Page 76 of 280 FirstFirst ... 26 66 74 75 76 77 78 86 126 176 ... LastLast
Results 2,251 to 2,280 of 8390
    cosmo123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) cosmo123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) cosmo123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) cosmo123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) cosmo123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) cosmo123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) cosmo123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) cosmo123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) cosmo123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) cosmo123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) cosmo123 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Back after being swept away

I just want to put this out there somewhere!!!! I am a drunk.
    I have been struggling with my habit/addiction since I have joined this site and long before that even. Approx 4 months ago I had gone the longest I ever had before without beer. I went 99 days. I was so looking forward to hitting day 100 I thought I had it licked.
    I was sent out of town for work with someone I hardly knew and as soon as we had down time he suggested hanging out at a bar, I was uncomfortable, I caved in and the rest is history.
    I was soon back into my weekly Bingefests, blackouts and lost all I had worked so hard for.

I was making awesome gains in the gym, I could see outlines of my abs!!! They were there!
    I felt great mentally...everything seemed so much better, it was better.

It didnt take long to piss it all away.
    I just want to quit and am reaching out to all support groups [I] can find.
    Istill manage to get to the gym 5 days a week but 2 day binges surely wash away any gains I make. Why do I even bother.

I have been struggling with quitting for so long, I really just want it out of my life.

I have read alot of your posts and found them very inspiring.
    I dont know where Im going with this now, I just dont want to drink anymore. I am too old for this S***!!!

Twineagles has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Twineagles has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Twineagles has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Twineagles has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Twineagles has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Twineagles has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Twineagles has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Twineagles has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Twineagles has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Twineagles has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Twineagles has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by cosmo123 View Post
    I have been struggling with my habit/addiction since I have joined this site and long before that even. Approx 4 months ago I had gone the longest I ever had before without beer. I went 99 days. I was so looking forward to hitting day 100 I thought I had it licked.
    I was sent out of town for work with someone I hardly knew and as soon as we had down time he suggested hanging out at a bar, I was uncomfortable, I caved in and the rest is history.
    I was soon back into my weekly Bingefests, blackouts and lost all I had worked so hard for.

I was making awesome gains in the gym, I could see outlines of my abs!!! They were there!

Istill manage to get to the gym 5 days a week but 2 day binges surely wash away any gains I make. Why do I even bother.

I have been struggling with quitting for so long, I really just want it out of my life.

I dont know where Im going with this now, I just dont want to drink anymore. I am too old for this S***!!!
    The gym will come back if you go back to the program. If you don't go back to the program, the gym will not come back. The gym will help you stay with the program. We have all been where you are right now at one time or another. We have all stumbled and the program forgives and welcomes us back. You can do this. All of us here are testimony to the power of the program. Good luck.

thomashenry has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thomashenry has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thomashenry has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thomashenry has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thomashenry has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thomashenry has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thomashenry has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thomashenry has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thomashenry has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thomashenry has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thomashenry has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

The Only requirement for membership is a "DESIRE' to STOP drinking, ONE DAY AT A TIME not a LONG TIME one day at at a time-------& no your not too old, your a drunk, & age has nothing to with the disease nor does reason or excuses, if you wanna to get sober congrats, now the tricky part "staying sober" YOUR CHOICE, your responsibility GO TO A F ING MEETING AND DON`T & DRINK BEFOREHAND, THEN GET SOMEONE TO TALK WITH and have Coffee and GET Phone #s and another and another Etc Etc, Simple !
    John 4:20

Romans 12 :2

Ephesiens 6:13

"The Lord is my rock,my fortress and my deliverer, my God is my rock, in whom shall I take refuge"

Twineagles has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Twineagles has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Twineagles has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Twineagles has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Twineagles has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Twineagles has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Twineagles has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Twineagles has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Twineagles has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Twineagles has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Twineagles has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    That is great advice. When we first entered the program, the thought of staying clean and sober forever was overwhelming. The booze or our drug of choice was our best friend; losing our friend forever brings on a pain we don't want to face. When the desire to use begins to overwhelm me, I say to myself "I am just going to be clean today; I might use tomorrow but I'm not going to use today." That gets me over the hump and when tomorrow comes, I think "well I'm not going to use today, maybe I'll use next week."

GreenWave1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreenWave1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreenWave1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreenWave1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreenWave1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreenWave1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreenWave1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreenWave1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreenWave1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreenWave1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreenWave1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

You did great getting to 99 days. That took discipline and dedication. That said, you blew it. So start over. Start now. Today. Start by going to a meeting. Find one. Go. Today. And tomorrow. And everyday that you need to. Also go back to the gym. It will help with the stress.

Good luck. You CAN do this. It is possible.

Be strong. Stay strong.
    Jesus is my lifting partner.

righter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) righter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) righter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) righter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) righter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) righter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) righter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) righter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) righter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) righter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) righter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

For many alkies, the problem isn't quitting; the problem is staying stopped. Many of us quit many times but could not stay stopped, even though to drink again meant the return of chaos and misery and degradation.

