battlejacker99 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) battlejacker99 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) battlejacker99 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) battlejacker99 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) battlejacker99 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) battlejacker99 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) battlejacker99 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) battlejacker99 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) battlejacker99 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) battlejacker99 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) battlejacker99 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Looking for a power rack under 80" high

Hi, can anyone recommend to me a power rack that is 80" (around 200cm) tall or under? I cant really afford to go over 400 GBP (approx $600) atm.

The ones I have found are always just that little bit too high (garage ceiling beams). For example I had looked at the Bodymax CF475 cos I fancied the lower pulleys attachment, but no luck at 83".

It doesn't have to cope with too much weight, I cant imagine going over 200kg on a bar anytime soon. It's mainly to help me work out alone with squats, any attachments (chin up bar, pulleys) a bonus.

I am in the UK which makes my choices a lot more limited, but I'd be interested to see whats out there.

Thanks for any help

PS: Im no good at welding, so I'll not be chancing any DIY

daltrey will become famous soon enough. (+50) daltrey will become famous soon enough. (+50) daltrey will become famous soon enough. (+50) daltrey will become famous soon enough. (+50) daltrey will become famous soon enough. (+50) daltrey will become famous soon enough. (+50) daltrey will become famous soon enough. (+50) daltrey will become famous soon enough. (+50) daltrey will become famous soon enough. (+50) daltrey will become famous soon enough. (+50) daltrey will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I don't know how tall most power racks are but you can buy a sumo rack which is basically the same thing but shorter.

~Bulking till I hit 200 lbs~I Rep Back~
    People who want something bad enough will find a way and those who don't will find an excuse
    ,___,
    [O.o]
    /)__)
    -"--"- o'Rly

battlejacker99 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) battlejacker99 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) battlejacker99 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) battlejacker99 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) battlejacker99 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) battlejacker99 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) battlejacker99 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) battlejacker99 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) battlejacker99 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) battlejacker99 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) battlejacker99 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thanks daltrey for the suggestion, I hadn't heard of a 'sumo' rack before. I'm a real newbie at the whole thing. Im going to see if I can find something similar here in the UK.

I'd still prefer a rack, but most of the racks seem to be 82"-83". But there was one, a Bodymax Standard Rack, which is now not being made anymore and out of stock. With a little luck I might come across another one.

boxertim is just really nice. (+1000) boxertim is just really nice. (+1000) boxertim is just really nice. (+1000) boxertim is just really nice. (+1000) boxertim is just really nice. (+1000) boxertim is just really nice. (+1000) boxertim is just really nice. (+1000) boxertim is just really nice. (+1000) boxertim is just really nice. (+1000) boxertim is just really nice. (+1000) boxertim is just really nice. (+1000)
    the sumo rack is a good option...or you could just remove a single ceiling beam in your garage and brace the roof with a new beam higher up. I did this and there are no problems at all with roof sag or anything like that.
    []---[] Equipment Crew Member No. 12

https://www.youtube.com/user/solvedphysicsproblem

117 videos showing the solutions to all highschool physics problems that could possibly come up.

Biggerfoot is just really nice. (+1000) Biggerfoot is just really nice. (+1000) Biggerfoot is just really nice. (+1000) Biggerfoot is just really nice. (+1000) Biggerfoot is just really nice. (+1000) Biggerfoot is just really nice. (+1000) Biggerfoot is just really nice. (+1000) Biggerfoot is just really nice. (+1000) Biggerfoot is just really nice. (+1000) Biggerfoot is just really nice. (+1000) Biggerfoot is just really nice. (+1000)
    I have a York Barbell Power Cage FTS-PR (48053) with a hi/low pulley. The specs list it at 80" high and after measuring, it is just over 79" I now have an 8' ceiling but an still very happy with the cage.

Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

deseee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) deseee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) deseee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) deseee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) deseee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) deseee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) deseee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) deseee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) deseee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) deseee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) deseee is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    my parabody rack fits in my 7ft basement with a couple inches to spare.
    Shouldn't you be lifting something heavy instead of reading this?

[]---[] Equipment Crew Member No. 8
    Workout Equipment Crew: We do it on Power Racks
    Bashing the Bowflex since 2008 for DiamondDelts

Bulldozer feeds upon the weaker as they fall. Bulldozer crushes all! - Machine Head

Owes me a case of beer: dolson27

Originally Posted by Biggerfoot View Post
    I have a York Barbell Power Cage FTS-PR (48053) with a hi/low pulley. The specs list it at 80" high and after measuring, it is just over 79" I now have an 8' ceiling but an still very happy with the cage.
    This is a great suggestion, though at the top end of my budget. The cheapest I've found online is 469GBP (standard cage, without any attachments) and not including shipping. That works out at $697, closer to $800 with shipping.
    Originally Posted by deseee
    my parabody rack fits in my 7ft basement with a couple inches to spare.
    Another great suggestion, but this one is a little dearer again. The cheapest price I found online was 595GBP ($884) before shipping.

Im starting to wonder if maybe I just dont have the funds to buy what I need in a rack unless I can come across one second hand somewhere. Ebay and local papers haven't been much use past few weeks. For only a couple of inches more I'd have a great choice of racks at half the price. I might end up with a half rack/ squat stand type thing instead.

Thanks everyone for the suggestions, I'll keep looking

DIY is a non-goer, it's not my garage lol. I've had enough problems even being allowed to keep an olympic set of weights there, I wouldn't want to start moving beams or cutting a lump of the ceiling out lol.

deseee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) deseee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) deseee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) deseee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) deseee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) deseee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) deseee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) deseee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) deseee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) deseee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) deseee is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    ^^^ craigslist, kajiji, classifieds, and a lot of patience
    Shouldn't you be lifting something heavy instead of reading this?

[]---[] Equipment Crew Member No. 8
    Workout Equipment Crew: We do it on Power Racks
    Bashing the Bowflex since 2008 for DiamondDelts

Bulldozer feeds upon the weaker as they fall. Bulldozer crushes all! - Machine Head

Owes me a case of beer: dolson27