Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    woodensoldiers has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

IsoFlex Prices are INSANE now! [Canadians]

I've been taking Allmax IsoFlex for almost 3 years now. I have noticed the prices have been increasing everytime I need to order more. It's got to the point where I have had to cut back on my servings. I live in Toronto, Canada. Typically, I buy my supplements from either Popeyes or supplements canada. Every season, supplements canada issues a flyer with their featured items and deals. And everytime, I look at the flyer ISOFLEX has increased in price by almost 10 bucks.

When I first started taking IsoFlex, it cost me 69.99 for a 5lb Tub. Then a couple years ago they started offering a 6lb BONUS Limited Time tub for 79.99. Now typically, when a product says BONUS it should mean more for the same price. Charging more is not a bonus! But whatever, a 1lb more of protein for 10 bucks... not a problem.

So I went into Popeyes and asked them about the prices and some stupid kid was like "I don't know what your talking about... IsoFlex has always been 99.99. its msrp is 130."

So anyways, in this season's flyer, supplements canadais charging 99.99 for a 6lb tub and they put a little flag on it that says "save $49" and they still have some stupid banner that says "BONUS - EXCLUSIVE SIZE". ARGH!! I'm not cheap. But paying 100 bucks for a tub of protein seems completely insane to me. I can't wait to see what the price goes up to in Spring Season.

Anyways, screw Popeyes Supplements and supplements canada. They are theives. Is their anywhere else I can order IsoFlex that will ship to Toronto, Canada?

Iron.Addict is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Iron.Addict is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Iron.Addict is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Iron.Addict is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Iron.Addict is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Iron.Addict is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Iron.Addict is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Iron.Addict is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Iron.Addict is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Iron.Addict is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Iron.Addict is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by woodensoldiers View Post
    I've been taking Allmax IsoFlex for almost 3 years now. I have noticed the prices have been increasing everytime I need to order more. It's got to the point where I have had to cut back on my servings. I live in Toronto, Canada. Typically, I buy my supplements from either Popeyes or supplements canada. Every season, supplements canada issues a flyer with their featured items and deals. And everytime, I look at the flyer ISOFLEX has increased in price by almost 10 bucks.

When I first started taking IsoFlex, it cost me 69.99 for a 5lb Tub. Then a couple years ago they started offering a 6lb BONUS Limited Time tub for 79.99. Now typically, when a product says BONUS it should mean more for the same price. Charging more is not a bonus! But whatever, a 1lb more of protein for 10 bucks... not a problem.

So I went into Popeyes and asked them about the prices and some stupid kid was like "I don't know what your talking about... IsoFlex has always been 99.99. its msrp is 130."

So anyways, in this season's flyer, supplements canadais charging 99.99 for a 6lb tub and they put a little flag on it that says "save $49" and they still have some stupid banner that says "BONUS - EXCLUSIVE SIZE". ARGH!! I'm not cheap. But paying 100 bucks for a tub of protein seems completely insane to me. I can't wait to see what the price goes up to in Spring Season.

Anyways, screw Popeyes Supplements and supplements canada. They are theives. Is their anywhere else I can order IsoFlex that will ship to Toronto, Canada?
    There are many locations across Canada that will ship to your door. Unfortunately, most proteins have taken a large price increase in the past month or two.

djchrono is on a distinguished road. (+10) djchrono is on a distinguished road. (+10) djchrono is on a distinguished road. (+10) djchrono is on a distinguished road. (+10) djchrono is on a distinguished road. (+10) djchrono is on a distinguished road. (+10) djchrono is on a distinguished road. (+10) djchrono is on a distinguished road. (+10) djchrono is on a distinguished road. (+10) djchrono is on a distinguished road. (+10) djchrono is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Just buy from bb.com. I live around toronto too, it's cheaper ordering off this site, paying for shipping and US exchange. Not sure if they have the brand you usually buy, but check or look into another brand.
    Current Stack: AOR Ortho-Core / NOW Ultra Omega-3 / Kaizen Whey Isolate / AST Creatine Mono / Xtend

Iron.Addict is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Iron.Addict is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Iron.Addict is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Iron.Addict is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Iron.Addict is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Iron.Addict is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Iron.Addict is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Iron.Addict is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Iron.Addict is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Iron.Addict is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Iron.Addict is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by djchrono View Post
    Just buy from bb.com. I live around toronto too, it's cheaper ordering off this site, paying for shipping and US exchange. Not sure if they have the brand you usually buy, but check or look into another brand.
    The product he is referring to actually comes out to be more expensive from bb.com with the shipping to Canada.

