Page 11 of 280 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 61 111 ... LastLast
    BigDaddy33 is just really nice. (+1000) BigDaddy33 is just really nice. (+1000) BigDaddy33 is just really nice. (+1000) BigDaddy33 is just really nice. (+1000) BigDaddy33 is just really nice. (+1000) BigDaddy33 is just really nice. (+1000) BigDaddy33 is just really nice. (+1000) BigDaddy33 is just really nice. (+1000) BigDaddy33 is just really nice. (+1000) BigDaddy33 is just really nice. (+1000) BigDaddy33 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by chodan9 View Post
    KCB!
    WILL DO!!

marmadukemas will become famous soon enough. (+50) marmadukemas will become famous soon enough. (+50) marmadukemas will become famous soon enough. (+50) marmadukemas will become famous soon enough. (+50) marmadukemas will become famous soon enough. (+50) marmadukemas will become famous soon enough. (+50) marmadukemas will become famous soon enough. (+50) marmadukemas will become famous soon enough. (+50) marmadukemas will become famous soon enough. (+50) marmadukemas will become famous soon enough. (+50) marmadukemas will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by mfactor1 View Post
    Just a question that has been with me over the years, having been a heavy drinker in the past, now more of a social drinker, Its about giving up completely ie AA. If you are out for a meal and you cant even have one drink surely then even tho you are clean and sober alcohol still controls your life, my idea of beating alcoholism would be to have a cold beer on a hot day or a glass of wine with your partner without wanting to get drunk, not having a go, i am genuinely interested in your thoughts.
    I used to feel like that, especially when I was first thinking about giving up drinking, the idea of "forever" is still too big a commitment. Funny thing is now I don't even miss it, and frankly my life is so much better that I wouldn't want to mess it up with booze. That is probably hard to visualize becuase drink=fun, but it will make more sense down the road.

Originally Posted by plaskowski2002 View Post
    i had to stop my dymethazine cycle at day 12 wich was two days ago. i was having some nasty side affects like depression, mood swings and anxiety. my girlfriend was able to help me identify these problems by letting me know what a dick i have become. the feeling and moods i was having was a recipe for disaster. im closing on 3 years sober and it can be over in the blink of an eye. im feeling much better and back to normal. im glad i was able to stop because when i got sober bodybuilding has become kind of a replacement for booze and weed. just like my drinking im all in. there seems to be no middle area its all or nothing so finding a balance is hard and im still working on that. i am very obsessive with getting huge. im just rambling on but earlier in the thread there was talk about having to watch supplemtation and you bet your ass you do. like stimulant type products could trigger things in people who used to abuse uppers like crack, coke,meth etc. ok im done now. thanks everyone for listening or not listening. im so glad i found this thread.
    thanks baldie!
    Right on, glad you caught it early! Yeah I posted on the topic of how legal BB supplements can cause you to lose your emotional sobriety. I was on a prohormone for 2 weeks and started to have real anxiety, tension and irritability issues, so I quit and got better. I figured it was just what I was going through at the time, so tried it again, same issue. So this is how I know I have a problem... I had to try a 3rd time and see if it happened again (it did), becuase I really wanted to see the results.

Now I just use NO2 & Creatine drink before my workout & protein drinks afterwards.
    The Spirit is like the wind that blows wherever it wants to. You can hear the wind, but you don't know where it comes from or where it is going.

IgglesFan09 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IgglesFan09 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IgglesFan09 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IgglesFan09 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IgglesFan09 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IgglesFan09 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IgglesFan09 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IgglesFan09 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IgglesFan09 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IgglesFan09 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IgglesFan09 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by eddied27 View Post
    Congrats on the 9 months Iggles!

I ran a MassFX/Hyperdrol log for AX overe 2 years ago which would have made me about 2 years sober at the time. I would still recommend you research it for yourself but here's the old link to my log. I had no issues with cravings.

Best of luck!!

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=908428
    Thanks Eddied. Nice log. Question though, how come you only did one month instead of 8 weeks? You may have mentioned it but I didn't see it.