Get yourself to a meeting. Get humble and ask the group for help. Tell them you need a list of men's phone numbers. Call those numbers. This takes effort. You have to want it badly enough to be willing to do things that ordinarily you might feel too proud to do. Call people every day. Make plans to meet these guys at meetings and get a pamphlet on sponsorship. Get a Big Book. Start reading it. That's what I did, and I'm still sober.

mickyb55 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mickyb55 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mickyb55 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mickyb55 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mickyb55 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mickyb55 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mickyb55 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mickyb55 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mickyb55 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mickyb55 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mickyb55 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    hi all -

Happy New Year! It has been quite awhile since I've posted but I remain clean and sober. It has been a hell of a few months. My high school football team went all the way to state finals, only to lose in the last quarter. The boys were the best bunch of kids I have ever coached, not the most talented, but without a doubt the most dedicated. Sorry for gushing but I really had a great bunch of kids.

On a personal front, I got engaged this Christmas to my girl of 11 months. We are planning a wedding in April. This is a HUGE step for me. For those of you that know my story, I have not been in a serious relationship for over 30 years and being sober for only 8 of the last 30, I have always been afraid. Well, she is clearly the greatest thing to ever happen to me and I thank the good Lord for helping me stay straight and for finding her.

All in all, I am looking forward to 2011.

I hope you all have a happy New Year!

I plan on being a bit more of a frequent guest here but only time will tell!

Take care
    Mick

billrich210 is just really nice. (+1000) billrich210 is just really nice. (+1000) billrich210 is just really nice. (+1000) billrich210 is just really nice. (+1000) billrich210 is just really nice. (+1000) billrich210 is just really nice. (+1000) billrich210 is just really nice. (+1000) billrich210 is just really nice. (+1000) billrich210 is just really nice. (+1000) billrich210 is just really nice. (+1000) billrich210 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Way to go Mick!
    Strength and wisdom are not opposing values.

chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    you have probably seen this viral video going around of the homeless guy with the golden voice

here is a follow up to that (sobriety related)

**S U P E R B E A S T** Meatpants's Avatar
    Meatpants has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Meatpants has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Meatpants has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Meatpants has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Meatpants has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Meatpants has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Meatpants has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Meatpants has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Meatpants has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Meatpants has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Meatpants has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Truly an awesome video. Thanks for sharing Chodan.
    To whom much is given, much is expected.

Victory is reserved for those willing to pay its price.

vindex1963 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) vindex1963 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) vindex1963 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) vindex1963 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) vindex1963 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) vindex1963 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) vindex1963 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) vindex1963 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) vindex1963 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) vindex1963 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) vindex1963 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

You have to put sobriety first above everything else. Blow off the gym if it means a meeting. You have to go to AA meetings. You have proven to yourself you are powerless to overcome. EVERYTHING must come second because nothing else matters until you are sober. You become sober and the rest (everything) will fall into place, drunk and it will fall apart (everything).

Good luck and post your progress daily if needed. We are here for you. Sorority was given to us it's our responsibility to give it back.
    stick with it and it WILL pay off

mickyb55 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mickyb55 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mickyb55 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mickyb55 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mickyb55 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mickyb55 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mickyb55 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mickyb55 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mickyb55 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mickyb55 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mickyb55 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Cosmo -
    Everyone here has been in your shoes. You need support bro, can't be done on your own. You seemed to have made up your mind to quit, so ask yourself, why haven't you? Get yourself in a program. I haven't read any other posts of yours but do you have a family? I see you in your profile pic with a little kid. That should be reason enough man. Good luck. People here can help but you need to take the first step.

Originally Posted by chodan9 View Post
    what do you guys think?
    I was having a discussion the other day with a sober friend who got sober later in life.
    Do you think its more difficult to get sober in your late teens or early 20's or in your 40s or later?
    I only have the perspective of getting sober at 24, so I don't know the challenges of trying sobriety for the first time later in life.
    Are there challenges to getting sober later that aren't there for someone younger?
    Hey -

I know I am replying to an old post but I wanted to put in my 2 cents. I sobered up at the tender young age of 43, after being drunk for the better part of 20 years. I have nothing to compare it to but I can tell you that what I believe makes it difficult is that it is in your life for so long, that it becomes a part of who you are. Think about it, I was drunk pretty much my entire adult life. I didn't know what being an adult and being sober was. And I guess that there is the problem. I never grew up. My situation was so completely desperate that I had NO choice but to get clean but it was a complete change of life for me. I'm not sure if I am saying that its harder or easier, but it is my perspective.

Originally Posted by Meatpants View Post
    Truly an awesome video. Thanks for sharing Chodan.
    bump to that. great video!

cosmo123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) cosmo123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) cosmo123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) cosmo123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) cosmo123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) cosmo123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) cosmo123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) cosmo123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) cosmo123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) cosmo123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) cosmo123 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Thanks

Thanks for the kind words and tough love. Havent drank since and dont intend to. Im back on the horse, back in the gym but sticking to cardio for a while until my bruised ribs mend. Took a spill on some slippery steps and landed on the ol' organ cage. Doc says 3-weeks to commence lifting or until the pain is gone.
    Its good to know this forum is tucked away in here.

