Registered User chevyforlife502's Avatar
    chevyforlife502 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chevyforlife502 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chevyforlife502 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chevyforlife502 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chevyforlife502 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chevyforlife502 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chevyforlife502 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chevyforlife502 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chevyforlife502 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chevyforlife502 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chevyforlife502 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Back and legs on the same day

Is this a good or bad idea
    "Everybody wanna be a bodybuilder but dont nobody wanna lift no heavy ass weights" Ronnie Colemen

LucasB18 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LucasB18 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LucasB18 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LucasB18 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I wouldent do it. Your back and your Legs contain the largest amount of muscles in your body. They deserve the most time and attention, give them seperate days.

patricio2626 will become famous soon enough. (+50) patricio2626 will become famous soon enough. (+50) patricio2626 will become famous soon enough. (+50) patricio2626 will become famous soon enough. (+50) patricio2626 will become famous soon enough. (+50) patricio2626 will become famous soon enough. (+50) patricio2626 will become famous soon enough. (+50) patricio2626 will become famous soon enough. (+50) patricio2626 will become famous soon enough. (+50) patricio2626 will become famous soon enough. (+50) patricio2626 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by chevyforlife502 View Post
    My workouts are pretty heavy in regards to major muscle groups:

upper body, rest day, lower body, rest day, upper body, rest day, lower body, rest day.... this allows my nervous system to rest a day between sessions. In short, I don't see anything wrong with it, as long as you aren't bombarding the rest of your body the day after, although many people prefer fancy splits.
    'With great moustache comes great responsibility!'
    -Peter Griffin

My workout journal:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=113117241&highlight=patricio2626%27s

Heavy_Beats has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Heavy_Beats has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Heavy_Beats has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Heavy_Beats has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Heavy_Beats has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Heavy_Beats has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Heavy_Beats has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Heavy_Beats has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Heavy_Beats has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Heavy_Beats has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Heavy_Beats has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Good.

Bill starr 5x5 is a good example.
    Last edited by Heavy_Beats; 12-30-2008 at 04:00 PM.

Registered User Industrialfreak's Avatar
    Industrialfreak will become famous soon enough. (+50) Industrialfreak will become famous soon enough. (+50) Industrialfreak will become famous soon enough. (+50) Industrialfreak will become famous soon enough. (+50) Industrialfreak will become famous soon enough. (+50) Industrialfreak will become famous soon enough. (+50) Industrialfreak will become famous soon enough. (+50) Industrialfreak will become famous soon enough. (+50) Industrialfreak will become famous soon enough. (+50) Industrialfreak will become famous soon enough. (+50) Industrialfreak will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I use to do a lot of split training upper body then next day lower etc... not exactly back and legs but what I can say from training legs is that I go all out and leave nothing left at the end of them and if thats how you train intense and full power then you shouldnt have enough left in you to hit back afterwards, now if your saying you train legs morning and back evening or vice verse then my only suggestion is to make sure you take in a rediculous amount of calories to flood your muscles with nutritions cause legs take more then any other muscle to recover cause they are the biggest group. I dont know if you have read much by Mike Mentzer but he makes a very good point with his short workout scheme the idea behind getting the work done an over with is so you have more time to recover your body only holds so much reserves when it comes to nutrtients and if your using two huge muscle groups in one day then more then likely you are spreading those reserves to thin and taking one step forward and two steps back. Best of luckw ith your training and hope this helped some train hard and stay focus'd
    "F*ck the beach muscles, bring on the freak muscles"

patricio2626 will become famous soon enough. (+50) patricio2626 will become famous soon enough. (+50) patricio2626 will become famous soon enough. (+50) patricio2626 will become famous soon enough. (+50) patricio2626 will become famous soon enough. (+50) patricio2626 will become famous soon enough. (+50) patricio2626 will become famous soon enough. (+50) patricio2626 will become famous soon enough. (+50) patricio2626 will become famous soon enough. (+50) patricio2626 will become famous soon enough. (+50) patricio2626 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    As you can see from the varying responses, exercise science is not an exact science; a lot of things work for a lot of different people. Variety is good, as it is the spice of life and allows us to break through plateaus, so there is no one real 'perfect' routine. Take everything everyone ever says to you with a grain of salt and question everything, but always be bouncing ideas off of intelligent, informed, knowledgeable people, and always be listening and receptive to ideas.
    -Peter Griffin