IgglesFan09 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IgglesFan09 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IgglesFan09 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IgglesFan09 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IgglesFan09 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IgglesFan09 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IgglesFan09 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IgglesFan09 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IgglesFan09 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IgglesFan09 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IgglesFan09 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

You Will Find Out For Yourself

Originally Posted by mfactor1 View Post
    Just a question that has been with me over the years, having been a heavy drinker in the past, now more of a social drinker, Its about giving up completely ie AA. If you are out for a meal and you cant even have one drink surely then even tho you are clean and sober alcohol still controls your life, my idea of beating alcoholism would be to have a cold beer on a hot day or a glass of wine with your partner without wanting to get drunk, not having a go, i am genuinely interested in your thoughts.
    You can drink just a drink from time to time. I can have JUST a drink from time to time. But eventually there always comes an uncontrollable drunk night that takes me places I don't want to be, inside and outside of myself. If you can ALWAYS just have a drink or two... cool. But if there's always that threat... you have a problem. If there is even a question about trying to "beat" alcohol, you have a problem. Normal people don't have anything to beat. It took me a long time to understand that. I could never figure out WHY they would want to stop after two. That makes no sense to me. Once that first drink is in my system I get the phonomena of craving and I have to have more.

My life is awesome today without alcohol. But I had to change my patterns and learn how to live happily without going to the same places and doing the same things. But there is plenty to do without drinking. I just could never grasp that concept. Once you're beat. You know it. And the Truth is the only thing left.... usually because you've lost everything else!

boathead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) boathead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) boathead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) boathead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) boathead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) boathead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) boathead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) boathead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) boathead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) boathead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) boathead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    if you can have just one drink, good for you. that is a distinction that separates the drunk from the pack. drunks have no desire to have one drink....we never had just one, and never wanted just one.

whenever i think of drinking, it never is thinking of a cold beer on a hot day...it is of a full bottle of vodka, with noone around to share it with, because it's all for me. it is actually a nice reminder for me that i don't drink safely. never did.

Baldiewonkanobi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Baldiewonkanobi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Baldiewonkanobi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Baldiewonkanobi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Baldiewonkanobi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Baldiewonkanobi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Baldiewonkanobi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Baldiewonkanobi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Baldiewonkanobi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Baldiewonkanobi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Baldiewonkanobi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Last night we watched a movie about California wine winning it's first international contest against the French in 1976. As the judges sipped each wine and discussed it's "smell of a tint of cherry blossom, hint of smoke and nestled with oak"...I thought of how much I too enjoyed fine wine. Problem was that right after the the initial 'discovery' 'bloom'...I sucked up the entire bottle in trailer trash Thunderbird style.

Baldie

"Snip it Doc,snip it hard LyingSac's Avatar
    LyingSac has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LyingSac has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LyingSac has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LyingSac has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LyingSac has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LyingSac has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LyingSac has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LyingSac has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LyingSac has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LyingSac has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LyingSac has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by boathead View Post
    if you can have just one drink, good for you. that is a distinction that separates the drunk from the pack. drunks have no desire to have one drink....we never had just one, and never wanted just one.

whenever i think of drinking, it never is thinking of a cold beer on a hot day...it is of a full bottle of vodka, with noone around to share it with, because it's all for me. it is actually a nice reminder for me that i don't drink safely. never did.
    you know what used to chap my butt was,one of the signals for acoholism was "drinking alone".....now if you're a law biding citizen you know they don't want you to drink and drive.So if i want to get drunk and not drive i stay home,and you can't invite friends cause they'll have to drive home.It's a catch 22....but i know what you mean boat ,actually i never drank for the taste,I drank to get drunk....i was 12 when i tasted my first beer a (Dixie) beer made from new orleans piss water.I remember thinking who could drink this!When you rise above it all,the fact is alcohol is recognize as poison by the body and no real lasting benifits.
    Land of Honalee

bjc12 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bjc12 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bjc12 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bjc12 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bjc12 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bjc12 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bjc12 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bjc12 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bjc12 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bjc12 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bjc12 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Liver health

Haven't brought up a question for discussion in a while, so I will throw this out there. I forget the exact reasoning but i think it is because excersise rleases lactic acid and the liver must process the acid. Therefor somehow exercise elevates liver enzyme levels. does this worry anyone being that we have not been so kind to our livers in the past? I have seen other members throughout the board get blood test back that showed a spike in their enzymes, these were members with no previous problems. It got me wondering, is it much to worry about, anyone take any precautions? Suggestions?

