Page 183 of 280 FirstFirst ... 83 133 173 181 182 183 184 185 193 233 ... LastLast
Results 5,461 to 5,490 of 8390
    Big_Sky_Guy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big_Sky_Guy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big_Sky_Guy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big_Sky_Guy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big_Sky_Guy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big_Sky_Guy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big_Sky_Guy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big_Sky_Guy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big_Sky_Guy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big_Sky_Guy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big_Sky_Guy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Well done fellas!

Just take her one at a time and it all seems possible.
    Journal- One of the Ogres
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=139651333

Progress not Perfection cowboybiker's Avatar
    cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    My acceptance level has been pushed to the limit on some things that its boardering on complacency.

That cant be good
    Nothing can stop the man with the right mental attitude from achieving his goal; nothing on earth can help the man with the wrong mental attitude. – Thomas Jefferson

Be yourself; Everyone else is already taken. - Oscar Wilde

Stop Hating Start Lifting zakatak333's Avatar
    zakatak333 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zakatak333 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zakatak333 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zakatak333 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zakatak333 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zakatak333 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zakatak333 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zakatak333 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zakatak333 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zakatak333 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zakatak333 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Has anyone ITT successfully used rational recovery to stay sober??
    The muscles i value most are the ones directly surrounding the spine, the hips, the scapula, the femur and the tibia... in that order.

Basically the whole body minus chest and biceps... pretty much the opposite of what your local gym looks like on a typical Monday.

chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by zakatak333 View Post
    Has anyone ITT successfully used rational recovery to stay sober??
    I thought I saw someone post about it a while back, the majority here are 12 steppers

edit to add:

I do not care for what I have read on the rational recovery site, it seems to fly in the face of everything I know about recovery. I am not saying it won't work. It may for some people, who knows. I personally know hundreds of people who have long term sobriety in AA/NA, and over the last couple decades I have known many who got sober and happy and stayed that way until the day the died with many years of sobriety in AA and NA.

The rational recovery methods appears to dismiss 12 step group recovery methods in spite of the fact that millions have found permanent recovery through them.
    Last edited by chodan9; 11-05-2012 at 05:56 PM.

zakatak333 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zakatak333 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zakatak333 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zakatak333 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zakatak333 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zakatak333 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zakatak333 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zakatak333 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zakatak333 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zakatak333 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zakatak333 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by chodan9 View Post
    I thought I saw someone post about it a while back, the majority here are 12 steppers
    Same here.

Because of this, i don't meet alot of RR supporters.

Also i don't meet anyone who successfully stays sober after discontinuing meeting attendance.

But that's the thing,

if they stopped going to meetings then you won't meet them at a meeting

also someone who's needs are being met with RR, probably wouldn't try 12 steps.

but if RR isn't working for him, he'd probably try the fellowship/program.

Bill's path is working for me, so i have no ambition to try RR.

But if i wasn't finding success in 12 steps, i'd probably try RR.

So the people in the 12 step meetings probably have either no experience or a bad experience with RR.

Same way the people in RR probably talk sh*t about friends of bill.

Personally, i'm glad i'm in the fellowship as opposed to RR.

But, then again, maybe i'm jaded
    The muscles i value most are the ones directly surrounding the spine, the hips, the scapula, the femur and the tibia... in that order.

Basically the whole body minus chest and biceps... pretty much the opposite of what your local gym looks like on a typical Monday.

The rational recovery methods appears to dismiss 12 step group recovery methods in spite of the fact that millions have found permanent recovery through them.
    haven't actually delved into any RR literature

but the general vibe i've gotten is their recovery philosophy is diametrically opposed to the 12 step's "being powerless and needing help"

from what little i've heard, they have the attitude of "overcome your addiction with will power"

chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

from what little i've heard, they have the attitude of "overcome your addiction with will power"
    as if alcoholics ever had a problem with enough will power.
    I doubt you will find a group with more lol
    we can be as willful and obstinate as any group of people you will find.
    Our problem has never been lack of will power, it has been because we direct our will power toward destructive things.
    Taking something as powerful as our will and using it to drink and drug no matter what the cost.
    The thing is, applying the will directly to stopping drinking and using drugs is counter to what the will is for. Will power is designed for doing, actively pursuing, striving etc, and that's why its works so well in training.
    It is not designed for refraining, lack of action, just not doing something. That will only last so long until the will "decides" it must do something, and if nothing else is there an alcoholic of addict will use.
    That is why the program of the 12 steps and going to meetings and doing service work are so important.
    It helps apply the will towards a task, a goal, a striving for a higher purpose, when aimed at the task of learning to live sober one day at a time, will power is one of the most important tools in our arsenal.
    No, lack of will power is not and has never been the problem.
    Lack of direction for our rampant will power has been though.

LAWLER89 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LAWLER89 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LAWLER89 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LAWLER89 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LAWLER89 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LAWLER89 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LAWLER89 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LAWLER89 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LAWLER89 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LAWLER89 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LAWLER89 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Unfamiliar with Rational Recovery, but have done this last stint cold turkey without group support. My last withdrawal bout was so horrifying that I literally can't fathom how I'd react if I drank again. I think about drinking now and imagine a severe medical or psychological episode ensuing, so it's really a fear factor for me.
    Near, far, wherever you are...
    ...I believe that the heart does go on.
    Once more, you open the door.
    And you're here in my heart.
    And my heart will go on and on.

*HILARY/MICHELLE 2016*
    -Misc Progressive Thinkers Crew-
    {I Need Feminism Because Women Bring Us Life}

Our problem has never been lack of will power, it has been because we direct our will power toward destructive things.
    Taking something as powerful as our will and using it to drink and drug no matter what the cost.
    The thing is, applying the will directly to stopping drinking and using drugs is counter to what the will is for. Will power is designed for doing, actively pursuing, striving etc, and that's why its works so well in training.
    It is not designed for refraining, lack of action, just not doing something. That will only last so long until the will "decides" it must do something, and if nothing else is there an alcoholic of addict will use.
    That is why the program of the 12 steps and going to meetings and doing service work are so important.
    It helps apply the will towards a task, a goal, a striving for a higher purpose, when aimed at the task of learning to live sober one day at a time, will power is one of the most important tools in our arsenal.
    reps on recharge

exactly so,

we want what we want when we want it

and all we are is crazy,

what does a crazy person want? you tell me

also, its not a matter of will when chemicals in the brain are involved

an alcohol addicted individual's body is constantly sending the signal to "drink, drink, drink"

abstinence results from nothing short of a miracle

stevie88 is on a distinguished road. (+10) stevie88 is on a distinguished road. (+10) stevie88 is on a distinguished road. (+10) stevie88 is on a distinguished road. (+10) stevie88 is on a distinguished road. (+10) stevie88 is on a distinguished road. (+10) stevie88 is on a distinguished road. (+10) stevie88 is on a distinguished road. (+10) stevie88 is on a distinguished road. (+10) stevie88 is on a distinguished road. (+10) stevie88 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Day 80 for me today....Really really struggling the last few days with my AV....Have wanted a beer big time also craving cigs as I quit them at the same time as the booze....Just gotta keep going though I guess.....
    ITS TIME TO GROW.....

cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by stevie88 View Post
    Day 80 for me today....Really really struggling the last few days with my AV....Have wanted a beer big time also craving cigs as I quit them at the same time as the booze....Just gotta keep going though I guess.....
    I hope you have a sponsor or at least some accountabilty partners.

I know its not easy but you are not alone.
    And its worth all the effort that you put in.
    Nothing can stop the man with the right mental attitude from achieving his goal; nothing on earth can help the man with the wrong mental attitude. – Thomas Jefferson

so-tex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) so-tex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) so-tex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) so-tex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) so-tex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) so-tex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) so-tex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) so-tex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) so-tex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) so-tex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) so-tex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Day 57 here. I haven't had any cravings thank God. I agree with CB. Get yourself a sponser if you can't do it on your own
    I like to ride my horses and shoot my guns

Big_Sky_Guy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big_Sky_Guy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big_Sky_Guy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big_Sky_Guy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big_Sky_Guy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big_Sky_Guy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big_Sky_Guy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big_Sky_Guy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big_Sky_Guy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big_Sky_Guy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big_Sky_Guy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I had never heard it put that way. Makes a ton of sense to me.

