think172 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) think172 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) think172 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Cool Best Supplement to Burn Fat and retain muscle

There are soooo many supplements out there, half of which are garbage. Which supplement works best at not necessarily gaining muscle so much as retaining it. When I lift I dont want to gain weight, I am trying to lose it and almost everything I see in any vitamin store is Gain this, Gain that. Nothing says "lose" unless it is a pill. Suggestions???

PrimalLion will become famous soon enough. (+50) PrimalLion will become famous soon enough. (+50) PrimalLion will become famous soon enough. (+50) PrimalLion will become famous soon enough. (+50) PrimalLion will become famous soon enough. (+50) PrimalLion will become famous soon enough. (+50) PrimalLion will become famous soon enough. (+50) PrimalLion will become famous soon enough. (+50) PrimalLion will become famous soon enough. (+50) PrimalLion will become famous soon enough. (+50) PrimalLion will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by think172 View Post
    There are soooo many supplements out there, half of which are garbage. Which supplement works best at not necessarily gaining muscle so much as retaining it. When I lift I dont want to gain weight, I am trying to lose it and almost everything I see in any vitamin store is Gain this, Gain that. Nothing says "lose" unless it is a pill. Suggestions???
    Well the thing is, the more muscle your build, the more fat you will burn
    so building muscle is very helpful to help you lose weight "fat"
    but since muscle also weighs more than fat, you will lose fat but
    it wont show up on a standard weight scale.

as far as supplements go, you're best bet is to go with a great multi vitamin
    whey protein isolate, and a good creatine.

Also to manetain muscle you need to eat at maitnence

I dont know what your goals are but there is no magic pill for burning fat
    sure there are supplements that aid you in your fat loss journey but they
    are just that.

reading your post sounds like you are trying to cut for a show?
    im not sure how you would lose weight and maintane the muscle you have
    maybe its a body fat pecentage or ratio issue maybe?

also another factor could be excess water weight.

to maintain muscle you haft to eat at maitanence according to what your individual caloric needs are.
    Last edited by PrimalLion; 12-18-2008 at 08:33 AM. Reason: spelling

Kozma22 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Like the above poster indicated, there is no magic pill. I work at GNC, and while many of the thermogenics have had an effect for people, the fact that you must cycle off of them allows for you to regain whatever fat lost due to the elevated heart rate that the massive amount of caffeine in these pills gives you
    A few things to consider -
    People that say "do more reps to burn fat" are completely wrong. As the above poster said, the more muscle you have, the more calories you burn all day. stick to 8-10 reps, no more, no less. Any more gives you endurance, but the lighter weight used does not allow for enough muscle fibers to be recruited to spark muscle gain. And you are not going to get a cardio workout from the 25 seconds you bust out 25 reps.
    Also, when you do cardio, you do burn calories. but as soon as you stop cardio and your heart rate goes back down to it's normal level, you stop burning calories. when you have a great amount of muscle mass, you passively burn more calories during the day.
    Another thing to consider supplementing is CLA (conjugated linoleic acid? forget the whole term). I believe it is involved in the transportation of fat cells to be used as energy (forget the exact science here, look it up), but i base my recommendation not on that but on customer results. I have switched many people over to this fatty acid from hydroxycut, lipo-6, etc, and when combined with a solid workout regimen and diet, it does seem to have a great effect for people. It's also easier on your body and heart, and you do not have to cycle off it.
    L- Carnitine is another thing to consider - it is involved in breaking down long chain fatty acids, and is another supplement that you do not have to cycle off of. I have also read a study that it can slightly increase test levels.
    Research both of these, as again, i base my recommendation solely on my customer reviews at my store. It would be worthwhile to look up the science behind each, dont really have the time at the moment
    Good luck!

FINDING MY WAY BACK marcodeniro's Avatar
    marcodeniro is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) marcodeniro is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) marcodeniro is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) marcodeniro is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) marcodeniro is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) marcodeniro is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) marcodeniro is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) marcodeniro is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) marcodeniro is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) marcodeniro is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) marcodeniro is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Good dieting and lots of cardio is going to cut fat and the more muscle you have on your body the more fat or calories your body will burn during the course of a day.
    No Blood No Sweat No Tears No Pain
    NO GAINS

TwinTurbo335 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TwinTurbo335 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TwinTurbo335 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TwinTurbo335 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TwinTurbo335 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TwinTurbo335 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TwinTurbo335 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TwinTurbo335 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TwinTurbo335 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TwinTurbo335 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TwinTurbo335 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    im my experience, you need to just adjust your diet
    and that should show big improvements.
    *you could do weightlifting and then right afterwards do some cardio..
    you will be completely finished before you even start the cardio
    but thats the point.. use the fat, not the stored "energy".