plaskowski2002 is just really nice. (+1000) plaskowski2002 is just really nice. (+1000) plaskowski2002 is just really nice. (+1000) plaskowski2002 is just really nice. (+1000) plaskowski2002 is just really nice. (+1000) plaskowski2002 is just really nice. (+1000) plaskowski2002 is just really nice. (+1000) plaskowski2002 is just really nice. (+1000) plaskowski2002 is just really nice. (+1000) plaskowski2002 is just really nice. (+1000) plaskowski2002 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by bjc12 View Post
    Haven't brought up a question for discussion in a while, so I will throw this out there. I forget the exact reasoning but i think it is because excersise rleases lactic acid and the liver must process the acid. Therefor somehow exercise elevates liver enzyme levels. does this worry anyone being that we have not been so kind to our livers in the past? I have seen other members throughout the board get blood test back that showed a spike in their enzymes, these were members with no previous problems. It got me wondering, is it much to worry about, anyone take any precautions? Suggestions?
    your liver is the only organ that can regenerate its self unless it is scared.
    EAT!!!!!!! TRAIN!!!!!!!!! SLEEP!!!!!!!!! GROW!!!!!!!!!

chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by plaskowski2002 View Post
    your liver is the only organ that can regenerate its self unless it is scared.
    how do you scare a liver???

BigDaddy33 is just really nice. (+1000) BigDaddy33 is just really nice. (+1000) BigDaddy33 is just really nice. (+1000) BigDaddy33 is just really nice. (+1000) BigDaddy33 is just really nice. (+1000) BigDaddy33 is just really nice. (+1000) BigDaddy33 is just really nice. (+1000) BigDaddy33 is just really nice. (+1000) BigDaddy33 is just really nice. (+1000) BigDaddy33 is just really nice. (+1000) BigDaddy33 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Champion Nutrition "Liver Cleanse"

How?

plaskowski2002 is just really nice. (+1000) plaskowski2002 is just really nice. (+1000) plaskowski2002 is just really nice. (+1000) plaskowski2002 is just really nice. (+1000) plaskowski2002 is just really nice. (+1000) plaskowski2002 is just really nice. (+1000) plaskowski2002 is just really nice. (+1000) plaskowski2002 is just really nice. (+1000) plaskowski2002 is just really nice. (+1000) plaskowski2002 is just really nice. (+1000) plaskowski2002 is just really nice. (+1000)
    opps i spelled that wrong! scar your liver. alchohol.

i take cycle assist.

marmadukemas will become famous soon enough. (+50) marmadukemas will become famous soon enough. (+50) marmadukemas will become famous soon enough. (+50) marmadukemas will become famous soon enough. (+50) marmadukemas will become famous soon enough. (+50) marmadukemas will become famous soon enough. (+50) marmadukemas will become famous soon enough. (+50) marmadukemas will become famous soon enough. (+50) marmadukemas will become famous soon enough. (+50) marmadukemas will become famous soon enough. (+50) marmadukemas will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Coincidentially, a good friend of mine has been suffering from liver issues. He was feeling very lethargic and tired, and had a lot of tests run, all of which came back negative. In the end, his docotor recommended giving blood, and said that men who have higher levels of contaminates in their blood can reduce that by simply giving blood on a regular basis. My friend said he went from a 5 to a 9 within 24 hours of giving blood.
    The Spirit is like the wind that blows wherever it wants to. You can hear the wind, but you don't know where it comes from or where it is going.

Baldiewonkanobi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Baldiewonkanobi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Baldiewonkanobi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Baldiewonkanobi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Baldiewonkanobi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Baldiewonkanobi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Baldiewonkanobi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Baldiewonkanobi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Baldiewonkanobi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Baldiewonkanobi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Baldiewonkanobi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I bite...what is a 5 and a 9?

Those with High Red Blood Cell counts are often urged to give blood. I am border HRB.

