Page 279 of 279 FirstFirst ... 179 229 269 277 278 279
Results 8,341 to 8,366 of 8366
    EthanSkeye is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Big_Sky_Guy View Post
    Feel free to shoot me a message anytime.

I am sure there are locals that would be willing to take you through the steps. Seems to work best for most people to be able to meet face to face.
    . ----Need help as well actually though.

dk999uu will become famous soon enough. (+50) dk999uu will become famous soon enough. (+50) dk999uu will become famous soon enough. (+50) dk999uu will become famous soon enough. (+50) dk999uu will become famous soon enough. (+50) dk999uu will become famous soon enough. (+50) dk999uu will become famous soon enough. (+50) dk999uu will become famous soon enough. (+50) dk999uu will become famous soon enough. (+50) dk999uu will become famous soon enough. (+50) dk999uu will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by BigDaddy33 View Post
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am a recovering alcoholic and was hoping to start a discussion with other alcoholics who wuld be interested. Alcoholism is very powerfull and we can use all the help we can get.

I put it in the over 35 section basically because I did'nt know where else to put it. The Misc section is full of, well im not sure what its full of, but I don't think it would have been takin seriously over there. So, here we go....

kmatt42 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kmatt42 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kmatt42 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kmatt42 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kmatt42 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kmatt42 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kmatt42 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kmatt42 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kmatt42 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kmatt42 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kmatt42 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    There is a concern about my drinking and wanted your opinion.
    Been married for 22 years, 4 kids, highly successful and stressful career.
    Baseline, for as far back as I can remember I drank a case of beer every week Thursday to Sunday (some variations)
    Alcoholism is in my family
    About 10 years ago everything seemed to hit the fan at the same time, super stressed, anxiety attacks, sleepless nights, for about a month my drinking increased until it was every day, (6 pack every Monday – Thursday, 12 Friday Saturday Sunday) that lasted about a month when my wife told me to get my head out of my ass. Quit for 2 weeks then back to baseline.
    Just over 3 years go same thing, super stressed, anxiety attacks, sleepless nights, slowly increased my drinking for about a month, then a month of daily drinking, but probably just over half the level as before. Wife never said anything but I realized head back in ass, Quit for 2 weeks then back to baseline.
    Starting last November, super stressed, anxiety attaches, sleepless nights, drinking started to increase, wife concerned, I stopped for a week but still felt stressed so I hid my daily drinking, I would get 2 single server wine bottles every day and drink them before she came home and them 8 to 10 beers a day on the weekends. This lasted for 2 weeks. She found the hid wine twice. She pissed, don’t blame her. Hiding is a flag.
    I believe I have stress and anxiety issues that need assistance. If I had better tools and willpower these flare ups/binges will not happen, or at least last just a day or so. I’m meeting a psychologist in a few weeks to discuss all this.
    I think wife wants me to quit. Not sure if its that extreme, but a huge concern.
    Your thoughts would be greatly appreciated
    Ken

AlBHappy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlBHappy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlBHappy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlBHappy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlBHappy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlBHappy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlBHappy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlBHappy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlBHappy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlBHappy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlBHappy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by kmatt42 View Post
    There is a concern about my drinking and wanted your opinion.
    Been married for 22 years, 4 kids, highly successful and stressful career.
    Baseline, for as far back as I can remember I drank a case of beer every week Thursday to Sunday (some variations)
    Alcoholism is in my family
    About 10 years ago everything seemed to hit the fan at the same time, super stressed, anxiety attacks, sleepless nights, for about a month my drinking increased until it was every day, (6 pack every Monday – Thursday, 12 Friday Saturday Sunday) that lasted about a month when my wife told me to get my head out of my ass. Quit for 2 weeks then back to baseline.
    Just over 3 years go same thing, super stressed, anxiety attacks, sleepless nights, slowly increased my drinking for about a month, then a month of daily drinking, but probably just over half the level as before. Wife never said anything but I realized head back in ass, Quit for 2 weeks then back to baseline.
    Starting last November, super stressed, anxiety attaches, sleepless nights, drinking started to increase, wife concerned, I stopped for a week but still felt stressed so I hid my daily drinking, I would get 2 single server wine bottles every day and drink them before she came home and them 8 to 10 beers a day on the weekends. This lasted for 2 weeks. She found the hid wine twice. She pissed, don’t blame her. Hiding is a flag.
    I believe I have stress and anxiety issues that need assistance. If I had better tools and willpower these flare ups/binges will not happen, or at least last just a day or so. I’m meeting a psychologist in a few weeks to discuss all this.
    I think wife wants me to quit. Not sure if its that extreme, but a huge concern.
    Your thoughts would be greatly appreciated
    4 great kids, a wife that loves you for 22 careers and a successful career. Read those 1st 2 sentences over and over. Everyone loves Ken except for Ken. Your wife may want you to quit, but YOU must want to.

