that you use? Nope? Why not, its all freeweights right? Wrong the machines are all designed differently so it taxes your musculature differently. (Nautilus has cams, other machines the buttocks rise up too, foot/knee angle are also effected) Same with the BowFlex. Does it mean that one machine is more superior to another? Nope.

So why does it matter if your friend lifts with a bowflex?

Now if your friend chides you by saying he can lift more than you with his bowflex well than let him have it.
    Well it also becomes an issue when he is telling people he can bench 310 lbs, when he is 6'1" at 182 lbs and looks like he has been working out 6 months. Also as he truely believed the conversions were close to 100%, he actually might have tried to bench something like 275 if someone called him out on this because he truely believed he could bench at least 275 with free weight as a result of 2 months on the bowflex, which might have gotten him injuried. He was rather embarassed that he was unable to handle 125 for a single on the bench press and I did not give him a hard time about it, nor make fun of him in any way.

Tifferzzz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tifferzzz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tifferzzz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tifferzzz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tifferzzz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tifferzzz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tifferzzz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tifferzzz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tifferzzz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tifferzzz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tifferzzz will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    The bowflex commercials are undoubtedly spectacular - in as little as 15 minutes a day - they say.

What they don't specify in the commercial is - oh, by the way, plan on eating healthy, and also adding a massive amount of cardio.

What? You mean I can't look like that fabulous model by working out 15 minutes a day, then sitting on my ass the rest of the day eating cookies and heading to McDonalds?

Sex sells, Imagination sells, and fake hope sells.

No, I didn't buy one. Not a BowFlex. My mom actually bought a BowFlex style gym, but it wasn't with the BowFlex brand. Did she use it? Nope. So I got it - free.

Nice - I know.

Tried to resell it - couldn't even get a hundred dollars from it. Never been used. Nice.

So I put the damned thing together, figuring I'd use it for a nice night cooldown / stretch routine (my shoulders / lats tend to get tight at night.) Here's my synopsis of this Cable monster.

#1. I hate Cables. Even at the gym I hate Cables. The resistance is still along an invisible plane of control, and if you lift to quickly, and the weight's to light, then you get the slack, the jerk, and then the yank. If you've done this - you know what I'm talking about.

#2. Brand New machines have an evil amount of added resistance from non-use, meaning that when one tries to complete a lat-pull down - as it were - it feels more like....well bending an unbendable bar.

#3. This machine is majorly overpriced and hugely under-wanted. I'm unsure what their current pricing is - and don't care enough to look it up - but they're always put on those "Pay in 20 easy payments of $20!" Yeah - do the math.

Anywho - there is something that Bowflex had that I might be interested in. They're the adjustable dumbbell system. Current owners - what's your feedback on these?
    "The reality is that neither strength nor technique will adequately compensate for a considerable lack of the other.....Excellent technique and poor strength will produce a mediocre athlete; excellent strength and poor technique will produce a mediocre athlete. Neither can be neglected for the sake of developing the other, and the two must be developed in concert - " Greg Everett, Olympic Weightlifting

lemieux66c will become famous soon enough. (+50) lemieux66c will become famous soon enough. (+50) lemieux66c will become famous soon enough. (+50) lemieux66c will become famous soon enough. (+50) lemieux66c will become famous soon enough. (+50) lemieux66c will become famous soon enough. (+50) lemieux66c will become famous soon enough. (+50) lemieux66c will become famous soon enough. (+50) lemieux66c will become famous soon enough. (+50) lemieux66c will become famous soon enough. (+50) lemieux66c will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Tifferzzz View Post
    Anywho - there is something that Bowflex had that I might be interested in. They're the adjustable dumbbell system. Current owners - what's your feedback on these?
    I've never personally used them, but popular opinion around here is that they suck - break easy, etc. PowerBlock and Ironmaster adjustable dumbbells have a much better reputation around here. You should do a search on those.

TMaG82 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TMaG82 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TMaG82 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TMaG82 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TMaG82 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TMaG82 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TMaG82 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TMaG82 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TMaG82 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TMaG82 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TMaG82 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Tifferzzz View Post
    The bowflex commercials are undoubtedly spectacular - in as little as 15 minutes a day - they say.

What they don't specify in the commercial is - oh, by the way, plan on eating healthy, and also adding a massive amount of cardio.

What? You mean I can't look like that fabulous model by working out 15 minutes a day, then sitting on my ass the rest of the day eating cookies and heading to McDonalds?