djchrono is on a distinguished road. (+10) djchrono is on a distinguished road. (+10) djchrono is on a distinguished road. (+10) djchrono is on a distinguished road. (+10) djchrono is on a distinguished road. (+10) djchrono is on a distinguished road. (+10) djchrono is on a distinguished road. (+10) djchrono is on a distinguished road. (+10) djchrono is on a distinguished road. (+10) djchrono is on a distinguished road. (+10) djchrono is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Iron.Addict View Post
    The product he is referring to actually comes out to be more expensive from bb.com with the shipping to Canada.
    Ahh you're right. Sorry, didn't really check into it. But that does seem like a fairly high priced protein in the first place. Maybe it's time to look into another brand.
    Current Stack: AOR Ortho-Core / NOW Ultra Omega-3 / Kaizen Whey Isolate / AST Creatine Mono / Xtend

Originally Posted by djchrono View Post
    Ahh you're right. Sorry, didn't really check into it. But that does seem like a fairly high priced protein in the first place. Maybe it's time to look into another brand.
    Isoflex is a Whey Protein Isolate which will always be more expensive compared to a WPC, MC or a blended protein.

Isoflex is a Whey Protein Isolate which will always be more expensive compared to a WPC, MC or a blended protein.
    True.

Just usually I find that supplements are priced higher around here and it is generally cheaper to order off of this site. It does depend on the exact item of course. But pricing it out, BB.com would be cheaper for isoflex (using 10% off coupon, including shipping and exchange) than buying it in Popeyes and paying canadian taxes, by about $8.00. In this case though, Popeyes is offering a special 6lb tub instead of the usual 5lb. So, this seems to be an exception.

Vandal24 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Vandal24 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Vandal24 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Vandal24 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Vandal24 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Vandal24 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Vandal24 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Vandal24 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Vandal24 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Vandal24 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Vandal24 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Protein in Canada is expensive, the end. It sucks. If aren't lactose intolerant I would say switch to a regular protein or blend like Gold Standard. You wont notice a huge difference between them... except the price.

Originally Posted by Vandal24 View Post
    Protein in Canada is expensive, the end. It sucks. If aren't lactose intolerant I would say switch to a regular protein or blend like Gold Standard. You wont notice a huge difference between them... except the price.
    100% Whey Gold Standard has taken a nice price hike also in the past few months.

Vandal24 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Vandal24 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Vandal24 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Vandal24 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Vandal24 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Vandal24 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Vandal24 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Vandal24 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Vandal24 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Vandal24 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Vandal24 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Everything has though. If you aren't picky about mixing up flavours the 10lb bags of it are still the best deal, I think.

Originally Posted by Vandal24 View Post
    Everything has though. If you aren't picky about mixing up flavours the 10lb bags of it are still the best deal, I think.
    The PVL, Ultimate Nutrition and Dymatize 10 pounders are all cheaper then of the ON product, it just comes down to the users preferred brand/product.

V08 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

where?

Where in Canada can you get the 10pound bags? I mean besides online

woodensoldiers has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I've been reviewing a few supplement stores and it appears that IsoFlex has increased in price amongst all of them. That said, I might actually have to consider switching to another product. It's a shame because I have tried other Isolates and this product has shown the most effective results.

Originally Posted by V08 View Post
    GNC, local brick and mortar stores.

martymcfly is a jewel in the rough. (+500) martymcfly is a jewel in the rough. (+500) martymcfly is a jewel in the rough. (+500) martymcfly is a jewel in the rough. (+500) martymcfly is a jewel in the rough. (+500) martymcfly is a jewel in the rough. (+500) martymcfly is a jewel in the rough. (+500) martymcfly is a jewel in the rough. (+500) martymcfly is a jewel in the rough. (+500) martymcfly is a jewel in the rough. (+500) martymcfly is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by V08 View Post
    I hope you're not talking about isoflex, because we don't have a 10 lbs bag
    yes, all prices have taken a hike, it REALLY sucks. Its not just isoflex. optimum almost everywhere has gone from 59.99 to at least 69.99. the cost (managing a supp store) keeps getting more and more aggrevating because prices keep going up from the suppliers.
    Certified Personal Trainer
    Certified Precision Nutritionist
    Always be learning.
    Knowledge < Intelligence < Wisdom

Mitch339 is just really nice. (+1000) Mitch339 is just really nice. (+1000) Mitch339 is just really nice. (+1000) Mitch339 is just really nice. (+1000) Mitch339 is just really nice. (+1000) Mitch339 is just really nice. (+1000) Mitch339 is just really nice. (+1000) Mitch339 is just really nice. (+1000) Mitch339 is just really nice. (+1000) Mitch339 is just really nice. (+1000) Mitch339 is just really nice. (+1000)
    yep, i was going to post a thread on this the other day..70$ for ON gold standard, and I was looking into isoflex, but the price is too ridiculous.

