Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
    Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz
    Here is Bowflexes cheapest model at Dicks:

http://www.dickssportinggoods.com/pr...ductId=3166644

here is their better one:

http://www.dickssportinggoods.com/pr...ductId=3166645

Here is a power rack set-up:

http://www.dickssportinggoods.com/pr...ductId=3093263

The cheap bowflex has a maximum resistance of 210 pounds, the expensive one is upgradeable to 310, the rack is safer and will hold more than anyone but a monster will ever put on it. Any questions.
    []---[] Equipment Crew Member No. 11

"As iron sharpens iron so one man sharpens another" Proverbs 27:17

PullBig has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PullBig has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PullBig has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PullBig has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PullBig has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PullBig has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PullBig has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PullBig has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PullBig has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PullBig has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PullBig has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Will a bowflex make me big like arny?
    []---[] Equipment Crew Member No. 15

Repping crew for life.

I rep back.:)

Ive got a new training partner.:)

Dirty Bulking.:)

Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz
    ^^^ notice the skilled use of the sarcasm smilie^^^

PullBig has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PullBig has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PullBig has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PullBig has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PullBig has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PullBig has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PullBig has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PullBig has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PullBig has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PullBig has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PullBig has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Repping crew for life.

yitmy will become famous soon enough. (+50) yitmy will become famous soon enough. (+50) yitmy will become famous soon enough. (+50) yitmy will become famous soon enough. (+50) yitmy will become famous soon enough. (+50) yitmy will become famous soon enough. (+50) yitmy will become famous soon enough. (+50) yitmy will become famous soon enough. (+50) yitmy will become famous soon enough. (+50) yitmy will become famous soon enough. (+50) yitmy will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by PullBig View Post
    Will a bowflex make me big like arny?
    Diet and supplementation is very important to be big like arny. A great expression is that "You can't out-train a lousy diet". No matter what equipment you use, if not used properly in combination with diet, supplementation and rest. You will be more fit but not as big as arny.

XxXSnake23XxX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) XxXSnake23XxX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) XxXSnake23XxX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) XxXSnake23XxX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) XxXSnake23XxX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) XxXSnake23XxX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) XxXSnake23XxX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Anyone ever have to replace a bowflex dial for dumbbells?

I accidentally dropped the weight and the dial broke, anyone know the replacement cost? My 2 year warranty is up.
    August 2008 - 22.0%
    February 2009 - 15.7%

Not sure but after you get ahold of the company and find out post it here we are curiouse now. And do you have pics.

Repping crew for life.

XxXSnake23XxX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) XxXSnake23XxX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) XxXSnake23XxX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) XxXSnake23XxX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) XxXSnake23XxX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) XxXSnake23XxX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) XxXSnake23XxX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by PullBig View Post
    Not sure but after you get ahold of the company and find out post it here we are curiouse now. And do you have pics.
    going to call them as soon as customer service opens,
    im going to find the cost of both a repair job and the cost of a new plate holder
    will post pics when i get home from class
    August 2008 - 22.0%
    February 2009 - 15.7%

yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by XxXSnake23XxX View Post
    I accidentally dropped the weight and the dial broke, anyone know the replacement cost? My 2 year warranty is up.
    Sorry to hear your dumbbells are broken. I'm sure you paid good money for them and it sucks they broke. But, this is why Bowflex dumbbells get no love on these boards. Plastic on dumbbells? Why?