Sex sells, Imagination sells, and fake hope sells.

No, I didn't buy one. Not a BowFlex. My mom actually bought a BowFlex style gym, but it wasn't with the BowFlex brand. Did she use it? Nope. So I got it - free.

Nice - I know.

Tried to resell it - couldn't even get a hundred dollars from it. Never been used. Nice.

So I put the damned thing together, figuring I'd use it for a nice night cooldown / stretch routine (my shoulders / lats tend to get tight at night.) Here's my synopsis of this Cable monster.

#1. I hate Cables. Even at the gym I hate Cables. The resistance is still along an invisible plane of control, and if you lift to quickly, and the weight's to light, then you get the slack, the jerk, and then the yank. If you've done this - you know what I'm talking about.

#2. Brand New machines have an evil amount of added resistance from non-use, meaning that when one tries to complete a lat-pull down - as it were - it feels more like....well bending an unbendable bar.

#3. This machine is majorly overpriced and hugely under-wanted. I'm unsure what their current pricing is - and don't care enough to look it up - but they're always put on those "Pay in 20 easy payments of $20!" Yeah - do the math.

The first part that you wrote about the ad being misleading, yes it is. But most ads for exercise equipment be it the Bowflex, the P90X, some AB rocker, the exercise video, etc are all guilty of that. I doubt any person with a half a brain would think that eating like crap would be negated by working out with whatever piece of equipment they use. It's actually resorted to these manufacturers having to write 'Combined with a healthy diet' in a disclaimer. If someone actually believed that working out for 15-30 minutes a day on a Bowflex, doing the P90X video, rocking back and forth in a ab chair or doing 8 minute abs or whatever it may be, would let them sit the rest of the day eating cookies and going to McDonald's, they need their heads examined.

No I don't own a Bowflex rod system and no I don't plan on owning one. But it does annoy me when people knock something that is useful for some based on the fact that it costs more than they would want to spend. Obviously it works for someone otherwise they wouldn't continue to sell them. Yes I'm sure there's a percentage of people that buy them that end up regretting the purchase. That's why you see so many of them listed on ebay and craigslist and being 'close to new' or 'I just use it to hang my clothes on'. But if these people were the majority and not a small minority they couldn't keep sales up to warrant continuing to spend R&D on new models, etc.

I do own a set of Bowflex adjustable dumbbells though along with their adjustable bench. I was given a chance to buy the adjustable dumbbells for a fraction of the price at a store closing sale and use them everyday. Not the 552's that only go up to 52.5 lbs but the 1090's that are adjustable up to 90 lbs. Are they perfect? Far from it. But I'd rather keep the little space that I have and not spend $1000+ on a dumbbell rack and dumbbells from 25-100 lbs.

karma_jesus45 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) karma_jesus45 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) karma_jesus45 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) karma_jesus45 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) karma_jesus45 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) karma_jesus45 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) karma_jesus45 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) karma_jesus45 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) karma_jesus45 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) karma_jesus45 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) karma_jesus45 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by TMaG82 View Post
    The first part that you wrote about the ad being misleading, yes it is. But most ads for exercise equipment be it the Bowflex, the P90X, some AB rocker, the exercise video, etc are all guilty of that. I doubt any person with a half a brain would think that eating like crap would be negated by working out with whatever piece of equipment they use. It's actually resorted to these manufacturers having to write 'Combined with a healthy diet' in a disclaimer. If someone actually believed that working out for 15-30 minutes a day on a Bowflex, doing the P90X video, rocking back and forth in a ab chair or doing 8 minute abs or whatever it may be, would let them sit the rest of the day eating cookies and going to McDonald's, they need their heads examined.

No I don't own a Bowflex rod system and no I don't plan on owning one. But it does annoy me when people knock something that is useful for some based on the fact that it costs more than they would want to spend. Obviously it works for someone otherwise they wouldn't continue to sell them. Yes I'm sure there's a percentage of people that buy them that end up regretting the purchase. That's why you see so many of them listed on ebay and craigslist and being 'close to new' or 'I just use it to hang my clothes on'. But if these people were the majority and not a small minority they couldn't keep sales up to warrant continuing to spend R&D on new models, etc.