A buddy of mine who works at GNC told me its because the price of the whey itself from overseas went up this year, but who knows.

Originally Posted by martymcfly View Post
    I hope you're not talking about isoflex, because we don't have a 10 lbs bag
    yes, all prices have taken a hike, it REALLY sucks. Its not just isoflex. optimum almost everywhere has gone from 59.99 to at least 69.99. the cost (managing a supp store) keeps getting more and more aggrevating because prices keep going up from the suppliers.
    10lbs of Isoflex would be nice though.

bongd is a name known to all. (+5000) bongd is a name known to all. (+5000) bongd is a name known to all. (+5000) bongd is a name known to all. (+5000) bongd is a name known to all. (+5000) bongd is a name known to all. (+5000) bongd is a name known to all. (+5000) bongd is a name known to all. (+5000) bongd is a name known to all. (+5000) bongd is a name known to all. (+5000) bongd is a name known to all. (+5000)
    It is pretty brutal. I work part time at my buddy's supplement store and I don't think I'll be opening up a store anytime soon. Right when business began getting good there were so many price hikes from the suppliers. Cytosport, VPX, ON, everything is going through the roof. It blows.

Even buying at cost I'm hardly able to afford protein now. I just picked up the first whey protein complex for the first time in a loonnnng while. I usually have a blend for during the day and an isolate for after my workouts, but I can't even afford a tub of ISO at store cost. This is getting ridiculous. Time to start eating more ground beef and eggs.

STomlinson23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I've been reviewing a few supplement stores and it appears that IsoFlex has increased in price amongst all of them. That said, I might actually have to consider switching to another product. It's a shame because I have tried other Isolates and this product has shown the most effective results.
    yah man, same here, used Isoflex for almost a year, loved the stuff but i am in college, needed to save that $30 a tub for food, i switched over to ON and i love it, taste isn't as great as isoflex but nothing is, results seem to be the same tho, i'd shop around bro

partsRheavy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) partsRheavy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) partsRheavy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) partsRheavy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) partsRheavy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) partsRheavy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) partsRheavy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) partsRheavy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) partsRheavy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) partsRheavy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) partsRheavy has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    This baffles me. The economy is in a recession, gas prices are down, mall stores are selling at deep discounts, auto financing can be had for zero percent if your credit is good, but protein prices are up in the past couple of months??

I knew about the price increases last summer, but they were sort of understandable because fuel was way up too and the recession wasn't so strong.

It seems like really bad business practice to raise protein prices now with cash pretty tight for a lot of customers. Agricultural input costs for producing whey should be a bit less now with gas and diesel being less.
    investigating mechanics of pulleys, levers, and mass.

dmbphan041 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dmbphan041 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dmbphan041 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dmbphan041 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dmbphan041 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dmbphan041 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dmbphan041 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dmbphan041 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dmbphan041 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dmbphan041 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dmbphan041 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Adam

FUSION - BODYBUILDING'S STRONGEST SUPPLEMENTS
    www.fusionbodybuilding.com

My SUB Q Log
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=288603911#post288603911

NPLabs Lean-Resuce Log
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=324662591&posted=1#post324662591

Goal (one day) : 200lb @ 10%BF

Death Head is not very well liked. (-100) Death Head is not very well liked. (-100) Death Head is not very well liked. (-100) Death Head is not very well liked. (-100) Death Head is not very well liked. (-100) Death Head is not very well liked. (-100) Death Head is not very well liked. (-100) Death Head is not very well liked. (-100) Death Head is not very well liked. (-100) Death Head is not very well liked. (-100) Death Head is not very well liked. (-100)
    u can get 5lbs of isoflex fro $85 online. get isokool its cheaper and i like the taste better. im kinda disappointed with pbc isoflex. these prices are ridiculous though. jsut go to costco for your whey 5lbs for $30

AchillesXL is just really nice. (+1000) AchillesXL is just really nice. (+1000) AchillesXL is just really nice. (+1000) AchillesXL is just really nice. (+1000) AchillesXL is just really nice. (+1000) AchillesXL is just really nice. (+1000) AchillesXL is just really nice. (+1000) AchillesXL is just really nice. (+1000) AchillesXL is just really nice. (+1000) AchillesXL is just really nice. (+1000) AchillesXL is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by partsRheavy View Post
    This baffles me. The economy is in a recession, gas prices are down, mall stores are selling at deep discounts, auto financing can be had for zero percent if your credit is good, but protein prices are up in the past couple of months??

I knew about the price increases last summer, but they were sort of understandable because fuel was way up too and the recession wasn't so strong.