And I agree that the will is an active component of our life. We are made to take action and the will can only stop us for a time. If we don't deal with what is causing us to want to act out, we will act out.

Getting our mind set on being of service is such a powerfully positive attitude/position in life. I cannot remember the page in the book, but it says something to the fact that, "...we can exercise our will power along these lines all we wish.."

Good words chodan!
    Journal- One of the Ogres
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=139651333

Slider59 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Slider59 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Slider59 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Slider59 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Slider59 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Slider59 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Slider59 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Slider59 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Slider59 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Slider59 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Slider59 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Anybody seen "Flight" with Denzel Washington?
    Great movie and something everybody in this forum can relate to.
    There but for the grace of God.
    Small Timid Boy
    ***Canadian Crew***
    *** Misc CIGAR Crew ***

HYMENATOR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HYMENATOR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HYMENATOR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HYMENATOR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HYMENATOR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HYMENATOR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HYMENATOR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HYMENATOR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HYMENATOR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HYMENATOR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HYMENATOR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Slider59 View Post
    Anybody seen "Flight" with Denzel Washington?
    Great movie and something everybody in this forum can relate to.
    There but for the grace of God.
    Haven't seen that one, but he plays a fantastic drinker in "Man on Fire"

Originally Posted by cowboybiker View Post
    I hope you have a sponsor or at least some accountabilty partners.

I know its not easy but you are not alone.
    And its worth all the effort that you put in.
    Originally Posted by so-tex View Post
    Day 57 here. I haven't had any cravings thank God. I agree with CB. Get yourself a sponser if you can't do it on your own

^^make friends in the fellowship

these people either 1) are currently in the same situation you're in currently in(drinking problem/newcomers) or 2) were formerly in the same situation you're currently in(recovered/old timers)

either way, there's a good chance you can relate to their experience with alcohol

^^make friends in the fellowship

these people either 1) are currently in the same situation you're in currently in(drinking problem/newcomers) or 2) were formerly in the same situation you're currently in(recovered/old timers)

either way, there's a good chance you can relate to their experience with alcohol
    Naw, Im still a noob with only 13 years

Now Chodan, he's an old timer.

Originally Posted by cowboybiker View Post
    Naw, Im still a noob with only 13 years

Now Chodan, he's an old timer.
    its easy to be an old timer

dont drink
    dont die

Slider59 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Slider59 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Slider59 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Slider59 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Slider59 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Slider59 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Slider59 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Slider59 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Slider59 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Slider59 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Slider59 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    its easy to be an old timer

dont drink
    dont die
    Worked for me 19 + yrs.
    Small Timid Boy
    ***Canadian Crew***
    *** Misc CIGAR Crew ***

FATA55 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FATA55 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FATA55 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FATA55 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FATA55 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FATA55 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FATA55 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FATA55 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FATA55 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FATA55 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FATA55 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I'm pretty happy to say I've been sober since July 28th.. I usually I don't make it through 3-4 days without drinking again.
    The last time I quit this long I quit for 2 yrs, stopped eating junkfood (ate super strict diet), worked out daily, quit smoking, and lost 135 lbs. Unfortunately a girl talked me into drinking with her and was working nights and everything fell apart. I started drinking heavily and daily, started smoking, stopped going to the gym, and didn't care about what I ate and put on all the weight again. Drinking again was the biggest mistake of my life. I'm currently 305 lbs (down from 329 lbs since I quit drinking)

Since I have been able to quit drinking (hopefully if all goes as planned I will never touch alcohol again.) I want to start getting the rest of my life back together.
    I've been eating pretty clean, but I wanna step it up and cut out glutten, sugar, all junk food, and stick to a very very strict diet. I plan on only drinking water, water with lemon juice in it, and maybe start drinking tea, or black coffee. I also need to quit smoking again, and hitting the gym daily. I have finally gotten a gym membership after about a 2 and a half year lay off. I worked out 2 weeks ago on Monday and even though I did an extremely light workout I was in a ****load of pain until Saturday. I picked up some xtend with BCAA's and I am praying it will help with recovery. I'm also going to have a post-workout protein shake, eat super clean, and get at least 8 hours of sleep a night.