You do have a problem, but need to find the source of why you're killing yourself. Good luck.

ftpgtpx is not very well liked. (-100) ftpgtpx is not very well liked. (-100) ftpgtpx is not very well liked. (-100) ftpgtpx is not very well liked. (-100) ftpgtpx is not very well liked. (-100) ftpgtpx is not very well liked. (-100) ftpgtpx is not very well liked. (-100) ftpgtpx is not very well liked. (-100) ftpgtpx is not very well liked. (-100) ftpgtpx is not very well liked. (-100) ftpgtpx is not very well liked. (-100)
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am a recovering alcoholic and was hoping to start a discussion with other alcoholics who wuld be interested. Alcoholism is very powerfull and we can use all the help we can get.

I put it in the over 35 section basically because I did'nt know where else to put it. The Misc section is full of, well im not sure what its full of, but I don't think it would have been takin seriously over there. So, here we go....

kevinsniceguy is not very well liked. (-100) kevinsniceguy is not very well liked. (-100) kevinsniceguy is not very well liked. (-100) kevinsniceguy is not very well liked. (-100) kevinsniceguy is not very well liked. (-100) kevinsniceguy is not very well liked. (-100) kevinsniceguy is not very well liked. (-100) kevinsniceguy is not very well liked. (-100) kevinsniceguy is not very well liked. (-100) kevinsniceguy is not very well liked. (-100) kevinsniceguy is not very well liked. (-100)

BackwoodsGa is just really nice. (+1000) BackwoodsGa is just really nice. (+1000) BackwoodsGa is just really nice. (+1000) BackwoodsGa is just really nice. (+1000) BackwoodsGa is just really nice. (+1000) BackwoodsGa is just really nice. (+1000) BackwoodsGa is just really nice. (+1000) BackwoodsGa is just really nice. (+1000) BackwoodsGa is just really nice. (+1000) BackwoodsGa is just really nice. (+1000) BackwoodsGa is just really nice. (+1000)
    Howdy folks.still clean and sober.Stay strong everyone.

kevutut is not very well liked. (-100) kevutut is not very well liked. (-100) kevutut is not very well liked. (-100) kevutut is not very well liked. (-100) kevutut is not very well liked. (-100) kevutut is not very well liked. (-100) kevutut is not very well liked. (-100) kevutut is not very well liked. (-100) kevutut is not very well liked. (-100) kevutut is not very well liked. (-100) kevutut is not very well liked. (-100)

jellodirt is just really nice. (+1000) jellodirt is just really nice. (+1000) jellodirt is just really nice. (+1000) jellodirt is just really nice. (+1000) jellodirt is just really nice. (+1000) jellodirt is just really nice. (+1000) jellodirt is just really nice. (+1000) jellodirt is just really nice. (+1000) jellodirt is just really nice. (+1000) jellodirt is just really nice. (+1000) jellodirt is just really nice. (+1000)
    You are drinking more than the average person but on the sliding scale of alcoholism it's probably not a lot. Alcohol is a slippery slope. IMO it will increase at a surprisingly fast rate. My advice would be to to quit drinking period and see your Dr about your anxiety. Good luck.
    "Before my father died, he said the worst thing about growing old was that other men stopped seeing you as dangerous. I've always remembered that, how being dangerous was sacred, a badge of honor." - Act Of Valor

nmex771uu is not very well liked. (-100) nmex771uu is not very well liked. (-100) nmex771uu is not very well liked. (-100) nmex771uu is not very well liked. (-100) nmex771uu is not very well liked. (-100) nmex771uu is not very well liked. (-100) nmex771uu is not very well liked. (-100) nmex771uu is not very well liked. (-100) nmex771uu is not very well liked. (-100) nmex771uu is not very well liked. (-100) nmex771uu is not very well liked. (-100)

fmg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    ohai guise, Is this thread specifically drawn towards the 12 step program or a religious following?

dazlittle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dazlittle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dazlittle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dazlittle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dazlittle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dazlittle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dazlittle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dazlittle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dazlittle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dazlittle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dazlittle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by fmg View Post
    ohai guise, Is this thread specifically drawn towards the 12 step program or a religious following?
    I don't post in this thread but do read it and I've never heard mention of any religious following otherwise I would have ceased my reading!!.
    Instagram - @dazlittle123

zoof971 is not very well liked. (-100) zoof971 is not very well liked. (-100) zoof971 is not very well liked. (-100) zoof971 is not very well liked. (-100) zoof971 is not very well liked. (-100) zoof971 is not very well liked. (-100) zoof971 is not very well liked. (-100) zoof971 is not very well liked. (-100) zoof971 is not very well liked. (-100) zoof971 is not very well liked. (-100) zoof971 is not very well liked. (-100)
    gluon is a drunk.

jonbug is on a distinguished road. (+10) jonbug is on a distinguished road. (+10) jonbug is on a distinguished road. (+10) jonbug is on a distinguished road. (+10) jonbug is on a distinguished road. (+10) jonbug is on a distinguished road. (+10) jonbug is on a distinguished road. (+10) jonbug is on a distinguished road. (+10) jonbug is on a distinguished road. (+10) jonbug is on a distinguished road. (+10) jonbug is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Hey guys, brand new here -- but I'm about 16 months sober and just getting back into weightlifting and training. I'm really happy to see a thread specifically designated for people who are in recovery. I was an athlete in high school and college, with football scholarship offers to LSU, UF, FSU and a bunch of other schools. But alcohol and eventually opiates put me on a long and painful rollercoaster ride.