My workout journal:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=113117241&highlight=patricio2626%27s

GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    It can be done, but it will depend on what kind of exercises you do and the volume you use. If you do fifteen sets of heavy leg work and another twelve to fifteen sets of back work, that's WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY too much. If, however, you limit the leg work to squats for four or five heavy sets plus an auxiliary exercise for two sets, and then do the same thing for back (one major exercise and one auxiliary) you should be okay. I'd just suggest you start out slow and work up slowly in weight and reps, and give yourself at least one day off after that kind of workout.
    "Don't call me Miss Kitty. Just...don't."--Catnip. Check out the Catnip Trilogy on Amazon.com

"Chivalry isn't dead. It just wears a skirt."--Twisted, the YA gender bender deal of the century!

Check out my links to Mr. Taxi, Star Maps, and other fine YA Action/Romance novels at http://www.amazon.com/J.S.-Frankel/e/B004XUUTB8/ref=dp_byline_cont_ebooks_1

Originally Posted by Industrialfreak View Post
    I use to do a lot of split training upper body then next day lower etc... not exactly back and legs but what I can say from training legs is that I go all out and leave nothing left at the end of them and if thats how you train intense and full power then you shouldnt have enough left in you to hit back afterwards, now if your saying you train legs morning and back evening or vice verse then my only suggestion is to make sure you take in a rediculous amount of calories to flood your muscles with nutritions cause legs take more then any other muscle to recover cause they are the biggest group. I dont know if you have read much by Mike Mentzer but he makes a very good point with his short workout scheme the idea behind getting the work done an over with is so you have more time to recover your body only holds so much reserves when it comes to nutrtients and if your using two huge muscle groups in one day then more then likely you are spreading those reserves to thin and taking one step forward and two steps back. Best of luckw ith your training and hope this helped some train hard and stay focus'd
    Amen, Heavy Duty is king, although I think Mentzer was a little extreme myself.
    -Peter Griffin

My workout journal:

Registered User Industrialfreak's Avatar
    Industrialfreak will become famous soon enough. (+50) Industrialfreak will become famous soon enough. (+50) Industrialfreak will become famous soon enough. (+50) Industrialfreak will become famous soon enough. (+50) Industrialfreak will become famous soon enough. (+50) Industrialfreak will become famous soon enough. (+50) Industrialfreak will become famous soon enough. (+50) Industrialfreak will become famous soon enough. (+50) Industrialfreak will become famous soon enough. (+50) Industrialfreak will become famous soon enough. (+50) Industrialfreak will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    yea the dude was a extremist but thats what made him what he was and there is nothing wrong with that. On that note there will never be another person that will ever train exactly like him and benefit as well as he did but I must thank him for paving the way.
    "F*ck the beach muscles, bring on the freak muscles"

On that note there will never be another person that will ever train exactly like him and benefit as well as he did but I must thank him for paving the way.
    Very true! Otherwise we would still be worshipping Arnold's 100-set routines and wondering why we're not progressing. Hmmm, maybe I just need to up the volume to 105 sets...
    -Peter Griffin

My workout journal:

Rom73 is not very well liked. (-100) Rom73 is not very well liked. (-100) Rom73 is not very well liked. (-100) Rom73 is not very well liked. (-100) Rom73 is not very well liked. (-100) Rom73 is not very well liked. (-100) Rom73 is not very well liked. (-100) Rom73 is not very well liked. (-100) Rom73 is not very well liked. (-100) Rom73 is not very well liked. (-100) Rom73 is not very well liked. (-100)
    It can be done
    RO

No help for this one.... Squid24's Avatar
    Squid24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Squid24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Squid24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Squid24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Squid24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Squid24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Squid24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Squid24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Squid24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Squid24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Squid24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Rom73 View Post
    It can be done
    10 yr old thread, pretty sure it was discussed and answered back then...nice try tho...lol
    My Log - https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=170367151&page=78

"Muff divers local #69.....no muff too tough....we dive at five"