Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Wildtim View Post
    I see our boflex troll is back
    I think he is like that swine flu I saw on the news. He is infecting everything.
    []---[] Equipment Crew Member No.19

Proud Owner of an Irish Tan

APEX320 is on a distinguished road. (+10) APEX320 is on a distinguished road. (+10) APEX320 is on a distinguished road. (+10) APEX320 is on a distinguished road. (+10) APEX320 is on a distinguished road. (+10) APEX320 is on a distinguished road. (+10) APEX320 is on a distinguished road. (+10) APEX320 is on a distinguished road. (+10) APEX320 is on a distinguished road. (+10) APEX320 is on a distinguished road. (+10) APEX320 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by yankeemarko1 View Post
    I think he is like that swine flu I saw on the news. He is infecting everything.
    hahahaha ROFLMAO

ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by Tyciol View Post
    When I clicked the link in the OP, I got no results. I don't fully understand the purpose of this thread. OP needs to edit in proper search particulars.
    Or Tyciol needs to understand that the OP means USE THE DAMN search button, which changes everytime there is an additional dumbass bowflex thread made
    lift big 2 get big
    Former NPC Masters Competitor
    Certified Personal Trainer
    Mod @ bodybuilding.com

Obesity related illness will account for more than 1/2 of all health care costs in the next few years.
    So why is the damn government waging war on the FITNESS Industry??

Before you criticize someone, try walking a mile in their shoes
    Then, you are a mile away AND, you have their shoes!

DIRECT WORDS FROM THE CEO....
    -Mods cannot do name changes
    -Mods cannot mass delete posts/threads

rubenramos2 is just really nice. (+1000) rubenramos2 is just really nice. (+1000) rubenramos2 is just really nice. (+1000) rubenramos2 is just really nice. (+1000) rubenramos2 is just really nice. (+1000) rubenramos2 is just really nice. (+1000) rubenramos2 is just really nice. (+1000) rubenramos2 is just really nice. (+1000) rubenramos2 is just really nice. (+1000) rubenramos2 is just really nice. (+1000) rubenramos2 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by HardKore79 View Post
    Havent seen one real person lose weight and build muscle like the commercials state.
    No complaints here. 14 weeks of using the Bowflex Ultimate.

)))1(((

"Today is the first day of the rest of my life!"

www.rubensventures.com

Kodokan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kodokan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kodokan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kodokan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kodokan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kodokan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kodokan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kodokan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kodokan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kodokan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kodokan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by rubenramos2 View Post
    Attached Images

rubenramos2 is just really nice. (+1000) rubenramos2 is just really nice. (+1000) rubenramos2 is just really nice. (+1000) rubenramos2 is just really nice. (+1000) rubenramos2 is just really nice. (+1000) rubenramos2 is just really nice. (+1000) rubenramos2 is just really nice. (+1000) rubenramos2 is just really nice. (+1000) rubenramos2 is just really nice. (+1000) rubenramos2 is just really nice. (+1000) rubenramos2 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Kodokan View Post
    Oh, I'm very serious. I started a transformation contest Jan 15, 09 and took final pics on May 4, 09. If you visit my bodyspace you can follow my progress, you can read my posts throughout the contest where I mentioned, on multiple occasions, that all I was using was the Bowflex. I live in a small town, we have no gym. I believe my first post was, "I am jealous of everyone because all I had was a Bowflex." I used what I had and these are the results I got.
    )))1(((

www.rubensventures.com

animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Oh, I'm very serious. I started a transformation contest Jan 15, 09 and took final pics on May 4, 09. If you visit my bodyspace you can follow my progress, you can read my posts throughout the contest where I mentioned, on multiple occasions, that all I was using was the Bowflex. I live in a small town, we have no gym. I believe my first post was, "I am jealous of everyone because all I had was a Bowflex." I used what I had and these are the results I got.
    i wouldn't argue that a bowflex will work, but i think the problem is with the advertising. too many people believe that you can get results like yours in 20 minutes a day, 3 days a week like the commercial says. between that and the price (of a new one, at least) just makes most of us rage.

congrats on your transformation, though, regardless of what equipment you used! i don't think you could've done any better with a full gym.
    "If there must be trouble let it be in my day, that my child may have peace." -Thomas Paine

[]---[]Equipment Crew Member No.3[]---[]
    ()---() York Barbell Club #2 ()---()