Now that I'm clean and getting back into working out hard, I'm very curious to see if being CLEAN helps accelerate my progress. I got pretty fat in the past year, switching from vodka over to ice cream and cookies. Hoping to get my fat ass in shape now

vitamink7 is not very well liked. (-100) vitamink7 is not very well liked. (-100) vitamink7 is not very well liked. (-100) vitamink7 is not very well liked. (-100) vitamink7 is not very well liked. (-100) vitamink7 is not very well liked. (-100) vitamink7 is not very well liked. (-100) vitamink7 is not very well liked. (-100) vitamink7 is not very well liked. (-100) vitamink7 is not very well liked. (-100) vitamink7 is not very well liked. (-100)

oldandintheway is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) oldandintheway is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) oldandintheway is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) oldandintheway is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) oldandintheway is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) oldandintheway is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) oldandintheway is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) oldandintheway is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) oldandintheway is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) oldandintheway is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) oldandintheway is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by joed View Post
    A.A. seems to have been helpful to many of you who've tried its approach. But where would someone go who is an atheist?

Please don't mention 'tough love' or treatment centers run by CAC III types.
    I know a few avowed atheists in the rooms. They have no problems, AA does not require you believe in anything

2 years here

hksmutu is not very helpful. (-500) hksmutu is not very helpful. (-500) hksmutu is not very helpful. (-500) hksmutu is not very helpful. (-500) hksmutu is not very helpful. (-500) hksmutu is not very helpful. (-500) hksmutu is not very helpful. (-500) hksmutu is not very helpful. (-500) hksmutu is not very helpful. (-500) hksmutu is not very helpful. (-500) hksmutu is not very helpful. (-500)

Pinkmoon2019 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

AMarieV is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I will be celebrating a year clean and sober on 8/3/19. Six months into my recovery I decided to take up weight training. I was dealing with a lot of the emotions and triggers that creep up when doing the 4th step and often times the emotions would get in the way of my motivation to train. I was feeling a bit depressed about going into something, once again, and quitting before I really saw any results. Then I had a “revelation.” I cannot add muscle to my body because the cells in my body are still holding onto trauma. I cannot build a body on a foundation still full of cracks. After I started to adopt this way of thinking, I don’t feel so down on myself. Being so close to having a year under me, working the steps and going to meetings, and working with a therapist to release old trauma and negative patterns of thinking, I’m starting to feel that desire to start training again.
    Thou shall not lift in vain.

Tfor2 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tfor2 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tfor2 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tfor2 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tfor2 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tfor2 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tfor2 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tfor2 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tfor2 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tfor2 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tfor2 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I am glad to hear you are talking to someone

and to all that are maintaining sobriety
    congratulations
    and my deepest respect
    Trish

BackwoodsGa is just really nice. (+1000) BackwoodsGa is just really nice. (+1000) BackwoodsGa is just really nice. (+1000) BackwoodsGa is just really nice. (+1000) BackwoodsGa is just really nice. (+1000) BackwoodsGa is just really nice. (+1000) BackwoodsGa is just really nice. (+1000) BackwoodsGa is just really nice. (+1000) BackwoodsGa is just really nice. (+1000) BackwoodsGa is just really nice. (+1000) BackwoodsGa is just really nice. (+1000)
    Hello all.Hope everyone is staying strong and sober.God bless.

Wishing everyone a safe and sober weekend.Stay strong.

dazlittle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dazlittle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dazlittle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dazlittle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dazlittle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dazlittle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dazlittle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dazlittle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dazlittle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dazlittle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dazlittle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I'm about 30 days shy of 1 year sober, stay strong everyone.

Cheers
    Daren

Celebrated my 1 year soberversary in Mexico last week.

Wishing everyone safe and sober holidays.

Jdizzlean is just really nice. (+1000) Jdizzlean is just really nice. (+1000) Jdizzlean is just really nice. (+1000) Jdizzlean is just really nice. (+1000) Jdizzlean is just really nice. (+1000) Jdizzlean is just really nice. (+1000) Jdizzlean is just really nice. (+1000) Jdizzlean is just really nice. (+1000) Jdizzlean is just really nice. (+1000) Jdizzlean is just really nice. (+1000) Jdizzlean is just really nice. (+1000)
    i was a social alcoholic for 20 years. I had gastric sleeve done in august of last year which among other things is forced no alcohol for a year which among my food addictions is also a reset on booze. carbonation is a bad thing for us bariatric folk, so i'm assuming when i can drink again, it'll be a single 4oz taster at a brewery and that's it. even shots can be bad with to much sugar in the hard stuff, so it'll maybe be one or 2 fingers sipped for an entire night, if at all. booze was my only vice, without that, and all the other changes i've gone thru (down 120 lbs in six months, diet, excercise, etc) i've got some anger issues i need to work thru. my fuse is a little shorter than it used to be.
    my workout blog: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=177584181&p=1588523911#post1588523911