When I was one day sober and measured/weighed by Bill Pearl after I joined his gym...my waist was 40" on a 6' frame weighing only 168. I was a skinny man with a bloated belly. Later the Doc told me I had an oversized liver and it would regenerate back to normal. 6-7 years later I competed at a body weight of 235 and sported a 31" waist. Guess Doc was correct.

Dayum I feel great today. I was gonna go to my old AA meeting room on March 1st and pick up a cup cake with candle for my 29th. It's been some 10 years since I dropped by. Would have done some good for others to hear my story and good for me to refocus and be outwardly thankful. Oh well, I try to do that in my daily life including visiting with you all in here...

Hugs to my sober bretheren and hope for the trollers who know they to can be sober today if they truly wish to be.

Baldie

GreenWave1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreenWave1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreenWave1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreenWave1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreenWave1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreenWave1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreenWave1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreenWave1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreenWave1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreenWave1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreenWave1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Hi Baldie,

Congrats on 29. That is huge.

-Kevin
    Jesus is my lifting partner.

yes congrats on 29. thats amazing! more proof that it can be done.

LyingSac has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LyingSac has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LyingSac has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LyingSac has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LyingSac has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LyingSac has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LyingSac has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LyingSac has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LyingSac has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LyingSac has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LyingSac has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

A Shared Moment

I went to the grocery story last week and i realized i was walking thru the liquor section and the bottles weren't calling my name,hell i didn't even realize i was in that section......there was a point in my life I couldn't have done that with out buying something or sever heebee geebee's....the thought doesn't even occur to me anymore....i guess time does heal a lot of things....good luck to all.
    Land of Honalee

Originally Posted by LyingSac View Post
    I went to the grocery story last week and i realized i was walking thru the liquor section and the bottles weren't calling my name,hell i didn't even realize i was in that section......there was a point in my life I couldn't have done that with out buying something or sever heebee geebee's....the thought doesn't even occur to me anymore....i guess time does heal a lot of things....good luck to all.
    thanks for sharing that moment. i too remember those time.

Originally Posted by Baldiewonkanobi View Post
    I bite...what is a 5 and a 9?

Those with High Red Blood Cell counts are often urged to give blood. I am border HRB.
    Sorry, self assessment numbers. Feel like a 5 (crappy) versus a 9 (awesome)

When I was one day sober and measured/weighed by Bill Pearl after I joined his gym...my waist was 40" on a 6' frame weighing only 168. I was a skinny man with a bloated belly. Later the Doc told me I had an oversized liver and it would regenerate back to normal. 6-7 years later I competed at a body weight of 235 and sported a 31" waist. Guess Doc was correct.

Dayum I feel great today. I was gonna go to my old AA meeting room on March 1st and pick up a cup cake with candle for my 29th. It's been some 10 years since I dropped by. Would have done some good for others to hear my story and good for me to refocus and be outwardly thankful. Oh well, I try to do that in my daily life including visiting with you all in here...

Hugs to my sober bretheren and hope for the trollers who know they to can be sober today if they truly wish to be.

Baldie
    Congrats on 29, that is a huge milestone, thanks for sharing with us here.

Originally Posted by LyingSac View Post
    Awesome story, reps to you for the honest self analysis!

Anyone else ever dream at night of going off the wagon and for a moment there while waking up were ridden with shame and guilt?

I did that for the first 5 years or so of sobriety.

Baldie

Anyone else ever dream at night of going off the wagon and for a moment there while waking up were ridden with shame and guilt?

Baldie
    that still happens to me from time to time and im at 3 years. at first it was real bad though, i would wake up feeling sluggish and somewhat hungover. i got a serious sweet tooth when i first got sober and i dont even like sweets. my old counselor said that eating sweets late and night could have something to do with it but yea the shame and the guilt that come along with it sucks. for me it was scary.

bjc12 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bjc12 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bjc12 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bjc12 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bjc12 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bjc12 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bjc12 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bjc12 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bjc12 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bjc12 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bjc12 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Baldie
    Still happens to me and i just got four years. It sucks because out of all the dream i have they are always the most vivid and real. There were a couple times I woke up and being that i was into narcotics, I 've checked my arms to see if it really happened. Scary stuff. Can be seen as a good thing though. How else would we get to feel that guilt and shame and be refreshed on just how using feels now that we know better, with out actually going ahead and using.