Originally Posted by animalfan View Post
    i wouldn't argue that a bowflex will work, but i think the problem is with the advertising. too many people believe that you can get results like yours in 20 minutes a day, 3 days a week like the commercial says. between that and the price (of a new one, at least) just makes most of us rage.

congrats on your transformation, though, regardless of what equipment you used! i don't think you could've done any better with a full gym.
    Thanks man, I am glad you noticed what I accomplished regardless of how I got there.
    )))1(((

www.rubensventures.com

Kodokan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kodokan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kodokan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kodokan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kodokan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kodokan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kodokan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kodokan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kodokan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kodokan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kodokan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    The 'not sure if serious' is because I'm often skeptical of short time 'transformations', because so many before/after pictures it looks like the person maybe already had whatever lean mass the after pics had...and basically are cutting to get there.

But hey, congrats on your great results. You look like you're in great shape, as you said regardless of how you got there. So if boflex is working for you, then that's awesome. I think they're too expensive myself for what they are...but to each his own and its great if you have a good thing going with it.

BTW...you did mention in your blog that diet was a tough part of your 'transformation'. Did you record your weight and bodyfat and the beginning and end of your contest?

HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000) HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000) HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000) HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000) HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000) HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000) HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000) HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000) HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000) HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000) HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Good job on your transformation, BUT it looks like you already had the muscle and you just did a cut! That could be easily done just by watching your diet. I now I have in the past without touching any weights when I had an operation. Now post back when you've packed another 20lbs of muscle on it.
    []---[] Equipment Crew Member No.2

Lifetime reps: TheSuccessful1

The 'not sure if serious' is because I'm often skeptical of short time 'transformations', because so many before/after pictures it looks like the person maybe already had whatever lean mass the after pics had...and basically are cutting to get there.

But hey, congrats on your great results. You look like you're in great shape, as you said regardless of how you got there. So if boflex is working for you, then that's awesome. I think they're too expensive myself for what they are...but to each his own and its great if you have a good thing going with it.

BTW...you did mention in your blog that diet was a tough part of your 'transformation'. Did you record your weight and bodyfat and the beginning and end of your contest?
    As far as the pics, because of the contest, certain poses were required with a national newspaper. Expensive? Maybe, but what would you pay to be in the best shape of your life? Is a pair of $200 nikes overpriced? It all depends what someone is willing to pay for it. Yes, diet was extremely tough. When you are used to eating whatever you want, to being on a strict, everything revolves around eating. Please understand that this was my first time to do anything like this. I did not know anything about diet. Whenever I heard someone mention macronutrients, I wandered if you could get them in powder or pill form. At that point I was probably 6 weeks into my transformation. My intent is not to mislead anyone, just to tell about my experiences. I will share information I picked up along my journey with anyone interested. I started at 166 lbs and 22 bf, ended at 152 lbs and 7 bf. Without looking at what I posted, I believe that is correct.
    )))1(((

www.rubensventures.com

Good job on your transformation, BUT it looks like you already had the muscle and you just did a cut! That could be easily done just by watching your diet. I now I have in the past without touching any weights when I had an operation. Now post back when you've packed another 20lbs of muscle on it.
    Thanks! Are you saying I wasted my time with all those hours of resistance training? I did the dietn are you say that alone was enough to get my results? I don't think so. As far as gaining 20 lbs of muscle, that's a tall order for anyone no matter what you use. BUT, I am up to the challenge if you are, just let me know when you're ready to start.
    )))1(((

www.rubensventures.com

HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000) HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000) HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000) HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000) HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000) HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000) HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000) HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000) HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000) HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000) HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Thanks! Are you saying I wasted my time with all those hours of resistance training? I did the dietn are you say that alone was enough to get my results? I don't think so. As far as gaining 20 lbs of muscle, that's a tall order for anyone no matter what you use. BUT, I am up to the challenge if you are, just let me know when you're ready to start.
    The point was to convey that you didn't gain any mass at all from what you already had. But I'm always up for an easy challenge.

The point was to convey that you didn't gain any mass at all from what you already had. But I'm always up for an easy challenge.
    Call it what you want. l feel like I am always on defense here. I lost mass around my waist and gained around my legs ,calves and shoulders. If you think gaining 20 lbs of lean muscle mass is easy, you should consider going pro. Really!
    )))1(((

www.rubensventures.com

Call it what you want. l feel like I am always on defense here. I lost mass around my waist and gained around my legs ,calves and shoulders. If you think gaining 20 lbs of lean muscle mass is easy, you should consider going pro. Really!
    I think youre taking everything that I say to extreme and youre being over-defensive! I never said that it was freaking easy to slap on 20lbs of muscle , but in the other hand you'll never hear a body-builder say that he slapped on the mass using bowflex. Never have and never will. Free-weights is the name of the game and thats the word!