I'm sure the fix kit from Bowflex will be way overpriced. Shocking, huh? Here is a thought. Go to the local Sports Authority or Dick's and see if they have any old display models that have some broken parts but still have good dials. Maybe they will let you scavenge one.
    []---[] Equipment Crew Member No.19

Proud Owner of an Irish Tan

I called bowflex and for my model, 2008 it is 58.82 for a replacement handle
    not that bad, i was expecting it to be more expensive
    August 2008 - 22.0%
    February 2009 - 15.7%

APEX320 is on a distinguished road. (+10) APEX320 is on a distinguished road. (+10) APEX320 is on a distinguished road. (+10) APEX320 is on a distinguished road. (+10) APEX320 is on a distinguished road. (+10) APEX320 is on a distinguished road. (+10) APEX320 is on a distinguished road. (+10) APEX320 is on a distinguished road. (+10) APEX320 is on a distinguished road. (+10) APEX320 is on a distinguished road. (+10) APEX320 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Seriously I love this website but I am curious as to what is wrong with a Bowflex I have done a search and nothing came up so please please tell me what is soo bad about one I have the Bowflex Ultimate II with all the add ons you could imagine. Did I waste my money and why?? What should I replace it with. I workout 6 days a week at home and have Stationary bike, treadmill, freeweights, Boxing Heavy and Speed bag and of course the Bowflex. Please enlighten me on why is has such a bad reputation here. Is it just the price??

You might be interested in this then:

http://www.product-reviews.net/2009/...isk-of-injury/

It isn't their first model to suffer a recal for safty issues either. For the price you ought to get quality. With any other brand in that price catagory (or one for half the price) you do.

APEX320 is on a distinguished road. (+10) APEX320 is on a distinguished road. (+10) APEX320 is on a distinguished road. (+10) APEX320 is on a distinguished road. (+10) APEX320 is on a distinguished road. (+10) APEX320 is on a distinguished road. (+10) APEX320 is on a distinguished road. (+10) APEX320 is on a distinguished road. (+10) APEX320 is on a distinguished road. (+10) APEX320 is on a distinguished road. (+10) APEX320 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Wildtim View Post
    You might be interested in this then:

http://www.product-reviews.net/2009/...isk-of-injury/

It isn't their first model to suffer a recal for safty issues either. For the price you ought to get quality. With any other brand in that price catagory (or one for half the price) you do.
    Thank you for the recall info. I never store it in that position but its good to know. So what is wrong with it other than that??

cndGuy is on a distinguished road. (+10) cndGuy is on a distinguished road. (+10) cndGuy is on a distinguished road. (+10) cndGuy is on a distinguished road. (+10) cndGuy is on a distinguished road. (+10) cndGuy is on a distinguished road. (+10) cndGuy is on a distinguished road. (+10) cndGuy is on a distinguished road. (+10) cndGuy is on a distinguished road. (+10) cndGuy is on a distinguished road. (+10) cndGuy is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I think it's a combination of things. As you already mentioned, the new prices on their equipment is staggering. Secondly, their commercials are annoying and create unrealistic expectations. Those two things together demonstrates a fitness company that is immoral and probably turning more people off of fitness than they are helping people get in shape.

There's nothing wrong with making a profit, but I'd rather support a company that makes a profit by churning out a quality product at a reasonable price while retaining their integrity when advertising. There are a lot of supplement companies that I won't buy from for the same reasons.

Originally Posted by cndGuy View Post
    I think it's a combination of things. As you already mentioned, the new prices on their equipment is staggering. Secondly, their commercials are annoying and create unrealistic expectations. Those two things together demonstrates a fitness company that is immoral and probably turning more people off of fitness than they are helping people get in shape.

There's nothing wrong with making a profit, but I'd rather support a company that makes a profit by churning out a quality product at a reasonable price while retaining their integrity when advertising. There are a lot of supplement companies that I won't buy from for the same reasons.

Ok....... I understand people hate the commercials and I paid alot for it but "WORKOUT WISE" what is wrong with a Bowflex?? I really really want to know?? So far I cant find anything besides the stupid commercials and price which I dont care about. So fitness wise/workout wise whats wrong with it???

HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000) HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000) HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000) HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000) HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000) HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000) HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000) HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000) HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000) HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000) HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Havent seen one real person lose weight and build muscle like the commercials state.
    []---[] Equipment Crew Member No.2

Lifetime reps: TheSuccessful1

Originally Posted by HardKore79 View Post
    Havent seen one real person lose weight and build muscle like the commercials state.
    I have dropped 30lbs in 2 months. Using all my equipment. Seeing big muscle gains also thats why I want info if it is BAD for you in any way or why all the hate on it?????

Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Are you working out on it regularly and is it giving you results? If yes to both then I wouldn't worry about it, you've already got it and you can't do anything about it now.

I can take a bucket with weight in it and reap some benefit. I don't believe anyone here has said that the bowflex won't give you results. When you put resisitance on your movements something is gonna happen. Now as to whether its better or worse than other items is up to trainers, scientists, and academia to decide. If you're trying to get that admission out of one of us....there you go.

Now, the big picture is this, its a poor purchase for someone who has the money to buy new and hasn't yet. Its overpriced, overhyped, cheaply made, and there are better products out there that are in the same niche (all in one machines). I can name these manufacturers that do a better job: Bodycraft, Bodysolid, Hoist, Life Fitness, and Inspire. There are more, I'm not an "all in one" machine guy, so I'm not that familiar with them altogether. The manufacturers I've named make incredible machines that are light years beyond the Bowflex in terms of quality for the same thousands of dollars that you can spend to "live your dream of being a rock star". Why on earth would you buy a machine that is inferior to those for any other reason than that's the only one you knew about? It's the only one you knew about because of the ridiculous amount of advertising they do. The cost of a bowflex is tied up in its marketing, the price of an Inspire is tied up in its design and build quality.

Also, most people around here are going to prefer iron used inside a squat rack because its a time tested way to get bigger. I defy you to find even a successful amateur powerlifter or bodybuilder that's reached any kind of a pinnacle on a bowflex. No, most of the people here aren't looking for that type of result, but if I know that I can get that result with a rack and some weights for a thousand bucks (much cheaper actually, but I'm not even going there right now), wouldn't it be ok to assume I could get 30-40% of that result with the same equipment? A rack and some weights are better and less expensive, but they are not as sexy. People just aren't going to get rich touting a power rack at 2am on Lifetime and telling people they can get a Parabody Body.

So, it sounded like you were fishing for someone to tell you that a bowflex won't get you into shape. Problem is, I doubt you're going to find very many posts around here from us haters that say that. Personally, I just don't think its a problem disliking a company or a product that isn't as nice to look at or use and that probably won't last as long when they sell it for as much as really nice stuff.

Here's an example, most people on here don't like Weider either....also because of its generally inferior quality. However, there are a lot of posts around here where weider haters (myself included) have said its a good purchase. Why, because they sell to the masses and their prices reflect their quality compared to the good stuff. Some people just can't afford to buy a new Bodycraft rack, but they really are motivated. So they get a Weider rack for half the price and use it till they get swole. Not as nice, but still effective and cheap.

If you're premise is assumed, then Bowflex fails around here because while they could be effective.......they're not as nice and they're not even close to cheap.

But again, you got yours, not much you can do. I don't dislike you for it and I wish you well. Hell, use it for a few years and show us how massive you've gotten......it'll make this thread interesting.

Good luck.
    ▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #4 ▪█─────█▪

Ivanko Crew #9
    York Barbell Crew #13

Originally Posted by APEX320 View Post
    Thank you for the recall info. I never store it in that position but its good to know. So what is wrong with it other than that??
    Sorry wrong article :shrug: Here ist the right one.

http://blogs.consumerreports.org/saf...-home-gym.html

The seat problem sited is the third recall of this same product. The second one is the worst.

http://www.cpsc.gov/cpscpub/prerel/prhtml08/08520.html

This type of thing is my worst beef with the company. They have had a recall on virtually every single model they have built. Mostly for the same faults. you'd think that after they first time they got sued they would have re-designed so this didn't happen again, yet it just keeps happening. apparently it is cheaper to keep lawyers on retainer than to build a quality product.