I do own a set of Bowflex adjustable dumbbells though along with their adjustable bench. I was given a chance to buy the adjustable dumbbells for a fraction of the price at a store closing sale and use them everyday. Not the 552's that only go up to 52.5 lbs but the 1090's that are adjustable up to 90 lbs. Are they perfect? Far from it. But I'd rather keep the little space that I have and not spend $1000+ on a dumbbell rack and dumbbells from 25-100 lbs.
    I agree that ad's are misleading. All of those people in bowflex commercials are probably all fitness instructors. It would take a couple of years for some people to reach their level's fitness. Most ab machine exercises just do exercises that we can all do at home. Your not getting the model's six pack from just that thing. Even if you eat healthy you are going to have to target your abs in another way with other ab exercises.
    But P90x doesn't really lie. A nutrition guide comes with it and even in the videos he tells you to do the nutrition steps and drink the recovery drinks. My whole drive in exercising started b/c of P90x so I owe it to them. I don't use any supplements and right now I am going to have to bulk up again. I have other machines and benches now but my drive started b/c P90x showed me how. Only thing I would change is to add some benching after the p90x chest days.

And my friend has the Bowflex dumbbell's that go up to 52.5 lb. Only reason they aren't good is b/c they restrict movements due to them being so bulky as hell. It does feel like i you drop them hard then they will break. CL has dumbbells pretty cheap. I have a set up to 50lbs and one 75lb and didn't pay much at all. Slowly I am going to replace them with the steel black rubber hexagon dumbbell.
    I rep back with whatever I have

Fuelish is just really nice. (+1000) Fuelish is just really nice. (+1000) Fuelish is just really nice. (+1000) Fuelish is just really nice. (+1000) Fuelish is just really nice. (+1000) Fuelish is just really nice. (+1000) Fuelish is just really nice. (+1000) Fuelish is just really nice. (+1000) Fuelish is just really nice. (+1000) Fuelish is just really nice. (+1000) Fuelish is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by karma_jesus45 View Post
    It does feel like i you drop them hard then they will break.
    Ummmmmmmmm .... don't drop them ???!!!??? Sorry, it begged to be asked...

karma_jesus45 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) karma_jesus45 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) karma_jesus45 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) karma_jesus45 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) karma_jesus45 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) karma_jesus45 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) karma_jesus45 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) karma_jesus45 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) karma_jesus45 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) karma_jesus45 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) karma_jesus45 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by Fuelish View Post
    Ummmmmmmmm .... don't drop them ???!!!??? Sorry, it begged to be asked...
    Well my friend's Bowflex dumbell's only go up to 52.5lbs. So I can't really say anything about the ones that go up to higher weight. I never dropped his b/c I don't want my friend getting pissed off that I broke it. So I would always place it back in the stands. But it easily feels like if I drop it, then the dial on the sides would crack in half. If your asking which exercises can make you drop it. Then heavy dumbbell flies and heavy dumbbell presses. From bench height to concrete floor would crack it easily.

Also something annoying is that when I use all 52.5 lbs then a lot of times the stand sticks to the bottom while lifting them up.
    I rep back with whatever I have

DariusWithHeat is not very well liked. (-100) DariusWithHeat is not very well liked. (-100) DariusWithHeat is not very well liked. (-100) DariusWithHeat is not very well liked. (-100) DariusWithHeat is not very well liked. (-100) DariusWithHeat is not very well liked. (-100) DariusWithHeat is not very well liked. (-100) DariusWithHeat is not very well liked. (-100) DariusWithHeat is not very well liked. (-100) DariusWithHeat is not very well liked. (-100) DariusWithHeat is not very well liked. (-100)
    never seen results on these

MiletJohn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

RE : Official Newbie Bowflex Search

I think it no change for dumbbell and i use many time continuously but no change. So, please give me advice or information.

Mayze will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mayze will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mayze will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mayze will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mayze will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mayze will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mayze will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mayze will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mayze will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mayze will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mayze will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    What alot of people don't realize is that not everyone likes going to the gym. I would go as far as to say 90% or more people who purchase one do so because they would rather workout at home. Some may have families and aren't able to go to the gym regularly.

The footprint of bowflexes for a home gym is it's biggest selling point. It takes up very little space. I have the Revolution and there are a ton of exercises you can do and it takes up very little space. For me with a wife and 4 kids it's perfect.

Is it going to make anybody huge like Arny? No. But if you have the money and want to stay in shape while building some muscle it will do the job as long as you put the work in.

Kodokan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kodokan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kodokan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kodokan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kodokan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kodokan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kodokan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kodokan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kodokan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kodokan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kodokan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Mayze View Post
    What alot of people don't realize is that not everyone likes going to the gym. I would go as far as to say 90% or more people who purchase one do so because they would rather workout at home. Some may have families and aren't able to go to the gym regularly.

