Page 1 of 27 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    thesilent1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) thesilent1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) thesilent1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) thesilent1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) thesilent1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) thesilent1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) thesilent1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) thesilent1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) thesilent1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) thesilent1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) thesilent1 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

The Silent Keto Log

Hello all, I had my log in the wrong area, so moving it here now:

Hello All,

I have decided I would like to do the CKD and see how I get on. I have read through the 46 pages of the thread and I am shattered! lol

Okay, stats are 5.8", 196lbs, 25bf%, desk job, 5 days cardio first thing and weights on a 4 day split (last day being a depletion workout)

Goal is to get to 12-15%bf and then do a clean bulk. I lift using max-ot heavy; in and out the gym.

Can you please have a look at this and let me know your thoughts:

7.30am 4eggs + cheese (slice) 1tbsp butter

10.30am 1 cup avocado + 20g Brazil nuts

2pm 150g salmon + 120g spinach + 1tbsp butter

5pm 150g shrimps + 1tbsp butter

7pm WORK OUT

8pm PWO (20g whey + 20g dextrose)

9pm 150g mince + 130g spinach/broccoli + 1tbsp butter

The numbers look like:

1950cals, 146g fat, 27g carbs and 136g Protein

On Rhys' advice, I am going to drop the pwo dextrose till I get to about 15%bf and then add it then.

I just tested stix and I am showing trace (-/+). This is my fourth day on keto so looking good. I do not have scales at home so will weigh tomorrow in the gym and do so every friday going forward.

I am getting together an excel sheet of foods with cals, protein, fats and carb total so people can "pick n mix" as they want.
    "It's all about getting back up"

thesilent1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) thesilent1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) thesilent1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) thesilent1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) thesilent1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) thesilent1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) thesilent1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) thesilent1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) thesilent1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) thesilent1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) thesilent1 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Here is yesterday and today's list:

cals C P F
    4 eggs + 2tbsp cream 07.30am 400 1 22 34

3 sausages 11.30am 405 9 33 30

200g salmon + spinach 14.30pm 410 0 39 27

work out 15.15pm

PWO SHAKE 16.00pm 120 1 27 0

avocado 17.00pm 270 15 3 25

2 eggs + 1 cream 20.00pm 200 0.5 11 17
    1805 26.5 135 133
    30.00% 66.00%

Did back and bis yesterday and actually felt stronger! lol

rtmiii is on a distinguished road. (+10) rtmiii is on a distinguished road. (+10) rtmiii is on a distinguished road. (+10) rtmiii is on a distinguished road. (+10) rtmiii is on a distinguished road. (+10) rtmiii is on a distinguished road. (+10) rtmiii is on a distinguished road. (+10) rtmiii is on a distinguished road. (+10) rtmiii is on a distinguished road. (+10) rtmiii is on a distinguished road. (+10) rtmiii is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Best of luck!

I think my cardio needs to be kicked up a notch to get me into keto. This is day five, and I am really not feeling it.

I normally do an hour of fasted cardio in the mornings, but as my wife is out of town with work, I can't leave my 2yr old alone in the house so will have to wait till she gets back tomorrow and I can get back to including cardio as well.

Have you tried the stix yet?

rtmiii is on a distinguished road. (+10) rtmiii is on a distinguished road. (+10) rtmiii is on a distinguished road. (+10) rtmiii is on a distinguished road. (+10) rtmiii is on a distinguished road. (+10) rtmiii is on a distinguished road. (+10) rtmiii is on a distinguished road. (+10) rtmiii is on a distinguished road. (+10) rtmiii is on a distinguished road. (+10) rtmiii is on a distinguished road. (+10) rtmiii is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by thesilent1 View Post
    I normally do an hour of fasted cardio in the mornings, but as my wife is out of town with work, I can't leave my 2yr old alone in the house so will have to wait till she gets back tomorrow and I can get back to including cardio as well.

Have you tried the stix yet?
    First and last urine of the day!

Negative each time still.

Just remembered... I used to purchase some paintball equipment from your side of the world.

"paint ball"; do not remind me; birthday a few yeasr ago and I had to run the "paint ball gauntlet" not very nice being used as a human target!!!! lol

I used to play, but now my hobby is paintball photography.

paintballstudio.com

Today's log:

8am 4 whole eggs with 2tbsp cream

11am 3 sausages and salad

2pm 100g salami

5pm pwo (30g whey)

6pm 180g pork chops and veggies

and will have 150g mince (ground beef to the other side of the pond) + salad @ 9pm

Weights:

Shoulders and traps (rep range is 4-6/max-ot)
    cleans 3x30kg
    db press 3x18kg
    side raises 3x10kg

shrugs 3x30kg

25min cardio - 300cals (hr 150)

Dreading tomorrow as legs and calves!!!