Plus, you didn't lose "mass" per se. You lost mainly fat. Losing fat from an already built body will always look bigger than before. Post your pics in the pic forum and post the whole description that you put here. They will tell you the same thing that I'm telling you.

I think youre taking everything that I say to extreme and youre being over-defensive! I never said that it was freaking easy to slap on 20lbs of muscle , but in the other hand you'll never hear a body-builder say that he slapped on the mass using bowflex. Never have and never will. Free-weights is the name of the game and thats the word!
    Oh, my bad. I thought that is what you meant when you said "easy challenge". I was not refering to you in particularly when I said I feel like I am on defense. Read some of my previous posts here and other forums and you will see what I am talking about.
    )))1(((

www.rubensventures.com

This is what I thought from looking at the pics...but after rubenramos2 posted his beginning/end weight/body fat % you can see he did gain muscle. I believe we can calculate the lean mass gained and fat lost.

For simplicity...I think you can get a rough idea if you're gaining muscle by calculating how much your fat weighs, and then considering the change in your remaining body weight as lean mass (muscle/bone/tendons...whatever). Please correct if someone sees my numbers are off or misguided.

For starting weight 166 and bodyfat 22%:
    fat = 36.52 = (166 * (22/100))
    lean mass = 129.48 = 166 - 36.52

For ending weight 152 and bodyfat 7&:
    fat = 10.64 = (152 * (7/100))
    lean mass = 141.36 = 152 - 10.64

If all that's correct, then rubenramos2 has done a great job and lost 25.88 lbs of fat, and gained 11.88 pounds of muscle.

This is what I thought from looking at the pics...but after rubenramos2 posted his beginning/end weight/body fat % you can see he did gain muscle. I believe we can calculate the lean mass gained and fat lost.

For simplicity...I think you can get a rough idea if you're gaining muscle by calculating how much your fat weighs, and then considering the change in your remaining body weight as lean mass (muscle/bone/tendons...whatever). Please correct if someone sees my numbers are off or misguided.

For starting weight 166 and bodyfat 22%:
    fat = 36.52 = (166 * (22/100))
    lean mass = 129.48 = 166 - 36.52

For ending weight 152 and bodyfat 7&:
    fat = 10.64 = (152 * (7/100))
    lean mass = 141.36 = 152 - 10.64

If all that's correct, then rubenramos2 has done a great job and lost 25.88 lbs of fat, and gained 11.88 pounds of muscle.
    I never figured the numbers, but that looks about right. I just used the mirror and tape measure to asses my progress. I knew I had not only lost fat, which is difficult to judge just by looking at pics. I appreciate you doing that.
    Last edited by rubenramos2; 05-21-2009 at 09:36 AM.
    )))1(((

www.rubensventures.com

chager00 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Wink

I never figured the numbers, but that looks about right. I just used the mirror and tape measure to asses my progress. I knew I had not only lost fat, which is difficult to judge just by looking at pics. I appreciate you doing that.
    Good job Ruben, nice results. I have a Bowflex, too. I got it on Craigs List dirt cheap in like new condition. I have only been using it for a few weeks and can already tell it's only going to take me so far. Once I get there I'll sell it on Craigs List and get some decent free weights. But for now, the Bowflex will work fine for this former couch potato who needs to burn a lot of fat before focusing on building mass!

Here's someone that went from flabbo (same basic shape as me but I'm fatter) to taking second in a competition using only the Bowflex. I understand that it will only take you so far, but being so negative toward it isn't good either. Worth all the money? I don't think so, but if I achieve the kind of body this guy has I'll be happy (and it's pretty obvious in his case that he did add mass): http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/eddy_schumacher.htm

Originally Posted by chager00 View Post
    Good job Ruben, nice results. I have a Bowflex, too. I got it on Craigs List dirt cheap in like new condition. I have only been using it for a few weeks and can already tell it's only going to take me so far. Once I get there I'll sell it on Craigs List and get some decent free weights. But for now, the Bowflex will work fine for this former couch potato who needs to burn a lot of fat before focusing on building mass!