As far as actually using one, They just don't feel right to me, but then again I'm not used to using one either. I've just tried them out in the stores. If you are getting what you want out of it, good for you.

As long as it holds together and doesn't break there is nothing inherently more harmful about using it. I Think we have covered why all the hate though. Any company that produces high priced poor quality equipment of marginal utility can expect to be heaped with hate from those who recognize it for what it is.

HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000) HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000) HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000) HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000) HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000) HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000) HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000) HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000) HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000) HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000) HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I have dropped 30lbs in 2 months. Using all my equipment. Seeing big muscle gains also thats why I want info if it is BAD for you in any way or why all the hate on it?????
    You say "using all of your equipment". That would include the freeweights you have also. How do you know you dropped those pounds using the bowflex?! I bet all my money on it that buiding your mass, the freeweights were the primary source of it and NOT your bowflex. Again, use strictly just the bowflex and see what improvements you come up with.
    Noone said that it was BAD for you, well maybe your pocketbook and your ego.
    []---[] Equipment Crew Member No.2

Lifetime reps: TheSuccessful1

Thank you guys all for your comments/suggestions. I was just making sure that I wasnt using a machine that was "Hurting" my body. I will look at the other options you guys recommended and probally do a "LOT" more research this time and go buy one of those if I hit a plateau soon with the Bowflex. Again thanks for your contributions to this.

Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Thank you guys all for your comments/suggestions. I was just making sure that I wasnt using a machine that was "Hurting" my body. I will look at the other options you guys recommended and probally do a "LOT" more research this time and go buy one of those if I hit a plateau soon with the Bowflex. Again thanks for your contributions to this.

If you do decide to "upgrade". Might as well keep the bowflex now for conditioning and isolation....like a cable machine. You've already spent the money and won't reap it back on CL. Then research a power rack and a nice FID with some olympic weights. You'll have a decent setup.

Ivanko Crew #9
    York Barbell Crew #13

josephhkim is on a distinguished road. (+10) josephhkim is on a distinguished road. (+10) josephhkim is on a distinguished road. (+10) josephhkim is on a distinguished road. (+10) josephhkim is on a distinguished road. (+10) josephhkim is on a distinguished road. (+10) josephhkim is on a distinguished road. (+10) josephhkim is on a distinguished road. (+10) josephhkim is on a distinguished road. (+10) josephhkim is on a distinguished road. (+10) josephhkim is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    damn...

i really wish i could have found this website before i bought my bowflex.

i would KILL to get that 2.5 grand back.

that machine has been the most expensive clotheshanger i've ever bought.

mdevinc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Keetman View Post
    If you do decide to "upgrade". Might as well keep the bowflex now for conditioning and isolation....like a cable machine. You've already spent the money and won't reap it back on CL. Then research a power rack and a nice FID with some olympic weights. You'll have a decent setup.
    This is exactly what I am doing right now.

Yes, I have a Bowflex Extreme 2 and yes I bought it before I knew what I know now. It has been my primary method of exercise for the last 3 months though and I have lost 15 pounds and am pretty happy about that.

I am looking to buy some free weights with heavier weight now. The power rack setup would be the perfect addition to the Bowflex. I will use the Bowflex for cable movements as Keetman has stated above.

Mike

ECE is on a distinguished road. (+10) ECE is on a distinguished road. (+10) ECE is on a distinguished road. (+10) ECE is on a distinguished road. (+10) ECE is on a distinguished road. (+10) ECE is on a distinguished road. (+10) ECE is on a distinguished road. (+10) ECE is on a distinguished road. (+10) ECE is on a distinguished road. (+10) ECE is on a distinguished road. (+10) ECE is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    First post here so I thought it would be good to put it in this post.

My wife got a Bowflex. I started using it because it would just stare at me.