PS - still felt strong today during workout (was dreading lowering weights due to being on keto from what I have been hearing so far)

Wifey is back now so back to morning cardio from tomorrow; YES!!!

thanks for dropping by.

Off to a lunch for my mum's birthday; should be fun trying to convince people about my diet and then off to dinner tonight for my sister's birthday. I feel strong will power though so no issues to fear.

ketostix are showing medium colour for keto so should be all he way through by mid next week.

Right, yesterday was fun as it happened. Did a good leg workout and also ate out twice but still keto strong:

07.30am 4 eggs and 2tbsp cream
    08.30am work out (legs and cardio; see below)
    09.30am pwo 30g whey in water
    10.30am 100g salami and half a pack of spinach
    14.30pm sea bass and veggies in butter (restaurant)
    18.30pm 50g peparami and some salad
    22.00pm 3 eggs and a salad

weights (max-ot so rep range is always 4-6; if i can do 7 reps then the weight goes up). Weights might not look a lot but i was benching 120kg before i suffered from DVT (deep vein thrombosis) so just taking it easy really. 12%bf is more imprtant to me than the strength side for now.

squats 3x70kg
    leg press 3x140kg
    SLDL 3x90kg
    seated calf raises 3x60kg

20 min cardio (300 cals)

still have not weighed myself yet; i guess i am scared a bit but i "look" like i have lost some weight.

I am going to go keto till the end of the year and then carb up for 1 day and then only carb up every fortnight.

Yesterday's log:

07.30am 4 eggs and knob of butter
    10.30am BK XL bacon double cheese burger (binned the bun)
    14.00pm 100g salami + spinach in butter
    18.00 2 pork chops + runner beans

Due to the BK ( i was out shopping so had to get some grub) I could not eat any more or else would be in the "red". I looked on the BK website and "my goodness"!!!!!!!!!!! How much calories?!?!?!!?!??!!? (925 calories; 692 without the bun)

As it was sunday, stayed in bed and cuddled with my son.

Went to the gym this morning (monday) and did 30mins cardio -450cals.

Weighed myself for the first time since I started keto a week ago and have lost 13.58lbs! I know its mostly water but at least we are heading in the right direction.

stix still says trace! oh well, keep on I guess.

See you guys soon.

13.58 pounds! Damn... that is a huge amount

I think I calculated that wrong to be honest; just redone my figures in KGs and it says I have only lost 3lbs!!!!!!!!!!!! God knows where I got 13.58 from!!!!!!!

I feel very disheartened now to be honest.............

I think I calculated that wrong to be honest; just redone my figures in KGs and it says I have only lost 3lbs!!!!!!!!!!!! God knows where I got 13.58 from!!!!!!!

I feel very disheartened now to be honest.............
    Hey... 3 pounds lost is better than 3 pounds gained.

I have been in the 195 area for a few months. Now I am finally looking at breaking the 190 mark by the end of the year. I just need to shed 3 more pounds.

Actually, it took me a year to loose 50 pounds. I am glad that I did it over a long period of time. It was a whole lifestyle change that took me on the path. If I just did something to loose it quick, chances are that I would have put it back on.

true, thanks for the encouragement.

Today's log:

07.30am 4 eggs and butter
    10.30am 50g brazil nuts
    14.00pm mince and spinach
    17.00pm 2 sausages
    19.00pm pwo (whey in water)
    20.00pm kebab meat + salad

weights (chest / tris)
    db bp 3x20kg, 1x22kg
    bb bp 3x35kg, 1x40kg
    bb flys 3x12kg

cg bp 3x35kg
    tri downs 3x55kg

Was a good workout and strength is going well. did not have time for cardio after as was going out (hence why my last meal was what it was)

Still hoping to lose a bit more than I have so far. Have to learn patience I guess.

See you all soon.

Hydro215 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hydro215 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hydro215 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hydro215 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hydro215 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hydro215 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hydro215 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hydro215 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hydro215 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hydro215 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hydro215 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hey congrats on your progress so far. 3 pounds is still a loss and you should be proud. Set small goals and reach those and before you know it you will be well on your way. Good luck!
    My first ever Keto Log! And first ever thread coincidentally

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=112580251

Thanks Hydro, really appreciate the kind words.

I guess its easy to look at the progress of others and get disheartened.

Will press on.

update?

Hey all,
    Belated merry christmas to all!!!

Right, update: things have been "okayish" so far. Was hard trying to avoid carbs but managed to do so until my carb up which was yesterday Saturday. I would not really call it a carb up as I just had a huge slab of chocolate cake and that was it!! no rice, pasta, cereals, bread; nothing at all, just the sugar demon hooked me on my mum's chocolate cake!!!.

Went to the gym on Wednesday (back/bis) and it was a good work out. will have to add numbers when I get home (still at my mum's so journal at home).

