saint sinner x is just really nice. (+1000) saint sinner x is just really nice. (+1000) saint sinner x is just really nice. (+1000) saint sinner x is just really nice. (+1000) saint sinner x is just really nice. (+1000) saint sinner x is just really nice. (+1000) saint sinner x is just really nice. (+1000) saint sinner x is just really nice. (+1000) saint sinner x is just really nice. (+1000) saint sinner x is just really nice. (+1000) saint sinner x is just really nice. (+1000)

Can you develop a good chest without any decline or working lower pecs???

Seriously, I don't have a spotter in the gym and I don't want to rely on one either, so I was wondering if you can develop a good chest without doing any decline work, I hear there is 4 parts to the chest, my chest routine starts off with incline bench press, 4 sets, the last set I do dumb bell incline flys, then I switch to flat bench press, 4 sets, last set I do dumb bell flys, then I go to the pec dec fly machine, and do 4 sets consisting of 12,10, 8, last set till failure, I am usually burned out by this time. I tried doing push ups, but I couldn't lift myself, I believe i've met failure, I lift heavy, progressive overload, but at times I wanted to know if its possible to develop a good leaned out strong well proportioned without any decline work and so on....
    "Man is pupil, Pain is his teacher"

- Chinese Proverb

J_Con has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) J_Con has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) J_Con has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) J_Con has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) J_Con has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) J_Con has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) J_Con has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) J_Con has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) J_Con has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) J_Con has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) J_Con has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    You don't need decline work. There are only 2 parts to the chest, lower and upper. Flat exercises work both.

Schnitter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Schnitter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Schnitter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Schnitter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Schnitter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Schnitter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Schnitter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Schnitter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Schnitter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Schnitter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Schnitter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I only do flat,cables, and inclined. I dont do decline at all.

timberwolf is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) timberwolf is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) timberwolf is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) timberwolf is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) timberwolf is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) timberwolf is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) timberwolf is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) timberwolf is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) timberwolf is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) timberwolf is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) timberwolf is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Decline is unnecessary for most.
    timbahwolffff on Instagram

CONTROLLED LABS - Winning the WAR against GENETICS
    kane@controlledlabs.com
    Sponsored Controlled Labs Athlete
    www.controlledlabs.com
    www.controlledlabsforum.com

Disclaimer : The above post is my own PERSONAL OPINION and DOES NOT REPRESENT the official position of any company or entity. It DOES NOT constitute medical advice.

saint sinner x is just really nice. (+1000) saint sinner x is just really nice. (+1000) saint sinner x is just really nice. (+1000) saint sinner x is just really nice. (+1000) saint sinner x is just really nice. (+1000) saint sinner x is just really nice. (+1000) saint sinner x is just really nice. (+1000) saint sinner x is just really nice. (+1000) saint sinner x is just really nice. (+1000) saint sinner x is just really nice. (+1000) saint sinner x is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by timberwolf View Post
    Decline is unnecessary for most.
    Holy **** its timberwolf, I'm a big fan of you man, your one of my biggest inspirations, since majority rules, **** decline lol.
    "Man is pupil, Pain is his teacher"

- Chinese Proverb

Vadim Beliaev is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vadim Beliaev is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vadim Beliaev is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vadim Beliaev is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vadim Beliaev is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vadim Beliaev is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vadim Beliaev is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vadim Beliaev is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vadim Beliaev is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vadim Beliaev is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vadim Beliaev is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    you cannot go by what works for others

you have to find that what works for you. Maybe he doesnt need to do declines and you in fact do.
    I saw a lot of development from decline work

Bobby_Flay is not very helpful. (-500) Bobby_Flay is not very helpful. (-500) Bobby_Flay is not very helpful. (-500) Bobby_Flay is not very helpful. (-500) Bobby_Flay is not very helpful. (-500) Bobby_Flay is not very helpful. (-500) Bobby_Flay is not very helpful. (-500) Bobby_Flay is not very helpful. (-500) Bobby_Flay is not very helpful. (-500) Bobby_Flay is not very helpful. (-500) Bobby_Flay is not very helpful. (-500)
    Originally Posted by saint sinner x View Post
    Holy **** its timberwolf, I'm a big fan of you man, your one of my biggest inspirations, since majority rules, **** decline lol.
    Same here lol.

Since I started doing dips, I have notice more of a rounding out of my lower chest. If this is what you want, give them a try. Just make sure you bring your legs up behind you and lean forward a little so it targets your chest more. It's a bodyweight exercise so you don't need anyone spotting you.

jensen is on a distinguished road. (+10) jensen is on a distinguished road. (+10) jensen is on a distinguished road. (+10) jensen is on a distinguished road. (+10) jensen is on a distinguished road. (+10) jensen is on a distinguished road. (+10) jensen is on a distinguished road. (+10) jensen is on a distinguished road. (+10) jensen is on a distinguished road. (+10) jensen is on a distinguished road. (+10) jensen is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    everytime i perfrom dips i get a pain in my chest i shy away from decline because of the pain