The footprint of bowflexes for a home gym is it's biggest selling point. It takes up very little space. I have the Revolution and there are a ton of exercises you can do and it takes up very little space. For me with a wife and 4 kids it's perfect.

Is it going to make anybody huge like Arny? No. But if you have the money and want to stay in shape while building some muscle it will do the job as long as you put the work in.
    from pics of it, the footprint looks not much at all smaller than a power rack with bench. if you're going to spend ~$2000 on workout equipment, IMO it should under no circumstances be on a bowflex. you'd be much better off with even just a set of ironmasters and a bench.

Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by Kodokan View Post
    from pics of it, the footprint looks not much at all smaller than a power rack with bench. if you're going to spend ~$2000 on workout equipment, IMO it should under no circumstances be on a bowflex. you'd be much better off with even just a set of ironmasters and a bench.
    Exactly,

The footprint of a bench and dumbbells is smaller and the equipment is far more versatile and far less likely to break for less than half the cost.

if you have slightly more room a full power rack is as versatile as going to the gym and still far less than a bowflex

THey are just a poor value.
    []---[] Equipment Crew Member No. 11

"As iron sharpens iron so one man sharpens another" Proverbs 27:17

Mayze will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mayze will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mayze will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mayze will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mayze will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mayze will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mayze will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mayze will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mayze will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mayze will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mayze will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Remember that the Bowflex folds up when you are done. A power rack doesn't. I have our bowflex in our bedroom. When it's fully extended it takes up quite a bit of space but once I'm done it folds up and we still have plenty of room.

If I had a room dedicated for gym equipment I would definitely think about a nice power rack. I'm hoping in the near future that will be possible.

Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz
    Oh I forgot you are the Bowflex shill, not matter what we say you will continue to defend you personal cash cow.

Every single post defending this crap except for the one where I called you on it before, how sad.

Who's the loser? The one who's post has nothing with this thread? This thread is about the Bowflex dumbbells not about the number of post someone has. Or did you know that?
    The 3 most popular adjustable dumbbells cost roughly the same price. I went with the selecttechs 1090's for my p90x workouts. The pace of the workouts are fast and I wanted a set of dumbbells that I could switch weights quickly.

People here say that they are poorly made but I have had no problems out of mine. They work just as advertised. I tried out a set of Powerblocks and I couldn't stand the constant rattling of the weights and the shape.

I haven't tried Ironmasters but I can tell by the video's that I would be hitting pause often to change weights.

Powerblocks and Ironmasters are more durable if you happen to drop them but I didn't base my decision on that. That would be the same as me making my decison of getting a automobile on the chance I would have a wreck. I would go with a Ford F750 or something if that was what I was worried about.

The selecttechs are good. Many people here will say different but like I've stated mine work perfect and I absolutley love em'
    Less money? The powerblock elite 5-90's are $598. Bowflex 1090's are $599. Ironmasters are $489 up to 75lbs. Add on weight is $200 more. Whether one is better than the other is debatable but neither brand is cheaper.
    I own a pair of bowflex 1090's and love them. Seems alot of people here compare equipment to amount of abuse they can take. It's not hard to use dumbbells and not drop them.
    []---[] Equipment Crew Member No. 11

"As iron sharpens iron so one man sharpens another" Proverbs 27:17

animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    "If there must be trouble let it be in my day, that my child may have peace." -Thomas Paine

[]---[]Equipment Crew Member No.3[]---[]
    ()---() York Barbell Club #2 ()---()

[QUOTE=Wildtim;395744191]Oh I forgot you are the Bowflex shill, not matter what we say you will continue to defend you personal cash cow.

Every single post defending this crap except for the one where I called you on it before, how sad.

My personal cash cow.....LOL! [sarcasm] I hope you've seen all my commercials. I make a killing from all the equipment I sell..... I must be doing something right considering I have the #1 selling home gym in the history of home gyms! [/sarcasm]

Seriously.........

yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I must be doing something right considering I have the #1 selling home gym in the history of home gyms! [/sarcasm]

Seriously.........
    This is the #1 best selling car in history. Is it the best car?

[]---[] Equipment Crew Member No.19

Proud Owner of an Irish Tan

Oh Yankee you da man. I was trying to think of a good analogy, but my pea brain wouldn't allow it tonight!

Ok, I'm leaving the short bus thread again, this place smells.

Ivanko Crew #9
    York Barbell Crew #13