If anyone else has any tips for muscle recovery (that is relatively cheap) please let me know. I really want to get my life back.
    Thanks.

JRT6 is a name known to all. (+5000) JRT6 is a name known to all. (+5000) JRT6 is a name known to all. (+5000) JRT6 is a name known to all. (+5000) JRT6 is a name known to all. (+5000) JRT6 is a name known to all. (+5000) JRT6 is a name known to all. (+5000) JRT6 is a name known to all. (+5000) JRT6 is a name known to all. (+5000) JRT6 is a name known to all. (+5000) JRT6 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Fat I think you're trying to do too much at once. Quiting smoking and working out is goal enough for taking steps.

I'm obsessing this morning over things I can't control. In that SEAL book I suggested in an earlier post the author said that you should start every day cold, wet and sandy. Embracing my morning challenge actually does take the edge off little.

FATA55 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FATA55 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FATA55 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FATA55 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FATA55 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FATA55 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FATA55 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FATA55 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FATA55 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FATA55 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FATA55 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by JRT6 View Post
    Fat I think you're trying to do too much at once. Quiting smoking and working out is goal enough for taking steps.

I'm obsessing this morning over things I can't control. In that SEAL book I suggested in an earlier post the author said that you should start every day cold, wet and sandy. Embracing my morning challenge actually does take the edge off little.
    Well I know what you're saying, and to an extent you're probably right, however It worked quite well in the past, the only difference is the soreness from the gym is making it impossible to go on a regular schedule.. I guess I will just have to try and push through it as hard as it will be.

JRT6 is a name known to all. (+5000) JRT6 is a name known to all. (+5000) JRT6 is a name known to all. (+5000) JRT6 is a name known to all. (+5000) JRT6 is a name known to all. (+5000) JRT6 is a name known to all. (+5000) JRT6 is a name known to all. (+5000) JRT6 is a name known to all. (+5000) JRT6 is a name known to all. (+5000) JRT6 is a name known to all. (+5000) JRT6 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Every single day is another opportunity to prove your worth and value as a human being.

Originally Posted by FATA55 View Post
    I'm pretty happy to say I've been sober since July 28th.. I usually I don't make it through 3-4 days without drinking again.
    The last time I quit this long I quit for 2 yrs, stopped eating junkfood (ate super strict diet), worked out daily, quit smoking, and lost 135 lbs. Unfortunately a girl talked me into drinking with her and was working nights and everything fell apart. I started drinking heavily and daily, started smoking, stopped going to the gym, and didn't care about what I ate and put on all the weight again. Drinking again was the biggest mistake of my life. I'm currently 305 lbs (down from 329 lbs since I quit drinking)

Since I have been able to quit drinking (hopefully if all goes as planned I will never touch alcohol again.) I want to start getting the rest of my life back together.
    I've been eating pretty clean, but I wanna step it up and cut out glutten, sugar, all junk food, and stick to a very very strict diet. I plan on only drinking water, water with lemon juice in it, and maybe start drinking tea, or black coffee. I also need to quit smoking again, and hitting the gym daily. I have finally gotten a gym membership after about a 2 and a half year lay off. I worked out 2 weeks ago on Monday and even though I did an extremely light workout I was in a ****load of pain until Saturday. I picked up some xtend with BCAA's and I am praying it will help with recovery. I'm also going to have a post-workout protein shake, eat super clean, and get at least 8 hours of sleep a night.