Majestyc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Majestyc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Majestyc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Majestyc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Majestyc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Majestyc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Majestyc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Majestyc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Majestyc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Majestyc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Majestyc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Decline work is optional, but effective if done correctly.

timberwolf is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) timberwolf is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) timberwolf is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) timberwolf is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) timberwolf is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) timberwolf is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) timberwolf is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) timberwolf is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) timberwolf is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) timberwolf is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) timberwolf is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by saint sinner x View Post
    Thank you.
    Its just that for most, myself included, its the upper chest that usually lags in terms of development. And as suggested, I would probably turn to dips before decline bench if I felt I lacked lower chest development. And much of this is genetically determined rather than chosen performance of particular exercises over others.
    timbahwolffff on Instagram

CONTROLLED LABS - Winning the WAR against GENETICS
    kane@controlledlabs.com
    Sponsored Controlled Labs Athlete
    www.controlledlabs.com
    www.controlledlabsforum.com

Disclaimer : The above post is my own PERSONAL OPINION and DOES NOT REPRESENT the official position of any company or entity. It DOES NOT constitute medical advice.

xua3k is on a distinguished road. (+10) xua3k is on a distinguished road. (+10) xua3k is on a distinguished road. (+10) xua3k is on a distinguished road. (+10) xua3k is on a distinguished road. (+10) xua3k is on a distinguished road. (+10) xua3k is on a distinguished road. (+10) xua3k is on a distinguished road. (+10) xua3k is on a distinguished road. (+10) xua3k is on a distinguished road. (+10) xua3k is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    for right now i would just leave the decline alone, sounds like to much overload especially since your already including flat and incline along with fly's. Dips should hit the lower portions of the chest just fine.

~snake0 is not very helpful. (-500) ~snake0 is not very helpful. (-500) ~snake0 is not very helpful. (-500) ~snake0 is not very helpful. (-500) ~snake0 is not very helpful. (-500) ~snake0 is not very helpful. (-500) ~snake0 is not very helpful. (-500) ~snake0 is not very helpful. (-500) ~snake0 is not very helpful. (-500) ~snake0 is not very helpful. (-500) ~snake0 is not very helpful. (-500)
    yes. *points to avatar*

Power_11 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Power_11 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Power_11 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Power_11 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Power_11 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Power_11 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Power_11 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Power_11 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Power_11 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Power_11 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Power_11 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by ~snake0 View Post
    yes. *points to avatar*
    Hahahaha!

*points to my avatar to demonstrate that, just because you do decline, doesn't mean you'll have a good chest*

Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Vadim Beliaev View Post

you have to find that what works for you. Maybe he doesnt need to do declines and you in fact do.
    This
    CSCS, ACSM cPT.

-Ironside- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) -Ironside- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) -Ironside- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) -Ironside- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) -Ironside- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) -Ironside- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) -Ironside- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) -Ironside- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) -Ironside- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) -Ironside- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) -Ironside- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Defiant1 View Post
    This
    That
    old broken soldier
    ACPT, NSCA
    Hughumanity.org
    Remembering the fallen

Stasher1 - Reps owed

SquatTilYouDrop has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SquatTilYouDrop has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SquatTilYouDrop has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SquatTilYouDrop has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SquatTilYouDrop has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SquatTilYouDrop has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SquatTilYouDrop has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SquatTilYouDrop has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SquatTilYouDrop has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SquatTilYouDrop has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SquatTilYouDrop has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Thumbs up

On the money. What more needs to be said?

oldmanriver92 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) oldmanriver92 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) oldmanriver92 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) oldmanriver92 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) oldmanriver92 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) oldmanriver92 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) oldmanriver92 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) oldmanriver92 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) oldmanriver92 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) oldmanriver92 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) oldmanriver92 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    100% correct, this true on just about everything, the basics are for everyone, but when it comes down to trying to get true gains, it takes time and you have to find out what works for you, get tips from others but figure out your body

mattholmes1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mattholmes1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mattholmes1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mattholmes1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mattholmes1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mattholmes1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mattholmes1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mattholmes1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mattholmes1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mattholmes1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mattholmes1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    You can not target any specific portion of a muscle. It can't be done. Have you ever heard of someone making the front of their bicep bigger by curling a certain way? No, and your chest is not different. It is true that you will create tears and feel the burn in certain areas after specific lifts, but when your muscle develops, it develops as a whole. As long as you are doing a complete chest workout ie several different exercises (I prefer bb bench, incline hammer press, db fly's) and eating properly then your chest will fill out with time.
    Diet is everything
    Mesendo for life!!!!

SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

^^^^

chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

I'll quote it as well.

Decline bench is one of my favorites, and I never use a spotter. However it has taken time to really learn my body. I know when I'm going to fail, so I'll stop my set. Or if I actually do fail, you better hope you get it to the bottom rung, or turn it into a static hold and wait to get a fellow gym goer's attention to come spot you.

J_con, if you want to hit your upper chest, stick to inclines.
    Flat bench works the same area as decline bench and dips do.
    -
    Alchemist of Alcohol
    -
    -
    -
    Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=126418493