I went to the gym yesterday by my mums as it is the same gym chain so member of one; member of all kind of thing. Had a shoulder/traps work out:

db press 3x17.5kg
    cleans 3x40kg
    raises 3x10kg
    upright rows 3x35kg

shrugs 3x32.5kg

was not really happy with the results so far as I guess I was expecting to lose more (be it water weight; just to be a sign of being on the right road) but back on keto from this morning. I will be on low cals today to get back into keto quicker (maybe around 1Kcals) and test when I get home; left ketostix at home so not sure but I still "look" the same in the mirror.

I have decided I will opt for 3 main meals and my pwo from now on (5-6 meals seems to be confusing me more than anything else). I will be doing 1800 cals a day (inc pwo which is 120 cals) and on non w/o days should be just less the pwo shake. I am also going to do carb up every 2 weeks and not every week as I can't seem to see a decrease in strength so will see how I get on. Also will be doing cardio at 70-80%mhr from monday in the mornings fasted and re-evaluate in 4 weeks time. Tomorrow is my next set of pics so will put them up tomorrow evening (please be gentle with me! lol)

No scales here so not sure what I am at the moment. I have been very good though and stuck to ham, lamb and turkey with loads of veggies (sprouts, brocolli, spinach). Was really hard refusing my mum's pumpkin pie, macaroni cheese (my mum loves american cooking lol)

Well, thats all for now, will chat to you guys later on tonight when I get home and can put stats for wednesday's work out.

What will the meals be?

I need to get some ideas so I can replace the animal fats in my diet with some better ones.

Hmmmm.... I just had an idea.

Originally Posted by rtmiii View Post
    What will the meals be?

I need to get some ideas so I can replace the animal fats in my diet with some better ones.

Hmmmm.... I just had an idea.
    50g brazil nuts: 345cals, 1gC, 7.5gP and 35gF

I will email you my spread sheet of most of my meals.

Weds Back/Bis:

chins (assist) 3x27kg
    bb rows 3x60kg
    deads 3x90kg
    close grip pull downs 3x57kg

ez curls 1x30kg, 2x35kg
    hammers 3x12kg

I am writting off this weekend as was not good keto wise at all!!!

Back on track from tomorrow morning.

Catch you all soon.

This will be the day in day out plan from tomorrow; non work out days will just not have the PWO shake

FOOD LIST TIME CALS CARBS PROTEIN FATS
    4 eggs + 1tbsp butter 07.30am 392 1.5 25.2 31.4

100g salami + large salad 10.30am 360 0.5 27 27.5

150g salmon + 250g spinach 14.00pm 330 9 37 17

50g Brazil nuts 17.30pm 345 1 7.5 35

WORK OUT / WEIGHTS 19.00pm

POST WORK OUT SHAKE 20.00pm 120 0 27 2

chicken breast + veggies in butter 21.00pm 300 0 45 10
    1847cals 12gC 168.7gP 122.9gF

I work best with routine, so not looking to change this for at least a good few weeks.

Chat to you all soon.

Hydro215 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hydro215 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hydro215 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hydro215 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hydro215 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hydro215 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hydro215 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hydro215 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hydro215 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hydro215 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hydro215 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    This will be the day in day out plan from tomorrow; non work out days will just not have the PWO shake

FOOD LIST TIME CALS CARBS PROTEIN FATS
    4 eggs + 1tbsp butter 07.30am 392 1.5 25.2 31.4

100g salami + large salad 10.30am 360 0.5 27 27.5

150g salmon + 250g spinach 14.00pm 330 9 37 17

50g Brazil nuts 17.30pm 345 1 7.5 35

WORK OUT / WEIGHTS 19.00pm

POST WORK OUT SHAKE 20.00pm 120 0 27 2

chicken breast + veggies in butter 21.00pm 300 0 45 10
    1847cals 12gC 168.7gP 122.9gF

I work best with routine, so not looking to change this for at least a good few weeks.

Chat to you all soon.

Looks good i hope it works for you, its all about finding your groove
    My first ever Keto Log! And first ever thread coincidentally

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=112580251

Tell me about it; this works for me and fits into my work schedule as well so it loos all good. Going to have an alternative day plan just incase I run out of anything at home.

How is the weight doing?

Hey dude, have not weighed myself yet; need to get myself some scales actually. Will weigh tonight at the gym but expect to have put weight back on due to cake/carb up! lol

back on track now; low cals today just to speed up keto and did 1hr on the treadmill today (800cals) to drain storage.

I need to deplete my carbs from the weekend. The chinese food was pretty darn good!

yesterday's log:

60mins cardio (800cals) fasted; AM

4eggs in butter
    50g brazil nuts and some salami
    125g meat balls + sprouts
    pwo (30g whey)
    spinach + bit of salmon.

Weights (chest/tris)
    db bp 3x26kg
    bb bp 3x55kg
    flys 3x12kg

tri downs 3x55kg