The max weight you can put it up to is 410 lbs. I don't know if that is real 410 pounds but in bowflex terms that is it. I've been using it for over a year now and have outgrown it. I max out on squats, military press, and bench. Because I can do the 410 lbs on the bench and military press pretty much settles it that it can't be a real weight. LOL

I combined 1 hour bowflex workouts on specific body parts like I used to in the gym and then 1/2 hour of cardio on a bike.

I lost 70 lbs and have noticably better physique (obviously) and am much stronger.

I went from doing nothing, to being physically fit. Well worth the $600 we spent on it.

I'm now shopping for a power rack to keep going.

Originally Posted by ECE View Post
    First post here so I thought it would be good to put it in this post.

My wife got a Bowflex. I started using it because it would just stare at me.

The max weight you can put it up to is 410 lbs. I don't know if that is real 410 pounds but in bowflex terms that is it. I've been using it for over a year now and have outgrown it. I max out on squats, military press, and bench. Because I can do the 410 lbs on the bench and military press pretty much settles it that it can't be a real weight. LOL

I combined 1 hour bowflex workouts on specific body parts like I used to in the gym and then 1/2 hour of cardio on a bike.

I lost 70 lbs and have noticably better physique (obviously) and am much stronger.

I went from doing nothing, to being physically fit. Well worth the $600 we spent on it.

I'm now shopping for a power rack to keep going.

Before anybody blasts you.....because that's often the response........I wanted to get in here and say this was a reasonable post from a Bowflex owner.

You bought one, you used it, and you've come here and shared your experience. No stupidity, no hating on those of us who don't prefer them and try to call them out for being overpriced. Further, you've noticed you need more and are moving on.

Good for you and congratulations on your gains. I wish you luck on your quest/search for a new rack.

As I've said before.....nothing wrong with keeping the Bowflex for conditioning and cable type exercises.

Good luck.

Ivanko Crew #9
    York Barbell Crew #13

yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    ^^^^^ Agree with Keetman. The Bowflex is fine for what it is. The key is to use it. You did. Also, you were smart and bought used. You may want to keep it around as a rower. I sold my old one and now I miss the rowing.
    []---[] Equipment Crew Member No.19

Proud Owner of an Irish Tan

urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Bowflex

Originally Posted by HardKore79 View Post
    Still kind of new here with posting pics so hopefully this will work, but if you look at my first profile picture back in 2007 you will see what i was able to accomplish with the Bowflex from scratch (Not lifted in over 2 years). The bowflex I bought was around $1,000 and did its job to get me back into a solid routine without taking up a lot of space in my 12x12 room. After a year and a half of solid use when I got my confidence level back, I sold the Bowflex and decided to join up at Gold's Gym. Not trying to defend Bowflex's current machines, I think they are rediculous priced and overhyped, but you can get into decent shape if you use it like you should. But I would agree with everyone in saying you can get better results with cheaper more traditional equipment for home use. I only bought one because it was quick and easy to use and my wife was interested in using it as well. Since then I have upgraded, with cheaper equipment, to a good set of Powerblocks and a decent adjustable weight bench for days I cant make it into the gym.
    Last edited by urbanlifter; 04-12-2011 at 07:57 AM.

Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500)
    When I clicked the link in the OP, I got no results. I don't fully understand the purpose of this thread. OP needs to edit in proper search particulars.
    Originally Posted by ECE View Post
    This doesn't really settle this, no. The thing is, bowflexes don't have a consistant weight like a freeweight does, it is a scaling weight which gets heavier as the pulley is pulled (or pushed) away from the machine. The listed weight is the amount of resistance given at a set distance away from the machine.

So essentially, it'd be closer to lockout, and much less during the 'bottom' part of the movement. We are much stronger in lockout (this is why people do heavy partials, or why we can hold a 1-arm handstand against a wall yet not even do 1 full RoM 2-arm handstand pushup).
    Last edited by Tyciol; 04-25-2009 at 07:38 PM.

I see our boflex troll is back