Kingpin1066 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question Whats the benefits to intermittent fasting

intermittent fasting does it work and how should it be done ???

mpipes will become famous soon enough. (+50) mpipes will become famous soon enough. (+50) mpipes will become famous soon enough. (+50) mpipes will become famous soon enough. (+50) mpipes will become famous soon enough. (+50) mpipes will become famous soon enough. (+50) mpipes will become famous soon enough. (+50) mpipes will become famous soon enough. (+50) mpipes will become famous soon enough. (+50) mpipes will become famous soon enough. (+50) mpipes will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Intermittent fasting is just a different eating schedule that may fit some people's lifestyles better than others. It's not a diet itself, it won't make you magically lose fat if you're not already losing any.

"Does it work?" - Well, if you regularly only eat a couple times per day and usually within a short time frame, then yeah, an IF schedule would fit your lifestyle easily. Combine it with a good diet and you'll lose fat, but you'd lose fat with a good diet even without intermittent fasting.

Originally Posted by mpipes View Post
    Intermittent fasting is just a different eating schedule that may fit some people's lifestyles better than others. It's not a diet itself, it won't make you magically lose fat if you're not already losing any.

"Does it work?" - Well, if you regularly only eat a couple times per day and usually within a short time frame, then yeah, an IF schedule would fit your lifestyle easily. Combine it with a good diet and you'll lose fat, but you'd lose fat with a good diet even without intermittent fasting.
    Thanks great feedback (repped)
    I have my diet all planned but to mix things out I ws thinking of do Intermittent fasting on 2 of the 7 days, does this sound like a good I dear. and how does Intermittent fasting work???

cmw045 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Day 2...

Originally Posted by Kingpin1066 View Post
    I have my diet all planned but to mix things out I ws thinking of do Intermittent fasting on 2 of the 7 days, does this sound like a good I dear. and how does Intermittent fasting work???
    I have done IF and there are two things that I would warn you about. 1) Make sure that you adjust your diet for your recovery day or Day 3. You will probably be hungry on day one but not very hungry on day 2 (if you are water fasting). The tendency is to overeat on Day 3, which will take away from any caloric loss you may have created. There is also a tendency to jump right back into eating solid foods. You need to make sure that your first couple of meals are easily adjustable so that your now quiet digestive system gets a chance to wake up. Also, make sure that you don't drink before your first recovery meal (unless your first recovery meal is watered down fruit or vegetable juice). You don't want to water down the digestive juices in your stomach.
    2) Have you decided whether or not you are water fasting or juice fasting? If you are water fasting you will feel incredibly weak on Day 2 and I would not recommend you do nothing in the way of exercising. If you are juice fasting, exercising is okay, but beware of the number of calories you are consuming.

Best of luck!

mpipes will become famous soon enough. (+50) mpipes will become famous soon enough. (+50) mpipes will become famous soon enough. (+50) mpipes will become famous soon enough. (+50) mpipes will become famous soon enough. (+50) mpipes will become famous soon enough. (+50) mpipes will become famous soon enough. (+50) mpipes will become famous soon enough. (+50) mpipes will become famous soon enough. (+50) mpipes will become famous soon enough. (+50) mpipes will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Kingpin1066 View Post
    check out leangains.com for some info on it, but basically you just fast for a set amount of time out of the day then you get your meals around your training time. One common setup is a standard intermittent fast with a 16 hour fasting period and then 8 hours when you get all your meals in. This is the one I do and it's an easy setup. I start fasting at 10pm, which is close to bedtime, basically sleep through the first 8 hours of the fast, and don't eat the first meal of the day til 2pm. 2pm-10pm is my 8 hour feeding window. There's another version called the Warrior Diet, lots of threads here about it, where people eat just one large meal every day around their training time.

If you're going to try intermittent fasting you should just go whole hog and do it every day. Changing your feeding schedule this drastically day to day is going to make any diet tough to stick with. Your body *really* likes having somewhat of a regular feeding schedule. Whether you eat one meal every day or 6 meals, eating them at fairly consistent times will basically teach your body to expect food at those times and only at those times, which means you'll tend not to get too hungry when it's not a feeding time.

Thanks for feedback...

Horns3 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Horns3 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Horns3 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Horns3 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Horns3 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Horns3 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Horns3 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Horns3 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Horns3 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Horns3 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Horns3 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Just eat three meals a day and you'll get the same results. Most people "fast" around twelve hours in a 24 hour period anyway, don't think another couple more hours makes that big a difference if any at all.
    Not serious.

dilly has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by Horns3 View Post
    Just eat three meals a day and you'll get the same results. Most people "fast" around twelve hours in a 24 hour period anyway, don't think another couple more hours makes that big a difference if any at all.
    Actually going from 12 hours to 16 hours for males anyway, there is a huge difference.
    " Never eat more then you can lift" - Miss piggy
    " If at first you don't succed, find out if the loser gets anything" - Bill Lyon