GreenWave1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreenWave1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreenWave1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreenWave1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreenWave1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreenWave1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreenWave1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreenWave1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreenWave1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreenWave1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreenWave1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Baldie
    I frequently dream that I am using again. In my dreams I'll be thinking, now I'm not clean, I have to start over. Then I wake up, and I'm relieved that it was only a dream.
    Jesus is my lifting partner.

Baldie
    Yeah I had using dreams for quite a few years too.

The thing that scares me to death these days is when I find myself thinking "Yeah maybe I can handle a little of that... Wait a minute! No I can't." and I'm wide awake

chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I've gotten to the point that on the rare occasion that still happens (and yes it still does happen on occasion even after 20 years) it doesn't even bother me in my dream. Its like I know I will be waking soon and it doesnt count.

Quitting is not an option thepainter5's Avatar
    thepainter5 is just really nice. (+1000) thepainter5 is just really nice. (+1000) thepainter5 is just really nice. (+1000) thepainter5 is just really nice. (+1000) thepainter5 is just really nice. (+1000) thepainter5 is just really nice. (+1000) thepainter5 is just really nice. (+1000) thepainter5 is just really nice. (+1000) thepainter5 is just really nice. (+1000) thepainter5 is just really nice. (+1000) thepainter5 is just really nice. (+1000)
    When I first started having those 'dreams' they were very real and upsetting. Now as I too approach 20 years I still have the odd using dream which I brush off as a dream and just continue on sleeping.
    It is interesting that we all have addictions in our past and using dreams in our present. Makes one wonder if there is a bigger connection in this world.

Originally Posted by thepainter5 View Post
    When I first started having those 'dreams' they were very real and upsetting. Now as I too approach 20 years I still have the odd using dream which I brush off as a dream and just continue on sleeping.
    It is interesting that we all have addictions in our past and using dreams in our present. Makes one wonder if there is a bigger connection in this world.
    One thing I was struck with in Vegas is that the entire strip is geard towards playing on peoples weakness, whether it be gambling, alcohol, sex, food, etc. Hope you have a great trip anyway.

hey guys

watching the news tonight a kid going to southeastern university in Louisiana,hit 8 people standing along a road side.2 died right away.I can not help but think here is a kid who just wanted to go out and have some fun ends up in a life altering accident.He went home and didn't even remember the incident.We got to do something.This is preying on the innocent.Alcohol is perceived as poison in the body.Why do we glorify it so.Noway this kid wanted to kill anyone and now has to live forever with it.Not to forget the ones that died either.I remember patting myself on the back,when after a night of drinking and not remembering going home,I would find my car in the drive way.I've taken way too many stupid chances back then.I'm alcoholic with 17 years sobriety now.Since this incident i find myself thinking of attacking the problem from every angle.From makers,suppliers,servers,and users.I'll never preach to any one about drinking....I will preach about drinking and driving....don't do it.......i'm a gambler by nature but people don't realize what this can cost you.If you guys got any idea's i'd like to hear them.....One thing i thought of was if a bartender sees someone getting drunk no more drinks until he gives up his keys......anyway guys congrats on your sobriety and keep on living
    Last edited by LyingSac; 03-06-2009 at 11:04 PM.
    Land of Honalee

Quitting is not an option thepainter5's Avatar
    thepainter5 is just really nice. (+1000) thepainter5 is just really nice. (+1000) thepainter5 is just really nice. (+1000) thepainter5 is just really nice. (+1000) thepainter5 is just really nice. (+1000) thepainter5 is just really nice. (+1000) thepainter5 is just really nice. (+1000) thepainter5 is just really nice. (+1000) thepainter5 is just really nice. (+1000) thepainter5 is just really nice. (+1000) thepainter5 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by marmadukemas View Post
    One thing I was struck with in Vegas is that the entire strip is geard towards playing on peoples weakness, whether it be gambling, alcohol, sex, food, etc. Hope you have a great trip anyway.
    You hit that nail right on the head. I too was amazed at how Vegas really lives up to it's "Sin City" moniker.
    While I managed to enjoy the sites without the vices, all those vices are glorified everywhere in Vegas.
    Having been there and done that now, I won't make a return trip as I am way too boring for that town.