Early to bed.........

vindex1963 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) vindex1963 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) vindex1963 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) vindex1963 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) vindex1963 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) vindex1963 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) vindex1963 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) vindex1963 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) vindex1963 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) vindex1963 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) vindex1963 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Happy Sunday night, tomorrow starts a brand new week......sober thank God!!!

Registered User GhostAvenger620's Avatar
    GhostAvenger620 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) GhostAvenger620 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) GhostAvenger620 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) GhostAvenger620 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) GhostAvenger620 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) GhostAvenger620 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) GhostAvenger620 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) GhostAvenger620 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) GhostAvenger620 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) GhostAvenger620 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) GhostAvenger620 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by vindex1963 View Post
    Happy Sunday night, tomorrow starts a brand new week......sober thank God!!!
    I will be enjoying 8 months of sobriety this month.

righter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) righter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) righter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) righter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) righter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) righter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) righter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) righter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) righter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) righter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) righter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by GhostAvenger620 View Post
    Congratulations! That's awesome!

Congrats on this side too. Incredible results. Just keep it up.

chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Great ghostavenger!
    Last edited by chodan9; 01-10-2011 at 12:03 PM.

GreenWave1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreenWave1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreenWave1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreenWave1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreenWave1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreenWave1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreenWave1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreenWave1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreenWave1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreenWave1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreenWave1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Thumbs up

Congrats!

pharmamarketer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pharmamarketer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pharmamarketer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pharmamarketer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pharmamarketer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pharmamarketer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pharmamarketer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pharmamarketer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pharmamarketer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pharmamarketer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pharmamarketer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Congrats man
    I'm a great believer in luck and I find the harder I work, the more I have of it. ~ Thomas Jefferson

mutt7707 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mutt7707 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mutt7707 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mutt7707 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mutt7707 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mutt7707 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mutt7707 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mutt7707 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mutt7707 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mutt7707 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mutt7707 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I am back. I hope for goood thi time. I lost everythng, wife family my home ( I had to go to my parents home). Court orders to stay away from and not even contact my wife at all....needless to say I have had enough.
    Just shut up and SQUAT!

Unhappy

Originally Posted by mutt7707 View Post
    I am back. I hope for goood thi time. I lost everythng, wife family my home ( I had to go to my parents home). Court orders to stay away from and not even contact my wife at all....needless to say I have had enough.
    Is this rock bottom? Please tell me it is. Please.

I pray for you man. I hope you pray as well. You have a life to live. So much to do and experience. You can live that life or you can continue to drink. And lose.

Is this rock bottom?

**S U P E R B E A S T** Meatpants's Avatar
    Meatpants has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Meatpants has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Meatpants has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Meatpants has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Meatpants has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Meatpants has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Meatpants has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Meatpants has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Meatpants has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Meatpants has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Meatpants has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    This may be the end of those things you once held so dear, or it may only be the begining. I truly hope you get it this time.

Originally Posted by GreenWave1 View Post
    Is this rock bottom?
    I hope so.

9 years tomorrow. Life has become better than I ever could have imagined.

Thank you God!
    To whom much is given, much is expected.

Victory is reserved for those willing to pay its price.

pharmamarketer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pharmamarketer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pharmamarketer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pharmamarketer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pharmamarketer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pharmamarketer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pharmamarketer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pharmamarketer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pharmamarketer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pharmamarketer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pharmamarketer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    This may be the end of those things you once held so dear, or it may only be the begining. I truly hope you get it this time.

I hope so.

Thank you God!
    Congrats on teh 9 years MP. That is fantastic. Must feel very good
    I'm a great believer in luck and I find the harder I work, the more I have of it. ~ Thomas Jefferson

Registered User GhostAvenger620's Avatar
    GhostAvenger620 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) GhostAvenger620 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) GhostAvenger620 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) GhostAvenger620 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) GhostAvenger620 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) GhostAvenger620 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) GhostAvenger620 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) GhostAvenger620 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) GhostAvenger620 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) GhostAvenger620 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) GhostAvenger620 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

I know what that feels like. No where to go but up.

Thanks everyone for your support!!!!!

Thumbs up

Thank you God!
    Congrats! That is huge.

Outstanding!!!!!! I've so happy for you. It just keeps getting better.

Have you read your past posts and the replies to them?

mutt7707 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mutt7707 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mutt7707 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mutt7707 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mutt7707 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mutt7707 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mutt7707 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mutt7707 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mutt7707 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mutt7707 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mutt7707 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Yes I have read them and this time I have taken them to heart. I miss my three sons and my wife so much, this is it this time. I am taking no prisoners in this and it is on!
    Just shut up and SQUAT!