javin86 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) javin86 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) javin86 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) javin86 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) javin86 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) javin86 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) javin86 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) javin86 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) javin86 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) javin86 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) javin86 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Kozma22 View Post
    Like the above poster indicated, there is no magic pill.
    oh, there is a magic pill

Barn01 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Barn01 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Barn01 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Barn01 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Barn01 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Barn01 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Barn01 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Barn01 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Barn01 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Barn01 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Barn01 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    stick to 8-10 reps, no more, no less. Any more gives you endurance, but the lighter weight used does not allow for enough muscle fibers to be recruited to spark muscle gain.
    Try telling Ronnie Coleman that. He swears by 10-15 of everything (with few exceptions). He's not the only pro that follows that rule either.

TitanBMJ will become famous soon enough. (+50) TitanBMJ will become famous soon enough. (+50) TitanBMJ will become famous soon enough. (+50) TitanBMJ will become famous soon enough. (+50) TitanBMJ will become famous soon enough. (+50) TitanBMJ will become famous soon enough. (+50) TitanBMJ will become famous soon enough. (+50) TitanBMJ will become famous soon enough. (+50) TitanBMJ will become famous soon enough. (+50) TitanBMJ will become famous soon enough. (+50) TitanBMJ will become famous soon enough. (+50)

wrong

Originally Posted by TwinTurbo335 View Post
    im my experience, you need to just adjust your diet
    and that should show big improvements.
    *you could do weightlifting and then right afterwards do some cardio..
    you will be completely finished before you even start the cardio
    but thats the point.. use the fat, not the stored "energy".
    Cardio should never be performed right before or after a resistance training workout. If you will be doing them in the same day, space the cardio and resistance training 8hrs apart.
    "The mind is the limit. As long as the mind can envision the fact that you can do something, you can do it, as long as you really believe 100 percent."
    -Arnold

killatiger has a spectacular aura about. (+250) killatiger has a spectacular aura about. (+250) killatiger has a spectacular aura about. (+250) killatiger has a spectacular aura about. (+250) killatiger has a spectacular aura about. (+250) killatiger has a spectacular aura about. (+250) killatiger has a spectacular aura about. (+250) killatiger has a spectacular aura about. (+250) killatiger has a spectacular aura about. (+250) killatiger has a spectacular aura about. (+250) killatiger has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Like the above poster indicated, there is no magic pill. I work at GNC, and while many of the thermogenics have had an effect for people, the fact that you must cycle off of them allows for you to regain whatever fat lost due to the elevated heart rate that the massive amount of caffeine in these pills gives you
    A few things to consider -
    People that say "do more reps to burn fat" are completely wrong. As the above poster said, the more muscle you have, the more calories you burn all day. stick to 8-10 reps, no more, no less. Any more gives you endurance, but the lighter weight used does not allow for enough muscle fibers to be recruited to spark muscle gain. And you are not going to get a cardio workout from the 25 seconds you bust out 25 reps.
    Also, when you do cardio, you do burn calories. but as soon as you stop cardio and your heart rate goes back down to it's normal level, you stop burning calories. when you have a great amount of muscle mass, you passively burn more calories during the day.
    Another thing to consider supplementing is CLA (conjugated linoleic acid? forget the whole term). I believe it is involved in the transportation of fat cells to be used as energy (forget the exact science here, look it up), but i base my recommendation not on that but on customer results. I have switched many people over to this fatty acid from hydroxycut, lipo-6, etc, and when combined with a solid workout regimen and diet, it does seem to have a great effect for people. It's also easier on your body and heart, and you do not have to cycle off it.
    L- Carnitine is another thing to consider - it is involved in breaking down long chain fatty acids, and is another supplement that you do not have to cycle off of. I have also read a study that it can slightly increase test levels.
    Research both of these, as again, i base my recommendation solely on my customer reviews at my store. It would be worthwhile to look up the science behind each, dont really have the time at the moment
    Good luck!
    L- carnitine and acetyl Coa are involved in the transport of long chain fatty acids from the cytosol in the mitochondria to help them undergo fatty acid oxidation. Just to clarify.

FINDING MY WAY BACK marcodeniro's Avatar
    marcodeniro is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) marcodeniro is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) marcodeniro is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) marcodeniro is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) marcodeniro is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) marcodeniro is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) marcodeniro is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) marcodeniro is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) marcodeniro is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) marcodeniro is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) marcodeniro is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Mitotropin logs are looking promising for good fat burner
    No Blood No Sweat No Tears No Pain
    NO GAINS