Joe145 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Joe145 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Joe145 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Joe145 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Joe145 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Joe145 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Joe145 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Joe145 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Joe145 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Joe145 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Joe145 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

High School Football... Please help me, thanks a ton.

I'm going into a program that has reached the playoffs twice, and won the superbowl once. It's a decent sized school 260 kids(Freshman) are allowed in so, I'm still hoping to get in. I don't know what I'm going to play currently I'm
    5'8
    20% BF(Going to start cutting)
    Bench- 95x12
    Squat- 145x8
    Deadlift- 75x12(I don't deadlift at my gym, just at my house, rarily[once or twice].)
    Powerclean- 75x12(See deadlift)
    40 Yard Dash-?.?? Estimate 5.55
    I'm going to bench 3 times a week, squat 3 times a week, deadlift 2 times a week, and powerclean 2 times a weak, and for speed what is HIT.

DeathByBacker is on a distinguished road. (+10) DeathByBacker is on a distinguished road. (+10) DeathByBacker is on a distinguished road. (+10) DeathByBacker is on a distinguished road. (+10) DeathByBacker is on a distinguished road. (+10) DeathByBacker is on a distinguished road. (+10) DeathByBacker is on a distinguished road. (+10) DeathByBacker is on a distinguished road. (+10) DeathByBacker is on a distinguished road. (+10) DeathByBacker is on a distinguished road. (+10) DeathByBacker is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Don't worry about what you're going to play. Because honestly, you're not going to play your first year. Maybe not your second.

You've gotta realize you're going to be competing with guys 4 years older than you and atleast twice as big. Just work on getting in good overall shape, being big, fast and strong. Then just show up and show off your talents, your coaches will know where to put you. And as the years go by, you'll fit into a perfect role on the team.

It's impossible to judge what you'll play at age 14. For all you know you'll grow another 8 inches by the time high school is up. And then you'll be looking at different positions than you probably are now. Just become a good athlete first.

Hopetowin19 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hopetowin19 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hopetowin19 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hopetowin19 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hopetowin19 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hopetowin19 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hopetowin19 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hopetowin19 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hopetowin19 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hopetowin19 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hopetowin19 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by DeathByBacker View Post
    Don't worry about what you're going to play. Because honestly, you're not going to play your first year. Maybe not your second.

You've gotta realize you're going to be competing with guys 4 years older than you and atleast twice as big. Just work on getting in good overall shape, being big, fast and strong. Then just show up and show off your talents, your coaches will know where to put you. And as the years go by, you'll fit into a perfect role on the team.

It's impossible to judge what you'll play at age 14. For all you know you'll grow another 8 inches by the time high school is up. And then you'll be looking at different positions than you probably are now. Just become a good athlete first.
    First of all, I'm definitely not going for varsity. Just Freshman, not even JV. I expect second string hopefully, I just wanna have a chance to see what I got if I play.

Hopetowin19 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hopetowin19 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hopetowin19 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hopetowin19 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hopetowin19 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hopetowin19 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hopetowin19 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hopetowin19 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hopetowin19 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hopetowin19 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hopetowin19 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Sorry, I lost my password for a while. Joe145 was my other account.

vayx will become famous soon enough. (+50) vayx will become famous soon enough. (+50) vayx will become famous soon enough. (+50) vayx will become famous soon enough. (+50) vayx will become famous soon enough. (+50) vayx will become famous soon enough. (+50) vayx will become famous soon enough. (+50) vayx will become famous soon enough. (+50) vayx will become famous soon enough. (+50) vayx will become famous soon enough. (+50) vayx will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Start Cutting, start lifting, start sprinting (not jogging, sprinting).

As an example i know many schools do 100 yard sprints 16 times, with 40 seconds rest in between. Start of doing 4 100 yard sprints 2 - 3 times a week, then move up 1 more sprint each week. No matter what you need to be able to sprint.