If anyone else has any tips for muscle recovery (that is relatively cheap) please let me know. I really want to get my life back.
    Thanks.
    strong username to post content correlation

whey is a solid muscle building product

personally, i would stop the BCAA's and double up on whey, but that's just me

creatine monohydrate is cheap and helps with strength & recovery

bro, the best advice i can give you is squat often, squat deep

also, whats up with this gluten free fad?? its just bonded proteins why would you want to avoid that???

like JR said, take it easy

set up your lifestyle as something that's sustainable

if you try to do something too extreme like run a half marathon every day you'll get burnt out and resort back to your old ways

make this new lifestyle comfortable

build it to last

strong username to post content correlation

whey is a solid muscle building product

personally, i would stop the BCAA's and double up on whey, but that's just me

creatine monohydrate is cheap and helps with strength & recovery

bro, the best advice i can give you is squat often, squat deep

also, whats up with this gluten free fad?? its just bonded proteins why would you want to avoid that???

like JR said, take it easy

set up your lifestyle as something that's sustainable

if you try to do something too extreme like run a half marathon every day you'll get burnt out and resort back to your old ways

make this new lifestyle comfortable

build it to last
    Well I spent money on the BCAA's so I'm gonna take em, but I will double up on the whey as well..I might eventually get some green magnatude for creatine.
    My gf thinks I'm allergic to glutten/wheat.. and my friend claims its poison, and claims I will feel better without eating it. I'm not necessarily willing to buy into all the hype but I figure if theres a chance it will help me feel better, why not give it a shot.

My biggest problem is I'm not comfortable doing something half assed. If I drink, I drink until every bottle of booze in sight is gone, when I work out, I'm not happy if its not every day for at least a few hours. It sucks being an all or nothing kinda guy, but it's who I am so there's not a whole lot I can do about it. I think it will last this time because I've seen the consequences of thinking "ohh drinking once in a while won't hurt" because it did hurt. It hurt a lot.

My knees aren't very good, but I will definitely squat. Dug out all the old workout logs n ****, so I'm going to try and tailor it to suit my needs better now.

Well I spent money on the BCAA's so I'm gonna take em, but I will double up on the whey as well..I might eventually get some green magnatude for creatine.
    My gf thinks I'm allergic to glutten/wheat.. and my friend claims its poison, and claims I will feel better without eating it. I'm not necessarily willing to buy into all the hype but I figure if theres a chance it will help me feel better, why not give it a shot.

My biggest problem is I'm not comfortable doing something half assed. If I drink, I drink until every bottle of booze in sight is gone, when I work out, I'm not happy if its not every day for at least a few hours. It sucks being an all or nothing kinda guy, but it's who I am so there's not a whole lot I can do about it. I think it will last this time because I've seen the consequences of thinking "ohh drinking once in a while won't hurt" because it did hurt. It hurt a lot.

My knees aren't very good, but I will definitely squat. Dug out all the old workout logs n ****, so I'm going to try and tailor it to suit my needs better now.
    seems like you have a good handle on things

what kind of program(s) are you considering?

what are your previous maxes for bench and deadlift?

seems like you have a good handle on things

what kind of program(s) are you considering?

what are your previous maxes for bench and deadlift?
    I didn't deadlift, and bench I'm not sure, I didn't record what weight I used, just the stuff I did..
    It wasn't anything impressive though, I can tell you that.. lol

I didn't deadlift, and bench I'm not sure, I didn't record what weight I used, just the stuff I did..
    It wasn't anything impressive though, I can tell you that.. lol
    age and height if you don't mind me asking?

are you gonna deadlift this time around, bro?? i suggest it!!

age and height if you don't mind me asking?

are you gonna deadlift this time around, bro?? i suggest it!!
    29, and 5'10
    I'm gonna try, My back is ****ed, but I'm gonna give it a shot after checking out some vids online for form.

CrazyTall has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CrazyTall has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CrazyTall has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CrazyTall has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CrazyTall has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CrazyTall has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CrazyTall has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CrazyTall has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CrazyTall has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CrazyTall has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CrazyTall has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I need to join this thread. I just had a near close call due to alcohol. Im running out of luck and I know one of these times im going to end up in jail or dead. Im scared to relapse again, ever.
    no sig

Page 183 of 280 FirstFirst ... 83 133 173 181 182 183 184 185 193 233 ... LastLast