Here's someone that went from flabbo (same basic shape as me but I'm fatter) to taking second in a competition using only the Bowflex. I understand that it will only take you so far, but being so negative toward it isn't good either. Worth all the money? I don't think so, but if I achieve the kind of body this guy has I'll be happy (and it's pretty obvious in his case that he did add mass): http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/eddy_schumacher.htm
    Thanks for the info. I to will move onto something else if I quit seeing results. It would be insanity to continue doing the same thing over and over expecting different results. But for now keep flexing.
    )))1(((

www.rubensventures.com

Hmmm, where is everyone? Sure has been quiet in here the past few days. Kodokan, I think you killed the conversation, lol.
    )))1(((

www.rubensventures.com

Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    We don't really hang out in the Bowflex section, Ruben. There's not a lot more to say about your situation is there? You did a nice job, but I doubt you convinced many to go get a bowflex. You showed us it can be done, but most of the haters figured it could.........we just don't like the product and the marketing (been said a lot).

Anyway, if you want to.......come post in the rest of the forum. I don't think most of the people here will be rude to you because you use a bowflex

Again, nice job.
    ▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #4 ▪█─────█▪

Ivanko Crew #9
    York Barbell Crew #13

Originally Posted by Keetman View Post
    We don't really hang out in the Bowflex section, Ruben. There's not a lot more to say about your situation is there? You did a nice job, but I doubt you convinced many to go get a bowflex. You showed us it can be done, but most of the haters figured it could.........we just don't like the product and the marketing (been said a lot).

Anyway, if you want to.......come post in the rest of the forum. I don't think most of the people here will be rude to you because you use a bowflex
    I appreciate it, I really do. And thanks for the invite. I was never trying to convince anyone to go get a bowflex. I don't work for them. I was simply showing that results were possible, that's all. There were quite a few haters that belittled my progress because I used the bowflex that is what ticked me off. But that is what I have and if I get to a point where I quit seeing progress then I will do something different, cool?
    )))1(((

www.rubensventures.com

I have started a "Bowflex Users" thread for those interested in sharing ideas. Here is the address: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...#post336237031
    )))1(((

www.rubensventures.com

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j7aqLYy5Wjs

A little Billy Mays boflex humor...

That's hillarious dude!
    )))1(((

www.rubensventures.com

bigbuc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    alot of hate for the bowflex.... 1 guy made a huse transformation, and many downplay it.. annd if the link to the other guy, if he only used bowflex, its clear he did gain mass with it

kelt_22 is just really nice. (+1000) kelt_22 is just really nice. (+1000) kelt_22 is just really nice. (+1000) kelt_22 is just really nice. (+1000) kelt_22 is just really nice. (+1000) kelt_22 is just really nice. (+1000) kelt_22 is just really nice. (+1000) kelt_22 is just really nice. (+1000) kelt_22 is just really nice. (+1000) kelt_22 is just really nice. (+1000) kelt_22 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by bigbuc View Post
    alot of hate for the bowflex.... 1 guy made a huse transformation, and many downplay it.. annd if the link to the other guy, if he only used bowflex, its clear he did gain mass with it
    His hard work got the results not the over priced gimmick. It is about cost vs results. and the bowflex is the worst second only to the ROM machine.
    I sell home and commercial fitness equipment, so if you have questions on equipment PM me and I will help.

“When the light comes down, and the earth shakes with the footsteps of a thousand battalions, when the air sings with the sound of clashing shields, and the ground is wet with the blood of men, that is when I am most alive. That is when my life is taken to the edge of the point, that is when I am invincible until the moment of death”

-Unknown Spartan Hoplite, 461 B.C.-

yitmy will become famous soon enough. (+50) yitmy will become famous soon enough. (+50) yitmy will become famous soon enough. (+50) yitmy will become famous soon enough. (+50) yitmy will become famous soon enough. (+50) yitmy will become famous soon enough. (+50) yitmy will become famous soon enough. (+50) yitmy will become famous soon enough. (+50) yitmy will become famous soon enough. (+50) yitmy will become famous soon enough. (+50) yitmy will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by kelt_22 View Post
    His hard work got the results not the over priced gimmick. It is about cost vs results. and the bowflex is the worst second only to the ROM machine.
    So what he is saying is that if you work hard on any piece of equipment you could see results. I cannot speak of the ROM machine, but as I have used both free weights and the bowflex- and the results are real.