What position are you looking to play? I will post some more when i find out.

edit: HIIT is High Intensity Interval Training. For speed, it wont do anything dramatic, for endurance on the football field it will do wonders. If your looking for speed training do plyometrics (search it) and search/google/youtube the proper form for sprinting and the proper start offs on a 40 yard dash.
    Man on a mission

Originally Posted by vayx View Post
    Start Cutting, start lifting, start sprinting (not jogging, sprinting).

As an example i know many schools do 100 yard sprints 16 times, with 40 seconds rest in between. Start of doing 4 100 yard sprints 2 - 3 times a week, then move up 1 more sprint each week. No matter what you need to be able to sprint.

What position are you looking to play? I will post some more when i find out.

edit: HIIT is High Intensity Interval Training. For speed, it wont do anything dramatic, for endurance on the football field it will do wonders. If your looking for speed training do plyometrics (search it) and search/google/youtube the proper form for sprinting and the proper start offs on a 40 yard dash.
    I'm gonna definitely do HIIT for endurance, and I'm thinking of when I can do it cause I have no place, it's snowing 12-18 inches here tommorow, so I really don't know about it, I may just start it in the Summer(Pylo, and HIIT) will that give me enough time to improve on speed/endurance?

vayx will become famous soon enough. (+50) vayx will become famous soon enough. (+50) vayx will become famous soon enough. (+50) vayx will become famous soon enough. (+50) vayx will become famous soon enough. (+50) vayx will become famous soon enough. (+50) vayx will become famous soon enough. (+50) vayx will become famous soon enough. (+50) vayx will become famous soon enough. (+50) vayx will become famous soon enough. (+50) vayx will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Yes you will improve if you keep to doing it, even just over the summer. Starting now would be best if you can as you will see greater results.

What position are you looking to play? and im guessing you go to a gym, if so you can do HIIT on the treadmill there, or any other machine (elliptical/bike)
    Man on a mission

DeathByBacker is on a distinguished road. (+10) DeathByBacker is on a distinguished road. (+10) DeathByBacker is on a distinguished road. (+10) DeathByBacker is on a distinguished road. (+10) DeathByBacker is on a distinguished road. (+10) DeathByBacker is on a distinguished road. (+10) DeathByBacker is on a distinguished road. (+10) DeathByBacker is on a distinguished road. (+10) DeathByBacker is on a distinguished road. (+10) DeathByBacker is on a distinguished road. (+10) DeathByBacker is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Hopetowin19 View Post
    First of all, I'm definitely not going for varsity. Just Freshman, not even JV. I expect second string hopefully, I just wanna have a chance to see what I got if I play.
    Oh, we don't do that here. One school, one team. If you don't make it, too bad.

In your case though, just try to impress the coaches. You still might not play at all first year. So just go out there and be multi-talented and be able to play a couple different positions.

Alrite man thanks I'm headin to bed

The_LB_43 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) The_LB_43 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) The_LB_43 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) The_LB_43 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) The_LB_43 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) The_LB_43 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) The_LB_43 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) The_LB_43 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) The_LB_43 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) The_LB_43 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) The_LB_43 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    no fear + temper = starting position @ the freshman level
    I rep U.S. Marines on sight.

9/26 - 165lb, 245 bench, 345 squat, 430 deadlift ,205 powerclean, 4.75 40, Must haz moar speedz and x-plosion :(

5'6" and completly flat-footed with almost 0% arch
    Rugby right now...hopefully can be a runningback next year for football
    Everyone wants to fight until they get punched in the mouth
    Negged because I refused to nuthug a cocky f*ggot

chevy572bb is on a distinguished road. (+10) chevy572bb is on a distinguished road. (+10) chevy572bb is on a distinguished road. (+10) chevy572bb is on a distinguished road. (+10) chevy572bb is on a distinguished road. (+10) chevy572bb is on a distinguished road. (+10) chevy572bb is on a distinguished road. (+10) chevy572bb is on a distinguished road. (+10) chevy572bb is on a distinguished road. (+10) chevy572bb is on a distinguished road. (+10) chevy572bb is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    yeah, just get pissed off and hit ****. Thats pretty much what you do at the freshman level. Your coaches should like someone runnng all over the field and making plays.