IronG will become famous soon enough. (+50) IronG will become famous soon enough. (+50) IronG will become famous soon enough. (+50) IronG will become famous soon enough. (+50) IronG will become famous soon enough. (+50) IronG will become famous soon enough. (+50) IronG will become famous soon enough. (+50) IronG will become famous soon enough. (+50) IronG will become famous soon enough. (+50) IronG will become famous soon enough. (+50) IronG will become famous soon enough. (+50)

dextrose and maltodextrin for post-workout shake

Obviously its necessary to mix one of these two types of carbs with your protein for your post-workout shake in order to provide for an insulin spike, but i was wondering exactly what kinds of juice/liquids contain dextrose or maltodextrin? My usual post-workout shake consists of 40-50 grams of whey protein along with about 16 ounces of grape juice (i was under the impression that grape juice was almost pure dextrose, but lately i have been wondering). What do you guys mix use along with whey to make your post-workout shake? And should i ditch the grape juice and just purchase some pure dextrose from the online store? Please help me out with this. Thanks for any help.
    No fiction

Eating his way to success L.L.O.Y.D's Avatar
    L.L.O.Y.D has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) L.L.O.Y.D has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) L.L.O.Y.D has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) L.L.O.Y.D has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) L.L.O.Y.D has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) L.L.O.Y.D has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) L.L.O.Y.D has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) L.L.O.Y.D has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) L.L.O.Y.D has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) L.L.O.Y.D has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) L.L.O.Y.D has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    You can always just buy some maltodextrin off the web. Or go one better and get waxy maize starch for an even quicker absorbtion.

I personally drink my sugars 10 mins before my protein to ensure i get the full benefit.

Lloyd.

IronG will become famous soon enough. (+50) IronG will become famous soon enough. (+50) IronG will become famous soon enough. (+50) IronG will become famous soon enough. (+50) IronG will become famous soon enough. (+50) IronG will become famous soon enough. (+50) IronG will become famous soon enough. (+50) IronG will become famous soon enough. (+50) IronG will become famous soon enough. (+50) IronG will become famous soon enough. (+50) IronG will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    yeah i heard that with waxy maize you had to consume it at least 10 minutes before you consumed your protein....apparently you are not supposed to mix it with your protein....but this makes me wonder about all these recovery supps that have the waxy maize mixed in there with the protein and other stuff (supplements like Universal torrent and optimum nutrition 2-1-1 recovery).
    No fiction

LactoseTolerant is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LactoseTolerant is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LactoseTolerant is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LactoseTolerant is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LactoseTolerant is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LactoseTolerant is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LactoseTolerant is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LactoseTolerant is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LactoseTolerant is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LactoseTolerant is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LactoseTolerant is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

wow thanks for your help there, lactose....have you ever considered that i might have already asked this question in the main supp forum and wasn't exactly satisfied?....but thanks anyway, smartass.
    No fiction

keels141 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) keels141 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) keels141 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) keels141 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) keels141 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) keels141 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) keels141 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) keels141 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) keels141 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) keels141 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) keels141 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Dextrose and maltodextrin are basically expensive sugars. Studies have shown that the 'insulin spike' that is considered so vital can be achieved by less than 20 grams of any type of carbs, and BCAAs and other proteins also produce insulin levels that are near the amount that carbs can produce.

If you have had a decent sized meal before training and you train for less than a few hours, then your body is probably still digesting this previous meal, meaning that your insuling levels are still elevated from this previous meal. Insulin levels only need to be slightly elevated above fasting levels to be effective, and any meal with more than about 60g carbs and 30g protein is enough for insulin levels to be elevated for hours afterwards.

Bottom line: insulin spike isn't required after weight training. Read the pre and postworkout sticky in the nutrition section for more info.
    ***Trapped on prison island crew***

thanks for the info, keels....i appreciate it
    No fiction