It seems like really bad business practice to raise protein prices now with cash pretty tight for a lot of customers. Agricultural input costs for producing whey should be a bit less now with gas and diesel being less.
    since we are only in a mild recession, a majority of people's pockets are not that tight. Yes for some, this recession may be causing problems (especially regarding employment and market confidence) however your relationship between fuel prices and goods prices (such as whey) is incorrect.
    The product of oil and fuels are a completely different market with different supply and demand, and the goods market (for example the whey market) has its own supply and demand.
    Yes its true that the prices of oil/fuel do affect consumer confidence and choices (along with firms), but to say it is the reason for the increase price of Whey is misleading.

Ultimately the price of Whey should be going up for the most part here in Canada because the supply of Whey is going down.
    Companies are producing less, or shipping out less because they are less confident consumers will purchase (they fear people will be holding more on to their money), or they are operating at some type of deficit.
    With out going into other factors such as monetary and fiscal policy -- and the exchange rate (in particular for Whey coming into Canada from the USA),
    we should expect these higher prices in Whey for awhile.

Originally Posted by Death Head View Post
    u can get 5lbs of isoflex fro $85 online. get isokool its cheaper and i like the taste better. im kinda disappointed with pbc isoflex. these prices are ridiculous though. jsut go to costco for your whey 5lbs for $30
    You are correct that the Isoflex price has gone up but you can't compare a high quality WPI to that of a cheaper, mass market protein found at costco. No disrespect at all.

Death Head is not very well liked. (-100) Death Head is not very well liked. (-100) Death Head is not very well liked. (-100) Death Head is not very well liked. (-100) Death Head is not very well liked. (-100) Death Head is not very well liked. (-100) Death Head is not very well liked. (-100) Death Head is not very well liked. (-100) Death Head is not very well liked. (-100) Death Head is not very well liked. (-100) Death Head is not very well liked. (-100)
    You are correct that the Isoflex price has gone up but you can't compare a high quality WPI to that of a cheaper, mass market protein found at costco. No disrespect at all.
    im not really comparing the 2 because isoflex is top of the line. but i did get about 5lbs pure iso for $35 at costco which is quite similar and way less money.

martymcfly is a jewel in the rough. (+500) martymcfly is a jewel in the rough. (+500) martymcfly is a jewel in the rough. (+500) martymcfly is a jewel in the rough. (+500) martymcfly is a jewel in the rough. (+500) martymcfly is a jewel in the rough. (+500) martymcfly is a jewel in the rough. (+500) martymcfly is a jewel in the rough. (+500) martymcfly is a jewel in the rough. (+500) martymcfly is a jewel in the rough. (+500) martymcfly is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Death Head View Post
    im not really comparing the 2 because isoflex is top of the line. but i did get about 5lbs pure iso for $35 at costco which is quite similar and way less money.
    not to bash the quality, but is it a reputable company? and not only that, but does it use the same filtration processes?
    Always be learning.

badera has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) badera has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) badera has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) badera has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) badera has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) badera has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) badera has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    supplements canada and popeyes are the same company. look for a local drug store or nutrition store.... we have a few here that are WAY cheaper than popeyes.
    watch the exchange rate. bb.com store is awesome and reliable, its the us exchange that hurts (sometimes)
    xoxo sr

"For me life is continuously being hungry. The meaning of life is not simply to exist, to survive, but to move ahead, to go up, to achieve, to conquer."
    -- Arnold

LIVE, LAUGH, LOVE, LIFT

javin86 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) javin86 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) javin86 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) javin86 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) javin86 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) javin86 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) javin86 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) javin86 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) javin86 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) javin86 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) javin86 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I get my stuff from a brick and mortar store that has 5lbs of protein for 39.99. the protein changes every month, and is usually some kind of blend, but it?s always worth the money. Im considering ordering the recession special from tru protein. you cant beat those prices.

j-trupaz will become famous soon enough. (+50) j-trupaz will become famous soon enough. (+50) j-trupaz will become famous soon enough. (+50) j-trupaz will become famous soon enough. (+50) j-trupaz will become famous soon enough. (+50) j-trupaz will become famous soon enough. (+50) j-trupaz will become famous soon enough. (+50) j-trupaz will become famous soon enough. (+50) j-trupaz will become famous soon enough. (+50) j-trupaz will become famous soon enough. (+50) j-trupaz will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    ask for clearance ( best before date protein)

i got 8lbs of protein for $40.

cookies and cream flavor too! and that's tax included from popeyes!!!
    Password finally recovered. No more mleeban_

Originally Posted by badera View Post
    supplements canada and popeyes are the same company. look for a local drug store or nutrition store.... we have a few here that are WAY cheaper than popeyes.
    watch the exchange rate. bb.com store is awesome and reliable, its the us exchange that hurts (sometimes)
    they also are snd now too. they bought it roughly a year ago.
    Always be learning.