SquatDeadPress is on a distinguished road. (+10) SquatDeadPress is on a distinguished road. (+10) SquatDeadPress is on a distinguished road. (+10) SquatDeadPress is on a distinguished road. (+10) SquatDeadPress is on a distinguished road. (+10) SquatDeadPress is on a distinguished road. (+10) SquatDeadPress is on a distinguished road. (+10) SquatDeadPress is on a distinguished road. (+10) SquatDeadPress is on a distinguished road. (+10) SquatDeadPress is on a distinguished road. (+10) SquatDeadPress is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Front Squat vs. Bulgarian Squat for quads... which is best?

I just supplemented bulgarian squats into my routine to target my vastus lateralis better (kind of like my thigh).

I've recently been reading that front squats target the quads really well too. Do they target more the vastus medialus (the teardrop) or do they target more the vastus lateralis (the thigh)?

Which would be better for my thighs front squats of bulgarian?

Here's my leg routine

BB Back Squats
    BB Bulgarian Split Squat
    BB Hack Squats
    BB Romanian Deadlift
    DB Single One Leg Calf Raise

I would put the front squats instead of Bulgarian split squat... and would doing back then front squat be too much?

jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000) jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000) jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000) jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000) jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000) jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000) jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000) jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000) jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000) jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000) jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by SquatDeadPress View Post
    I just supplemented bulgarian squats into my routine to target my vastus lateralis better (kind of like my thigh).

I've recently been reading that front squats target the quads really well too. Do they target more the vastus medialus (the teardrop) or do they target more the vastus lateralis (the thigh)?

Which would be better for my thighs front squats of bulgarian?

Here's my leg routine

BB Back Squats
    BB Bulgarian Split Squat
    BB Hack Squats
    BB Romanian Deadlift
    DB Single One Leg Calf Raise

I would put the front squats instead of Bulgarian split squat... and would doing back then front squat be too much?
    Since Bulgarians are single-leg and fronts are bilateral, they should be considered for different purposes. I like to focus on the stabilization factor whenever I do unilateral moves.

I would do heavy back squats followed by lighter, higher rep (10-12 reps) front squats for hypertrophy. Go with a narrower stance and a deeper squat on the fronts to get the VL more.
    "Suffer the pain of discipline or suffer the pain of regret."

Training regularly but no progress?
    You need one or more of these: more food, more weight, more reps or more rest.

Check out: www.muscleandbrawn.com